IC-THRU-The Conqueror Worm(Everyone)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Conqueror Worm(Everyone)

Post by Laraqua »

Sue will stay with the others. If they want to head off on their bikes, she's up for that. She will, if possible, take a final shot at the zombies on the way on her next turn (so long as that doesn't overly slow her down).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Firing a shot at the zombies would slow Sue down too much, so she'll just run to the bikes with the others. I'll roll Sanity for Melinda, so that's no problem. Also, Applebee only had a current Sanity of 34, so his Sanity roll of 36 is a failure and he will lose 1d20 Sanity instead. I rolled that for him, as well as an Idea roll. He went temporarily insane.

Walkers from the east: 40 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 8 damage to head
Crawlers from the east: 3 with 9 damage to head
NW barricade: 10/60 HP left
SW barricade: 48/60 HP left)

At the garage-
Melinda did not panic when she saw the zombies closing in from the east, but Lewie shuddered in terror, barely remaining in control of himself. He hopped on his Harley, and shortly afterwards his wife Sue arrived and jumped onto hers. Clarence and Tsuba got on their bikes as well.

"Hop on, babe," said Tsuba to Lisa, patting the seat behind him. She got on the back as she finished clearing her jammed pistol.

Colin Lewis drove off to the west in his truck, with Coltrane riding in the bed. Joe Soarez rode alongside them on his motorcycle. Clarence, Bill, and Lewie drove off after them.

The three zombies with massive head wounds reached the top of the stairs and began slowly crawling west.

(Keith and Sue, you can drive to the east side of the motel this round, but you won't be able to do anything else this round after you arrive. Riding there also takes up Lisa and Melinda's actions for the round, but they can still talk and reload.)

West of the motel-
No sooner had Frank Hodges put down the zombie that was chewing on Phillips than the medic himself began to move. He crawled the few feet to where Ortega lay unmoving, his breathing shallow. Phillips bit down extremely hard on his right arm, shattering the limb and snuffing out his life instantly.

(Hodges, you may shoot at Phillips now if you wish. Note that he had had the foresight to remove his helmet, so his head is not armored.)

On the motel roof-
Ernest continued to sob uselessly.

In the comm room-
"No, we can't take a chance on that, sir," said Curtis. "I can't be sure there would be anything left to defend by the time the fighter arrived even if you did send one out."

"We'll, we've got some on combat air patrol, so we could have one out to your position pretty fast if we needed to," answered Carmichael.

Lt. Doolittle took the magazines from Ramirez and handed them and her M-4 to Mikhalin. "Here you go," she said.

"Thank you, ma'am, sir," said Mikhalin. She loaded the weapon and held it ready.

Lt. Doolittle picked up the MP-5 and its spare magazines from the table. "I could use a better weapon myself. I wouldn't be very accurate on full auto, but I'll be all right if I use single shots."

East of the motel-
Lewie Newton, Colin Lewis, Joe Soarez, Clarence Deeds, and Tsuba pulled up in the parking lot, carefully avoiding the tripwires Coltrane had pointed out.

Applebee freaked out when he saw the giant worm, and in his heart he knew it was all over. Embracing his fate, he dragged himself around the corner to the west and headed right for its gaping maw.

Zorie Spooner managed to control herself, though even she was a little disturbed. Lt. Blanco also did not panic, though she very much wanted to. Both women fled to the north. "Stay up there!" shouted Lt. Blanco to those on the balcony as she reached the base of the ladder. "It's coming!"

The worm oozed forward and pressed its attack, its wounds continuing to close up. They were about halfway healed now. It lashed out with two of its tentacles. One of them struck the willing Applebee, whipping his already wounded leg and granting his death wish. The other went right for Cheng.

(Cheng, roll Dodge, with a -10 penalty due to your armor. You can't do anything else constructive, as you are temporarily insane. You are the only one who can currently see the worm. If anyone east of the motel wants to head to the south part of the parking lot, you will see it, but you will not be able to attack it this round. If you haven't seen the worm before, you'll need to roll Sanity with a Sanity loss of 1d3/1d20.)

On the motel balcony-
"God, what do we do?" asked Amanda.

"This way!" said David, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her north, away from the monster. Dr. Owens hurried after them. The three of them passed Kincaid, who had just reached the ladder and the zipline.

(Kincaid, you are in the middle of the east side of the balcony. You cannot see the worm, but you will if you go to the southeast corner. However, you won't be able to attack it this round. You may instead reach the northeast corner, you may climb the ladder up to the roof or down to the ground, or you may slide down the zipline to the eastern part of the parking lot. If you take the zipline, roll DEX x 5.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank Hodges fired at Philips' reanimated corpse, but missed. He cursed his luck, and aimed again.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-I can't believe this! First the zombies, then this, the world is really at the end!-says Melinda
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Cheng is paralized.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

(Umm I thought that Lewis was driving toward the hotel not to the west alone?)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by John Gaunt »

(The motel is west of the diner, members of the RR are embarking in that direction also.)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

As soon as everyone pilesi nto his truck, Keith drives follows Lewis to the west.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, the motel is to the west of the garage. Colin Lewis has arrived there now, I just forgot to mention that in the "East of the motel" section when I updated it. I edited it in now. Colin Lewis may still act.

There is no "everyone" to pile into Keith's truck. Only Melinda is riding with him, and she was already waiting inside. The others have their own vehicles. Keith will arrive at the east side of the motel at the next update.

