IC-GOLD-Cheyenne of the Dead(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Cheyenne of the Dead(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin got on the radio and said, "Colonel this here is Colin Lewis. I was an Army Ranger. I served in Iraq for two tours and i have teamed up with this hear group. I know they are all good men and women and we need your help. For the love of God man can you please go talk to your superior officer and get him to let us in?" Colin however could tell that he had failed to convince the man. He shook his head at Coltrane
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Funny, we are not acting like if we were a nation, but like small tribes. This is their turf, and they won't let anyone enter. I doubt that they will obey any order actually, they are not member of the american forces, but just a group of man with military training. It's better that we leave this place; if we stay we will have to fight them, and only the zombies will winn.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Frank keyed the mic a second time: "Soldier, this is Airman Frank Hodges. We have one infected person in our ranks and I would expect nothing less than that person to be quarentined. The rest of us are 100% clean as we ALL were screened before being allowed into the motel. Shit, that's why the decon team was sent to the motel in the first place. Losing our gun and our supplies is going to be major loss to the base. We are the cavary and you're turing us away. Now get your commaning officer on the radio so we can get permission to resupply your base and help to fortify your positions."
Frank hoped that his little speach was enough to convince the soldier to listen to reason.

In the truck-
Keith turned to Melinda: "You're right. This is just craziness. At a time when we need to stick together and work together to save humanity, we're sitting here bickering like a bunch of school kids. I say "Fuck'em.' Let them rott at their base for all I care. I think we should head to the old fort in the hills and wait things out there."
Spoiler:
Handy, I thought you said that my roll was -10. Hopefully I did my roll correctly. If not, please make any corrections or have me make them in my post.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Frank Hodges,The Fast Talk roll had a -10 penalty, not a bonus - you needed to get 20% or less on 1d100 - so that roll did not succeed.
On the road-
"What?!" replied Carmichael. "One of you is infected?!" He had seemed to be wavering before, but now Hodges immediately knew he had said the wrong thing. "First of all, no infected person is coming anywhere near this base. Second, the rest of you have had contact with this infected person since the last time you were screened, so you will all need to be screened again if - and I repeat, if - you are granted entry."

Lisa took the radio from Colin, but before passing it back to Coltrane she spoke into it herself. "Colonel, my name is Lisa Crow," she said. "The man I was going to marry, Bill Black, was a decorated veteran and a true American hero. He died saving me and my friends from horrors too awful to describe, and he did not die in vain. Before that he risked his life to save your people when their helicopter went down. He understood that you can't leave people behind."

Carmichael was swayed by her heartfelt speech. "You're right, ma'am. I just hope that my superiors will listen to reason. I'll go talk to the XO now, and if I can convince him, he's probably the only one who can change the CO's mind. Before I go, listen carefully to these instructions. There is one access road to the base that hasn't been mined. It is heavily guarded, and the barricade is mobile and can be moved out of the way. We did this as a contigency in case we need to evacuate the base in a hurry, but you may be able to get in this way. Where are you exactly? I'll give you directions."

David led the pack further north on I-25, and it reached the exit to Orchard Valley via West College Drive. The next exit was for I-80, another mile ahead.
OOC,Whoever posts here first must make another Luck roll for the group, looking for 60% or less again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Spoiler:
Thanks. I figured as much. I saw that it was -10, but subtracting 10 from my roll made it better. -10 to my skill is what is actually is. I will let someone else make a luck roll as I am not having good luck as evidenced by that last post. *face palm*
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Frank Hodges,Don't worry about it. And you didn't miss by all that much. If only [b]Carmichael[/b] hadn't had so much schooling. [b]Lisa[/b] had you covered at any rate, so it worked out in the end. Although, you probably should have gone ahead and made the Luck roll anyway. Or at least somebody should have who wasn't me...
On the road-
David drove north past the exit. On the left side of the road was the Flying J truck stop, a familiar way station for him with a hotel and a McDonald's. Shortly beyond that was a rest area.

When none of the others spoke up, Roger Coltrane did. "Colonel, we're on I-25 North about one mile south of I-80," he said on the radio.

