IC-THRU-The Conqueror Worm(Everyone)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Conqueror Worm(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin leaned out the window and cried out to Melinda and Keith, "We need to stick together if we are going to survive. If you want to go back to the hotel then lets go. I vote for Warren AFB however. But what the fuck. Whereever you all want is fine by me."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Y-you want to return there? With all those zombies and the worm?- she asks incredully.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Not really, i always wanted to go to Warren but we got sidetracked. My greatest fear there is to see my beloved friend Joe as a Zombie and me being the one to blow his fucking head off. But whatever you all want to do. The chief fucking point is to stick together."

(I gave Colin some character which is why all the cusing. If you think it too much Mr. Handy please let me know.)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

At the motel-
Knowing he had a little more time to do what he could to help those in the motel, Frank took aim at what used to be Sue and pulled the trigger. The round took her in the side of the head as she climbed the stairs; ending her existence.

In his truck-
"I need to check on my family. I can't just leave them back there. Besides, there are people there who can helps us and who are in contact with Warren. We need to at least see what is going on back there before we abandon the position."
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. Doolittle Turns to see the zombie horde coming. The site of all of them so close causes her to blank out and completely forget she even has weapons. She then tosses herself over the railing of the balconey and crashes down to the parking lot below.
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the east: 42/85 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 8 damage to head, 1 with 3 damage to head
Runners from the east: 3/10 dead, 1 with no right leg [18 damage], 1 with no right arm [15 damage], 1 with 10 damage to left arm
Crawlers from the east: 3 with 9 damage to head
Luke: 3 damage
Black: 3 damage
Sheen: 5 damage
Malanowski: 9 damage
Cole: 7 damage
Granger: 3 damage
Lewie Newton: 9 damage to head

Temporary insanity rounds remaining, not counting this one:
Airman Alexandria Mikhalin: 9
Lt. Angela Blanco: 3
Dr. Dale Owens: 12)

East of the motel-
The three zombies at the northeast stairs reached the top, while the rest of the mob advanced to about 25 yards from the motel.

On the motel roof-
"Doc?" said David, waving a hand in front of Dale Owens's face, but all he got was a blank stare. Then he noticed the arm wound. "Oh, crap, you got bitten! Guess I won't be able to bring you with then, but I'll make you as comfy as I can while I wait for those things to reach the motel. Then I can slide past 'em and make for the truck." He tried to bandage the doctor's wound awkwardly.

In the comm room-
"Sir, they do know who I am," said Mikhalin, speaking quickly because she didn't know how long she had. "My parents were Soviet spies. They were sent to this country as sleeper agents, but when the U.S.S.R. broke up they thought they were off the hook and could just live normal lives. Only the whole collapse of Communism was a ruse, and now their handlers think my parents raised me as a sleeper and want to activate me. But I won't do it! I love this country, sir, and I don't care that they can overhear us, I won't do their bidding!"

Carmichael scoffed at the very idea. Somebody saw 'Little Nikita' a few too many times, he thought. Any intel she gives me will be unreliable. "Airman, you've had a rough day," he replied. "We all have. You've done more than enough for us, and there's no reason for you to throw your life away for an extra minute or so of intel. Get the hell out of there now. That's an order!"

"Yes, sir!" She turned to the door, stopping in her tracks when she saw Luke rush into the doorway. She raised her rifle nervously, but refused to give in to panic. "Bozhemoi!"

On the motel balcony-
The four runners at the northwest corner, the three who joined them from below, and Tsuba all swarmed over the unconscious and bleeding Ramirez. They easily finished him off and settled into their meal. Luke ran west along the south side of the balcony and over to the comm room door. Sue Newton fell to Hodges's excellent marksmanship, but her husband crawled along the west side of the balcony toward the northwest corner behind the four armored zombies.

