IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 12:30 PM Mountain Time - Ruins of the T-Bone
At the garage-
The motorcycles and two pickup trucks pulled up near the fuel pumps. Everyone present heard gunfire start up again coming from the west side of the motel. The old man with the beard called up to the garage roof where Luke was: "Hello up there! My name is Clarence Deeds. Can you tell us what's going on here? Where's everyone else?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Rough Riders except Amanda)

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda try to help any injured but her lack of training is visible.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

While his father is talking to the man on the roof, Keith gets out of his truck and scans the perimeter for infected.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Melinda seems to be in the wrong thread. If she stayed behind to help the wounded, she should still be outside the motel in The Siege, so you should post in that thread instead, or I can move your post there for you. However, there are no injured people currently with her on the ground. She would need to climb the ladder to get on the balcony first, but she might want to wait in order to let Adrian up before her. Once she's upstairs, someone will eventually show her where to go. If Melinda does want to go with Keith to the T-Bone, carry on in this thread, though there are no injured people here. The only visible person is Luke, and he's very healthy.)

At the garage-
Keith patrolled around the edge of the garage. It was almost the only part of the structure still standing, as the diner lay in ruins. There was a large area of the diner still intact, though much smaller than the garage. There was also a small section of roof still standing near it that had been shored up with wooden beams.

Peering to the east, he noticed that there was a large group of the infected shambling slowly closer about a mile off. There seemed to be between 70 and 100 of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: My mistake, she will follow Keith.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Aww, shit man. Can't we get a moment or rest." Keith sighs as he spots the other incomming hoard and points them out to the others. "They aren't moving fast, but they will be here soon enough."
Looking up to the man on the roof, "You okay up there? You got enough ammo and such?"
"We should warn the the others a the motel and get those snipers dialed in, but we'd have to send someone over to do that. What do think, Pa?"
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by SuAside »

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Luke says casually, resting his rifle on one arm. Anyone looking closer will see his hands are almost eclipsed with burnt gunpowder and several streaks of dirt on his face.

"I could use hell of a lot of 7.62x51mm -or .308 Winchester- ammo. And some 12 gauge shells. If that's not possible, any rifle and suitable ammo will do. Probably could use some food and drinks too, but I can hold out without that for now." he adds "But I'm almost running dry on rifle ammo... I won't be holding out long if groups like that keep coming."

"The only people left here around these parts either went to the motel, or went below the diner. Some sort of underground crap complex. Personally, I suspect it's an even worse deathtrap than up here, but I suppose you're welcome to try and find out, if they haven't blocked the way down. Which I suspect they have if they had half their wits left as they fled below."

"As for the USAF boys, yup, they need to be informed of this new group and my need for ammo, but I haven't been able to draw their attention. Understandably so, since they've been too busy blasting those zombies..." he explains "And eachother."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC-THRU-Blue Plate Special(Luke/Melinda/all RR but Amanda)

Post by kabukiman »

-What? They are not united to fight this threat?
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Human nature..." Luke shrugs "I suppose they needed to bleed before realising that wouldn't help them one single bit."

"I'm Luke, by the way." he adds.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Pleased to meet you," says Keith. "I'm Keith Deeds. This is my pa, Clarence, and my big bro, Tsuba. The rest of these folks we came with are the rest of The Rough Riders. Oh, and this lovely lady is Melinda. The rest of the introductions will have to wait cause we've got work to do."
"I'll head back to the motel and warn them and see about getting you some food and ammo."

Keith jumps in his truck and makes haste back to the motel with Melinda riding shotgun.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Any of those bikes I saw coming in have off-road capability?" Luke asks "Those undead are attracted to either life and/or noise, as far as I can tell."

"I think you could goad them around with a dirtbike until you run out of fuel, or fall. Might be a useful snippet of information, since we're far too stationary right now."
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by wimrock »

Dale leans out of the window of the truck and speaks loudly to the two men who are currently speaking, "Does anyone here have a plan on what we are going to do. I'm just sorta following the crowd, but it'd do me good to hear that we have a safe place we are going to try to go to."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Keith and Melinda are moving to this thread: The Siege. You may read the portion you missed while you were away if you wish. Please stop reading this thread at this point.

Everyone else remains in the current thread. Dr. Dale Owens, if you wish to return to the motel you and Adrian will be going back to that thread as well, but don't post there yet. It will take a full round to drive there.)

At the garage-
"I hope they don't start shooting each other again," said Clarence. "My wife's back there, and my boy's going there too. Nice to meet you, Luke."

"I'm afraid we don't have any 7.62x51mm ammo," said Tsuba. "My AK takes 7.62mm M1943, and that's not compatible. They might have some back at the motel, though. We don't have any spare rifles, I'm afraid. We don't even have enough for all of us."

