IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

Post by ryansommer »

Waiting to hear a response from Kathryn, Emily cautiously moves to the kitchen to retrieve the shotgun and the M4. She also looks for a towel to wipe the blood from them.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat listens to Emily and takes aim at Jack´s forehead. "Jack´s infected, I´m dealing with him right now! So you don´t have to see him, like this..." The first shot misses, the second shot barely hits as she feels it´s wrong to shoot her rescuer. She curses inwardly and stares in disbelief how bad shot she is. She can almost hear Jack mocking her skill at handling the gun. "Fuck, I fucked up! I couldn´t shoot him...he´s about to rise again..must try again..." Kat feels the palms of her hands get all slippery. She braces herself by pushing her back to the RV´s interior. Don´t want to lose my balance...
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren follows her mother down to the living room waiting to see what is going on.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle follows Lauren, rifle resting over his shoulder.
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Kyle climbed down from the attic and into the upstairs hall, while Lauren went downstairs to the living room. Emily went through the open doorway to the kitchen and retrieved the shotgun and the M-4, wiping the blood off of both weapons with a dish towel. The shotgun currently had four shells loaded, though it was capable of holding five. The M-4's 30-round magazine was a little more than halfway full. There was no extra ammo visible in the kitchen. On the left side of the room was a closed door that apparently led to the dining room, and another, smaller closed door was on the right wall. The back door, on the opposite side of the room, had been smashed inwards by Betty. She couldn't see anything moving behind the house.

(Kyle, you can make it down to the living room this round. Lauren and Emily, either of you may move through any one door or doorway.)

In the RV-
Kathryn's first shot penetrated the floor of the RV and hit something sensitive, damaging the vehicle further. Her second bullet barely grazed Jack's jaw. His body still showed no sign of movement.

(Kathryn, you may fire two more shots with the same conditions as before. Jack has taken 1 damage to the head so far.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren walked up to her mom and grabbed Emily's arm. "What is happening? What is wrong with that lady!"
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Emily, roll Psychology to diagnose Kathryn. Also, feel free to give a gun to Lauren.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle follows the others down to the living room.
• Mood Music •
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat, not knowing she actually damaged the car.. continues to put Jack´s forthcoming rise to rest. The first bullet hits.... The second misses terribly...(if not jam)

(I´ll wait to see the effect of the 96 roll...)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" I don't know what's wrong with her, honey" Emily said as she tried in vain to diagnose Kat.
"Kathryn, what is going on out there? What do you mean you are taking care of Jack? Can he talk? Let me talk to him. We are in the bottom of the house and have weapons now, we need to get out of here. We need to fuel up the RV and get to the comm center. Tell Jack to get to the gas pump while I get the key."

Turning to Kyle who just arrived down stairs: "Here, take this," she said as she handed him the M4. "You're the best shot with a rifle around here. Give Laurn the .22 and the remaining ammo you have. Where is the key to the fuel pump?"

Emily thinks to herself: Is the comm center going to be safer than holing up in the attic?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Listen to me, he´s dead. Alvarez killed him! I´m seeing to that Jack doesn´t become a walking dead! He got bitten and a large chunk of flesh is gone from his arm! I´ll spare you the sight of seeing him rise." Kat looks for the crowbar Jack used before....
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(This roll was a 97, actually. I've never seen so many critical failures as there have been during this encounter! Hopefully your luck will turn around soon. By the way, it is Jack's arm that was bitten, not his leg.)

In the RV-
Kathryn's next bullet creased Jack's scalp, and the one after that ricocheted wildly. Luckily it didn't hit her, but it did damage the vehicle even more. The crowbar was easy enough to find, as Jack still clutched it in his death grip. He had not risen yet.

(Kathryn, you may take two more shots now. If you want to get the crowbar instead, you'll need to go up to Jack and make a STR x 5 roll.)

In the living room-
Lauren met up with her mother as she returned from the kitchen with the long guns. Emily handed the M-4 to Kyle, who had just come down the stairs. Then she heard the terrible news from Kathryn.

(Emily, roll Sanity for learning of Jack's death. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. Lauren did not hear this, so she does not roll Sanity yet. Kyle, you may hand her the .22 and its ammo this round while moving. All three of you can get outside and halfway to the RV this round if you wish, though Emily may only act freely if she remains sane.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle passes over the .22 and ammo, wondering why the older lady seems to be talking to herself. He kind of understands she's talking to someone outside, but can't work out how.
• Mood Music •
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

From where she stands Kat fires at Jack again. The bullet made sufficient damage to his head.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Upon hearing of Jacks death, Emiily wobbled on her feet a bit and had to grab the wall to steady hersefl. Her thoughts drifted to the fight she and Jack had recently had: 'I'm sorry, Jack. I'm so sorry' she thought to herself. Emily was grief stricken and couldn't believe Jack was gone, but her instinct was to protect her daughter but her was suddently unsure of how to do that. With a steel resolve, she fought off most of her doubts.

"Roger. I copy, Kat." Emily said into the mic. "I'm thinking we should stay here for the night and get some rest. The attic is safe for us to rest in tonight."

"Kyle, we need your help gathering supplies. Since this is your house, can you start gathering up good and water? Also, where are the extra shotgun shells?"

Turning to Laruen, Emily leads her off to the side of the room: 'Lauren, honey....... dad was attacked in the RV. He's gone. He's dead." Emily hugs Lauren tightly and begins to cry.
Last edited by ryansommer on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(When the next update comes, this is what Kat does.)

Kat walks over to Jack´s corpse and takes the broken gun and pockets it. Hearing Emily´s response she replies, "I..I´m sorry for your loss...I´ll come to you. We´ll work out a plan to reach the base."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Kyle knows that Lloyd had the keys to the fuel pump, but there is no need for them any more. Emily and Flynn already pried the lock off with a crowbar. Lloyd also has keys to a pickup truck that's currently in the barn and fully fueled. A bunch of extra shotgun shells are also on Lloyd, and Kyle just gave all of the remaining .22 magazines he had to Lauren. There is more ammo stored in the barn.

Emily, that Sanity roll is a failure. The bonus does not apply under the current circumstances, and it never applies to Sanity rolls, only to combat rolls - skill rolls for attacking, parrying, and dodging. Roll 1d6 to see how much Sanity you lose, and if you roll 5 or more you'll need to make an Idea roll. If you succeed, you'll go temporarily insane, but if you fail you'll be okay. Lauren, you'll need to make a Sanity roll with a Sanity loss of 0/1d6 now as well. Once I get those rolls from both of you, I'll update.

Now that the immediate crisis is over, you can give some thought to long-term survival planning. Everyone may roll Idea - this is a separate roll from any Idea roll needed to avoid temporary insanity, so please state which Idea roll is which in the Notes section on Invisible Castle if you're making two of them.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren couldn't bear the fact that her father was dead. She blurted out, "He was sposed to save us. Daddy kept me safe..."
Tears fell down her cheeks but she kept the pain from incapacitating her.
The fact of her father dying kept her from having any ideas.
(OOC: can you crit fail an idea roll? Does lauren get an aneurysm for trying to think to hard or something.)
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(No, but you can have a really bad idea that you think is a really good one. Like finding a big city. That sounds like a great idea to Lauren right now. She knows everyone will be safe there! :) )
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate

Post by yellowsigh »

(OOC: Failed an Idea roll, unsurprisingly, just wanted to check how stable Emily was - whether she goes temporarily insane - before registering her request about the shotgun shells).
• Mood Music •

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”