IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Re: IC-OVER-Reunion(Harry Flynn/Kathryn McCoy/Jack Montrose)

Post by John Gaunt »

"You're welcome, Kat," Jack says earnestly. "The world may be going to hell but that doesn't recuse us from doing what's right. Now let's get to this farmhouse and rescue my family and Alvarez. Speaking of which, Harry, can you give me an idea of the layout of this farmhouse? How many floors or rooms did it have?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Flynn sped onward, and soon the RV reached the intersection with the other road going north and south. He zoomed through it, knowing that the farm was only about a quarter of a mile ahead.

Jack heard Lauren's frightened voice on the radio: "Dad can you hear me? We are in trouble here dad. Please help us. Please!!"

(Flynn has never been inside the house, but he knows that it has a ground floor, a floor above it, and possibly an attic above that.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Lauren, we're on our way! What floor of the house are you on? What room are you in? Describe to me what's happening! Help us help you!"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn explain what he know of the house and continues driving.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Flynn drove on down the road, and soon the driveway leading to the farmhouse was coming up on the left. The front door and the garage door were still closed, and the windows were all still shuttered. The barn was visible a short distance behind the house. If anything was amiss, they couldn't see it from the road.

Jack heard Emily's voice on the radio: "Jack? Jack, are you there?"

(Everyone, roll Spot Hidden. Jack, you have a -5 penalty because of the helmet you're wearing.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Jack thought he saw something but the ill fitting helmet slid over his brow obscuring his vision.

"Em?! Yeah, it's me! What's going on?! What room in the house are you?!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"Jack!?" replied Emily. "Oh, thank god you are okay. I was so worried. We're in the attic of the house. We pulled the ladder up so we should be safe enough for a little while. There are at least two of them in the house. Lloyd's wife was bitten and she turned and attacked Lloyd. He will have turned too. Lloyd killed Alvarez when Alvarez shot at Lloyd's wife when she broke in. He is probably one of them too, now. Jack, please be careful."

Flynn had now reached the driveway leading to the farmhouse and the barn behind it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Waitaminute! Let me get this straight, there's Lloyd, who's infected, and his wife, who's already turned, and then there's Alvarez, so that makes three. Right? What about the son, Kyle? Where is he? We're heading up the driveway as we speak. You're in a good spot. We will get you out of there. Are there any windows in the attic or is there a way for you to bust through the roof?"

Addressing his companions, Jack says "Did you two catch that? The girls are trapped in the attic. There's at least two, maybe even three or four infected in there. Harry, I'm sorry, Alvarez is dead," he says solemnly and squeezes his shoulder.

Switching gears, Jack turns his thoughts back to the situation before them. "Now, how should we game plan this? We could make some noise and try and draw them out, pick em off one by one or we could pull up alongside the house and me and you, Harry, could get on top of of this rig and either climb up to the second floor or if Em and Laur can get out of the attic somehow, they could drop on to the roof of the RV. That's all I've got right now. Do either of you have any ideas?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: before coming with some ideas, I will make some roleplay...

Flyn saw something on the road, when he heard about Alvarez.
-Alvarez... dead? Are you sure? It can't be! Not after all we past! To survive Gardener and the zombies just to be killed by a stupid farmer??? WHAT'S THE POINT OF EVERYTHING? WHY CAN WE JUST SURREND TO THE ZOMBIES? We are in mortal danger and we keep killing each other! Sooner or latter we will all be infected!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Too disturbedby the information received, Kat fails to notice anything but the NG losing his coolness in the RV. "Harry! Calm down! We´ve got to be smart about this. Getting freaked out won´t make us more able to save the girls. Think of them not Alvarez... This is your job! You´re trained for this. What´s the most strategic thing to do for luring out hostiles?"
Changing her attention towards Jack she reasons, "I don´t know how fast the ´turning´takes, but if Alvarez didn´t kill'em off before he got infected he´ll surely be dangerous - immobile but armed... Hopefully he´ll not have the wits to use his weapon." "To head for a place where they can jump out of the farm house where there´s no exit on the ground level would be preferable. Then you could cap the zombies when they approach around a corner. That is if they have an exit way from the roof." "Do we only have two guns? I´d really like something better to arm myself with if we´re going into battle. And I´m not against the option to enter the place and shoot the bastards up. We´d have three shots at the first target if we´re all armed properly." "Now, I´m only coming with a suggestion: Drop a shooter off on the road, drive up to the front door, honk the horn and wait for the infected to see ehat´s what, lure them out and ram them with the RV! Shoot any stargglers if they survive. The shooter could lay suppressive fire from a second location as we who are in the vehicle shoot through the wind shield or side window. Doable?"