Zorie Spooner and Lt. Curtis, pulling Lt. Blanco with them, reached the northwest corner ahead of the zombies. Glancing east, they saw Ramirez being consumed and knew that that direction was out. The barricade on the northwest stairs was nearly destroyed, but climbing over it might have proven tricky, and they might have been caught by the zombies if they didn't scale it quickly enough. Seeing Lt. Doolittle go over the rail, Lt. Curtis made a speedy decision. Scooping up Lt. Blanco in his arms, he too vaulted the railing. "Jump!" he shouted to Zorie, who was already following suit. The zombies ran to the stairs. Black destroyed half of what was left of the barricade, and Sheen demolished the other half.

West of the motel-
Zorie landed unharmed, rolling as she hit the pavement to avoid injury. Lt. Curtis lost his balance when he hit the ground, landing very badly and severely injuring himself. As he passed out from the pain, Lt. Blanco spilled from his arms and was merely bruised, as Lt. Curtis had broken her fall. Zorie looked around the parking lot. "We need wheels, fast!" she called.

About ten yards south of their position, Lt. Doolittle was moderately injured when she rolled onto the pavement, but it wasn't enough to stop her.

(Lt. Doolittle, if you want to go over to the northwest corner to help Zorie with the officers, it will take the entire round. However, the armored zombies on the balcony are already moving down the stairs right near them and will get to attack you if you try. If you do that, you should roll Dodge just in case. Hodges, the same applies to you. Either of you may shoot at either one of the armored zombies, or Luke. Lt. Doolittle could fire a burst at one or more of the armored zombies, but she's unlikely to hit without skill in SMG, and you can't aim at the head with a burst, only with single shots. When firing single shots with the MP-5, you may use Handgun skill instead, and it may fire twice per round. If you aim at a zombie's head, there is a -5 penalty to your roll, and if you fire multiple shots you may only shoot at one target this round.

You may try to find a vehicle to hotwire instead. Frank Hodges can't get to any of the vehicles this round, but he could move to the area of the parking lot due west of the northwest stairs and be in a position to reach a vehicle the round after - instead of shooting. There are a few near Lt. Doolittle. Their windows have been shattered by various explosions and tremors, but they look like they're still in working order. To hotwire one, roll Electrical Repair.)

South of the motel-
"We're coming back, sir," said Coltrane on the radio. "We're just sorting out which of the civilians are coming with and which are heading for the base." There was no reply from Lt. Curtis. "Sir?"

(Keith, Colin, and Melinda, roll Spot Hidden.)

Further north, Amanda kept driving away from the motel on her Harley. She glanced back to Lisa. "Just hang in there," she said. "We're going to be all right. We're going to live. I know that people we love very much have died, but we're alive because of the sacrifices they made. They will not have died in vain."

Lisa came to her senses. "Mama..." she said, weakly, clutching Amanda. "I love you."

"I love you too, honey."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"I will go back if you want me to. I am only going to Warren if everyone else is. So what the fuck is everyone doing?"
He was too busy yelling to see anything.
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. Doolittle looked around, saw the danger the officers were in and then considered the danger she herself was in. She wanted to help. She really did, they needed her, even if she wasn't supposed to be there, she should help. She should. But what good would it do. It would be far more helpful to get a vehicle for escape. With a car or something they can all escape together. Yea, that's what she needed to do. And this justification kept her from thinking of herself as a coward. And still that voice reminded her, "your not even supposed to be here."

Doolittle ran for the nearest accessible vehicle intending to hot wire it. Once inside she quickly ripped out the wires and went to work. With a quickness all the more hastened by fear she got the car started fast enough to even impress the most talented of car jackers.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

With all the talk, Melinda doesn't see a thing.
-I still think it's stupid, we don't know if they are alive and I think it would be pointless to go there, but ok, I'm going because you save me and you were all very nice to me. But as soon as we see the worm, I stop the truck, and you will have to go on foot- no need to atract the atentions of that beast.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the truck-
"That's fair, darling. I just need to make sure before I leave the motel for good. Besides, we may still be able to help the others with hit and run tactics" Keith said to Melinda. Eager to get back to the motel, Keith was unaware of his surroundings.

