IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Squidcorp »

Ground Floor, East Hall

Roy shouts after Darnell and the others,

"Why is everyone retreating all the way to the roof? HEY!"

Roy trots after Principal Adler and Miguel,

"Principal Adler, what the hell are those punk-asses doing? One zombie was spotted in the kitchen and they're giving up the whole first AND second floor? What about the doctors in the lab? Why can't we bust some heads and keep the whole building?"

OOC - who has the shotgun? please tell me it didn't just go to the roof - it's a close-combat weapon!
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Roy shouts after the group on the second floor,

"Hey, what the hell are you guys doing? HEY!"

Roy trots after Adler and Miguel down the East Hall,

"Principal Adler, why are they retreating all the way to the roof? One zombie was spotted and they're giving up both floors? Why can't we bust some heads and keep the whole building?"
OOC,Where's the shotgun? Please tell me it isn't being taken to the roof - it's a close-combat weapon.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Becky reaches the balcony and sees Adler, Miguel and Roy move out of sight into the East Hall downstairs. She moves around the balcony to her right, toward the Southwest Hall, to see where they are going.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Comforted by LaTanya's update, Julianna continues back down the North Hall to the Balcony. She hears Roy calling out to the principal downstairs. She moves to the left toward the Southeast Hall of the second floor to see if anyone is tending to the unconscious Kyle.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Unless someone tells me where the pistol is, I'm heading for the roof also," says Tariq.

"It isn't a matter of giving up the building, its a matter of fighting where you have the greatest advantage. Having an extra fifty feet of hallway behind you won't help, but being able to shoot from a balcony will."
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

"Giving up the building is our greatest advantage? Dude, when the ball snaps I don't run all the way back to my own fuckin' goal line. I gain yards. And I'd rather have 50 feet of hall behind me than get trapped up there with a bunch of pussies. Your pea shooter isn't gonna save us. Those docs in the lab are. You wanna just throw that away? You wanna let all those people get eaten to save your own ass for a few hours? What happens when you run out of bullets? When the building is full of zombies and surrounded by 'em and you get too hungry to swing a bat? If there's a hole somewhere we gotta plug it up! Grow some balls and help us, man!"
Rorran
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Rorran »

Adam, on the roof:

Adam looks at Elijah, surprised by his diagnosis of the EMP generator. He examines the leads.

"Damn silly mistake. Good thing we caught it. I guess I can let the kid do it... under supervision. It's simple enough."

To Elijah:
"Impressive, kid. You can go ahead and swap those lines. The girl can help out if you want. Don't mess with anything else without showing me first. Got it?"

Adam passes over his toolkit and steps back to oversee the operation.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
[sub]Keith is undecided on what to do next.[/sub]
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Tabs,Why is it when you post for Keith the words are way to small to read? Can you make them bigger somehow? Also I personally do not think you have to post your picture all the time but that is between you and Mr Handy I guess.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm presuming [b]Roy[/b] picked up his bat. [b]Diana[/b] picked up the shotgun. She's on the balcony right now. Her player hasn't posted yet. [b]Michiko[/b], roll Physics to see if you can help [b]Elijah[/b]. I think Tabs must be changing the font size from Normal to Small. You can set it back to Normal by using the drop-down box above the text box where you post your reply (it's between the URL and Font colour buttons). Players are not required to post their character photos in every post (nor are they even required to have photos), but they're free to do so. It's something I do all the time in the games I play in, and it helps provide a visual aid to remind you of which character is acting (it's especially helpful when you play multiple characters).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko tried her best and was happy to make some progress.

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq is confused again.

"Docs in the lab? Are going to save us? Who do you think probably caused this? But if we have assets in the building - I see what you mean. This is why I asked someone to tell me what was going on. And you shouldn't forget who's on your side, either - I can understand these are pretty bad circumstances for you, and anger can be a good way to deal with immediate combat, but you have to stay, what is the word, "cool" at other times. I've fought against overwhelming numbers of enemies before, and people who get upset easily die fiery deaths."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Lori Desmon
Lobby ground floor:

Lori Desmond looks up towards the balcony and realizing she was almost alone in the lobby. She started to run towards the north hall passing by Tariq continuing towards the stairs, second floor and balcony.

ooc:
Spoiler:
Lori wants to reach the group at the balcony as fast she can.
Last edited by Anatomist on Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Dr Singh

In the lab, Dr Singh hovers around the laptop, watching the events unfold. Finally, he shrugs and heads over to Dr Hausmann - "Dr Hausmann, is there anything I can do to expedite the research or EMP setup?"

