IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

Post by ryansommer »

"Why don't you two do some hit and run on them with the truck and try to lead them I to the range of the snipers at the motel. We'll stay here."
" Lisa, where's my dad and bro?" keith hops out of the truck and heads to the stairs and yells down, "Dad!?"
Last edited by ryansommer on Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by John Gaunt »

Heedless of Keith, Lisa runs towards the motel in a blind panic.
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by ralazere »

Joe nods and turns to Colin, "Sounds about like the only thing we can do. You up to it, Colin? I don't want to force you if you feel like you're going to have another incident like earlier, freezing up."
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

I think i can do it. You drive ok and I will shoot.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Joe nods and gets into Colin's truck's driver seat, getting ready to get going.
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith yells down the stairs, "Dad! Dad? Come on! Hurry uptop! I've got the truck up here!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
"We're okay, bro!" came Bill's shout from below. "We ran into more of those things trying to get into a sealed hatch deep inside this place, but I think we can finish them off! What's going on up there? Is Lisa all right? Do you want all of us to come back up, or just Pa?"

Lisa ran to the west, ignoring everyone else. She ran past the garage and towards the motel in the distance, and what she hoped was safety.

As Lewie Newton watched from the roof, the mob got closer. It was now half a mile from the diner and closing.

(Lewie, you may now use 1/2 Rifle skill to shoot at the zombies if you wish, with a -5 penalty for aiming at the head. You have five combat rounds, but you may only fire three times because your rifle has a 1/2 rate of fire. Colin Lewis may also shoot three times at 1/2 skill, again with that -5 penalty, since his rifle is scoped as well. If Joe actually starts driving, however, he'd have to fire at 1/4 skill instead as long as the truck is in motion. Joe and Keith would be at 1/4 skill if they were to shoot from this range, but they would each get five shots.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(so what is the number i have to hit now. Either standing still or moving)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(If standing still, you need 27 or less for a head shot. If the truck is moving, you need 11 or less. If the truck moves this round, however, next round you'll be close enough to use your full skill.)

At the garage-
Across the way, Luke was visible climbing the ladder up to the motel roof. Sergeant Black began shooting at the zombies, and four of them fell in short order.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Joe lets drive a bit closer to those scum so I can get a better chance at them. not to close of course. Remember how we did it in Iraq?'
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Joe nods and chuckles, "A bit of Iraqi Hit-and-Run? Of course I do!" he revvs the engine, "Let's do this."
Anonymous
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith shouts back down the stairs to his brother, "I don't know if I would say Lisa is 'alright'. She is uninjured, but she ran out of here like a bat out of hell and is heading towards the motel. We've got a hoard of about 100 coming this way. You all better hurry up and kill them and get out of there before you get stuck between... well... a rock and a dead place. Some guys are doing hit and run on them, but it might be best if they had another truck helping them. I got my truck here to give you all a ride out of here."
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman

Post by Cuchulain »

Lewie let off 3 rounds, each striking their target. The first two were devastatingly accurate. The third shot also found its mark, a little plume of sickly red mist showing through the scope.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Actually, you did a lot more damage than that. Because of the order of mathematical operations, Invisible Castle multiplied the 4 by 2 and then added that 8 to the 2d8. What you'd need to roll in this case would be 4d8+8. The number of dice and any modifiers get doubled rather than doubling the number rolled. In any case, you did much more than enough damage with each shot to score a kill, so there's no need to roll the additional dice.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman

Post by Cuchulain »

(I kinda figured I'd probably killed them all, so didn't bother rolling again! What a set of rolls!)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, that was some excellent rolling!

Walkers from the east: 11 dead)

At the garage-
Keith heard a rifle shot from below, followed by a shotgun blast. "That's one more down," called Clarence. "The others are already mostly destroyed, so we should have no problem!"

Lisa stopped running a short distance west of the garage, finally coming to her senses. To the west, Frank Hodges emerged from the motel and began running towards the garage. Gordon Cheng and Brian Kincaid were busy setting up booby traps on the eastern edge of the motel parking lot. Luke and Malanowski had climbed up onto the motel roof, where Sergeant Black was shooting more zombies, and Zorie Spooner was examining Ernest Granger and David right outside the motel.

(Lisa, you may act freely again.)

On the highway-
Joe Soarez pulled out and drove east for about 250 yards on I-80. When he stopped, he could see that what was left of the horde was just 450 yards further east. It was already starting to get thinned out, though there were still over seventy left.

(Colin Lewis, you may fire three times at full skill, with only the -5 penalty for shooting at the head. Joe Soarez, you may fire five times, but you'd be at half skill. The -5 penalty would be applied after halving your skill.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by John Gaunt »

Realizing, with grave concern, that she had abandoned her lover, Lisa runs back toward the diner yelling: "Keith! Keith! We gotta help them! Tsuba and Sue are down there being pursued by those things!"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Lewis stood up and took aim at the zombie horde making sure he was looking at a head each time. The first shot missed its target but the next two shots each hit a zombie and put it down for good.
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Joe decides to keep his eyes on the way he's driving, making sure he doesn't mess up and wreck.
Anonymous
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Kieth moved to Lisa and but his hand on her shoulder: "Lisa, it's alright. I've been talking to them. Sounds like they have the situation under control down there."
Turning to the stairwell again, "Hey, Bro? Lisa is up here, she's a little shaken up, but still solid. You sure you're okay down there? Need any help?"

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”