At the motel-
Thinking it best to move positions, Frank stood up and moved to the parking lot area of the motel.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the east: 42/85 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 8 damage to head, 1 with 3 damage to head
Runners from the east: 3/10 dead, 1 with no right leg [18 damage], 1 with no right arm [15 damage], 1 with 10 damage to left arm

Airman Alexandria Mikhalin: 8
Lt. Angela Blanco: 2
Dr. Dale Owens: 11)

East of the motel-
The leading edge of the horde reached the eastern edge of the parking lot. Three of them were at the forefront, two heading for the northeast corner and the other for the southeast corner. None of them tripped any of the wires.

On the motel roof-
David frowned, reloading his shotgun and waiting for the zombies to move up to the motel so he could get past them. "Come on, come on..." he muttered.

In the comm room-
Alexandria Mikhalin, even in her delusional state, knew that this was a fight she couldn't win. She had to get out of here or she'd be trapped. As Luke charged her, she tried to dart around him, easily evading his uncoordinated attack. She darted through the open doorway, Vladimir Putin's mocking laughter echoing in her mind behind her.

On the motel balcony-
At the northeast corner, the zombies continued consuming Ramirez. Mikhalin darted out of the comm room and down the southwest stairs, just a few feet ahead of Ernest Granger as he came around the corner. Luke had also turned around and was pursuing her. "Help!" she cried.

West of the motel-
Frank Hodges ran south out of the grass, into the middle of the northern part of the parking lot. About fifteen yards to his east, at the bottom of the northwest stairs. Zorie Spooner looked desperately at the fallen officers at her feet and the four armored zombies coming down the stairs behind her. There was no time to revive Lt. Curtis, and she knew she could not save both of them. She might not even be able to save one, but she had to try. In the end there was no real choice. Not only was Lt. Angela Blanco her friend and mentor, she was also lighter and in better condition. She tried to drag her toward the blue Honda Accord that Lt. Doolittle had just hotwired, but she was not quite strong enough. And then disaster happened.

Sam Black was the first one down the stairs, and he went after Zorie. He wrapped his arms around her, but she nimbly slipped out of his grasp. Bobby Sheen was right behind him, and he pursued her too, but luckily he came up short. Malanowski attacked her too, though he could not get past his comrades. Finally, Cole rushed Lt. Blanco, seizing her tightly and pulling her away from Zorie Spooner. "No!" Zorie cried.

Then zombies started to filter into the northwestern corner of the lot from the field of grass, some 30 yards west of the motel. Six emerged, and there were doubtless more on their way behind them.

(Hodges, you may either move or shoot at the zombie of your choice, or take some other action. Remember that the zombies at the bottom of the northwest stairs all have body armor and helmets. If you stay where you are and shoot, no zombies can reach you in the coming round. You may move to the base of the northwest stairs if you wish, but then you will be exposed to the zombies there. You may also make it to the car that Lt. Doolittle has hotwired and get inside. You cannot make it to the southwest stairs in one round, but you could get most of the way there if you wanted.

