OOC-Chapter 4-The Longest Day-General Discussion

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: OOC-Chapter 4-The Longest Day-General Discussion

Post by Tangerine »

I got Fallout 1 and 2 from GOG.com - still haven't finished 1 yet (I have many pet-project-hobbies). Haven't played Fallout 3 as my computer's about 5 years old, and would melt just being near the CD :cry:

The map will be helpful! I'm still trying to think about what my characters now about the school, where stuff is they can use, and actions based on that - do any of them have a Bag of Holding with several Gun stores, food markets and military vehicles?
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Alex Tru
Layman
Layman

Post by Alex Tru »

Mr. Handy could you just take a picture of it then up load it to Photobucket or a similar site? That may be fastest and it could save you some time.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Well, I have Fallout 3... and I can see certain similarities. But I have to admit, it's more like Oblivion than one of the previous Fallout games. It's not exactly turn-based, but you can pause the combat once in a while to aim on on specific limbs and do some nasty critical damage.

It's a great game when all you want to do is wander about aimlessly and get your frustrations out on some muties or zombies.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tangerine wrote:I got Fallout 1 and 2 from GOG.com - still haven't finished 1 yet (I have many pet-project-hobbies). Haven't played Fallout 3 as my computer's about 5 years old, and would melt just being near the CD :cry:

The map will be helpful! I'm still trying to think about what my characters now about the school, where stuff is they can use, and actions based on that - do any of them have a Bag of Holding with several Gun stores, food markets and military vehicles?
I know what it's like to be short on time, and it was a long time before I finished Fallout 1 (there was actually a gap of years in there, and I ended up starting over). My last computer is about 5 years old, but I got a new one last year that will run Fallout 3 with no problem. There are gun shops and food markets in Omaha, but good luck getting to them. There is a lot of food stored in the cafeteria's pantry. The closest thing to a military vehicle is Rachel's Hummer H2 parked out front. The military uses the equivalent of the larger H1, which is no longer manufactured for civilian use (primarily because people stopped buying them).
Alex Tru wrote:Mr. Handy could you just take a picture of it then up load it to Photobucket or a similar site? That may be fastest and it could save you some time.
Normally I could take a picture with my digital camera and upload it to Imageshack, but the picture I drew is just a rough draft and has a lot of cross-outs, revisions, and arrows pointing every which way. I'll have to redraw it anyway, so I might as well do it properly on the computer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren Montrose Skill rolls
Sorry its taken so long hectic past month or so.
Spot hidden fail
url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1897194/]Mechanical Repair 20+4 (24)[/url]
Listen 25+10 (35)
Jump Roll xp 50+5 (55)
Throw xp roll 50+7 (57)
climb roll fail
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Mr. Handy,

If you ever want a place online to draw a quick picture on the computer and save it to some web space, check out http://fundraw.com/ sometime. It's pretty cool. Even allows you to go back and edit your drawings.

Pretty handy if you have like an overhead view or floor plan already imaged out, you can upload it, then add in where everyone is standing. Nice for battle-mapping.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Iam477 wrote:Lauren Montrose Skill rolls
Sorry its taken so long hectic past month or so.
Spot hidden fail
Mechanical Repair 20+4 (24)
Listen 25+10 (35)
Jump Roll xp 50+5 (55)
Throw xp roll 50+7 (57)
climb roll fail
Don't worry about it, I've been really busy too. Those are some good rolls! I'll update Lauren's character sheet now.
ImpInTraining wrote:Mr. Handy,

If you ever want a place online to draw a quick picture on the computer and save it to some web space, check out http://fundraw.com/ sometime. It's pretty cool. Even allows you to go back and edit your drawings.

Pretty handy if you have like an overhead view or floor plan already imaged out, you can upload it, then add in where everyone is standing. Nice for battle-mapping.
Thanks, that does look helpful, though you have to register to use it and it looks like it has similar capabilities to Paint. Unfortunately, I simply don't have time during the week to draw the map, so it has to wait for the weekend. Luckily I have Monday off as well, so I should be able to get a lot done. We've got Visio at work, and I'm hoping to draw up a detailed floor plan using it during lunches and breaks, but there's no way that will be ready by Friday, so I'll probably draw it in Paint this weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Yeah, You do have to register, but it's free. It's better than paint because it keeps track of objects you draw, sort of puts them on their own levels so you can move things around easy. Can't do that in paint.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've just added six new character sheets to the Sword section. Their thread isn't up yet, but it should start in another week or so. See the Character Selection and Discussion for more details, and post there if you have an open slot and would like to play one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In case you didn't see it, I posted the maps to the school last night. They're in the Chapter 4 subforum, in the sticky thread called - wait for it - "Maps." :)

I intend to update all the Omaha threads Wednesday night. There are still a few people I'd like to get responses from before moving on, including our new player, Dreamer. Welcome to the game, Dreamer!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Oooh, I like maps.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Mr Handy,
I was not sure where to put this but in the back of my mind I wonder....the creature that ate Jim, Alice, Mr. Foo, and others....is it still alive and just a huge blob in the basement of the motel or did it just hit the walls and implode?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It was under the T-Bone, not the motel. As far as anyone knows it's still alive, as nobody killed it. The only person who witnessed it that is still alive is Sally, and she's got a lot more to worry about than that creature.

The new characters in Sword now have an IC thread. So far only Mei Ling has been claimed, but the other five are still available. Tabs, you can start posting for her any time you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the news today, Austin, Texas was attacked by zombies:
Well, not really. It turns out a hacker changed the road signs: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/Road_signs_warn_of_zombies

Not everybody has posted up for Omaha yet. I won't be able to update it tonight or tomorrow night, but I plan to update all the sections by Saturday, so please make sure you post if you haven't already done so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

I wish they'd do that where I lived.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

RIP Mei Ling.

Do I get any kudos for having the first death in Chapter 4? ;)
Last edited by Tabs on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Wow!! That was fast!
Rorran
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Rorran »

Mr. Handy wrote:In the news today, Austin, Texas was attacked by zombies:
Well, not really. It turns out a hacker changed the road signs: http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/Road_signs_warn_of_zombies

Not everybody has posted up for Omaha yet. I won't be able to update it tonight or tomorrow night, but I plan to update all the sections by Saturday, so please make sure you post if you haven't already done so.
Read the article. It's pretty amusing...

Especially this part:
...speculation among the tech-savvy on the Internet is that the signs were inspired by the video game Call of Duty 5, World at War, which is the top game in the country right now and features "nazi zombies," or an upcoming movie about zombies called "Dead Snow..."
Don't you just love how people are so quick to blame video games and movies? :shock:
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tell me about it! :roll: I guess the concept of people being responsible for their own actions never even occurred to them...

Congratulations on being the first fatality of Chapter 4, Tabs! Don't think of it as dying. Think of it as leaving early to beat the rush. :twisted:

This really isn't that early for a character death. It's already been over a month, though it's true that this character was only added a couple of weeks ago. Those of you who were here in Chapter 3 might remember the helicopter crash that killed three characters (plus two throwaway NPCs who didn't even merit character sheets), including one PC. That happened almost right out of the gate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Yes Mr Handy we are all proud of your ability to make up 600 characters and then kill 583 of them by the end of the chapter. :D :) ;) :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
But on a lighter side I am surprised that it has been a month and that no one died until now and that that person died through thier own fault instead of say a zombie eating their head. Of course unless the killer shot Tabs in the head Mi Ling may be coming back for an encore. :twisted:

Oh and also Mr. Handy when you have time it does not appear that anyone will be posting up in my last game anymore so can you place it in the hall of fame for me?
-steve
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”