IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

MR Handy,I have to wait until the next major post to move Darnell correct?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Darnell Jones,You can move into the northeast hall on the second floor this round since you started on the stairs, but you'll have to wait until after the next major update to enter the science lab.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell turned to Roy and said, "Cover for me buddy ok?" He then grabbed LaTanya by the hand and pulled her out into the hallway heading toward the science lab.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof:
Rachel watched on as others took action, it was against her nature and she felt helpless.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio followed Chuck down to the basement clutching the bat as he did so. Who knew what they´d encounter down in the boiler room?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry tried to call everybody attention:
-Boys and girls! I need a group of volunteer to help against those creatures until the power is restored. It will be only for fighting some minutes, but it may be necessary, if they breack it
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
OOC,kabukiman, where is Jerry?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Rachel,Jerry is in the north stairwell ground floor
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin called down the stairwell, "Jerry I will be down to help out in a minute as soon as the students and teachers get past me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alvin Drummond,Sorry I forgot to include this in Saturday's update. I remembered it last night, but it was too late for me to post and I didn't get a chance until this evening. [b]Alvin[/b] is free to change his action in light of this information, and you can consider him and [b]Murray[/b] to still be on the ground floor if you wish. Those going up will move around them. When [b]Chuck Lubachek[/b] went past [b]Alvin[/b] to go downstairs, [b]Alvin[/b] recognized him as the man who shot the black man behind the bleachers a couple of nights ago.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin told Law that he would stay and defend the downstairs for now but he wanted to go up eventually.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-So, anyone else want to stay here?-asks Jerry
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

***THe coach nods toward jerry and flips his sword in from hand to hand.***

Ill stay with ya.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
To Jerry, etc.:
"Hey you guys, I want in now I've got this beauty," Keith pats the chainsaw's casing.
To Miguel Garcia:
"You coming too? Could be kinda fun!"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Great! I hope it won't be necessary, but it's better to be ready...
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam

Despite his madness, Adam brightens at the sight of Stephanie. His mind quickly flashes back to the horror he witnessed and his face darkens once more.

He mutters incomprehensibly aloud: "Here, but not safe. No one's safe. Not with those things out there. No power. No fence. They're coming."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester

Chester paces back and forth in the lab, eagerly awaiting Dr. Singh's return.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Tangerine »

Dr Singh

Receiving the thumbdrive from Dr Hausmann caused a not-unpleasant shiver to run down his spine - At last! One step closer to the answer! To my breakthrough!

With the largest grin on his face, he thanked Dr Hausmann profusely, his boyish enthusiasm rather uncharacteristic. Then, turning on his heel, he strides quickly towards the lab, pausing to call for Dr Somerville - "Quickly, Dr Somerville! I have the data - at least we can have some hard facts!"
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Emilio Montoya followed his boss downstairs.
OOC,[b]Becky Clarke[/b], [b]Chuck Lubachek[/b], [b]Tiny[/b], and [b]Emilio[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any posts in the new thread that are above the linked post. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Power Failure

Ron Moore easily made it past the crowd and back down to the ground floor. Lucy Armstrong, a tough-looking woman carrying a steel pipe and a toolkit, followed in his wake.

"You can count on me," said Miguel Garcia. "I'll stay down here and fight too. Got any more nightsticks, Mr. Law?"
Jerry Law,There are two more nightsticks locked up in a cabinet in the security office, if you recall. You have the keys.
In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"We're going to stop them from coming, Adam," said Stephanie. "Give me twenty minutes and get the power back on, and I'll have the job done."

"You're welcome, Dr. Singh," said Dr. Hausmann. "Come, Stephanie."

"It'll be all right, Adam." Stephanie went arm in arm with Dr. Liz Somerville back into the hall and to the special projects lab, following Dr. Hausmann. The rest of the crowd went behind them.

Dr. Bernard Smith sat on the steps beside Adam Donnelly and put an arm around his shoulders. "Come on, young man," he said. "You can do this. That lady is counting on you, and she knows you've got what it takes." His words finally got through.
OOC,[b]Adam Donnelly[/b], you're no longer temporarily insane and may act freely. If you wish to go downstairs, you don't need to roll anything at this point. The crowd has passed.
In the north hall, upper floor-
Dr. Hausmann, Dr. Somerville, and Stephanie Bridges led the way into the lab. After them came Sharon Kaplan, Laura Shelley, Michelle Marquez, and Emily Lubachek.

"You got it, buddy," Roy McCrumb told Darnell Jones as the wide receiver went with LaTanya Washington around the corner to the left. Roy stood at the intersection and stood watch, and he easily noticed Kyle Rogers slinking off through the intersection and toward the south. He quickly followed him. "Where do you think you're going, you little punk?" he asked.

In the special projects lab-
The people in the lab looked up as Dr. Singh and the women entered. Liz went with him over to their laptop, which was where they had left it on the counter. "Let's see what we've got," she said.

Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann hurried over to the communications apparatus, where Dr. Helene Saunders stood waiting. "It is so good to have you here at last, Dr. Hausmann," she said. "You too, Ms. Bridges. I understand we have your ideas to thank for our continued existence."

Stephanie smiled. "You're welcome, Doctor, but don't thank me yet," she said. "Our work's not quite done. Let's get set up fast." She opened up her carrying case and placed her laptop on the counter next to the NASA gear. She plugged it into a wall socket, flipped it open, and picked up where she had left off.

"I am very glad to be here at last," said Dr. Hausmann. "I am sorry for the delay. If only we had gotten here sooner, more lives might have been saved."

On the roof-
Erica fired again, hitting and blowing open another ghoul's head. "Yeah!" she cheered, grinning at Rachel. "Another one bites the dust!" Five of the zombies had been destroyed, leaving four standing and one crawling.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell held onto LaTanya's hand as he entered the science lab. Once inside he closed the door and pushed her gently to the wall giving her a long kiss. He came up for air and said, "I missed you baby"

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”