Lt. Doolittle, you may now start driving. You don't need to roll Drive Auto unless you go off-road for some reason or you need to evade an attack or try a risky maneuver. The base skill level for Drive Auto is only 20%, so that's a risk you probably don't want to take. You may drive to where Frank Hodges is located without any chance of zombies intercepting you. You may also swing by the southwest corner and try to pick up Mikhalin, but there is a fast zombie chasing her - the slower one on the balcony can't get close enough to attack this round. You may also drive to the northwest corner, where there are four armored zombies, one of which is busy with Lt. Blanco but the other three of which are free to attack. Instead of driving, you may shoot this round and remain where you are, in which case Hodges, Zorie, and Mikhalin will all be able to reach the car and get in next round provided they survive, and no zombies will get close enough to attack you or the car. If you fire a burst at the armored zombies, you do run a big risk of hitting the three humans near them and you cannot target their heads. You may fire at a single zombie's head twice with either the MP-5 or your pistol by using your Handgun skill with a -5 penalty to each roll. It takes a total of at least 10 damage to the head to kill a zombie. The zombies at the northwest stairs have Kevlar helmets which will reduce the damage from each shot by 5 to a minimum of 0. If you get 1/5 of your effective skill or less on your attack roll, that is an impale and you roll double the number of damage dice - 2d10 instead of 1d10 - but the helmet will still reduce the total damage by 5 if the zombie you're shooting is armored. If you get a 5 or less on your attack roll, that is a critical success. It does 2d10 damage to an unarmored zombie, but to an armored zombie it will do the normal 1d10 while ignoring its armor.)

South of the motel-
Amanda sped south and was now about half a mile from the motel. She noticed nothing unusual. Lisa, clinging to her back, did spot something. "Look, Mrs. D!" she called, pointing to the south. "There are the trucks, coming this way! Keith and Melinda are in that one.

Amanda brightened. "Keith!" she shouted, honking the horn.

Further south, Colin and Keith had started driving north, back towards the motel. When they were about three quarters of a mile from the motel, everyone in the trucks heard the honk of a motorcycle horn in the distance to the north.

"This is Coltrane again," said Coltrane into the radio. He didn't notice anything either. "Is there anyone alive back at the motel at all? Please reply if you can!"

(Hodges and Doolittle, you can both hear and reply to what Coltrane says.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

At the motel-
"Roger that! We have survivors, but I am not sure for how long. Things look bad." Frank said as he motioned in vail for Lt. Doolittle to come pick him up. Remembering his radio he said into it: "Lt. Doolittle, swing over here and pick me up. I will try and take out the infected attacking our friendlys." With that, Frank raised his rifle and took aim at Cole's head. Frank curses as the shot barely misses.

In the truck-
"You hear that?! A motorcycle horn! Hear north, Melinda. Perhaps someone made it out alive after all."
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. doolittle Doesn't even take the time to reply but instead starts driving immediately to Frank
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Right, but we will stay here to be sure, it must be full of zombies now.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

In the truck-
"We need to head north and see who is honking. Then we can regroup and use hit and run tactics on those bastards and wipe them out!" Keith said, excited by the sound of the motorcycle horn.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the east: 43/85 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 8 damage to head, 1 with 7 damage to head, others with various damage from grenades

Airman Alexandria Mikhalin: 11+
Lt. Angela Blanco: 1
Dr. Dale Owens: 10)

East of the motel-
The three zombies that had entered the parking lot closed in on the motel and were now just ten yards away. Five more were several yards behind them. Two of them tripped the remaining tripwires, and both grenades detonated. The three that were past that point were badly wounded, but kept coming. So were four of the ones that had reached the edge of the lot, though the one that tripped the southeast tripwire lost an arm. That one and another headed for the southeast corner, while the other two headed for the northwest corner along with a zombie that walked over the spot where the first grenade had gone off a while ago. That one got some shrapnel in the head from the central grenade, which brought it down since it already had a head wound.

Six more zombies were about eight yards from the eastern edge of the lot when the grenades exploded. All but one headed for the northwest corner. One took a serious wound to the skull, while three more took wounds to their bodies and kept coming. Two of them were far north of the grenades and suffered only minor injuries. The rest of the pack was far enough back that it wasn't damaged much.

On the motel roof-
"They're sure taking their sweet time," said David, swapping out his new pistol's magazine for a full one.

West of the motel-
Luke darted downstairs after Mikhalin, easily catching up to her at the bottom and brutally taking her down. "Nyet!" she screamed, unable to get away or shove her rifle into his jaws. He bit her left calf, lightly wounding her as he began to crush her in his arms. Her impending demise weighed heavily on her, and she broke. She knew it was all over, and that Russia would destroy America and take over what was left of the world.

