Page 1 of 1

IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 2:37 PM Central Time - Airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
On the elevator-
The elevator slid downwards, and a terrible explosion shook the tower. Erica was filled with panic as Gardner held her tightly about the waist with one arm and pressed the barrel of his gun to her head. "See what happens when you don't cooperate?" he growled at her.

A sense of serenity washed over Erica. Whatever happens, she thought, I must get through this, for Stephanie's sake. Poor Stephanie...

Gardner didn't feel much about the atrocity he had just committed. Serves them right, he thought. They're not the first I've killed, and they won't be the last. The elevator stopped on the third floor, and the doors opened to an empty stairwell.

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears)

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:40 am
by Mr. Handy
On the elevator-
Gardner pressed the button for five, and the elevator began to rise again. He holstered and buttoned up his pistol, then readied his M-16, keeping Erica in front of him.

"Medic! She´s hurt bad!" called Kathryn from the fifth floor. Gardner heard some more chatter over the radio, but not much else.

Then the doors slid open, and they could both see Kathryn kneeling over the bodies of the three Nebraska State Troopers. She was trying to save the life of the female sergeant, but the woman bled to death.

Gardner pointed his M-16 at Kathryn. "Get in the elevator right this second, and keep your hands up and your mouth shut, or you can join them."

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:04 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat searches if there is a weapon nearby she can grab before she turns to the elevator.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
(The dead cops had weapons on them, but most of them are ruined. Rick had a .357 Magnum and a combat knife, but both have been wrecked by the blast. Diane had a Mossberg shotgun, a nightstick, and pepper spray, but they were destroyed too. Bo also had a Mossberg shotgun and a .444 Marlin rifle. The shotgun might work, but you won't know for sure until and unless you try to fire it. The Marlin is wrecked. He also had a nightstick, which while very badly damaged could still be used. His pepper spray is ruined.

The problem with grabbing a weapon is that Gardner would see you do it since the only weapons left are too big to conceal, and he would get to shoot you before you had a chance to use it. You do still have the stapler, which he hasn't found yet, but even a cursory search would discover it.)

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Roger!)
Kat rises and gets into the elevator, ready for a ride. Her top is bloody from the aid attempt of the female officer.

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the elevator-
Gardner stepped aside to allow Kathryn to walk past, then stepped back to block the elevator doors, keeping his weapon trained on her at all times. He failed to notice the stapler as she went by. "Good," he said, "now face the wall, put your arms behind your back, and interlace your fingers."

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:15 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat obeys and stands still in the elevator.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:46 am
by Mr. Handy
On the elevator-
Erica stood beside Kathryn and faced the wall too. Gardner took out his duct tape and lashed Kathryn's wrists tightly together behind her back, just as he had done to Erica earlier. He tore off a small strip of tape and sealed Kathryn's mouth with it before putting the roll away. Then he pushed the button for 3 and the elevator started to descend again.

Gardner started to calm down now that Kathryn was being more cooperative, though he didn't lower his guard in the slightest. "I'm sorry I got so angry," he said. "I really like you, Kathryn, but these stunts you keep pulling are screwing everything up - though other people share the blame there too. The plan was very simple, and we were supposed to get the helicopter without anyone getting killed. We can still get out of this place, but you'll have to do exactly what I say or more people will get hurt. Don't even think about trying to wriggle your arms loose." He stepped up close behind her and gently touched her cheek, breathing heavily on the back of her neck. "Once we reach a safe place, we'll get you cleaned off and find you some new clothes." The elevator reached the third floor, and the doors slid open. "Okay, we're going out onto the landing and down the stairs, but you girls be as quiet as you can and don't get more than a couple steps ahead of me. Let's move."

(Kathryn, roll Listen.)

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:13 pm
by Dave Syrinx
In the elevator -Third floor-

As she steps a few inches out of the elevator Kat noticed a sound...
Back in the chains again...but this dope actually thinks he´s going to get his way with both of us!

