IC-OVER-Deliverance(Cpl Gardner/Kathryn McCoy/Jack Montrose)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Deliverance(Cpl Gardner/Kathryn McCoy/Jack Montrose)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Turning to Jack, Kat says, "Then you´ll have to give me a gun or something. I´m no good at hand to hand as you observed over there. But I´m a decent shot. If you lend me a handgun I´ll be a fair rear guard."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by John Gaunt »

"I'm not asking you to fight, just to keep guard and prevent anything from sneaking up on me while I root around in the cellar. First sign of trouble, give a yell and then run. The gun's not mine to lend out. I hope you understand."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the barn-
The horses whinnied weakly at the humans who had just entered the barn, nudging the gates of their stalls with their heads.

"We're stopped at a farm about a mile and a quarter west of your position," said Alvarez. "Emily and Lauren are fine. Emily's with me now, and Lauren's helping Flynn fill up the RV's tank. We found a gas pump at this farm, and they're cracking the lock open now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"That's great!" Jack says enthusiastically into his mike. "I'm going to stay put and scout around here for supplies. How soon before you're able to come back for us?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat looks around for a pitch fork or a flail in the barn. "Yeah, scream and run - that´s really great tactics!" She can´t help but sounding sarcastic. "Keep the gun, I´m getting some kind of weapon first. Then we can check the cellar. " She scans the walls for a proper tool to satisfy her need.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Unappreciative females seem to be the order of the day as Jack shrugs off the woman's barb. "I'm not proposing any 'tactics'. Do what you want. If it's important to you, you're welcome to this crowbar," he motions with his left hand. Without another word, he heads toward the cellar doors.
Last edited by John Gaunt on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sure, that´ll do nicely." She weighs the proffered crowbar and follows on Jack towards the cellar of the farm house. "Are your family coming here to pick us up? I know there´s a base just a bit from here. The air force have a radio team not far off. Then there´s the Warren AFB. Gardner had an idea to get there, but I figured they´d shoot him at sight... If we talk to the radio team we probably could get access to the base." Feeling the anxiety give way, she picks up the digital and hits record. "Update! I´m free, and Gardner is dealt with. I have been rescued by a man named Jack. His family and some of the NG from the air field dealt with Gardner, who went havoc after the situation at the air field. If he ever was sane... The police cruiser is useless.... Wonder how Erica is doing? We´re checking the cellar of a farm house along the road to WAFB." She pans the camera 360 degrees and turns it off.
TVblog

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Alvarez hasn't answered yet, "Jack replies as he scans the surrounding cornfields. "Yeah, both Harry and Alvarez had mentioned the communications center at some truck stop on I 80 that was our ultimate destination. As good a plan as any..." he shrugs.

"What I want to do," he continues explaining, "is stock up with any and all gear here that we can carry and, if need be, we can rendezvous with them using either the horses or tractor as transport. Hopefully they'll be able to come back for us, though. Alvarez, do you read me? Over."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the storm cellar-
"Flynn is out getting us some gas," replied Alvarez on the radio. "Once he comes back I will let him know that it is safe to come pick you up. Or you can hike out to us, your choice."

Jack and Kathryn reached the storm cellar doors. They were at a slight angle off the ground, leaning against the rear of the house. A wooden plank had been put through the handles to keep the doors shut, but it could easily be removed.

(If you open the cellar doors and look inside, roll Luck.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Before removing the plank or opening the doors, Jack pounds on the doors and calls out : "Anyone in there?" and then stops and listens. Not hearing anything, he draws his pistol with his right hand and removes the plank and flings open the left door, stepping back as he does so.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the storm cellar-
There was no response to Jack's call. When he opened the door, he saw a set of steep stairs leading down into the cellar. He could hardly see any of the inside from his current position. If he wanted to know what was down there, he'd have to go inside and take a look around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I´ll stay here, to make sure no one gets to you from behind." Kat watches along the farm house outer walls.
TVblog

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Answering Alvarez, Jack replies: "Given a choice, I'd soon as not hike to where you are given that those infected things are wandering about. Plus, you guys have the benefit of knowing where we are, having been here before, whereas I can only guesstimate where you are based on your directions. Comprende'? I'm about to investigate the cellar under this farmhouse. If you guys came back here, we could resupply to some extent. Let me know what you wanna do. Over."

Jack
shines his flashlight into the dimness of the cellar.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the storm cellar-
From the top of the steps, Jack could only see the area at the bottom, which was empty. He would have to descend to see more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Is there light switch or cord anywhere to be seen? If not, Jack will cautiously descend.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the storm cellar-
Jack did not see any light switch or cord at first, but once he climbed down the steps he could see a bulb hanging from the ceiling with a pull cord not far from the exit. He pulled the cord and lit up the cellar. It wasn't all that large and was as deserted as the rest of the farm seemed to be. There were some emergency supplies stored down here, enough food and water to last two people for two weeks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Not much down here other than food and water!" Jack calls up to Kathryn. "At the very least we can water the horses now," he adds, as an afterthought. He grabs a couple of large jugs and makes his way back up the stairs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the storm cellar-
As Jack began to collect the water, he heard Alvarez reply on the radio. "I'll be in touch soon," said the medic.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Take your time, plenty for us to do around here," Jack says amiably into the microphone.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, let´s give the horses some water and let them free." "It´s all clear up here, do you need help getting the stuff up?"
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”