IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-OVER-Reunion(Flynn/Kathryn/Jack/Emily/Lauren/Kyle)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat stares at Jack as he dies before her. Shesnaps !

(So she finally loses it! Actions?)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(First roll Idea. If that fails, you remain sane and may act freely. If you succeed, I'll let you know what happens.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat sees the ramifications Jack´s death has to her own situation, and the inevitable rising of Jack the Thing with white hair... She clutches the gun feverishly and tries to say something in the comm.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the RV-
The enormity of everything that has happened today - to the world, to her personally, and now to her rescuer - hit Kathryn hard. She started to sob uncontrollably, her trembling hands gripping the gun. She couldn't give voice to any words. All Lauren heard over the radio was the sound of her crying.

(Kathryn's temporary insanity lasts for 9 rounds, including this one, unless Emily reaches her and snaps her out of it sooner with a successful Psychoanalysis roll. Lauren could try now, but she only has the base skill of 1%. Lauren, roll Idea for a way you could help Kathryn.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Iam477 »

A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the attic-
Lauren knew that her mother would be much better at talking Kathryn through whatever was troubling her than she was. If she were to take off her helmet and get it to Emily, then Emily could talk to Kathryn directly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

"Hey Kyle i need to go give this helmet to my mom quickly. I think something really bad is happening." Lauren decided to go down the stairs and try to find her mother.
-Ambrose Bierce
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Emily was headed for the kitchen/area where Flynn and Lloyd were attacked to get there guns. Unless Lauren stops her or calls to her, that is where she will go. )
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Emily is currently still climbing down the attic stairs, so it's no problem for Lauren to pass her the helmet. I'm waiting for Kyle to act before I end this round and start another. At that point Emily will be able to move somewhere else and also talk to Kathryn at that point. Only next round will someone else actually be able to go down the stairs.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: I figured as much. I just wanted to make sure you knew what her intentions were.)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Under the sobbing and hulking, Kat wishes everything bad just, just disappears. Then she can sit there and cry her heart out - alone. She tries not to be disturbed by the sounds from the middle of the RV...
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Deep in her mind she hears her uncle "This won´t take long..." She starts to shut down, as so many times before, to a lifeless carcass. Something not moving. Not present.
(Don´t know if this makes sense or even if it´s possible. Just thought that the stressful situation could remind her of previous experiences...)
TVblog

yellowsigh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by yellowsigh »

Kyle let's the two ladies out of the attic before leaving himself. Whilst holding the door open, he notes his rifle and anything else that might come in handy, and grabs them before following.

(OOC: I'm assuming nothing - if a roll is needed, I've got a 48, which would be a fail on Spot Hidden or Luck)
. . .y o u ' r e i n s y l u m t o r e m e m b e r . . .
• Mood Music •
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Kyle has 50 Luck, so that roll would have succeeded had a Luck roll been required, but that doesn't apply in this case.)

In the attic-
Lauren took off her helmet as she ran to the trapdoor in the floor. She saw her mother below at the bottom of the attic stairs and handed the helmet down to her. Kyle looked around the attic, but saw nothing more of interest.

(One more person may climb down to the upstairs hallway this round. Kyle has already indicated that he'll let Lauren go first if she wants to go down.)

In the upstairs hallway-
Emily reached the bottom of the ladder just as Lauren reached through the open trapdoor above to pass her the helmet. The hallway was as she remembered it, though the front window overlooking the porch had been smashed open from the inside. Stairs led down to the ground floor.

(Emily, you may take the helmet and speak to Kathryn now. You may also put on the helmet if you wish, and you may make it downstairs to the living room this round in addition to peforming these other actions while you move. Roll Psychoanalysis to try to snap Kathryn out of it.)

In the RV-
Kathryn remained standing where she was, weeping and trembling, as Alvarez continued eating Jack's corpse.

(Kathryn, if Emily succeeds at her Psychoanalysis roll, you may act freely this round. If you do, you may fire twice at Alvarez's head at point blank range as described before, and it will take 5 damage to the head to finish him. It's fine that she had a flashback as part of her temporary insanity.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily puts on the helmet: "Kathryn? Kathryn? This is Emily. What is going on over there? I need you to focus for me, can you do that? We need you over here." Emily continues to talk to Kathryn, snapping her back to reality.

As he talks to Kathryn, Emily heads down the stairs keeping an eye out for threats as she heads down the stairs.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hearing Emily, seeing Alvarez chew on Jack, Kat puts two shots in the thing´s head. "Better safe than sorry..." she thinks and snaps back to the RV. Two rapid shots echo in the comm, following is Kat´s distorted voice; "Alvarez got Jack, he´s hurt bad.... I think he´s... dying...I killed that thing!" Kat surveys the RV´s interior, to find a way to get out without stepping over Jack and the bits and pieces of Alvarez?

(Did I get the damage right?)
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Jack's hurt? How bad? What happened to him?" Emily said, panic starting to well inside her.

(OOC: I am going to assume that it will take me another round to get down to the kitchen, and to the guns. Correct?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, you got the damage right. The first bullet did more than enough damage to take down Alvarez, so you don't need to fire the second one and can save a bullet. Yes, Emily will require another round to reach the kitchen and the guns. I'll update once Lauren and Kyle have had a chance to act.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren follows her mother down the stairs and upon hearing what he mother was saying a sense of dread filled her.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I'll go ahead and update now, since Kyle's player logged in since the last one and he already said what he's doing anyway.)

In the attic-
Kyle waited his turn while Lauren descended the stairs to the upper floor's hall.

(Kyle may now go to the upper floor's hallway.)

In the farmhouse-
Lauren made it down to the upstairs hall, while her mother went down the stairs to the living room. Emily could see that the bookcase that had been blocking the front door had been smashed to bits, and the door itself broken open from within. On the right side of the wall opposite the front door was a doorway leading into the kitchen, where she could see Lloyd's shotgun and Alvarez's M-4 lying on the floor in pools of blood, which was smeared in a trail leading from the kitchen, across the living room, and out the front door. Another, larger, doorway to the left of that one led to the dining room. There was no sign of any zombies.

(Lauren, you can make it to the living room this round. Emily, you can get into the kitchen and retrieve both guns.)

In the RV-
Kathryn's first shot blew Alvarez's brains out, and he fell on top of Jack's body. It was obvious that Jack was dead, and it was too late to help him, except possibly by putting a couple of bullets in his head. She could get out through the left side door, or through either of the front doors, without stepping over the bodies, but she would need to go past them. She would only need to step over them if she went out the right side door.

(Kathryn, if you want to you may shoot twice at Jack's head at point blank range, with the same chances as before.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”