"I've got the only 12 gauge in our group," chimed in Sue. "I only have a hundred shells, though. Just how low are you?"

"All of our bikes are dirt bikes," said Clarence. "The trucks can go off road too. That's how we got here. We escaped from Sidney to the south, then swung around to the west before heading back this way. You're right about mobility being the key, and we've been using hit-and-run tactics to whittle down the ones that have been chasing us, using outriders to divert them from the main pack while the rest of us shoot. It's very effective. We're not planning to hunker down here or even remain long. We were hoping to refuel our vehicles here. After that, well, apparently Warren AFB is still operational. Might try to head there, if they'll let us in. We probably wouldn't want to stay there indefinitely either. Sitting in one place is a recipe for getting eaten. Still, we've got to make sure we have enough fuel to keep moving. If we run out in the middle of nowhere, we're screwed. You're welcome to come along with us when we hit the road, Luke. We've picked up a few people along the way. Melinda you've already met, and..." He noticed Dr. Owens. "This is Dr. Dale Owens, and his boy Adrian. Doc, I thought you were going to stay at the motel and look after the survivors of that chopper crash."

"So, what's the plan?" asked Lewie.

"Some of us with rifles will stay here and start picking off those things. Anyone with a scope, for sure. That means Lewie and Colin. I'll help out too. I'd also like to send some people below to search for survivors, and for anything useful that we can salvage. Even if they're all dead down there, we may find weapons or ammo on them."

"I'm staying up here with Colin," said Joe Soarez.

"I'll go down," said Tsuba, eager to prove himself - not just to his family and friends, but to himself as well. He had to assure himself that he still had what it takes.

"Not without me, you don't," said Lisa, standing beside him.

"I'll go down too," said Sue. "My shotgun could prove useful in close quarters."

"You three be careful, now," said Clarence. "If there's any sign of trouble down there, come right back up and get us. I'd like to send more people down, but I think we're all needed to stop these critters. So, what happened here? Looks like a bomb went off."

"We will, pop," said Tsuba. He led the women into the ruins, which were littered with bodies, parts of bodies, and spent shell casings. The small section of the diner that was still standing that had used to be the liquor closet had a stairway leading below into the unknown. The others dismounted from their vehicles and took up defensive positions around the garage.

(Luke, you have five combat rounds to shoot at zombies, at half skill. If you do, first you must roll Con x 5. If you succeed, you may shoot as normal. If you fail, you will have a -5% penalty to all your Rifle rolls due to exhaustion from shooting for the last few hours. This penalty will persist until you get half an hour of uninterrupted rest, and is applied after your skill is halved.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Mr. Handy wrote:"I hope they don't start shooting each other again," said Clarence. "My wife's back there, and my boy's going there too. Nice to meet you, Luke."
"I think they've felt enough self-inflicted pain to last them a lifetime now, so I wouldn't be too worried about that." Luke remarks "Common sense eventually prevails."
Mr. Handy wrote:"I'm afraid we don't have any 7.62x51mm ammo," said Tsuba. "My AK takes 7.62mm M1943, and that's not compatible. They might have some back at the motel, though. We don't have any spare rifles, I'm afraid. We don't even have enough for all of us."
"Too bad, it's my only rifle that allows me to reach out and touch someone." he says with half a smirk "I've got enough ammo to wack another hundred of those up close and personal though, from above."
Mr. Handy wrote:"I've got the only 12 gauge in our group," chimed in Sue. "I only have a hundred shells, though. Just how low are you?"
"Not low enough to go stealing the ammo of your only gun, sweetheart."

"Anyone in your group have a .357 Magnum? I've got some spare ammo for that, but I lost my pistol."
Mr. Handy wrote:"All of our bikes are dirt bikes," said Clarence. "The trucks can go off road too.
"Then the question is if you're skillful enough and lucky enough to keep using them." Luke nods.
Mr. Handy wrote:After that, well, apparently Warren AFB is still operational. Might try to head there, if they'll let us in. We probably wouldn't want to stay there indefinitely either. Sitting in one place is a recipe for getting eaten. Still, we've got to make sure we have enough fuel to keep moving. If we run out in the middle of nowhere, we're screwed.
"I wouldn't count on them too much, if what I've seen is remotely related to how the USAF acts."
Mr. Handy wrote:You're welcome to come along with us when we hit the road, Luke. We've picked up a few people along the way. Melinda you've already met, and..." He noticed Dr. Owens. "This is Dr. Dale Owens, and his boy Adrian. Doc, I thought you were going to stay at the motel and look after the survivors of that chopper crash."
"Pleasure to meet you, people. Kind of a relief to know others have been able to think on their feet and stay alive." he says "For a while I thought that those AirFarce Rambos would be the last humans I'd see."
Mr. Handy wrote:"You three be careful, now," said Clarence. "If there's any sign of trouble down there, come right back up and get us. I'd like to send more people down, but I think we're all needed to stop these critters. So, what happened here? Looks like a bomb went off."
"C4 satchel. Present from the survivalist Neo-Nazi muffins up in the hills. Put a good amount of hurt into us, civilians." Luke explains "Their leader died here. I doubt they have any love for us."
Mr. Handy wrote:(Luke, you have five combat rounds to shoot at zombies, at half skill. If you do, first you must roll Con x 5. If you succeed, you may shoot as normal. If you fail, you will have a -5% penalty to all your Rifle rolls due to exhaustion from shooting for the last few hours. This penalty will persist until you get half an hour of uninterrupted rest, and is applied after your skill is halved.)
The hunter's shoulder and trigger finger are far too well trained to tire now.
"Now, let's get back to the turkeyshoot." Luke says as he lies down and shoulders his rifle. He only takes 3 shots, taking his time as not to waste too much ammo.

