IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor, while keeping an eye on marcus, said, "I am sure that Kyle and i can help you out with the gun Lauren."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus rushed over to the dumpster... and looked rather funny doing so. He didn't have the body of one accustomed to 'rushing'. Once he got there, he threw his shoulder against the dumpster and tried to push it away from the building... but it didn't budge. He was thinking there might be wheels on the bottom side, but apparently not.
ooc,Any sense trying again?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You will be able to try again, but wait until after the next major update. I'm going to wait another day or two to give [b]Kathryn[/b] and [b]Richard[/b] a chance to act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hearing the shots from the roof, Kat gets her 9mm out and spins around, facing the now blocked store front. She keeps her other hand guardingly in front of Cynthia, "Can you manage to squeeze a trigger? Here..:" Kat lets the shotgun slide down from her shoulder in the strap as she spins towards the windows. She tries to see what they are targeting from above... "Just wait till your target is close... really close - can´t miss, then..."
The words come out fleetingly and Kat feels her confidence rise when she´s protecting her new friend. We´re not trapped and unarmed...we´re fortified and well stocked. The thought started with a negation. Had she really felt assured of the situation, she would have skipped that and only stuck to the last bit. Neglecting the pessimistic/optimistic analysis in her head she flips the 9mm´s safety off.

Let them come!
Spoiler:
Yikes, sorry for holding up the scene! If the above action is too time consuming for one update, let´s stick with readying the gun. She can pass the shotgun next turn ;)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, it's not too time consuming, and you're not holding up the game. You weren't the only one who hadn't posted, and I would have moved forward before long. I didn't have time to update last night anyway. I just didn't know if you weren't posting because there was nothing you wanted to do, or if it was because you were busy.
In the store-
"Thanks!" said Cynthia, accepting the shotgun from Kathryn. "I'm better with a pistol, but I guess anyone can use a shotgun."

"Yeah," said Helen, "but it helps if you know what you're doing with one like I do." She patted her own shotgun. "I can give you a few pointers, kid. Tricks of the trade, like pointing the other end of the barrel away from yourself and anyone you care about."

"Uh, right. I feel a lot safer now, Kathryn. Those...people out there are only part of it. Victor really gives me the creeps, you know." She glanced over at Richard. "At least his friend is very nice."

With the windows covered with black paint and blockaded by shelves, Kathryn couldn't see outside from here. There were index cards taped to the window that could be lifted to peek out, but she would need to climb up the shelves to reach them. If there were other windows, they weren't in the main area of the store.
OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b], roll Climb if you want to climb the shelves. The base skill is 40%. You won't risk injury unless you get a critical failure (96 or higher). If that happens, roll Jump to avoid getting hurt. If you succeed at the Climb roll, roll Spot Hidden.
Behind the store-
Marcus strained at the dumpster, but it stubbornly refused to move. There were no wheels on it, and it was also nearly full. Trash collection was supposed to be tomorrow, he recalled. It wasn't likely to happen now.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], you may roll STR x 3 again to try to move the dumpster.
On the roof-
"Yeah, I'll help you with the rifle," said Kyle eagerly. "Pa always told me you've gotta adjust for the wind, 'cause it can throw off your aim. It is kinda picking up," The wind was gusting fairly strongly, sending a chill through everyone's bones at night set in. The area around them seemed deserted, and nobody could detect any more movement nearby. "I'll be happy to stay up here with you and show you how to aim, Lauren. Only don't actually shoot it unless there's something to shoot at, 'cause there's only so many bullets and I don't know when we'll get more. You gotta think of the rifle as part of your arm, and relax your muscles. Hold it gently in both hands and extend the barrel as far as it goes, and look through the sights. When you're ready to shoot, just gently squeeze the trigger. That rifle only works good up close, so don't shoot at anything that's far away, or you'll never hit it." He hefted his M-4. "This one can shoot a lot farther off, and it's pretty nice. I never held a rifle this good before."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor patrolled the roof and smiled. Keeping his eyes on the world outside, but failed to see anything, he said, "Yeah Lauren Kyle is a keeper. He is right and you should listen. A man who only has so many "bullets" so you can hold the rifle but do not shoot. Think of it as part of your arm and stroke it gently as the barrel is extended as far as it goes. And when you want to shoot gently squeeze the trgger and it fires away."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

Emily stands up, having heard enough: "Hey...Vicky!" she says sternly and approaches the man with a stare that could kill. When she is within a few feet of him she leans in slightly and says so that only he can hear: "Why don't ya keep your eyes on the horizon and your mouth shut. You speak to my daughter or Kyle like that again and rip out your tongue and shove it up your fucking ass. Are we clear?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor smiled at Emily and said, "Woman, step back. I am just saying what Kyle is thinking. Do not tell me you think Kyle is dumb. He is like any other guy and wants in your daughter's pants. Me personally I am not intersted in your daughter. i can protect her so back off once again."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat moves over to climb the newly built structure, she can´t find a good spot to start and decides to take a step back again. Maybe it´s as good... "We built it well! At least it will make the process of getting in here harder for hostiles."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