By the way, if you have more than one character in this thread, you can post for multiple characters in the same post if you like. Of course, that's irrelevant for most of you at this point...)

East of the motel-
The worm's tentacle seized Cheng brutally by the leg and dragged him around the corner to the south side of the motel, killing him instantly. The others on the east side of the motel only saw the briefest flash of the tentacle before it and the man were gone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mrcartoon
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Post by mrcartoon »

On the Motel Balcony:
Kincaid lets loose a vile string of obscenities looking to the ladder, zip line and back again, before slowly reaching towards the ladder. With a heavy sigh he beings his climb up the ladder to the roof.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Near the diner-
Keith punches the gas pedel and drives towards the motel.
(OOC: If he see's the worm, he does not approach closely to the motel.)

At the motel-
(Can Frank shoot again?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Keith won't see the worm, as it's around the corner and the motel blocks his view. Frank cannot shoot again yet. Once I post a major update for Through he'll be able to do so. I'm still waiting for actions for Colin Lewis, Javier Ramirez, Lisa Crow, and Sue Newton. I'd like to update tomorrow night, but if I can't I'll be too busy on Thursday and it will have to wait until Friday.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: No problem. I just wasn't sure and didn't want to be the one holding things up.)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Lisa hopped onto the back of Tsuba's bike and they road to the motel parking lot, correct? What actions does she have available? Are there any discarded weapons in sight? Otherwise she'll hold her position and shoot at anything hostile that's within pistol range.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(She can talk, and she can also reload her pistol with a full magazine if you like.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

No thanks. Nothing to say, nothing to do.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Sue will drive after Keith to the east side of the motel this round to keep with the others.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Guys, Personally whatever this creatures is I do not think we can beat it. As they taught us in Iraq sometimes you need to cut your losses. i am for leaving now and maybe meeting up with the gang later on. What do you all think?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the east: 40 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 8 damage to head
Crawlers from the east: 3 with 9 damage to head
NW barricade: 10/60 HP left
SW barricade: 48/60 HP left)

On the motel roof-
Suddenly, the dead bodies surrounding Ernest Granger on the west side of the roof began to stir. He gaped in horror, His already broken mind bent a little further. His five former companions rose up as one and swarmed him. Luke promptly bit him on the right arm, almost hard enough to break bone. He moved too fast for the cowhand to get out of the way, and the agony was too much to bear. Ernest collapsed to the roof while the other zombies climbed upon him. Black failed to get ahold of him, but Sheen seized him tightly and chewed his leg lightly. Malanowski also grabbed him. Cole almost had him, but his fellows got in his way.

Kincaid reached the top of the ladder and climbed up onto the east side of the roof. He couldn't see what was going on on the other side beyond the peak and the huge satellite dish, but he heard the man's final scream.

(Kincaid, if you want to move to the west side of the roof you will then be able to see the zombies and must roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, but any loss of more than 4 will count as 4 since you've already lost 6 for seeing zombies. You will not also be able to attack the zombies this round. You could instead go down the zipline to the parking lot from here if you roll DEX x 5, or you can climb down the ladder to either the balcony or the ground provided nobody else climbs up this round.)

West of the motel-
Phillips chomped on Ortega some more, oblivious to the bullet that had nearly split his skull.

(Hodges, you may fire one more shot. You can also see the zombies on the roof.)

East of the motel-
All of the Rough Riders except Amanda gathered in the parking lot east of the motel. The sound of breaking rock came from just around the southeast corner.

"Zorie, get up on the balcony!" shouted Lt. Blanco. "I'll follow later." She spoke into her radio. "It looks like Cheng and Applebee are down. The creature is on the south side of the motel." Zorie Spooner complied and began to scale the ladder.

"I know you're afraid, Colin," said Clarence. "If it were just us here, we could get Amanda out and roll out of here, but we've got our troops to think about. We have to rescue them, and I don't know if they can be convinced to abandon their position. They have orders to hold it no matter what, and if we leave them now they'll never be able to do it. I think we can kill this thing if we're smart, fast, and we keep our distance. If any of you want to get out of here, go on and hit the road. I won't hold it against you. We'll all try to meet up again at Warren AFB. That dirt road goes north, away from the monster. It should link up with Route 30, which you can take west. If you want to stick around, follow me. Keith, if you're staying you might want to let Melinda out so she can ride with someone who's leaving or get up to the balcony. Tsuba, the same goes for Lisa. Everyone who's sticking around to see this through, follow me. Stay far from that corner. If that monster is lurking around it, it will be close enough to get you." Without waiting to see if anyone followed him, Clarence drove off to the southeastern part of the parking lot.

(If you're following Clarence, let me know. Don't roll Sanity yet.)

On the motel balcony-
Zorie Spooner swung over the railing and stepped onto the balcony from the ladder. As she did so, Amanda, David, and Dr. Owens rounded the northeast corner and headed west. They passed the ammo crate and soon reached the northwest corner. David frowned when he saw the heavily damaged barricade. "That ain't gonna hold for long," he said.

In the comm room-
"Sir, it seems we've just lost two more men," said Lt. Curtis to Warren AFB. "This isn't looking good. Those civilians are our only hope."

"If trained SFs can't kill whatever threat you're facing, why do you think the civilians can?" asked Carmichael.

"The men who died were badly wounded in the helicopter crash when they arrived, sir, and they were taken by surprise. These civilians are almost all former military, they're organized, they're well-armed, and they've got vehicles. I don't know if they can save our hides, but they're the only chance we've got."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Lisa will go wherever Tsuba goes.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”