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the stairs-
Kathryn heard the whine of the helicopter's engine starting up, muffled by the concrete walls of the building and central shaft. Erica walked beside her, her face stricken with shock and fear. She did not seem to have heard anything. Gardner did not appear to take any notice either. He followed the women out of the elevator, pressing the button for B on his way out. The doors slid closed and the elevator began to descend. "Start going down," he whispered, motioning with the barrel of his M-16.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:25 pm
by Dave Syrinx
On the stairs-

Not being able to voice the heard sound Kathryn stops in her tracks, locks eyes with Gardner, swiftly angles her pupils at the wall and up. Then quickly back to Gardner´s eyes. While doing so she makes a circling gesture with her tied hands behind her back.

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:55 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the stairs-
Gardner got the message. "Then we'd better hurry," he whispered. "Keep moving."

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx
On the stairs-

Allowed to speed up the steps Kat hurries down the stairs.

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy
On the stairs-
Erica hurried down the stairs alongside Kathryn. Gardner had no problem keeping up and was right behind them. The elevator reached the basement and stopped. When they reached the second floor landing, he took hold of Kathryn's arm with one hand. "Hold on a second," he whispered, trying to hear what was going on below.

(Kathryn, roll Listen.)

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:04 pm
by Dave Syrinx
The voice of Gardner made her neck crawl, making her of what was going on downstairs. unaware Kat stops as instructed.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:04 am
by Mr. Handy
On the stairs-
Gardner couldn't hear anything below either, nor could Erica. Gardner pulled the fire alarm, and it began to ring loudly again. "That chopper better not take off without me," he said over the radio. "Otherwise something very bad will happen to the girls." He then whispered to Kathryn and Erica, breathing heavily down their necks. "Don't worry, if you behave yourselves and do as I say nobody needs to get hurt. Now start moving, but stop halfway down." He spoke into the radio again. "If you're so brave, why don't you come find me, you filthy traitor?"

Gardner paused, then replied: "Don't throw around accusations you can't prove. I haven't harmed the ladies...yet. And you're a kidnapper too, remember? If you leave in that chopper, I'll have nothing left to lose. I'm not going to walk into a deathtrap. You need to come to me - before it's too late." He covered the microphone and turned to Erica. "Scream into the mic - or I'll give you a reason to." He held it in front of her mouth, and she gave a muffled scream, her terror genuine.

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy
On the stairs-
Gardner couldn't hear anything over the alarm, and Erica couldn't either. After waiting a short while he nodded to the women. "Start going downstairs," he said. "When we get to the ground floor, I'll make sure the lobby is clear. Then you'll both cross the lobby and stand right outside the front door. I'll be close behind you. Start moving."

(Kathryn, roll Listen at half skill due to the fire alarm.)

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:43 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Nah, not listening... http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1574923/)
Down the stairs, to the lobby-
McCoy starts to reply to Gardner as she walks across the lobby to the door. "I have a program on my laptop upstairs that will reverse the fuel flow on the heli...can it be of use if we get it working?"

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:35 am
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
With the duct tape sealing her mouth shut, Kathryn's speech was muffled and unintelligible. "We'll talk later when we're in the helicopter," said Gardner as he reached the ground floor landing and peeked out the stairwell door. He patted her shoulder. "We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other then, but there's none to waste now. Lobby's clear, so start heading for the front door. I'll be right behind you." He held his M-16 ready.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:34 am
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
As Gardner marched Erica and Kathryn across the lobby, they could see the helicopter outside on the helipad, about twenty yards past the door. Two women were in the rear bench seat, and a big man in a flight suit, Dr. Bernard Smith, and Lucy Armstrong stood near it. The big man saw them too and got into the pilot's seat, while Lucy got into the co-pilot's seat and Dr. Smith got into the back with the two women. They all closed their doors.

"Quickly," hissed Gardner. He moved his hostages forward to the front door, standing just inside it and aiming his M-16 at Kathryn's back. "Shut down that chopper now!" he called. "Then throw out your weapons and step out with your hands up! If you take off, she dies!"

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 am
by Dave Syrinx
(Not much to do here...gagged, bound and at point blank range! 20 holes in the back. No thanks!)
Kathryn tries to come up with anything to get her out of this futile situation.

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Actually, the M-16 has a burst limiter that can fire at most 3 rounds in a burst, but that would still be plenty.

Roll Psychology, and if that fails roll Idea.)

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:45 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Being totally shaken and not paying attention Kat struggles to find a wayout...