"Good, then it's not far out of your way," replied Carmichael. "When you get to the exit ramp to I-80, take it westbound until you reach Fort Access Road, Route 222. If I-80 is impassible or has hostiles on it, you can take the first exit to Route 225 West, which is Otto Road, before turning right on Roundtop Road. The exit ramp on I-80 is about another mile to the west. You want to turn right and take the access road north. Stay on that road, which runs along the west side of the base and becomes Roundtop Road again, until you reach the end of the road at Randall Avenue. That's about another three miles. Make a sharp right on Randall, and you'll be at the barricade. Once you arrive, wait there for further instructions. You got all that?"

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, I'll talk to the XO now about getting you inside. Oh, and make sure that infected person does not come anywhere near the base perimeter. I'll be in touch. Carmichael out."

David continued driving north, and before long he reached the cloverleaf where I-25 and I-80 intersected. The Little America Hotel was visible in the distance. He led the convoy around the loop and onto I-80. Unfortunately, the highway was a mess. A big pack of zombies was between them and the exit to Route 225, and it turned when the vehicles approached. Beyond the exit ramp there was a large multi-car pileup that completely blocked I-80 West.
OOC,Everyone, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10 for seeing the zombies. Remember, if you lose 5 or more points, you must roll Idea and [i]fail[/i] the roll to avoid temporary insanity. I also need a Drive roll for all of our drivers. Make this roll even if you go insane, but if you do go insane the effects of your roll will be a good deal worse. I'll roll Drive Truck for [b]David[/b] and Drive Motorcycle for [b]Amanda[/b]. I will need Drive Auto rolls for [b]Lt. Rebecca Doolittle[/b], [b]Colin Lewis[/b], and [b]Melinda Christie[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr Handy,Since Colin just lost it here, my secret comes into play correct?
Colin had not yet seen the horde having turned to look at the Semi. He got on the CB with David and said, "What are you going to do David? They will not let your passanger in so you going to keep on trucking or what?"

At this point he turned and saw the horde of zombies. He blanched at the site. The site was extremely disturbing to Colin who had lost so much that day. Colin screamed in fear His foot found the gas and went down on it lurching the truck forward. He went faster and faster toward the zombies.
Mr Handy and group,Colin is deeply sorry about what will occur in the next few moments of this game. Not only has he lost it, but his fragile sanity points now sit at 5! Also for those in his truck or anywhere near well his drive auto skill roll was at 93 and he needed to get lower then 47% So again sorrry and I hope that zombie Colin does not hurt any of you in the nearby future.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,Actually, no, you don't have another flashback. In Chapter 3, Lewie Newton successfully used a Psychoanalysis roll on you, so you won't have any more flashbacks for a week. You drew an emotional outburst (laughing or crying), and it will only last for 5 rounds - including this one.
OOC,[b]Colin[/b]'s not dead yet, nor is he permanently insane! He's going to have a mishap with his truck unless one of his passengers can grab the wheel and save the day, but the failure is a regular one and not a critical. He won't collide with any of the other vehicles, and he's at the back of the pack so his truck won't get in their way. I'll roll for his passengers now, but I'll wait to update until the other players have posted.
On I-80 West-
Colin was overwhelmed by his emotions and lost control of his vehicle. Lisa Crow kept her cool and grabbed the wheel, managing to keep the pickup moving in a roughly straight line and avoiding the zombies. Senior Airman Coltrane watched in horror, his knuckles turning white as he gripped the door handle. He was swamped with terror, and he was sure of his imminent doom. He began to scream, his voice echoing in the confines of the truck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr Handy,The reason I asked you about Colin is that you said in his secrets that even if he saw zombies and did not go insane he would suffer flashbacks.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I won't be a me to post me rolls as I am traveling and can only post text from my phone
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll roll for your characters if you aren't able to post your rolls by the time kabukiman has posted for [b]Melinda[/b]. Fulcilives2003 hasn't posted in a while, so I'll NPC [b]Lt. Doolittle[/b] if needed.
Colin Lewis,Yes, that's right. His secrets also said that if either [b]Lewie Newton[/b] or [b]Joe Soarez[/b] successfully used Psychoanalysis on him, he'd have no further flashbacks for a week. Chapter 3 was a long time ago, so it's easy to forget that. I had to look it up myself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: No problem. Feel free to roll for them if needed.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr Handy,Oh sorry I thought the new note triumphed over the old note now. Yeah i forgot about the Pysch roll with everything happening that has! So let me ask you. WIth only 5 points left he will go insane most likly by the end of this chapter unless he is extremely lucky. If I am rolling him and that occures...do I just stop in the middle of the rolls or what?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,Yes, if he hits 0 Sanity he is permanently insane, so there's no need to roll any more dice for temporary insanity at that point. It is theoretically possible to recover from it, but it takes years of therapy. There's a very good chance [b]Colin[/b] won't go to 0 Sanity this chapter. He started with 11 Sanity, and he can only lose a total of 10 for seeing zombies in any given chapter. He already lost 6, so he can lose at most 4 more. As long as he doesn't lose any Sanity for other reasons, he should still have at least 1 Sanity - and as long as you have 1 Sanity point left, you are not completely insane. Plus, once you reach a real safe haven, and Warren AFB qualifies, you can get a Sanity reward at the end of the chapter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda was getting used to the creatures, and didn't react.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the car-
From the passenger seat of the car, Frank stared ahead at the hoard of zombies and prepared his rifle, unfazed by the sight of trouble ahead. He scanned the cloverleaf interchange and looked for a way to travel on one of the other interchanges that would normally carry head-on traffic before the world went south, but now was simply another piece of pavement going in the dirction they needed to go in.

