IC-UNDER-In Too Deep(Everyone)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: IC-UNDER-In Too Deep(Everyone)

Post by Laraqua »

Ms. Foo nods. "Yes." She keeps moving her flashlight to point in the rear direction, as they move.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the upper lab hallway-
Airman Justin Hockey expired inside the creature, and Duke was slowly being ground down and digested. Jenny's eyes snapped open as it started to reel her in, but she dragged her feet and kept clear of its massive mouth. It tried a second time, and this time it seemed there was no escape, but she twisted aside at the last second.

In the tunnels-
Kerry was terrified to be back down here. It wasn't just the odd rocks, it was everything: the chanting, the black sludge, the knowledge that more of these creatures were down here somewhere. Still, she managed to keep it at least somewhat together.

The group continued along the tunnel for another couple of minutes, leaving the rocks behind. There were more slicks of black sludge along the walls, which everyone kept away from and was careful not to touch. The chanting continued, not varying at all in volume and still seeming to come from all directions. As they walked, there was a sudden tremor. It was rather mild as earthquakes went, not anywhere near powerful enough to knock somebody over, but it was disconcerting - especially for Kerry. Mrs. Foo kept her light shining on the tunnel behind them, and Rosie trained her beam of light on the tunnel ahead. So far there was nothing visible in either direction.

(Kerry, roll Sanity again. Once more, the Sanity loss is 0/1d6, but since you've already lost 4 Sanity down here any loss of more than 2 points will only count as 2.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

"Keep your eyes and ears open, people. And lets make as much haste as we can," Sally said as she did her best to hustle along.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the upper lab hallway-
The creature swelled further in size as the ground shook. It continued crushing Duke to a pulp and trying to swallow Jenny, who was still pinned by its tentacles. It drew her to its mouth, and she could not avoid her fate any longer.

With all of its prey inside the office consumed, it turned its attention to Lynne, dragging her towards another mouth that was beginning to form. She screamed in agony from the pain her broken leg caused her as she was pulled over the rough floor and into its maw. There was no escape for her either. Then it consumed the remains of Kimberly. Nobody who had stayed in Deep Mole One had survived. Only those who had ventured below remained.

In the tunnels-
The party continued moving through the tunnels as quickly as Sally's broken leg allowed, with Willie leading the way and shining the light ahead while Mrs. Foo kept an eye on the tunnel behind them with her flashlight. There was no sign of movement. Another five minutes passed without incident. The tunnels were unchanging and seemed to stretch on forever, though Kerry knew it was only about two miles in a straight line to the PMS compound. They had gone about 3/5 of a mile so far.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally gritted her teeth through the pain and continued to move onward as fast as she could.
"Good work, everyone" she said in hushed tones, "Keep those eyes and ears open and keep moving. We're almost there." Sally was not sure how much further they had to go, or even how far they had come, but knew it was ever so important to keep everyone's spirits up.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"From here", Kerry said, "it is about 2 miles. I think we have come at least 1 1/2 if not more so it should not be much further."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Actually, it's 2 miles from where you started, and you've gone about 3/5 of a mile, so you have 1.4 miles left to go.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(Yeah i know that cause you said so. But Kerry does not have a perdominter on her so she is rounding it out a bit.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tunnels-
The group progressed through the tunnels for another five uneventful minutes. Then another tremor, more violent than the last one, shook the earth. It still wasn't strong enough to knock anyone down, but some dirt did trickle down from the tunnel's rounded roof. After a moment it was over. The tunnel was still clear as far as anyone could see in both directions.

(Kerry, roll Sanity again. As before, the Sanity loss is 0/1d6, but any loss of more than 2 counts as only 2.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kerry found that with the friends she had around her she did not have to worry about losing her sanity. "I am ok guys thanks to all of you."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

'Don't worry, Kerry. We're all hear for you, and all here for each other." Sally said, steadying herself after the tremmor. "We'll get through this, let's just keep moving."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tunnels-
The group continued through the tunnel. A minute later, it came to an intersection with another tunnel that met it at right angles. The tunnel branches to the left and right looked identical to the tunnel everyone was currently in, and that tunnel continued straight ahead. Kerry recalled having passed through this intersection during her flight from the PMS compound. She had simply gone straight through and not explored the tunnels to the sides. This intersection was about halfway between the PMS compound and Deep Mole One.

(Max, roll Scent Something Interesting.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Rof,rof!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Kerry, we continue on straight, correct?" Sally says at the intersection.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"if we wish to go on to the PMS compound yes. I am sorry I am so quiet this all brings back painful memories for me."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Rof, rof (Max goes happily by the left tunnel).
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

"Hmmm... the dog's acting up." Willie scratched thoughtfully at his beard, looking over at Max.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I can't imagine what this must be like for you Kerry. It's just aweful down here as it is, but to have to return after what you went through is unthinkable." Sally said to Kerry as she continued straight across the intersection to the PMS compound. She stopped half way across, "What is it boy? What's bothering you?" she said to Max as she patted his flank.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

[OOC: How durable do the acid flasks seem? I mean, if I fall over or get hit by something, am I liable to be given a rather unpleasant bath too?]

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”