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
Kathryn realized that Gardner had had a number of chances to kill her. He hadn't done it yet, no doubt because he so obviously desired her, but she knew that if she pushed him too far he could shoot her anyway. A police car was stopped in front of the tower doors with the keys in the ignition, the doors unlocked, and the engine running - perhaps the State Troopers had used it to approach the tower. It didn't do her any good at the moment, however, as with her arms bound she could not even open the doors, and Gardner would see if she tried to slip her bonds again. There didn't seem to be anything she could do at the moment besides bide her time and hope for the best, awaiting a better opportunity when he would let his guard down. If she tried something now, he'd kill her for sure. If she waited and the helicopter took off, there was a good chance he'd let her live anyway.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
Gardner held up his left hand and showed his wristwatch to the people in the helicopter. "You've got thirty seconds!" he barked angrily. Then he gripped his M-16 in both hands and pressed the barrel to the back of Kathryn's skull.

Erica made eye contact with the pilot, then looked up at the sky. She nodded slowly, tears in her eyes. Come on, get out of here already! she thought. It doesn't matter what happens to us, just save yourselves...save Stephanie...

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:58 pm
by Dave Syrinx
In the tower lobby-
Feeling the steel on the back of her head, Kathryn calculated her chances of escaping back inside. If she folded the assault rifle would lose it´s target/resting post and if she simultaneously backed up towards Gardner and forcefully tackled him on the hip he would be unable to shoot her. The NG would be concentrated on the weeping pilot and the copter taking off. This was her moment.
(A last desperate action to get out of the scum´s reach. And where is Dawkins?)

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Gardner is still watching Kathryn closely. If she tries this now, he will get to fire at point blank range. If you're sure you want to do this, roll Dodge and also specify exactly when you want to make your move - right away, after the thirty seconds expire, as soon as the helicopter lifts off, etc.

You do not know where Dawkins is at the moment.

Before you do anything, roll Spot Hidden. The base chance is 25%.)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:42 pm
by Dave Syrinx

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
Kathryn happened to look up and out the door when Dawkins leaned over the edge of the roof and looked down before pulling back. The sniper did not appear able to see them inside the lobby from her position, however. Erica saw her too - and so did Gardner!

(If you still want to make a break for it, roll Dodge and specify the exact conditions under which you want to do so. Be absolutely sure you want to try this, since if you fail this roll he will have a chance to shoot you at point blank range and it will be almost impossible for him to miss. Your earlier Idea success tells you that this would be a very bad idea.)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:12 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Kat let´s reason set in her trembling mind..)
Do I have thirty seconds to live? Then Dawkins has thirty seconds to act to disarm her superior. Kat fakes a stumble as she makes her knees fold just a bit. Then gains her composure. She realises she would get shot if she went for her maneuver, but she had to distract Gardner somehow, ever so slightly... Kat crosses her fingers that it would not be percieved as a flight attempt.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
The helicopter's rotors slowed down, but the engine remained on and it was still idling. The pilot opened his door and stepped out, placing a pistol down on the deck. Gardner observed Kathryn's knees going wobbly and did not appear suspicious yet, though he maintained his aim at her head.

"Everyone step out of the helicopter and throw down your weapons!" ordered Gardner. "Then move well away from it! Now!" He couldn't hear anything over the alarm.

(Kathryn, roll Listen at half skill.)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:27 pm
by Dave Syrinx
As Kat gets her posture back, she can only hear the chopper. Nothimg else penetartes the thumping of the rotors...

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
Erica couldn't quite make out any other noises because of the fire alarm.

"They aren't going anywhere." the co-pilot yelled over the low whir of the rotors. "The only place this helicopter will take you is Omaha. The scientists need to get there, to stop this undead shit. You can hitch a ride, but you don't get to choose the destination."

Gardner couldn't hear anything else over the alarm and the shouting either. "This isn't a negotiation!" he called. "You're in no position to make demands, and don't even think about trying to get back in the helicopter or going for your gun. If you try anything, someone's going to die."

"Please!" shouted the blonde scientist as she typed on the laptop. "I told you before how vital it is that we reach Omaha. My earlier offer still stands. We won't tell anyone there what you've done. You...you can even sit next to me if you like."

