IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

"Honestly, I think it sounds dangerous. It's a big risk for you and it may end up drawing those things towards us." Emily says
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Yeah but i am just a common crimminal and will end up to no good anyhow. Just a spic who will end up on welfare one day you know."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Victor, all of that is in the past. Government, prisons, welfare...all of them are gone" Emily replied to Victor as she climbed down the ladder. " We are back to basics: survival. Pure and simple. Besides, no one is beyond redemption."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus looked to Kathryn at her last words and shrugged, "I am little more than what you see on the cover, ma'am. A good mechanic, strong as an ox. I don't like all the fighting going on, and killin' those poor sick people... but its us or them at this point. What I do know is that fighting against each other is a bad idea. We need to pull together, and don't need to be a-worryin' who got our backs." He continued moving the shelves, and it didn't seem too strenuous to him, what with some help. He looked like he could go at it all night long if need be.

As they continued to move shelves, Marcus asked Kat, "So... don't you think shinin' that flashlight all over the place up top might be drawing more attention than what its worth?" He shrugged again and added, "Guess we'll find out soon enough."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,This update encompasses two minutes. Whoever uses the flashlight gets to double their skill for Spot Hidden rolls (and Handgun rolls if shooting at something while holding the lit flashlight in the off-hand). This is cumulative with the darkness penalties. Since the current penalty reduces your skill to 1/3 of its normal value, using the flashlight means your skill is effectively at 2/3. Only the person holding the flashlight gets this benefit.
On the roof-
"Yes, Emily right," said Ho, reloading his rifle. "Fire too dangerous, and could spread too."

Emily went down the ladder and picked up the flashlight that Marcus had left for her. Then she climbed back up the ladder and onto the roof. Kyle peered out into the deepening darkness, but without light he couldn't see much.

In the store-
Marcus and Kathryn continued to move the shelving toward the front of the store and were now most of the way there. Helen and Cynthia tried to move another set of shelves again, but it only budged a little. They rested for a moment before making another attempt, this time with better results.
OOC,It will take [b]Marcus[/b] and [b]Kathryn[/b] two more minutes to finish moving their shelves. [b]Helen[/b] and [b]Cynthia[/b] will be done in four more minutes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Smiling at Marcus´ comment Kat suggests, "Sure! Strap a flashie on to some poor sod and send him running! Sure will draw attention to him. That´s what we don´t want, right? Painting the windows and lighting the place up are kinda contra productive. I would vote for a situation where we draw attention to another location... Somehow... For now, let´s stick to this plan: If someone or something gets in through these doors or windows, we send them to kingdom come. The shelves will stall them at best not stop them. We may get a few shots extra to finish them off. I´ve encountered infected on a couple of occasions and it´s starnge...Anyone who die gets some weird energy and rises with the infection. Must be something airborne...So let´s stay alive! Marcus...If I by some misfortune end up at the angels make sure I don´t turn on you guys...Shoot my brains out - then I won´t come after for them kisses... I promise I do you in if fate gives you a fast ball to hell, fair?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus nodded, "Sure. Figure as I'll be dead in the head... it won't matter much no how." The big man shuffled along carrying the heavy shelves and said "Kathryn, just so you knows... I gots a car nearby. Its in the garage across the way. Keys in my pocket. The tank is full, and I keep her in good shape."

He considered the idea of drawing attention elsewhere, then asked, "If we gets surrounded, I wonder how good those infected can see in the dark. Maybe we could camouflage somebody and send them off to draw attention. But I don't know how they'd get out of here without being seen. Can't go through the front door no more. Back door will probably be covered. Jumpin' off the roof is pretty out in plain sight."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor said, "I will go be bait when the time comes. Nothing I can do to advance society as a crook anyway."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We brought our wheels as well, Marcus...Better stay together and sit this out. Then we go in caravan to some base ahead and see what goes from there. Don´t want to be cut off from the others now. Could be friendly fire that kills ya. If you keep cool we all be fine. But, thanks for sharing a secret." To Cynthia Kat offers some reassurance, "We´ll get away from here when the morning comes, don´t worry. One way or the other..." She glances at Helen, "Won´t we?" Thinking of the kids up top and Emily, Kat says in the helmet comm, "Things alright topside?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus exclaimed, "I wasn't suggestin' we go run off in the night - lessin we have no choice in the matter. Just lettin' you know in case somethin' happened to me and your other vehicle is compromised."