rifle (long range headshot) (1d100=68, 2d6 4=12, 1d100=62, 2d6 4=13, 1d100=58, 2d6 4=15)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Luke's three shots all missed. The zombies were almost a mile away, but he would have been able to hit them easily had they been closer.

"Well, it's not my only gun if you count my dinky little .38," called Sue.

"I've got a .357 Magnum," said Colin. "Thanks, I'd sure appreciate the extra ammo. If my buddies find an extra rifle or some ammo down there, we'll be sure to share with you." He glanced up at the garage. "So, how can we get up there?"

"I'm also glad to meet someone who knows what he's doing," said Clarence. "Not all Air Force personnel are as foolish as the ones that started shooting each other. Most of us are vets, and Lewie Newton here used to be USAF." He indicated a man with a scoped Winchester rifle.

"Oh, we had our share of dumbasses," said Lewie. "Never seen any quite that dumb, though."

"I've heard of those Nazis. They've got a compound somewhere around these parts, not far away. Glad to hear their leader bought it, but I'm sorry they caused all this destruction."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Mr. Handy wrote:"Well, it's not my only gun if you count my dinky little .38," called Sue.
"Either way, I've got enough of 12 gauge shells for now. More interesting in things with longer range. Even 12 gauge slugs will do."
Mr. Handy wrote:"I've got a .357 Magnum," said Colin. "Thanks, I'd sure appreciate the extra ammo. If my buddies find an extra rifle or some ammo down there, we'll be sure to share with you." He glanced up at the garage. "So, how can we get up there?"
"I've still got a rope and there should be a ladder around here somewhere." Luke answers "You're welcome to join me up here and I'll give you the hundred or so rounds of .357 Magnum I've got left."

"But no touching my other stuff without asking." he adds with a warning.
Mr. Handy wrote:"I'm also glad to meet someone who knows what he's doing," said Clarence.
"Well, I'm just doin' what I've done all my life, ma'am."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Clarence is male, by the way. ;) )

At the garage-
"They've got two ladders back at the motel," said Clarence. "I don't think they need 'em both. Doc, if you're going back there, maybe you can tell Keith to bring back the shorter one."

"Will do," said Dr. Dale Owens. He climbed back into his SUV and drove back towards the motel. Adrian sat in the seat beside him, rubbing his eyes.

"Thanks," Colin told Luke. He looked off into the distance. "They're still most of a mile off. Too far for me to have a decent chance of hitting for now, but at least we'll have time to get up on the roof."

"Both of you stay behind me," Tsuba told Lisa and Sue as he led the way down the stairs. "If anything happens to me, get out of here and tell the others."

The gunfire from the motel petered out and then stopped entirely.

(Luke, you may take up to five more shots if you wish.

Dr. Dale Owens and Adrian are moving back to this thread: The Siege. Wimrock, please stop reading this thread at this point.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

Luke holds off shooting a little longer and tries to relax.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

(occ- i have to get ready to go to work so if you have to update then update. i will not be albe to look at this again till late tonight. If Sheen can fire hold off and I will do that. If Colin can get to a roof with Luke and Lewie then go ahead and do that also.)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Sheen is back in The Siege, and he can fire three shots at full skill, with only the -5% penalty for a head shot. If Colin is going to attempt to get up on the garage roof now, he'll need to roll Climb. A normal failure won't cause him to be hurt, but a critical failure might. Also, you might want to look at the weapons and ammo section of the location thread. Colin's rifle is currently empty, so he may want to reload instead. Once someone brings back a ladder from the motel, he'll be able to climb to the roof of the garage without rolling. I'll wait until you've posted in both threads before I update Through.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”