"Nice try, blondie! You're trying to lead me into a trap, and it won't work! Now everyone get out of the chopper and throw down your weapons! You've got thirty seconds!"

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:49 pm
by Dave Syrinx
From her position at the barrel of the gun, McCoy contemplates the fact that the infected persons who had been attacking the tower might return. Maybe they already had...There had been gunshots but everyone seemed to be alive and kicking. Except the cops in the stairway.
We´d need Gardner and his troops if they attack again, but this commander was thinking with the wrong head! Hoping for Dawkins to show her true colours, Kat holds her breath awaiting trace splatter.

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
"Might I inquire then who you intend to have to fly this thing?" Bob said loudly over the low whir of the rotors. "We're all dead meat if we don't get this information to Omaha, so if I kick the bucket here or get gnawed up by some undead after I run out of ammo, it's all the fucking same to me. Look, you want out? Okay, we offered you an opportunity. Grab it...before you do something you'll regret."

"I don't believe for a second that you can stop what's going on," said Gardner. "You're just trying to save your own necks. Erica here is going to fly the chopper for me. Now you have five seconds left. Four. Three."

"Erica? I suspect you have only a tiny chance of her willing to cooperate if you plug me and the passengers of the helicopter full of holes, my friend. You know how stubborn women get. And she's an especially willful specimen at that."

"Oh, she'll cooperate," said Gardner. "She knows what will happen if she doesn't. And your time's up." He suddenly jerked the barrel of his rifle to the right so that it was pointing directly at Bob and fired over Kathryn's shoulder. The bullet struck Bob between the eyes and he fell, slain almost instantly. His last conscious thought was that he should have taken off when he had the chance.

"Mmm!" shouted Erica through the duct tape covering her mouth. She kept her wits about her and tried to kck Gardner in the groin, but she just barely missed.

"Everyone get out and drop your weapons NOW!" yelled Gardner. "Otherwise, someone else will die!" He began to twitch and lose control. He knew he had nothing left to lose at this point, and there was no telling what he'd do.

"Bob!" cried the blonde scientist, tears forming at the corners of her eyes. "Now we really can't take off without Erica." She pressed the button to save her work as the other passengers opened their doors and climbed out. Then she closed the laptop, followed the female doctor with an arm in a sling outside, and handed it to her. She placed her Grease gun down on the tarmac. On the other side of the chopper, Lucy put down her M-16 and Dr. Smith laid down his Ruger P-85 beside it.

The lady doctor knelt over Bob and took his pulse with her good hand. "I'm sorry, Stephanie," she said to the blonde. "He's gone." The doctor broke down crying, but only briefly. Stephanie remained steadfast as always. Dr. Smith, though saddened, did not give in to despair. Lucy was deeply affected, shuddering in terror.

(Kathryn, roll Sanity for seeing Bob killed. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you do not go temporarily insane, you may act.)

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:37 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat sees Bob go down and calmly thinks, Glad someone else caught that one...the ears still ringing she tries to kickone of his kneecap before the next shot - the NG would surely kill off everyone not needed for the chopper to operate.
(rolls for evading and escaping!?)

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
Suddenly Dawkins swung through the shattered tower doors on a rope and harness as she drew her pistol. Gardner instinctively opened up on Dawkins with a three round burst that was deadly accurate. All three bullets hit her: one in the right arm, one in the chest, and one in the gut. They cut through her body armor like it wasn't even there. She was dead before she hit the ground, landing flat on her back in the doorway.

As shocked as Erica was, she still retained her faculties. She seemed to hear something, and she made a hasty decision. After having seen Gardner slaughter five tough, well-armed people without breaking a sweat, she didn't feel there was any hope of defeating him even if anyone else came to their aid. Gambling that he wouldn't kill her because he still needed her to fly the helicopter, she made her move. She nudged Kathryn and inclined her head towards the stairwell door, then took off in the opposite direction. She ran out the front door, around the police car, and across the tarmac as fast as her legs would carry her towards the chopper. Dr. Smith rushed out to meet her while the women grabbed their weapons and piled into the helicopter.