He looked at the shelves on the front wall and shook his head wondering how anything could make short work of getting through their blockade. It should take them a good long while to knock the shelves over, providing they could get enough weight and leverage behind the shove. Crawling through didn't seem like an option unless they managed to break the shelves backings first. He felt rather safe with them in place. The only concern he had was if the infected managed to crawl to the top of the shelves and over them. "I think we should do somethin' to defend the top of the shelves. Maybe we can find some razor blades or nails or somethin' and have them pointy-side out up on top. That way if any of those infected try to crawl on over, they'll cut their hands up but good."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily scans the darkness for infected before replying into the mic: "Yeah. Things are okay now, thankfully. They were a little tense for a while, though. I think we should be okay up here for now. How are things down there?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We´re making sure all shelves ward off the posterior store from the front. It´s tough but Marcus is a great asset." She smiles at her shelf-hauling wingman. The therapy of doing something that appeared to be with purpose - and trusting the one you did it with, was making Kat feel better at ease with the new acquaintances. However the topside arrangement with the shop keeper and the two men...was another matter. How serious the matter should prove to be has to be determined in the future.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

"This is tricky," Cynthia says, pouting.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

With the darkeness making seeing an threats difficult, Emily stood at the side of the building, closed her eyes, and tried to listen to the darkness surrounding her much like she used to do as a kid in a dark house. After a few moments she quickly opened her eyes, feeling slightly emberassed.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus was beginning to take his mind off all the mahem outside, and he knew it was largely because he was talking with someone. Ho hardly ever talked to him unless it was to bark orders or complain about something undone. And Kathryn was a darn sight better looking than the old coot. He asked Kat, "So, what do you do... I mean, outside of here when it's all normal like?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,This update also encompasses two minutes. [b]Emily[/b] had put her helmet back on earlier, so she has a -5 penalty to Spot Hidden and Listen rolls. This means her Listen roll above is a failure. The -5 to Spot Hidden rolls is applied after the skill is divided, which doesn't leave her much chance. Spot Hidden rolls are currently at 1/3 skill when looking beyond 30 yards from the store, or 2/3 for the person using the flashlight. I'm assuming this is [b]Emily[/b], since she has it and hasn't given it to anyone else. This means that she gets 2/3 of her base skill of 25%, which would normally mean she succeeds on a 16 or less. With her helmet on, she succeeds on an 11 or less.
On the roof-
Emily could see nothing in the darkness even with the aid of the flashlight, and she heard nothing but the growing howl of the wind. Kyle still couldn't make anything out either. Ho Nguyen was equally blind.

In the store-
Marcus and Kathryn shoved the shelving up against the row already in place at the northwest corner of the store, reinforcing it further. Helen and Cynthia made further progress with their shelves, and they were now most of the way to the front of the store.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b] and [b]Kathryn[/b], you may start moving another row of shelves now if you wish. If you do, make another STR x 3 roll using your combined STR scores. [b]Helen[/b] and [b]Cynthia[/b] now have two more minutes before their own row of shelves is in place. Raziel, you can start posting for [b]Helen[/b] whenever you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I say we rest with this and help the women with that last shelf. Eh, normally I´m painting and doing some photography... And I keep my day job. I´m no Picasso... I´m a air traffic controller at a strip. My aim is to get to a major airport and do their interior design. That, while doubling as chief traffic controller. That´s about my life goals in two sentences." Kat wipes the sweat from her hands, looking for oranges on display somewhere in the store.

Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
The oranges will be used to improve grip and hinder sweat from impairing vision. She´ll rub the orange in her palms and then on the forehead.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The store doesn't sell any fresh fruit, but you can probably find something that could be used instead. If the two of you want to help [b]Helen[/b] and [b]Cynthia[/b] move their shelf, the four of you together can finish putting it in place in one minute. No need to roll anything in that case.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
Go for the 1 minute move of the shelf. Ditch the orange idea.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Yeah, help us," said Cynthia. "If something comes up here, better we have another shelf up already than be halfway there with two shelves. It'll be a lot quicker!"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”