"I'm not for one second saying Kyle is dumb. I'm saying you're an prick. Kyle meant what he said and any inuendo you THINK you detected came from that pile of shit you call your brains. I'll reiterate for you: Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open." She slowly turned form the poor excuse for a man and returned to Lauren and Kyle: "Are either of you cold? I think we've got some blankets and jackets around here."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor stared at her and muttered "bitch" and then turned his attention back to the outside world.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus turned his back to the dumpster, bending at the knees and grabbing at the bottom of it. Using a powerful squat thrust motion that he used to perform routinely in the weight-lifting room, he lifted the dumpster on its corner like a lever and flipped it to its side - with a loud crash and spilling garbage in the process.
ooc,most dumpsters are taller than they are wide... so if this thing is on its side, it should be now a couple or three feet shorter and probably 3 to 4 feet further away from the building - taking care of any fears anyone might have of the Zombies using it to climb to the roof.
beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by beertender »

***Richard makes his way to the roof***

ooc-sorry been busy in RL life...will try and get caught up of all the going ons tonight and tommorrow
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't worry about it, real life comes first. If you know you're going to be absent for a while, you can let me know in the OOC thread if you don't want me to wait. Knocking the dumpster onto its side works well. This post encompasses two minutes of time, which is enough for [b]Richard[/b] to get up to the roof.
In the store-
"Yeah, you're right, Kathryn," said Cynthia with a grin. "Hey, I bet I can climb up there! I'm really flexible." She tried to scamper up the shelving, but couldn't find purchase. "Oomph! Guess not."

"Marcus could probably get up there too," said Helen. After Richard had left the room and was well out of earshot, she went on talking.
Kathryn McCoy and Helen Stafford and Cynthia Louise,"[b]Cynthia[/b], I wouldn't trust [b]Richard[/b] either if I were you," said [b]Helen[/b]. "I know his type. He's no better than his buddy." "No, you're wrong!" said [b]Cynthia[/b]. "[b]Richard[/b]'s a kind man, a good man. He really cares about me." "Sister, take it from someone who knows. I've been there, done that, married the bastard, been divorced, and gotten the T-shirt. [b]Richard[/b] doesn't care for anyone but himself, and once he's gotten what he wants from you, he'll ditch you for some other pretty young thing and move on. Get over him now before you get hurt. That guy's as phony as a three-dollar bill, and I can spot 'em a mile away." [b]Cynthia[/b] shook her head. "Stop saying those things. You don't even know him!" [b]Helen[/b] shrugged. "I've said my say. Don't say I didn't warn you."
On the roof-
"Thanks, Mrs. Montrose," said Kyle. "I already gave Lauren one of the blankets, but I could use one too. It is kind of cold." He laughed. "Vicky's a girl's name!" He glanced over at Victor. "My Ma always said if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say nothin' at all...but I don't like that guy either."

Richard climbed up the ladder and emerged onto the roof through the hole in the storeroom's ceiling.

Behind the store-
Marcus easily toppled the dumpster, pushing it well away from the roof. Nothing would be able to climb up to the roof from it now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr Handy,Since Mrs Montrose was whispering to Victor I figured I was whispering back so how did Kyle hear what was said unless he rolled Listen?
When Richard came up through the hole, Victor walked over to him and grabbed him aside taking him to a corner of the roof where no one was near.
He whispered to him,
Richard Saxon,"[b]Richard[/b], are you going to dump that bitch [b]Cynthia[/b] soon or not? Cause tommorow morning I am going to go get my money I stashed away. You want a share you need to come with me, if not then we part ways tommrow morning. But my cell mate for many years who supported me in the various fights in prison deserves a little something. So get over the bitches quickly cause [b]Cynthia[/b] does not go with us tommorow. And if I get a chance that bitch there [b]Emily[/b] will not be seeing the sun set tommorow either. She dared threaten me when all I was doing was pointing out how much [b]Kyle[/b] is a retard."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,He didn't hear [b]Emily[/b] except for her initial shout, but you didn't say [b]Victor[/b] was whispering in his response. He [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1957935/]failed his Listen roll[/url], so I'll edit out the part where he referred to what [b]Victor[/b] said. If you want to whisper something to [b]Richard[/b], you can use a spoiler button with his name on it. The other players aren't allowed to read it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus saluted to Helen, preferring not to let anything that might be sneaking around in the darkness get a bead on him. He rushed back toward the door, kicking the empty paint can out of the way and shutting the door, locking all the locks available.
ooc,Does this back door open in or out?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The back door opens outward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr Handy,I tried to use the spoiler button to say what I was going to say to Richard but everytime I did so it would refuse to allow me to click on it. Did I do something wrong? I pmed Richard with what I was saying to him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victor Gonzalez,You managed to get the other spoiler buttons to work. Maybe there was some special character or BBCode in there that it was having trouble displaying. I'd like to know what you said to him too. Can you try putting the text in a spoiler button directed at me? I can always edit it into your post and get it to work.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”