Kat waits for feedback...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn close his eyes for a second, and then looking to the road says:
-Your right. I-I'm sorry. But when everything started we were strangers and now we were friends. He sacrifice his seat and his hope to see his girlfriend and now all seems in vain... But your right, we must save Jack wife and daughter. But I don't know if it is a good idea of one of use going to the road, since we can't use the guns, it's too risky, we could hit the fuel and destroy everything. I would prefer to call the zombies with a shot in the air, that should be enouth and then ram them with the VR.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"We'll sort it all out after we rescue the girls, Harry, now stay on task. As Sun Tzu once said: 'If one must fight, let it be on a battlefield of one's own choosing.' I'm opposed to going inside just now because we don't know the layout, so let's choose our field of battle. Going up to the front door and luring them out is a sound plan. If I've noticed a tendency in these things, it's that they cluster. Remember when you found us, Harry? A bunch of em just circled around us while we were on top of this RV. They also don't seem to be much for climbing, so I'd guess that our opponents are gathered below the attic entrance. Harry, did you say there was a gas pump? Maybe we could use that somehow...lure them into a puddle of fuel and torch em... Scratch that, too many variables." says Jack, his mind obviously racing.

"Now, remember Kat, you're gonna be driving this boat. It's kinda unwieldy so running those things down is gonna be our last option. As of right now, we only have the two pistols, so while we're short on firepower, let's not forget our most powerful weapons," tapping his forehead to emphasize his point.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Let me see if any of those creature is outside, we can already take care one of them. But tell wour wife to not make any noise to see if we can atract them outside and destroy them.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sure, I´ll wheel this baby and wait for the bastards to clear out of the house. I could simply scream for them to get out when we get there. Then you take care of them. Should they come too close, I just put in the reverse! Let´s do this, and expect something to go wrong... Let´s keep the side windows open so we can get up to the roof of this heap, you said it worked last time. Never change a winning strategy." Hopefully the conversation gets all parties calmed down.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Mr. Handy, can we get a better description of the farmhouse? Is there a front porch with a roof in front of the farmhouse?

"How about this?" Jack says thoughtfully, a plan beginning to take place. "Harry, you get out of the RV with a pistol, the better for you to enhance your maneuverability and draw fire. Kat, you take the other pistol and the communications unit, keep the engine running and pull up as close as you can to the house under one of the windows. Me, first I'll take the crowbar to the front door and then get on top of the RV's roof and work on one of the upper story windows. You guys start a ruckus, honk the horn, yell obscenities, whatever. Harry, only go as far into the house as you feel comfortable - or not at all. It's up to you. When we've sufficiently drawn them out, Kat, you communicate to Emily, my wife, that I'm coming in. Dispatch the zombies to the best of your ability but don't let that be your primary concern, drive away if you have to. Getting the hostiles out of the building and my family out unscathed is the goal. Kat, if you need to drive away, come back and we'll drop onto the roof. How's that for a plan?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Not bad, but remember we need the gas and we don't know how the other places are.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(What Flynn saw was the light coming from the attic window, not anything on the road. The "communications unit" is the radio that is built into the helmet, so Jack would have to give the helmet to Kathryn for her to have it.)

At the farmhouse-
Flynn drove up the driveway to the front of the farmhouse, which had a peaked roof. There was a porch just outside the front door with a small roof that was below a window on the upper floor. There was an attic window above that, below the peak. It was shuttered like the other windows, but Flynn noticed that light was filtering out through its slats. It was impossible to tell what the rear of the house was like from here, but he remembered that there was a storm cellar and a back door, as well as the fuel pump near the barn.

"Kyle is up here with is," Emily said on the radio. "There are windows in the attic; we'll go to the one in the front of the house and see if we can get out to the roof. Perhaps we can jump onto the roof of the RV from there or get on the roof yourselves and pick off those bastards as they come out for you." She paused, then resumed speaking. "Lauren is going to try and open the window. Let us know what you want us to do."

(If you want to go ahead and start executing your plan, you may. We can assume you transferred the helmet last round if you wanted to do so. Jack, if you want to use the crowbar on the front door, make a Large Club roll. A "miss" in this case means that you failed to damage the door, not that you actually missed it. If you hit, roll 1d8+1d4 damage. If you want to go for the upstairs window above the porch roof, Flynn can park alongside it, and then you can climb up the ladder leading up to the RV's roof and step onto the porch roof. If you do this, it will take the entire round and you will not be able to do anything else up there until after my next major update.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Couldn't Harry pull parallel to the front porch? Then getting onto the porch roof would just be a short step from the RV to the porch? How much of a drop is it from the attic to the top of the porch? We can say I transferred the helmet to Kathryn, np.

Jack places the pistol and extra mags on the dashboard. "Kathryn, ask Emily if they have some kind of rope to lower themselves down. If not, gather up some of our sheets from the living area back there for them to use instead. Harry, you ready for this buddy?" Not waiting for an answer, Jack exits the vehicle, runs to the front door and attempts to wedge the crowbar into the door jam but the stress of his family in peril makes his palms slick with sweat and he is unable to grip the door frame with the pry bar.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Goddamn it," Jack curses almost inaudibly. Steadying himself, he wipes his palms off on his shorts and takes a deep, calming breath. "Kat, ask Em to ask Kyle where we can find a ladder around here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, Harry can pull parallel alongside the porch roof. That's what I thought you had in mind all along. Kathryn can put on the helmet and collect the gun and ammo this round, and you now have her crowbar...or at least you did until a second ago. Jack can't act again yet.)

At the farmhouse-
Jack tried to pry open the door, but it was proving oddly stubborn. He gave it his best effort, but he strained so hard that he pulled a muscle and the metal bar flew out of his hands. It struck a metal chair on the porch with a loud clang.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”