IC-OVER-Middle of Nowhere(Jack/Emily/Lauren/Flynn/Kyle)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Middle of Nowhere(Jack/Emily/Lauren/Alvarez/Flynn)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, you did that right. You were supposed to roll against both skills.)

At the farm-
Alvarez heard Jack reply: "Given a choice, I'd soon as not hike to where you are given that those infected things are wandering about. Plus, you guys have the benefit of knowing where we are, having been here before, whereas I can only guesstimate where you are based on your directions. Comprende'? I'm about to investigate the cellar under this farmhouse. If you guys came back here, we could resupply to some extent. Let me know what you wanna do. Over."

Emily sensed that the farmer was anxious and more than a little frightened. Even though he had the upper hand, he was wary of these people, but as she spoke, he started to relax. He softened his tone and lowered the barrel of his shotgun. "I'm sorry," he said. "I guess you don't mean any harm, I'm just a tetch jumpy - especially after that explosion that came from down the road not too long ago. The name's Lloyd Perkins, by the way. Look, if you want to trade me something I can use for some fuel, I'm open to it. We've got plenty of food and water. This is a farm, after all. But we could always use more guns, ammo, and medical supplies if you have any to spare."

(If you want to trade for fuel, offer something and roll Bargain. The base skill is 5%. How much fuel he offers depends on your roll.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvarez told Jack that he would be back in touch soon. He then drug himself to the door and leaned out to ask what was going on.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the farm-
"Take your time, plenty for us to do around here," replied Jack to Alvarez.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Bargain isn't Flynn specialty, so he will let to Lauren.

-Do you know what happened to your neighbours? Did they run away or where attacked by the infected?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Emily relaxes noticabley and smiles warmly: "Hello, Lloyd. It's very nice to meet you. My name is Emily Montrose, this here is my daughter Lauren. My husband, Jack, is more than likely the source of the explosion back there. It's a long story, but he went off to help rescue a young woman from a sociopathic Airforce Officer named Gardner. This soldier here is Pvt. Flynn and his friend and fellow soldier, Alvarez, up in the RV there, were trying to rescue her when they came across my family being attacked by a group of infected. They saved our lives. We were then attacked by Gardner and Alvarez had his leg shot off. We rushed for safetly while Jack went back in to help the young lady. It sounds like he was successful. Alvarez is badly wounded and could probably use a rest. In fact, after what we have been through, we could all use a rest. May we come inside?"
"Flynn, if this man is so kind as to allow us a rest, could you return to the farm and pick up Jack and bring him back here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the farm-
"Sure, that'll be all right," said Lloyd. He raised his voice and called back to the house. "Kyle, it's all right! You can come out now. These people are friendly!"

The back door of the farmhouse opened and a very tall, muscular young man about twenty years old stepped outside and made his way over. He had a .22 rifle slung on his back. "Hi," he said nervously. He gave Lauren a sheepish smile. "Gosh, you're purty."

"This is my son, Kyle. Kyle, these folks are Emily Montrose and her daughter Lauren. This fellow in the flight suit is Flynn, and the man in the RV is his buddy Alvarez. He's been hurt bad."

"Wow, are you a pilot?" Kyle asked Flynn. "That's so cool!"

Lloyd looked up at the sky. "Yup, it's getting on towards dinnertime. We could start cooking now and have something ready around half past five, but if you're heading to Warren Air Force Base you'd probably have to leave real soon if you want to get there before it gets dark. If you need a place to stay the night, that'd be okay, but we don't have enough room for everyone in the house. You're welcome to use the barn or just stay in your vehicle, though."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez sat up a bit in the door and said, "Hi everybody"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the farm-
Alvarez heard Jack speak on the radio: "Hey Alvarez, how're things coming along there? Are you guys gonna be able to pick us up soon?"

"Hi, mister," said Kyle. He couldn't help but stare at the medic's stump. "Whoa! That must hurt an awful lot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Hi Kyle, nice to meet you." Emily said with a smile. "Flynn, could you go back and get Jack? I figure he may be able to use you and your rifle if there are anymore of those things out there. Lauren and I will stay here and help get Alvarez situated and help out these folks in any way we can."
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren blushed at kyles comment. She felt happy and relieved. She waved awkwardly at the man and smiled. "Im so glad we found you people. I feel like things are getting normal again. I just knew we would be ok. Have you guys had any problems? You seem ready for something bad. And Alvarez if there is anything i can do to help let me know.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I will go immediatly to Jack.
Flynn take the RV and start the engine.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Flynn maybe I should go along as well? Another gun could make all the difference. If not then before you drive away someone needs to help me out of the RV here."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I don't know, they seem nice people and they could have shoot us, but you never know what they may do with 2 pretty women alone. I think that it is better that you stay alert, ok? I will help you to get out.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I've got him, Flynn." Emily says as she hurries to help Alvarez.
"Alright, easy doesn it now." Emily says, as she puts Alvarezes arm across her shoulders and helps him out of the RV. "Kyle, can you give me a hand with Alvarez?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the farm-
"Sure," said Kyle. "It's nice to meet you too. You're such nice people." He helped Emily assist Alvarez out of the RV. His huge muscles made the task an easy one.

"We've had some trouble here, yeah," said Lloyd. "Some of those infected people. Not too many of them out here, though. I saw that it was real bad in the cities on the TV before the signal went out, but I think we'll be all right way out here."

(Note that Flynn is currently carrying both the carbine and the pistol, and Alvarez doesn't have a gun but he does have all the spare magazines for the M-4. You may want to redistribute the guns and ammo now and then have Flynn pull out.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez balanced himself on his one leg and said, "flynn you have the weapons and I have the extra ammo. Which weapon do you wish to keep?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I will keep the pistol, if anything attack you, you can barricade yourself in the house and use the machine-gun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the farmhouse-
Flynn gave Alvarez the M-4 before getting behind the wheel of the RV and driving away. He turned around and headed back around the side of the farmhouse to the road.

Emily and Kyle helped Alvarez through the back door of the farmhouse and into a kitchen, where they eased him into a chair. "Let's head inside, and I'll start cooking something," Lloyd said to Lauren.

(Flynn is moving to this thread: Reunion. Please stop reading the current thread at this point.

Everyone else remains in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: I asked this earlier, but I did not get a response: Does the RV have a CB Radio? If you are not familier iwth a CB radio, it is the same kind of radio used by truckers and police. It has various channels and can be used to communicate over distances. It is generally standard equipment on RV's.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I did answer, but you must have missed it. Yes, the RV does have a CB.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”