IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus nods obediently and heads over to help with the shelves that the ladies have been 'man-handling' thus far.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

Emily sets the flashlight down on the floor of the roof for anyone to use: "Here is a flashlight if we need it. I suggest we don;t go shining it around too much so we don't draw unwanted attention to ourselves."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat moves closer to Cynthia to make room for Marcus. "Are you alright? The night will be over in no time, then we´ll drive on to the air base."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

Cynthia gives a little shrug. "It'll be okay," she says optimistically. "It has to be."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Up on the roof Victor said, "Anyone see anything out there?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I can't see anything. I even tried to listen and couldn't hear anything." Emily said. "What about the rest of you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There's been an update since the last time you rolled, so those of you on the roof may again roll Spot Hidden at 1/3 skill and Listen at full (with an additional -5 for [b]Emily[/b] unless she takes off her helmet).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

As the darkness deepened, Emily could not see anything of the surrounding landscape.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus couldn't see anything, for he was too preoccupied moving a large shelf. The big man made it look somewhat easy by taking one side by himself, allowing the two other women to lift the other side. Seemed to be going a little quicker, anyway. He started singing a gospel tune quietly:
"Lord, he thought he'd make a man - dem bones gonna rise again.
Made him out of clay and sand - dem bones gonna rise again.

I knowed it, knowed it, indeed, I knowed it, brother!
I knowed it. WHEE!!!! Dem bones gonna rise again.

Thought he'd make a woman too - dem bones gonna rise again.
He didn't know just what to do - dem bones gonna rise again.

I knowed it, knowed it, indeed, I knowed it, brother!
I knowed it. WHEE!!!! Dem bones gonna rise again.

Took a rib from Adam's side - dem bones gonna rise again.
For to make Miss Eve, his bride - dem bones gonna rise again."

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily sat down next to Lauren and leaned her back against the low wall surrounding the roof. Speaking to Victor: "So, Victor, we kind of got off on the wrong foot earlier. Let's start over, shall we?" She said warmly. "My name is Emily Montrose. This is my daughter, Lauren. That there is Kyle. We three are all each of us has, so we are family. What about you? What's your story?...I mean, otehr than what you've told us. Any family before all of this happened?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor sat down next to the girls and said, "My name is Victor Gonzalez. How do you two do? I am sorry bout eariler as well. Got no excuse except for the usual ones...you know dad ran away when I was young and ma took it out on me and my sister. My sister died when I was a teenager and left me alone. Every girl I have ever loved has broken my heart. Joined a gang when I was young back in Chicago where I lived on the South Side. Was arrested at 14 for marking a wall with graffitti. Was given 3 years probation for that act and when I was picked up at the police station by my mother she waited until we got home before whipping me. I ran away shortly afterwards. When I was 15 i was arrested for arson. I was simply trying to get warm in an closed building and started a fire that got out of control. I was given 1 year for that as well as serving my other 2 years for violation of probation. I got out and tried to put my life together. Did not work out. When I was 21 I met this girl whom I thought would be mine forever. We had a kid together but she dumped me for another low life loser. So when she came back to get her stuff i grabbed her and beat her. I served 3 years for that crime. When I got out I knew I was going to always be a crimminal so a week later went out and stole that money truck, hid the money, and was arrested. That is where I met Richard. He is the only family i got. How pathatic is that?" Victor lowered his head and began to quietly cry.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily leaned towads Victor and put an arm around him as he cried: "It's a pleasure to meet you, Victor. I don't think your life has been pathetic at all. You were delt a bad hand and did the best that you could. So many people are given everything in life and just squander it. That is pathetic in my book. You've made some bad choices in bad circumstances that were out of your control. That is in the past, though. There is nothing that can be done about the past working towards redemtion in the future. In a weird way, this fucked up day has given you a second chance. All of your past is whiped away and all that matters is the here and now. Now is the chance to make the right choices. I, for one, am glad to be here with you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Wise words, ma'am," said Richard. "I'm Richard Saxon, Victor's best friend. I'm glad you're here too, Emily. I know Victor can be a little abrasive sometimes, but he's a great guy. You can't ask for anyone better to watch your back - especially in jail. Thanks to him, I didn't have to deal with the problems that most good-looking guys have to face in prison. Nobody messed with me for fear he would kick their ass."

Kyle kept scanning the darkening horizon. "I still don't see nothin'," he said. "Maybe...maybe that's because there's nothin' to see!" He smiled at the prospect.

Ho Nguyen picked up the flashlight and turned it on, waving the beam back and forth. As he looked to the north, he gasped as he spotted something - several somethings! "Not nothing!" he said, pointing and focusing the light on the shambling figures approaching from the north, a few hundred yards from the store. "Too far away to shoot, even with rifle. Waste of bullets. Wait until they closer."

"I can't see them yet," said Richard. "It's just too dark."
OOC,Everyone on the roof may roll Spot Hidden at 1/3 skill again to try to see them.
In the store-
WIth the help of Marcus and Kathryn, the other women were able to finish moving the second row of shelves into position next to the first row in the second rank. It would take another two sets of shelves to complete the second layer of defenses.
OOC,The four of you should work out amongst yourselves how you want to divide into teams. Raziel, who is playing [b]Helen[/b], hasn't posted yet, but hopefully will soon. Each team should add up the STR scores of all of its members and then roll STR x 3 against the total. Any team that has a total STR of 34 or higher will automatically succeed and does not need to roll, but you should anyway since exceptional successes will shorten the time required to finish moving the shelves. On a normal success, it will take five minutes to move a row of shelves into place. A failure wastes one minute.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, there´s obviously something quite close by, if I interpret the anxious discussion upstairs." Kat says to her store friends. "Eerie lullaby, Marcus. Now hush baby, let´s see what they have to report upstairs... It´s quite cumbersome to shift those shelves... Lets preserve our strength and find a good spot to hold up at!"

"Emily, any incoming hostiles?", she speaks to the helmet´s comm.

Awaiting a reply, she suggests, "Now, we´ve made it a trifle more difficult to barge in here. If we retreat to the corridor down back, the hsotiles have to climb the first set of shelves, divert their path to cross the store - giving us a line of sight. Then if we hunker up in the corridor, only one at the time, tops two, can assail us. We pick 'em out one at the rime. The back being partially barricaded and within seeing distance should be a plus too. The way up top is close by too. That oucht to be our best tactical move."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hearing Mr. Ho's words, Emily stood up and scanned the area. While she could not see the threats, she took Mr. Ho's words to be truth. The keyed the radio on her helmet: "Roger that. Mr. Ho reports several incomming hostiles from the north. Be prepared, everone."
Emily turned to Kyle: "Kyle, get the rifle ready and be ready to start shooting once they are in range. Okay?"
Turning to Mr. Ho, Emily said: " How far off are they? Perhaps I should hold the flashlight so you can shoot the rifle?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor stood up and wiped his eyes. He looked toward where Mr. Ho was pointing but could not see anything out there.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus shrugs, looking in the direction that Kat was suggesting they hole up.
ooc,Any access to the sewers within the store?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, there isn't. The store is off the beaten path and isn't connected to Ogallala's sewer system. It has a septic tank out back instead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

"No, we should set up as many shelves as we can, as quickly as we can, unless... Are there any other windows in any of the offices? How is the back door secured?" asks Cynthia.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”