IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
[sub]Keith hears Alvin's advice and continues upstairs, although he wants to see what has happened with Roy and Kyle.[/sub]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
[sub]Keith hears Alvin's advice and continues upstairs, although he wants to see what has happened with Roy and Kyle.[/sub]
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Lori Desmond loks from one person to the other being utterly confused. 'escuse me' 'anyone got a better weapon for me then this kitchen knife i got?' 'a smaler revolver or something?'
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

Spoiler:
hoping it is okay for lori to start playing in this thread
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, definitely! Everyone in the three threads that closed is now in this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq

Tariq is slightly confused, especially by the absence of headshotted enemies. He walks up to Kaplan, and peers into the security office to see if there are any guns in there, planning to take at least one if he sees any.

He then turns to Kaplan,

"Ms. Kaplan, do you really think that your car can get out? I have equipment and weapons - automatic weapons, not baseball bats - at my house, which isn't far. We could stop there, arm ourselves, and then flee town. If we made it to the airport, I have a little experience with helicopters, and could probably get us out if the weather was good. Of course, it might be less risky to go to the roof."

he then speaks slightly louder, still nominally adressing Ms. Kaplan, but hoping anyone will answer his questions,

"and what is this about headshots and teenage romance? If anyone has a gun, I can probably use it best when the enemy in the cafeteria gets here."
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Squidcorp »

Lobby

Roy tries it louder this time,

"DARNELL! MY BAT!"
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Though LaTanya ignored her question, Julianna has seem enough. She runs back to the lab as fast as she can with the fire extinguisher to inform the others.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab

Feeling useless and anxious, Becky pokes her head out the door to see if anything is happening. She sees Julianna running awkwardly back up the hall with the fire extinguisher and chortles to herself. She remains stubbornly in the doorway, amused in more ways than one that the hot teacher has to squeeze past to her to get inside.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab

Julianna raises an eyebrow at Becky,

"Excuse me!"

Back in the lab, Julianna addresses Dr. Hausman,

"The gunshots weren't what we thought. It was students shooting at each other! The instigator is unconscious and disarmed. But something has apparently found its way into the kitchen. I counted at least three guns out there, so they may be able to handle it."

She sets the extinguisher on the floor next to the door,

"I'm going back."
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab

Hearing this, Becky grunts and starts down the hall with her bat.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell tossed the bat to Roy and said, "Join us up on the roof." He then turned to LaTanya and said, "You trust me enough to come with me to the roof baby?"

Down in the Lobby Alvin continued to prepare to fight.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
Julianna pushed pass Becky into the lab; Rachel watched on, amused by their antics.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy,Where is Jerry?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,A few things: [b]LaTanya[/b] wasn't ignoring [b]Julianne[/b], I just forgot that she had asked the question when I made the minor update. I was going to have her answer in this major update anyway, but it had been delayed. Also, [b]Julianne[/b] cannot get all the way back to the lab in the turn that just ended (though she can still shout so that those inside hear her). She's in the north hall in the upper floor right now, and this turn she can make it back into the lab. [b]Jerry[/b] is in the north stairwell on the ground floor, and this turn he can make it up to the upper floor landing. You can check your characters' locations in the Locations thread, and you can use the maps in the Maps thread to plan your route. By the way, if you have more than one character in the same thread, you do not need to make separate posts for each of them. You can post for multiple characters in the same post. If they're in different areas, you can just use headings indicating the location like I do.
On the roof-
"Unfortunately, there was no time to cremate everyone who died today before they rose up," said Erica. "That's where most of the walking corpses came from, because of the alien mosquito-things in the meteors that came down last night. I'm sorry, but this is happening all over the world. Luckily I brought the people who can put a stop to all this here." She squeezed the trigger yet again and finished off the crawling zombie that had nearly made it through the bottom of the fence. "Yeah!"

Elijah carefully examined the EMP device. The young prodigy quickly assessed the EMP device and nodded to himself. "You've got the leads wired up the wrong way," he said. "We just need to reverse the polarity and everything will work fine. It'll take me about ten minutes. If it's okay for Michiko to help, we might get it done even faster."

On the balcony-
LaTanya went with Darnell back down the hall to the north. "Yes, let's get up on the roof," she said. "If we have to get off the roof in a hurry, there are always the fire escapes. Come on, Diana."

In the north hall, upper floor-
Darnell and LaTanya followed Julianne down the hall. Ahead of them they saw Rachel Cohen already in the hall and Becky emerging from the lab. "We're all okay!" shouted LaTanya. "Kyle Rogers tried to shoot Roy McCrumb with a shotgun, but Roy jumped off the balcony and wasn't hurt. Then someone down in the lobby shot back at Kyle, and Roy started throwing things at him. He managed to knock Kyle out. My leg got hurt by accident during the fight, but I'll be fine."

In the special projects lab-
Dr. Smith moved for the exit when he heard what had happened, and Michelle went with him. "I'm Michelle Marquez, the school nurse," she told him.

"Glad to have your help," he said. "I'm Dr. Bernard Smith. Dr. Hausmann, you should stay here in the lab and continue your work. I think the two of us can handle this."

Kelly Cameron lowered her head and turned away, swallowing.

"Well, I wouldn't go so far as to drop acid," said Stephanie to Chester Johnson with a grin as she typed. "Valium might be just as effective with fewer side effects, but even that can impair you. We don't even know if it does make you immune anyway, but if it does maybe we could isolate whatever it is that confers immunity from the more dangerous components of the drug."

In the lobby-
The aluminum bat landed near Roy with a clang.

Miguel left the keys in the lock of the open door to the security office. Inside the room, a cabinet was visible where a couple of nightsticks were kept locked up, but no guns were kept there. The keys that Miguel had left would unlock the cabinet. There were also keys on the ring for the two detention cells that were around the corner of the L-shaped security office. Neither one was currently occupied. "Kyle had a shotgun and a handgun," he said. "I'm sure someone can use them. I've got a gun too, but it's the only one I have." He took out his Glock 9mm. "Principal Adler, I'm with you."

"All right," said Adler. "First, let's block off the door to the cafeteria. That might get us a small reprieve." He grabbed the chair from behind the security desk and headed down the east hall. Miguel followed him.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Keith and Jerry hurried down the hall and entered the stairwell.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Coach Ron Moore was still waiting on the landing when Jerry and Keith entered.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

In the north hall, upper floor:
Darnell whispered to LaYanya, "Thanks for not ratting me out for hurting you. I appreciate it."

In the Lobby:
Alvin hurried after Jerry and Keith entering the stairway. "Wait gentlemen." he cried out.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes?-asked Jerry

Michiko
-It will be an honour to help.

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

In the Lobby:

"Students shooting at each other? I hope my son wasn't involved in this, but finding out will have to wait. I don't know about anyone else, but I've fired a handgun in combat more than once, so I think whoever has Kyles might want to toss it to me."

Tariq looks around, planning to stay and fight if he can get a gun, but also ready to flee what he is sure is a foolhardy stand.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin asked, "where are you guys going? If you are going to get that teenage punk and put him in the dentention cell I know that a few of us can sure use his pistol and shotgun."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-We are returning to the main group. The group who arrested the kid is more interested in trying to escape from here.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”