IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

Post by ryansommer »

Emily scanned the road ahead of her for possible threats and remembered to keep an eye out for the spike strip that had been placed in the road. She slid the back window open, and said to Kyle: 'Keey and eye out back there, will ya?"

(OOC: I don't remember is we put the spike strip in the road or not, but I want to make sure to watch for it.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The spike strip was never deployed. There was no need to do so with Gardner out of the picture, and it was left in the RV.)

On the road-
Kyle nodded and looked all around, holding the M-4 ready as the truck rolled down the road. Kathryn didn't actually need to dismantle the pistol; after just a few seconds she managed to realign the firing mechanism and it was as good as new. Lauren sat in the middle seat holding the .22 rifle, which Kathryn could see was in good working order. It didn't have very good range compared to other rifles, and its bullets wouldn't cause a lot of damage, but it was still better than most pistols. It was a bolt action rifle, so it was not prone to jamming, and it was fairly reliable. Emily kept her eyes on the road ahead as she drove. All four of them had suffered terrible loss and hardship, but they had survived. The sun was sinking ever lower in the sky, but they weren't riding off into the sunset to live happily ever after. Instead they were racing against the sun, hoping against hope to be somewhere safe before it went down. But was anywhere really safe any more?

(Congratulations on surviving Chapter 3! During the break between chapters, I'll leave this thread unlocked so that the four of you can continue to post. Feel free to roleplay, talk to each other, and exchange equipment at any point. Now that you have two working 9mm pistols, Kathryn and Emily should decide how many magazines each of them gets. Right now Emily has all but the one Kathryn just took to reload her pistol. You may also wish to consolidate partial magazines, and reload your other weapons as well. Check the locations and weapons thread to see what each of you has and what's in the back of the truck. There's a long journey ahead of you, so there's plenty of time to do all of those things. There's no need to roll any more dice, however, as nothing will happen until the start of Chapter 4.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat starts to sort through the magazines for the 9mms and fills up the used mags to full 15 loads. While on route to the truck stop she looks for the farm where the police cruiser is 'parked' . Gardner had a 9mm too. she thinks and voices, "Is the other farm on the way? There was a load of ammunition in the cruiser. If this infection thing has spread, we might need a ton of ammo."

Being occupied with the guns keeps Kat away from the small talk. Something she feels awkward about as she was the cause of these people´s loss, in more ways than one. Feeling the shoulder ache she asks Emily to check Kat´s shoulder when Lauren takes over the wheel after a few hours drive.

(Do we roll skill checks at the start of chapter 4?)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You'll roll skill XP checks once all of the Chapter 3 threads are wrapped up. I'm just waiting for one more player to post in another thread before I can do that. Then I'll post instructions for making them. If you're asking when you'll start making skill rolls again, then yes, that will be when Chapter 4 begins. I'll prompt you when you need to make rolls. The other farm is a mile and a quarter in the wrong direction, to the east. The ammo wasn't in the cruiser, it was on Gardner's person, in his backpack and on his belt. You don't know whether or not it is intact after the grenade blew him away. The garage door is also locked, so you'd need to find another way inside. If you want to go back and check, let me know, but it will take extra time and you've already spent quite a lot.

Emily, at any point during the journey you may have Lauren temporarily take over driving so you can look at Kathryn's arm and shoulder with no extra time lost. Make a Medicine roll if you wish to do so, and if you succeed roll 1d3 to see how many HP Kathryn regains. This is the only roll you'll need to make during the journey, and it takes effect before any potential skill increases - those kick in when Chapter 4 starts, though you'll probably get to roll for them beginning this weekend or early next week. You may also treat Kathryn for her psychological wounds, but you've already succeeded at the necessary Psychoanalysis roll and there is no need to roll again. Feel free to roleplay a therapy session with her, but there won't be any privacy on the road - Lauren and Kyle can hear it too. Kathryn's long-term temporary insanity is suppressed for a total of 24 hours, which may or may not be longer than its entire duration.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Thanks for the extensive feed back. It was the skill improvement rolls I referred to. Great to have made the chapter! Sadly to a high cost in lives...)

Kat sits at the passenger site and suddenly says, "Good thing the lad is riding in the back..." she looks at the two women next to her, "...Just as girls here. Safe...from...men, you know. I mean you know what they...do?" When she puts the shotgun down on the floor next to the seat she lets out a sigh of pain.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

" I do know what they do, Kat." Emily said detecting something in Kat's voice. "They rush into danger and risk their lives to save the life of a complete stranger; like my husband did for you. They stand their ground so that others may flee to safety and end up being eaten alive live Alvarez did. Not all men are monsters, Kat. Tell me what happened to you, perhaps I can help you."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Is this where Kat´s earlier threads can be read by the parties concerned?)

Kat almost start to defend herself by talking back to Emily, but understands she´s trying to help her. "This day started just fine..." She holds up the digital camera. "Then we got visitors to the airfield and the National Guard took command of the tower. Gardner tied me up and promised to do me. A visiting helicopter interrupted his intentions and I got free from my ties and managed to warn the pilot, Erica, they got away at last. Many men and women died by the hands of Gardner... He took me to the farm..and eventually had his time with me...many times...Like my uncle had at the farm...during the summer holidays....again and again...and...then your husband rescued me...and I killed him..and Harry and Alvarez. I should have died at the tower as Dawkins...You´ll die too - for helping me - don´t help me I´m damaged. They..they can see that... They want to use me...like Gardner did...." Kat pauses and stares out the side window.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, ryansommer, Iam477, and yellowsigh, you may read Kathryn's threads now that she is telling her story. You can follow it starting with the thread called The Tower. When she leaves each thread there will be a link to the next one in the sequence. After that thread she moves to Up Top, Chance Encounter, Tower of Tower, Abducted, Deliverance, and finally this thread. Kathryn will no longer be affected by her temporary insanity until further notice now that Emily is helping her, but you can roleplay her gradual recovery through this conversation. By the time Chapter 4 starts, she will be fully herself.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In a brake in the story recap Kat shuffles the 9mm mags and divide the full ones between Emily and herself. When the session continues she says, "I know Jack was a good man...Harry and Alvarez too. Now I...feel better...need to rest though." She tries to rest as the truck heads onwards to the next stop.

Fade out-
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Juno section of Chapter 4, on the following link:
On the Road
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”