Gardner didn't hear a thing, but reacted quickly. "Get your ass back here!" he shouted, moving to grab Kathryn by the arm and pull her outside. She had no clue how he might react to any further resistance or attempts to escape on her part.

(Kathryn, roll Sanity. The Sanity loss for seeing Dawkins killed is also 0/1d6. Also, roll Listen at half skill. If you do not go temporarily insane, you may act.)

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Figuring it follows the principle of everything´s damnability, Dawkins got punched out....McCoy thinks, "I need to react NOW!" She hears something from the door behind them as Erica makes her move.
[. . . ] moving to grab Kathryn by the arm and pull her outside.
(I guess Kat´s move comes brefore he grabs her...)
As she starts to follow the running pilot throught the doorway - intending to head stright to the right, staying out of the line of fire.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:30 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the tower lobby-
Shortly before Dawkins had swung in, Kathryn had heard something thump against the wall to the right of the front doors. She could now clearly hear two pairs of booted footsteps on the stairwell below. They seemed to be on their way up in a hurry. She also heard Flynn say "Shit! Now what?" from downstairs, so he was obviously one of the two people down in the basement. This was followed by Alvarez saying "Flynn, be careful. Let's go to where we can see the doors but still get cover. Also shoot to kill the fucker. My guess is he is killing everyone up there."

(Yes, Kathryn gets a free move now while Gardner used his action to shoot Dawkins, so she has a headstart. Let me know if what you've just heard changes your action. You wanted to head out the front doors and then turn right, correct? If you go outside, roll Spot Hidden. The base level is 25%.)

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:22 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat scans the yard as she lunges out of the double doors... not paying attention, just fleeing! As she gets her legs thumping like pistons she hopes Gardner had been as sloppy as last time he´d tied her up with that M*g duct tape.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Erica Spears is moving to this thread: Destination Omaha.

Kathryn remains in the current thread.)

Outside the tower-
Kathryn ran out of the tower's front door a little behind Erica, but instead of running for the chopper, she ran north around the side of the tower to get out of Gardner's line of fire.

Dr. Smith used his scalpel to slice off the duct tape binding Erica's wrists. "Come on!" he yelled, running back to the chopper. Erica peeled off the tape over her mouth as she ran, passing him and leaping into the pilot's seat, then slamming the door behind her. Dr. Smith scooped up the pistol he had dropped and scurried into the rightmost rear seat. Erica had already lifted off a few inches from the ground by the time he was inside. He closed his door as she rose higher still.

Gardner pursued Kathryn outside, but he was too late to prevent the helicopter from taking off. He no longer had a hostage in his possession, and even if he had, he knew that Erica would take off anyway and the chopper would still be lost to him. Gritting his teeth in frustration, he turned to the police cruiser parked just outside the front door and jumped behind the wheel. He drove after Kathryn, slinging the M-16 on his back and drawing his pistol. He pulled in front of her, cutting off her escape on the north side of the tower. Then he opened his door and pointed the gun at her. "Hold it right there!" he demanded.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:53 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Still being gagged, she looks at the persistent NG, standing entirely still.
"What now, a trip to mowhere? " A tune by The Talking Heads comes to Kat´s mind.

(I might have leverage if the laptop can get to the chopper by some satelite link or something... The plan is to get Gardner to see the possible use of her. Besides the obvious in his mind!)

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:03 pm
by Mr. Handy
(The laptop is on the second floor landing of the tower stairwell. Kathryn can't talk to Gardner while gagged, he has no intention of going back in there, and even if he did the chopper would be long gone by the time he could retrieve it. Whether or not the laptop could link to the chopper, she could always bluff and claim it can - if she could talk.)

Outside the tower-
"You sure are a handful," said Gardner, hopping out of the car and approaching Kathryn. "I think you're worth it, though." He opened the rear door with his free hand while keeping his pistol trained on her. Then he took her by the arm and dragged her over, gesturing to the back seat. "Get in."

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat crawls into the couch of the back seat and waits for the NG to untie her.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the tower-
The rear seat of the police car was designed for transporting prisoners. The glass on the rear windshield and the windows was all reinforced. There was also a similar glass barrier between the front and rear compartments that was further backed up by a wire mesh. There was nothing of note in the back of the car, though the seat was comfortable enough. Gardner secured Kathryn's seatbelt. Instead of untying her, he simply shut the back door and locked it. Then he circled around to the other side and locked that door too. Unlike ordinary cars, the back doors in police cruisers could only be locked and unlocked from the outside, not the inside. Kathryn realized with growing dread that she was now trapped.

