IC-THRU-Beneath the Surface(Tsuba/Lisa Crow/Sue Newton)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-THRU-Beneath the Surface(Tsuba/Lisa Crow/Sue Newton)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 12:33 PM Mountain Time - Beneath the T-Bone
In the warehouse-
Tsuba, Lisa Crow, and Sue Newton made it down to the bottom of the second flight of stairs, walking past a few dead bodies on the stairs. The huge warehouse at the bottom had several more. All of them had bullet holes in their heads. There were also plenty of crates in the room, some of them open. At the opposite end of the warehouse was a smaller staircase leading even further down.

"Look at this place," said Lisa in wonder.

"Stay alert," warned Tsuba, holding his AK-47 ready. He had finished clearing the jam on the way downstairs. "There could be anything down here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-THRU-Beneath the Surface(Tsuba/Lisa Crow/Sue Newton)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the warehouse-
Tsuba began to look carefully around the huge warehouse. but found nothing of interest, just lots of crates and dead bodies with holes in their heads. Lisa didn't see anything of note either, nor did Sue.

"Okay," said Tsuba, "I think we're clear in here. Let's proceed downstairs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the reception area-
Bill Black led the way down the stairs from the warehouse, with Lisa and Sue following him. There were more bodies on the stairs and a small pile at the bottom, where a barred gate had once stood. This gate had been knocked off of its hinges and flung back into the room beyond. It appeared to be some kind of reception area. The only furniture was a desk near the back of the room with a chair behind it, some cabinets, and some empty bookcases. Beyond the desk, a hall led further into the facility. More bodies were lying within the room.

The three of them began to search the room. Bill found nothing of interest. Neither did Lisa and Sue.

"Nothing's in here," said Lisa. "Let's keep moving."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the prison hallway-
Tsuba led Lisa and Sue into the hallway at the back of the reception area. A couple more bodies lay in the hall in a line leading further back, but nothing else of interest was there. There were two doors on each side, all of them open. The door on the far right was made of solid metal and looked stronger than the others. There was also an open door at the far end of the hall.

"Which door do you want to check out first?" he asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"I'm wondering how that gate before got taken off," murmurs Sue with a shudder, whether with explosives or heavy fists, it didn't look too promising. The bodies ... well, she was almost getting used to seeing bodies, though the smell was an ever-present reminder of abnormality, but subtle touches like that gate got to her. She wasn't even sure why.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue had a good ideaof what had gone on with those doors. She paused for a moment before explaining.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the prison hallway-
Sue realized that a large pile of dead bodies with bullets in their heads had been lying outside where the gate had once stood. The gate also looked battered, so it was probable that the dead had knocked it in while people on the inside had been shooting them.

Tsuba nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense," he said. "There were people alive down here not that long ago, then. They'd likely have retreated straight down the hall judging by the trail of bodies."

"If they're still alive, they might not be for long," said Lisa. "Maybe we should proceed directly back there to see."

"I don't like the idea of possibly leaving an enemy at our backs and cutting off our escape, though. Maybe we should check these four doors on the sides of the hall first. Sue, what do you think?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, can anyone hear anything? There's a good chance no one made it," says Sue sadly. "A quick peek then, into those rooms. Make sure they're clear. Do we all have enough ammunition? Everything fully loaded?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the prison hallway-
Bill cocked his ear and held his AK-47 ready. "I hear a kind of scratching sound," he said. "It's coming from way, way back, though. Probably rats or something." He exchanged magazines. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Me too," said Lisa. She held her pistol in one hand and a tire iron in the other. "Which door first?"

"First one on the right," he said. He peered through the doorway carefully, sweeping the room with the barrel of his assault rifle. He nodded when it seemed clear and stepped inside. Lisa followed him.

In the mess hall-
On the other side of the doorway was a large mess hall containing long, dusty tables and equally dusty chairs. At the rear of the room was a counter, and behind that was a kitchen area still containing pots, pans, and utensils. At the back of the kitchen was another door, also open. There was a stack of steel trays that had once been used for serving meals. The sinks were rusted, but still looked like they might be usable. There were also a stove, a grill, and a large Westinghouse refrigerator from around 1960 that was still running.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue Newton nods towards the door at the far end and starts creeping cautiously towards it.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the mess hall-
Bill and Lisa also crept towards the door. "Cover me," whispered Bill. The women did so while he cautiously opened the door and peered inside. On the other side of the door was a large pantry stocked with cans of food with old-style labels. There were several rats inside as well, but they vanished into the darkened corners within seconds of the door opening.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Sue picked up a tinned can and checked the date, then she gestured toward the door out of there. "Time to check the next one then."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the mess hall-
The expiration date on the can was September 20, 1961. Lisa also examined the cans. "I don't see any dates more recent than that one," she said. "Okay, let's get out of here and check another room."

"Which one next?" asked Tsuba as he led the way back. "Do you want to check the door on the opposite side of the hall from the mess hall first, or one of the two further back?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Opposite side, let's do a clean sweep," says Sue, remembering what she'd seen in the movies.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the barracks-
"I agree," said Bill. "Best not to risk leaving any hostiles behind us." He led the way back through the mess hall and across the corridor to the nearest door on the left side. Lisa and Sue went with him, their weapons ready.

On the other side of the door was a large room with eighteen bunks, each with a locker and a table beside it. Pinups from the late 1950's and early 1960's were on the walls, prominently featuring sex symbols Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield. There was also an old black and white photograph of a pretty young girl tacked to the wall next to one of the bunks. The room was otherwise empty. As they entered the room, they could see a doorway in the left wall, near the rear, that was not visible from the hallway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She gestures toward the remaining door, though she figures it's a toilet.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
The room through the doorway off the barracks wasn't just a simple toilet. It had several toilet and shower stalls, as well as a line of sinks below a long mirror. The nearest sink had a small amount of a red substance around its drain. It looked like blood, and had no discernable odor.

Bill nodded, proceeding cautiously into the bathroom and checking inside each stall before moving to the next, the barrel of his AK-47 always at the ready. "All clear," he reported back after inspecting the last one. "I did notice some bizarre graffiti on the wall of one of the toilet stalls. Looked just as old as everything else in this place. It said 'The demons are below and they are hungry.'"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the barracks-
Lisa shivered as Bill rejoined her and Sue in the barracks. "Where to now?" she asked.

"Back to the hall," said Bill. "We've still got those doors on the left and right farther down before we go see where the hall leads. The door on the left looked normal like the one to this room, but the one on the right is made of sturdy, solid metal. Good thing it's already open, or we might have trouble with it. Which one do you want to check first?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by John Gaunt »

"The one on the right," says Lisa,"cause it looks more interesting." She chambers a round in her Beretta and scans the hallway floor for blood trails, disturbed dust, or other signs of passagebut doesn't see anything of note.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hallway-
"I agree," said Bill. "Maybe there's something good in there, but with that door open it makes me think someone else got to it first."

Once Bill, Lisa, and Sue returned to the hall, Lisa was able to see a very obvious trail of blood and gore - and corpses - leading through the door at the far end. The three of them proceeded cautiously to the heavy steel door on the far right, which had been opened inwards. On the other side of the door appeared to be an armory. The walls were lined with dusty shelves and weapon racks, but sure enough all of them were empty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”