In the passenger seat of his car-
Keith was able to get a glimps of the hoard blocking their path. After all that he had seen today, the zombies did little to unnearve Keith.
Not wanting a battle, Keith looked around for a path his truck could take off road to get past the hoard and headed in the direction they needed to go.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I still need a Drive Auto roll for [b]Melinda[/b]. I'd also like a Sanity and a Drive Auto roll from [b]Lt. Doolittle[/b]'s player. I-80 is elevated at this point. The zombies are scattered about the roadway, not in one big clump. The only way off is an exit ramp curving around to the right that takes you to Otto Road, heading southwest. The ramp itself is clear, but you'll have to weave around zombies and wrecked vehicles to get to it. If the driver of your vehicle is sane and succeeded at the Drive Auto roll, your vehicle can reach the ramp with no problem. [b]Lisa[/b] has already done this for [b]Colin[/b]'s truck. If the driver fails the Drive roll or goes temporarily insane, a passenger who stays sane may attempt a Drive roll. Going forward on I-80 past the exit ramp is not an option, as the wrecks do block the highway ahead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda passed the test.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,Actually [b]Colin[/b]'s secret worked differently than what you said. It applies when he loses 5 or more Sanity at once, but it does not have to be from zombies. He also would get a Luck roll to avoid the flashback, but he's immune to them for the next week anyway.
On I-80 West-
David blanched when he saw the undead ahead, but recovered fairly quickly. He skillfully steered a course around the zombies and onto the exit ramp leading to Otto Road. Beside him, Dr. Dale Owens was also white as a sheet, shuddering but barely under control. Melinda followed in his wake in Keith's truck, and the two of them also made it onto the ramp.

Lt. Rebecca Doolittle gaped in shock at the zombies on the highway ahead. Badly rattled, she could think of nothing but trying to drive around them. She was an excellent pilot, but a terrible driver. She was heading right for the heart of the mob. Zorie Spooner shrieked in fright, shivering in the back seat. Amanda Deeds stayed collected and avoided both the zombies and the swerving car in front of her. Lisa Crow kept Colin's truck on a course for the exit ramp while the men in the cab sobbed and screamed.
OOC,[b]Frank Hodges[/b], you have one chance to prevent an accident by seizing the wheel. Roll Drive Auto; the base skill is 20%. If you fail, roll Luck. [b]Lt. Doolittle[/b], also roll Luck if he fails.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Seeing Lt. Doolittle panic behind the wheel, Frank reached over and attempted to right the course of the car, but he was simply unable to help as much as he would have liked. He was lucky, however, that he did not fail too badly.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”