Lt. Doolittle pulled out with a screech of rubber and headed northwest, stopping beside Frank Hodges in the middle of the northern part of the lot. Zorie Spooner rushed over to the car and dived into the back seat. "I'm sorry, Angela!" she cried. The three zombies continued to chase her, but she was easily able to outpace them. They were now only seven yards away. The six zombies that had come out of the grass closed in on the car from the other side, and another three emerged from the grass behind them. Unfortunately, the bullet that Hodges had fired hit Lt. Blanco, wounding her left thigh. Mercifully, she blacked out. Cole squeezed Lt. Blanco, cracking her ribs, but at least he did not manage to bite her too. Lewie Newton finished crawling down the northwest stairs and reached the bottom, and Ernest Granger stumbled down the southwest stairs.

(Lt. Doolittle, if you do not drive away now, nine zombies in all will reach the car from both sides. You can avoid them without having to roll anything by either driving north and then east around the north side of the motel, or by heading south and then turning left to head around the south side of the motel. I-80 is due south, but there is a section of unpaved ground between you and it. If you want to head directly to the highway, you'll need to roll Drive Auto.

Frank Hodges, you may get into the car before she drives off. Choose which seat you want to be in. You may also fire at a zombie this round after getting in the car if you wish.)

South of the motel-
"It's my fault he's dead," moaned Lisa. "I ran and left him behind again after I promised I wouldn't."

"Don't blame yourself, Lisa," said Amanda. "If you had stayed you'd both be dead now, and he wouldn't want that. He'd have wanted you to get away." She met up with the trucks as they were on their way north, about 5/8 of a mile south of the truck stop. "Keith!" she called. "I'm so relieved you survived, son. I'm glad to see you made it out too, Melinda and Colin. We have to get away from this place fast!"

"Some of my people are still alive back there," said Coltrane. "We can't just abandon them." He spoke into the radio. "Hodges, it's good to hear your voice. I should have known you couldn't be killed. And Lt. Doolittle's still alive too, I hear. Ma'am, what happened back there? Who else is still alive?"

"David and Dr. Owens were going up to the roof," said Amanda. "They're going to try to slide down the zipline and get to his truck once all the dead have moved past the bottom of it and reached the motel. I...I'm sorry, Keith. Your father and brother...it's too late for them."

(Keith, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

At the Motel -
Frank grimaced as he watched his erant round strike Lt. Blanco in the thigh. With little time to waste, Frank hurried around the car and jumped into the front passenger seat of the car. Once in the car, he drew his pistol and fired a round at the nearest zombie. The pistol bucked in his grip as the round exploded out of the pistol and into the face nearest zombie. The massive damage dropped the zombie to the ground in a heap. "Let's get us some distance from these fuckers" Frank shouted.
"God damn, it's good to hear you too, man!" Frank said into the radio. "I'm still ticking.... for now. We've got a car and we are heading out to give us some breathing room. There are others here, and we need to see about getting them to safety. Let's regroup and see if we can't do some hit and run on them and maybe divert the infected while another group rushes in and grabs the other survivors."

At the trucks -
"What?! Mom......no. Dad and Tsuba can't be gone. They can't be........" grief overcame Keith and tears streamed down his cheeks. While it pained him greatly to hear of his dad and brothers death, Keiths mind was able to cope with the loss. He got out of the truck, hurried to his mother and embraced her. After a moment, he wiped the tears off his face with his sleve and turned to the others: "What's the plan now? Did anyone else survive at the motel?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Just decide quickly, ok? If we stay too much long those creatures will be here, and we will be all dead- says Melinda very nervous...

fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by fulcilives2003 »

With out wasting another second Lt. doolittle speeds away from the zombies, heading north and east around the hotel.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(Is my character driving to the hotel or away from it? I got a bit lost there)

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”