Megan

Feeling rather helpless without a weapon, Megan decides to scout out the current situation around the school grounds from the roof.
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Roy drops his eyes and examines the tip of his bat with his fingers, suddenly feeling like a little kid dressed up in 200 pounds plus of muscle.

"Sorry Mister T. Uh... yeah. Hey, that shotgun is still up there on the balcony if you want that. Just don't let Kyle get it again."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart shouts to anyone nearby, "So what's happenin', are those critters in the kitchin going to be beaten back, or are we gonna run?"

"I wonder what is going down out there in the lobby?" she thinks.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

in the north hall, ground floor
Alvin said to those around him, "Should we not move someplace else so we have a fallback position?"

In the north hall, upper floor:
Darnell asked LaTanya, "How r you doing? Would u like me to try and bandage your wound for you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lawrence Adler[/b], [b]Miguel Garcia[/b], and [b]Roy McCrumb[/b] are moving to the thread linked below and should stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Dread

In the lobby-
Roy followed Miguel and Principal Adler down the east hall toward the cafeteria, while Amelia Delacroix and Murray followed the others going north. Only Vice Principal Kaplan remained, standing uncertainly outside the open door to the security office. Then there was a pistol shot from the east hall, but it was impossible to see what was happening there from where she currently stood.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Murray hurried along behind Alvin, glad to be out of the lobby. He barked when the gunshot rang out.

"Hurry, keep moving!" said Amelia, running alongside Tariq and Lori. "We have to get upstairs!"

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Jerry Law and Keith Stewart ran past Ron Moore on their way upstairs.

On the balcony-
Diana stood on the balcony, cradling the shotgun in her hands. Julianne went to the southeast part of the balcony and saw Kyle sprawled out in the hall a few dozen feet beyond, still unconscious. He had no weapons visible, only the backpack on his back. The baseball that had knocked him out had rolled a short distance past him. Becky went around to the southwest part of the balcony and looked over the rail. She caught a glimpse of Principal Adler, Miguel, and Roy heading down the east hall on the floor below before they passed beyond where the ceiling blocked her view. A second later, the pistol shot echoed from the east hall downstairs.

In the north hall, upper floor-
"I'll be okay," said LaTanya to Darnell. "Thanks for helping."

"Thank you, Darnell," said Michelle Marquez, "but we can take care of her leg now. Let's all go into the lab." She took LaTanya's arm and helped her along.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Bernard Smith," said the elderly black man with her. "I just arrived in the helicopter."

"Nice to meet you," said LaTanya, letting him and the nurse guide her into the lab.

In the special projects lab-
"If you could collect samples, that might help," said Dr. Hausmann. "Best of all would be one of the dead bodies. I haven't had a chance to do an autopsy of one yet. Don't take any chances trying to get one, but if the others have killed any..." She stopped speaking when the nurse and doctor returned with LaTanya.

Liz grabbed a few chairs and lined them up in a row. "Here, you can lie down on these," she said. "If you two need help, I am a medical doctor."

"I think Adam Donnelly is looking after the EMP device," said Dr. Saunders, "but if he needs help I can assist him. I didn't know that your expertise extended to physics as well, Dr. Singh."

On the roof-
Megan looked around the school grounds. Though the cluster of ghouls at the northwest corner had been destroyed, there were now dozens more scattered around the fence trying to claw their way in - and some of them were dangerously close to doing so. Erica saw them too and took a shot at one that was most of the way through the fence, only to miss.

"Got it," said Elijah as he continued to work. "Thanks, Mr. Donnelly!" With Michiko's help, it was going a lot faster.
OOC,It will take four more minutes to finish fixing the EMP generator.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"By all means, Roy, get angry if you still want to fight at whoever is about to come down this hall. Be more enraged than you've ever been. But be angry at him. He is the enemy. I'll see if I can find one of Kyle's guns upstairs and come help. I don't know about shotguns - they weren't too popular back in Iraq," Tariq calls, then heads up the steps.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

When Alvin heard the shots he said, "Oh Shit here we go again!" He began to run toward the East Hall.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”