IC-THRU-Beneath the Surface(Tsuba/Lisa Crow/Sue Newton)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: IC-THRU-Beneath the Surface(Tsuba/Lisa Crow/Sue Newton)

Post by John Gaunt »

Lisa, the color stricken from her face, comes hauling ass past Clarence Deeds and Susan, her only words a mantra: " Ohmigod! Ohmigod! Ohmigod!..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Since Laraqua has been away for the last several days and hasn't acted yet, I'll NPC Sue for this round and have her use her shotgun.)

In the prison showers-
"We'll fire one volley, then fall back," said Bill. He and his father raised their rifles and took aim at the creatures' heads. Clarence fired first, landing a devastating hit that blew his target's skull apart. Bill only barely hit, badly wounding but not finishing his. Still, it fell to the ground and was reduced to a crawl. Sue let loose with her shotgun, but the blast passed harmlessly over their heads. The remaining walking zombies began to enter the shower room and were just a few yards away. The crawlers made their way into the common area, about five yards behind them.

"Okay, retreat!" shouted Clarence. Lisa had already beaten them to it, and was now halfway through the cell block.

(If anyone fires this round, there will not be enough time to aim at the head and the zombies will get to attack after you shoot. I highly recommend retreating to the cell block.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Lisa continued to flee in terror, running through the cell block and into the guard room. Clarence, Bill, and Sue made a more orderly retreat into the cell block. The five that were still standing walked in from the shower room. The one Bill had just wounded crawled in a few yards behind them, and the other seven crawlers made it into the shower room.

(The zombies are now ten yards away, so you may have one round of combat to fire without risk, using the same rules as described above.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Sue fires again, the gun lurching in her hands with the kick back. A memory flashes through her mind, too quick to grasp, but enough to leave her with an unsettling sense of longing and nostalgia.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Clarence shot another zombie in the head, taking it out. Bill shot one too with his AK-47, sending another to its hands and knees but not quite finishing it. The other three zombies still on their feet were very close now, and the nine crawlers struggled to keep up. "Fall back again!" called Clarence.

Bill glanced over his shoulder. "Where did Lisa go?" he asked.

(If you fire this round, you will not have time to aim at the head, and the zombies will get to attack afterwards. You may retreat with no problem.)

In the guard room-
Lisa continued to flee for the exit, running down the hallway to the reception area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue retreats, getting used to the pattern. When her time comes once more, and she can fire safely, she will fire off another shot. This one will hit and does a far lot more damage. Sue whoops joyously and then wonders where her husband is off to... A sudden fear catches her. She should find him, perhaps explore this place with him. They shouldn't have allowed themselves to be separated.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(It will be a couple of rounds before you can safely fire. When you can that roll will actually hit - barely. You have 50% Shotgun skill, so you need 45 or less to hit the head and you rolled a 45. The 17 damage will also be enough for a kill when the time comes. I'll hold these rolls in reserve, but please wait until the time comes to fire before rolling from now on. By the way, you put Amelia from New York Baby as your character name. ;) )
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
Clarence, Bill, and Sue all dropped back out of the cell block and into the guard room. The three standing zombies lurched slowly after them, about six yards away from them now. The crawling ones were even further back.

(It's still not safe to fire yet; you'll need to retreat for one more round before it is.)

In the reception area-
Lisa rushed upstairs in a panic, entering the warehouse.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue retreats. She's not going to risk being bitten.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the warehouse-
Lisa raced across the warehouse and fled up the stairs leading to the surface.

In the guard room-
"Keep moving!" shouted Clarence. He, Bill, and Sue retreated down the hallway leading to the reception area.

In the reception area-
Sue and the others emerged into the reception area. The walkers lumbered through the guard room, about ten yards away. There was a brief, sudden tremor that shook the underground complex. It was rather mild as earthquakes went, not anywhere near powerful enough to knock somebody over, but it was disconcerting.

(At this point, Sue can safely fire her shotgun and use those rolls you've already made. She will barely hit and do 17 damage to one of the three walking zombies, more than enough for a kill.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue fires with a cry. These zombies must be killed. She hasn't finished exploring this area and is desperate to not allow zombies to come out and roam amongst the living.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Sue, roll Geology regarding the earthquake. The clock hasn't advanced yet, I just forgot to mention this last time.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Lisa Crow is moving to this thread: Blue Plate Special. Do not read the posts there prior to the linked post, and please stop reading this thread at this point.

Everyone else remains in the current thread.)

In the reception area-
The zombie Sue shot fell, its head blown apart. She knew that earthquakes were rare in this region, but apparently they could still happen. Clarence shot a zombie in the head, dropping it to its hands and knees, but it crawled on toward him. Bill shot another, wounding it only slightly. It lurched on. "Fall back!" he called, heading for the stairs leading up to the warehouse.

(At this point the last standing zombie will get close enough to attack if you don't retreat, and so will the one Clarence just shot. If you stay and fire, remember that you cannot aim at the head and it will be able to attack you afterwards. The standing zombie has taken 4 damage to the head, so it would take 6 more to the head or 36 overall to finish it. The one on the ground has taken 8 to the head. By the way, you may reload while retreating. Two shotgun shells can be reloaded per combat round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue reloads and retreats. There would be time to shoot again soon enough. "We need to make sure these drop for good once we get the chance!"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Sue, roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the warehouse-
Clarence, Bill, and Sue hurried past the shattered gate and up the stairs, back into the warehouse. They made their way across the floor until they reached the base of the stairs leading back to the surface. Clarence couldn't hear anything, his ears still ringing from the gunshots. Tsuba, however, heard shouting from above. "It's Keith!" he told the others. "Dad, he wants you to hurry back up and says he's got the truck ready." He raised his voice. "We're okay, bro! We ran into more of those things trying to get into a sealed hatch deep inside this place, but I think we can finish them off! What's going on up there? Is Lisa all right? Do you want all of us to come back up, or just Pa?"

The last standing ghoul reached the top of the stairs and lumbered across the warehouse, arms outstretched. One of the crawlers was only a few yards behind it.

(Sue, you may safely fire again if you wish. The range is 10 yards, so you'd do 4d6 damage if you hit. The standing zombie has taken 4 damage to the head, so 6 more will finish it. Alternatively, you may start heading back upstairs.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the warehouse-
"I don't know if I would say Lisa is 'alright,'" shouted Keith from above. "She is uninjured, but she ran out of here like a bat out of hell and is heading towards the motel. We've got a horde of about 100 coming this way. You all better hurry up and kill them and get out of there before you get stuck between... well... a rock and a dead place. Some guys are doing hit and run on them, but it might be best if they had another truck helping them. I got my truck here to give you all a ride out of here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue fired at the standing zombie but missed. "Help me kill the things! We can't let them get in behind us."

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”