IC-OVER-Deliverance(Cpl Gardner/Kathryn McCoy/Jack Montrose)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-OVER-Deliverance(Cpl Gardner/Kathryn McCoy/Jack Montrose)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat with horror in her eyes as she looks at the remains of the NG. Had he been infected all the time? Was that why he had acted in the way he did? She stumbles backwards out the garage door - for the last time, ever...
"I, I got to leave, can´t stay!" She turns and starts a run towards the barn they had been talking about earlier. Up she had to get up, away from all this killing. Knowing she had a part in the killings, she was in a way running away from herself...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by John Gaunt »

Sighing deeply with resignation, Jack pushes off from the hood of the ruined cruiser and walks wobbly legged towards the passenger side of the vehicle. Trying the door handle, if it's locked, he will carefully reach through the blasted window and unlock the door from the inside in an effort to locate the first aid kit the panicked woman had mentioned previously.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I just have to get some elevation from those things....And pull up the ladder....That will do the trick! He had been a nice man that Jack fellow. But he´d got splattered hadn´t he?! The thoughts exchanged rapidly. She couldn´t remember. First the barn. Then look for a vehicle. Yes, that would do for a plan. Kat was calming down as she hurriedly got closer to the barn. She slowly becomes aware of the wounded shoulder. Did it need some fixing or would it be alright as it was? It didn´t feel too bad...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Jack reached through the window and unlocked the door. He opened it and rummaged through the pile of stuff on the front seat. It didn't take him long to find the first aid kit.

At the barn-
Kathryn reached the front doors of the barn. They were sliding doors, and currently closed. Normally it would be trivial to slide them open with both hands, but it would be difficult with only one. Her arm was still in pain, and it would be good to bandage it soon.

(Kathryn, roll STR x 5 to open the barn doors. If you succeed, roll Luck.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

What kind of "stuff" is on the front seat?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Thoroughly searching the front seat, Jack found a fire extinguisher, road flares and hazard markers, five gallons of water, crime scene tape, a crowbar, a lug wrench, a folding shovel, rain gear, and a radar speed gun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Stuffing as many road flares as he can into his oversized pockets, Jack grabs the med kit with his right hand and grasps the crowbar with his left, turning, when done, towards the open garage doorway.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Trying to get the doors up Kat only finds out how bad she needs her both arms. She sinks down in front of the doors, exhausted from the effort. The doors must be stuck! She looks at the farm house she just left. Then rips her halter-neck and tries to stop the bleeding.
TVblog

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

OOC: Um, not sure if you're aware but halter tops are really flimsy, essentially tank tops. There is is no neck. But if you took off your shirt, Jack wouldn't mind :shock:
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Never minding the exposure she wrangles the halter-neck off to get something relatively clean to stop the bleeding.

(It will be a kind of tourniquet when she´s done, partly covering her chest with the bad arm...)
TVblog

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Tucking the medkit under his left arm, with his right hand, Jack pulls the garage overhead door shut and begins moving toward the barn around back.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, the halter top's neck strap is very thin and wouldn't even make a good tourniquet. It rises from Kathryn's chest and over her collarbones, looping around behind her neck and leaving most of her back exposed. Without the strap, it would not have any support. You can't do a proper bandaging job with it, so best to just leave it in place.)

At the garage-
Jack managed to fit four flares into his pockets. When he closed the garage door, he heard a click as it locked into place. Getting back inside now would be a bit trickier. He picked up his crowbar and first aid kit and circled around the side of the garage.

At the barn-
Kathryn strained at the handle of the sliding door, and while it seemed like she was loosening it, it wouldn't quite give. As she slumped over, she realized that the neck strap from her halter top wouldn't be suitable. She could tear material from the bottom of her skirt if she wanted, but it was plenty short as it was and that would make it even shorter. Or she could wait and use the first aid kit that Jack was carrying. She saw him come around the side of the house and start on his way to the barn. He would arrive soon.

(Kathryn, if you want to try the door again you may roll STR x 6 this time. Again, roll Luck if you succeed. If you want to try to bandage your wounds by tearing off part of your skirt, you may roll First Aid. The base skill is 30%, and if you succeed, you get 1d3 HP back.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Giving up on both the door and the puny halter, Kat tears the bottom of the skirt and makes a haphazard bandage around the upper arm. Succeeding to stop the bleeding and feeling a litle better as Jack comes towards the barn.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the barn-
Kathryn plucked out the metal fragments and shards of glass from her arm. Then she ripped a band of fabric from around the bottom of her skirt and used it to crudely bandage her wounds. It wasn't the best job, but it was adequate. She could once again use her arm, though it was still painful. Perhaps a medical professional could do more. She looked up just as Jack arrived.

(Either of you may open the barn doors without having to roll STR. Roll Luck if you decide to do so.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Looks like I'm a little late with this," Jack says as he proffers the medkit, "although you might do better with fresh gauze and disinfecting the wound."

Eyeing the barn doors, he continues speaking. "I saw you struggling with these. Here, let me to help."

With ease, he opens the barn doors. "We're in luck, they're not stuck."

As the weary prosecutor pauses to fish his flashlight out of his pocket, he casts a backwards glance toward the farmhouse.

Are there any rear doors or cellar doors visible behind the farmhouse?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat stands up and receives the first aid kit with a nod and takes a step back as Jack opens the barn doors.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the barn-
Jack glanced at the back of the farmhouse before opening the barn door. He saw that there was a rear door, as well as a storm cellar set into the ground behind the farmhouse that wasn't visible from the front. When he opened the barn door, he and Kathryn saw nothing dangerous inside. A tractor was parked in the middle of the barn, facing the door. On the right side there were two closed horse stalls, each of them occupied by a horse. Both horses were panting and looked very thirsty, not to mention hungry. A trough at the back of the barn still had some slop in it, but the horses had been unable to get to it while they were stuck in their stalls, and they had long since consumed anything within them. There was also an empty hay wagon on the left side, underneath a hayloft that took up the western third of the barn's upper half. A ladder leaned against the side of the loft, leading up to it.

Jack heard Alvarez reply on the radio: "Alvarez here. What is your situation? Are they dead?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Oh thank God!" Jack says into his mike, clearly relieved. "I was afraid you guys were out of range. Where are you guys? Is everything OK? How are my girls? I'm with Kathryn now, she's a little cut up, a little shell shocked, but otherwise, she's all right," Jack says as he winks at her good-naturedly. "Gardner is down, I repeat, Gardner is down...for good. Can you come back to pick us up? We're investigating the barn for supplies that might assist us. Over."

While he awaits for Alvarez's reply, Jack probes the dimness of the barn with the beam of his flashlight. "It's a shame about those horses but if the guys and my family come back, the best we'll be able to do for these animals is to get em fed and turn em loose. I'll bet that tractor runs on diesel, same as our RV. That'll come in handy. What I'd like to do is inspect the cellar and see if there's anything there that might be of use. What do you think we should do?" he asks Kathryn.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

She listens to the conversation on the radio then replies, "I´d get up on the loft and scout the surrounding fields for hostiles. That would make a good stand to cap off any more zombie thingies.... Just to be safe before we leave." She adds, "The house has a well stocked fridge and freezer, but I won´t go there!" She turns to the ladder and grabs it to ascend.
TVblog

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Wait!" Jack exclaims. "I think your idea is a good one but I also think it prudent that we don't split up. I can understand your refusal to go back into the house, really, I do, but it'd really be of benefit to us both if you watched my back while I check out the cellar. What do you say?"

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”