IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Cuchulain
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

Post by Cuchulain »

"Hey everyone! There's a whole heap of them to the East! Nearly 100 of the ugly f***ers coming right this way!" Lewie looks through his scope, fascinated by the grotesque parody of a person lurching towards him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The smaller ladder is now leaned up against the west side of the garage. You'll use it to climb down to ground level. Luke also has his own rope. The taller ladder is leaning against the east wall of the motel. It can be used to reach either the balcony or the roof. There is a zipline tied to the satellite dish on the motel roof and anchored to a lamppost in the parking lot east of the motel. It can be used to descend quickly from either the roof or the balcony. Luke has never seen the rope ladder on the southwest corner of the motel that hangs from the balcony railing, but Lewie saw it when he was on the west side of the motel, and so did Melinda.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

"I'll take that as my cue to leave." Luke says with a smile "It'd be wasting ammo to shoot now, but they should be more than close enough by the time i get to the motel."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Luke climbed down the ladder, reaching the parking lot. The motel was a hundred yards to the west. Lewie Newton and Melinda Christie remained on the garage roof. The mob was slowly getting closer, but it was still a long way off.

(The same rules for shooting at the zombies apply this time. It will be about four more minutes before Lewie can fire at half skill, but for now he's still at 1/4 skill.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman

Post by Cuchulain »

Lewie continues to watch the things lurch forward, lining up a shot.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

West of the garage-
As Luke jogged toward the motel, he heard more chatter on the radio.

"Lt. Blanco, Airman Malanowski here. What's your twenty? Over." said Malanowski.

"Cheng, get yourself some grenades and set up some booby traps to the East. You can be our forward line of defense. Once they get close in, fall back to the roof." said another man.

"Yes sir!" replied Cheng.

Then Frank Hodges said: "Ortega, Black: There was talk about setting up defenses around here. What is the status of that? I'd like to help out when I return to duty if I may."

As Luke was approaching the dirt road halfway between the T-Bone and the motel, Keith Deeds drove by in his pickup truck with Colin Lewis in the back, returning to the garage.

At the garage-
Lewie watched the zombies through his scope. They were now 3/4 of a mile from the eastern edge of the ruined diner. Melinda had remained silent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Mr. Handy, let me know when Keith arrives, please.)

Seeing Luke on the move, Keith slowed to a halt near Luke, "Want a lift? I'm gonna grab Melinda and whom ever else wants to go to the motel and head back over there. Just an FYI, they are screening everyone before they are allowed into the motel. Might take you a while to get to that roof, is all I am saying."
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

"They'll want eyes on top." Luke says with a smile "I'll get bumped ahead of the line, no doubt."

"And I should get to the motel before you pick Melinda up, though I thought she was planning to stay put."

OCC: feel free to correct me about my assumption that he'll walk over just as fast, if not faster.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, you're correct. Luke will reach the motel at the start of the next round. I'm just waiting to give a few other players a chance to post before I update Through. Keith and Colin can reach the garage this round and may both act before the next update.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Luke is moving to the following thread: The Siege. Please stop reading the current thread. You may read The Siege from the linked post onwards, and you will post there instead of here.

All other characters remain in the current thread.)

At the garage-
Keith pulled up outside the garage in his truck with Colin in the back, followed half a minute later by Joe Soarez driving Colin's truck. Lewie Newton and Melinda remained on the roof, looking to the east. Just then there was a brief, sudden tremor that shook the area. It was rather mild as earthquakes went, not anywhere near powerful enough to knock somebody over, but it was disconcerting.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Whoa!" Keith says as he steadies himself outside his truck. Seeing Melinda safe, Keith greets her with a big smile, "Hey, Melinda, sweetie? How about I take you back over to the motel where it is safe. My mom is over there helping to look after people and she could sure use your help."

"Hey Lewie, any word from my Pa and Tsuba? They've been down there a while."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin stood up in the back of the truck and said, "Whats going on over here?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Joe opens the door and runs over to join Colin, "What the..." he looks around, then up at Colin, "Jesus, man, did you feel that? There was an earthquake of some sort."
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, let's go now, but don't risk your life unless it is absolutely necessary! I don't want you see turn in one of those things!
She timidly try to put her hand in Keith hand.

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Yeah i did feel it. are we staying here or what is going on?
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Joe shrugs to Colin and looks to the others, then back, "I'm not sure. Personally, I want to go back, but..." he gestures to the others, "we can't exactly leave them by themselves, really."
"And behold, the stars shine bright. Behold, the seas start to churn. Behold, the one who lies asleep shall rise again!"
Anonymous
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith takes Melindas hand and helps er to the truck. "Don't worry, I'll be alright. I'm gonna stay with the truck and keep ahead of those things while people in the back pick them off. It's I want safe and I think the motel is the safest place for you right now."
Once Melinda is in the truck, he turns to the rest of the group, "Anyone who's coming, hop on in. We need to get back to the motel and get some troops so we can do some more hit and run on those bastards. Lewie, how long till that group makes it here? If you have a radio, tell the soldiers that I am coming back and looking for volunteers to do hit and run on this group. Alright?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the stairs-
Lisa Crow hurried up the stairs as the ground trembled around her. Heedless of the tremor, she continued to the surface.

At the garage-
Melinda climbed down the ladder from the garage roof and got into Keith's truck beside him, leaving Lewie alone on the roof. The horde was a little more than half a mile away now.

Suddenly, Lisa emerged from stairs leading underground, panic written all over her face. Nobody else was with her.

(Lisa, you are still temporarily insane and fleeing for two more rounds. You may choose in which direction you run, provided it is away from anything dangerous. Lewie, if you make a successful Psychoanalysis roll you can bring her out of it early.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin Lewis said, "I will volunteer to help pick those creatures off."
ralazere
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ralazere »

Joe Soarez steps next to Colin, "So do I. These bastards need to learn how to stay dead."
Anonymous

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”