Gardner got in the driver's seat, closed his door, buckled himself in, and pulled out. He drove around to the east side of the tower and sped south, picking up speed as he went. The helicopter roared past overhead, moving east beyond the tower and receding into the distance until it was no longer visible. The road they were on went alongside one of the runways, and soon it turned into the main road leading south and away from the airfield.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:24 am
by Dave Syrinx
"OK, I´m trapped real good here, but I´m also quite protected from stray bullets, should there be a pursuit by the guys in the basement..." Kat tries to wriggle her hands free using the buckle in the couch to aid her. -Ignoring any pain - she really has to gain some mobility and get rid of that gag!
They had to be a team if they should get through this - even if she had to be a concubine to this mad soldier.

(She still has the stapler and the camera, right? While trying to get free from the duct tape, she scanned the front seat for weapons. She deducts there´s probably a shotgun benath the passenger seat ...)

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the police cruiser-
Kathryn could see the holder for the shotgun between the two front seats, but the shotgun was no longer present. Perhaps that was the shotgun the female police sergeant had been holding.

(Kathryn, to try to get your arms free of the duct tape, make a Dex x 1 roll on 1d100. Yes, you still have both the stapler and the camera.)

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:16 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Unable to get the duct tape off, Kat tries to get the gag off by rubbing her face at the window dividers.

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Kathryn can't reach the divider while she's strapped in, and even if she could that would still require a Dex x 1 roll, but if she can get her hands free it will be trivial to remove the duct tape from her mouth.)

In the police cruiser-
As Gardner drove away south on the road at high speed, he looked out the window as the helicopter vanished from view. Damn that Erica bitch! he thought. I was so close, and she ruined everything. If I ever see her again... He glanced in the rear view mirror and was pleased to see that there was no pursuit in sight. He eyed Kathryn in the mirror as she squirmed, but he didn't see what she was trying to do.

"Just relax, Kathryn," he said. "As much as I've enjoyed chasing you around, all these stunts you keep pulling are starting to get annoying. You're not going to escape, and nobody is going to rescue you, so you might as well give up thinking about it and accept the situation. There's nothing you can do, so just lean back and enjoy the ride."

(Kathryn, roll Dex x 1 again if you want to keep trying to free yourself.)

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:26 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Knowing Gardner can´t ge to her through the protective glass, she made another attempt to get free - to no avail.

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the police cruiser-
Gardner drove onwards, and soon the road came to an end at a T-junction with another road heading east and west. The eastbound lane, to the left, went on for a few miles before another road led north towards the suburbs of Kearney. Kathryn had gone that way every day during her commute to and from work. The westbound lane, on the right, led only to back roads and farm country as far as she knew. Gardner swung around the corner and turned right, taking her away from everything she knew and towards an unknown and terrifying fate.

(Kathryn, you may make two more Dex x 1 rolls now to try to get your arms free.)

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:07 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Deliverance II "Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding ding-ding-dong.")
Kat curses under the tape as she is unable to get free!

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the police cruiser-
Gardner drove on for a couple more miles, across empty and featureless flat land. Soon he reached a crossroads, where a road leading north and south intersected this one. It was completely deserted, with nothing in either direction as far as they eye can see. He zoomed through the intersection without even slowing down. Now that some time had passed and he'd had a chance to cool off, he seemed to be calming down somewhat. "I'm sorry about everything that happened back there at the airfield, Kathryn," he said. "It was never my plan for anyone to die. I just wanted to survive, and that helicopter was my ticket out of that deathtrap. But we're not licked yet. We'll get through this, both of us."

(Kathryn, you may roll Dex x 1 once more.)

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:11 pm
by Dave Syrinx
The calmer, yet still menacing, voice of Gardner almost sounds pleasant as she manages to get her tied up hands to loosen up a bit. Her eyes remain concentrated on the rearview mirror as Gardner meets her gaze. She tries to smile...

Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:41 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the police cruiser-
After much wriggling and squirming, Kathryn finally managed to free her arms from the duct tape. Gardner couldn't see that they were free, as her arms were still behind her back. He couldn't see her smile, either, as duct tape still covered her mouth, but his eyes met hers in the rear view mirror and he saw the warmth in them. He grinned at her in turn.

About a mile beyond the intersection, Gardner was driving past a farm that was on the left side of the road, one of the closest to the airfield. A dirt road a short distance ahead branched off to the left towards a one-story farmhouse about a hundred yards back from the road, and beyond that a barn. The ranch house had a garage attached on the right hand side. The garage door had been left wide open, and there were no vehicles or people visible inside. The paved road continued straight past the farm.

(Okay, Laraqua, you're in the driver's seat. Post when ready, and have fun!)

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:33 am
by Laraqua
Gardner glances over at the farm for a long moment, wishing he could just pull over and borrow the kitchen for a little while. Maybe try to do this properly. True, Kathryn hardly deserved it, but few women could resist his culinary skills. The ... earlier moment together was exciting, sure, but he wanted to see Kathryn want it. He smiled as he drove past the farm a little ways, moving to where the road is clearer on either side, before pulling over. Leaving the engine idling, he opens the door and pees out the gap. At least this way he'd get the best of both worlds. Once a woman was willing, he could never bring himself to force them - largely because the boredom would set in and they'd soon seem to not be worth the effort, although he'd always wondered what it'd be like to watch them struggle. Now he was sufficiently aroused by this girl, a pussy worth chasing, he could later have her wanting. Best of all, she excited him on so many levels that he thought that, maybe, seeing how things pan out, he might even consider making an honest woman out of her. After all, she was no easy lay, and she was hot as hell. Finally make his mother proud, if she were still alive. Finally settle down, have a few kids, once this was all over.

OOC: When was the last time I ate? Slept? What's my equipment look like? Am I thirsty?

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:02 pm
by Dave Syrinx
On the road-
In the police cruiser-

Seeing the change in Gardner´s demeanor Kat got her right hand out and ripped off the tape covering her mouth. "Hey, Gardner, honey! You´re not going to head out here without cover, are you? I´m pretty good with a sidearm. Better to have four eyes than two with all these infected people running around."
My coolness under fire and the fact I´m not prone to go hysterical with all the good guys biting the grass, must convince him I´m not going to break down. I better stick with this NG as my protector and Democles sword.
"You really need to brush up on your tying skill, you wanted me to get free, right? Let´s check this site is free of hostiles, then we can access the farm."

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:06 pm
by Laraqua
Gardner looked over at her and arched one eyebrow, smirking at the idea that she should be trusted with a sidearm just yet. "I'd say there was no point tying you up but you look so damn fine gagged and tied, that I'd be lying." He looked over at the farm yard. He wasn't keen on being in cramped confines with potential zombies but he'd managed to front up to a sizable number of armed forces without taking any damage. He tried to gauge how far away, time-wise, before they'd reach their destination. He also looked up at the sky to try and guesstimate how much time before nightfall. "Gimme a second." He double-checked the grille separating them was secure before making a search of the vehicle - turning off the car to conserve fuel. He wanted to know if there was any food, water, any other gear in the vehicle. There should be road flares and a flashlight in the boot at least. There might be doughnuts or some-such in the glove compartment.

"While I check this car out, honey, you wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for the monsters? Wouldn't want me getting eaten before you get freed, right?" As he went, he decided to make a little idle chit chat. The noise would hopefully alert any nearby zombies, meaning he'd get to know if there were any around. "Anyway, why'd a cute girl like you end up in that dead end job back there, anyhow? Woulda figured you could get whatever job you wanted by batting those pretty little eyes of yours."

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:30 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner looked inside the glove compartment. Since the police cruiser was a Highway Patrol vehicle, there were very detailed and up-to-date road maps of the entire state of Nebraska inside. Unfortunately, there were no maps for other states. He also found a pair of handcuffs and a key to go with it. He couldn't help but think of the fun he could have with Kathryn using them. In the trunk of the car were a spare tire, a toolbox, road flares, and a flashlight. There was no food in the car other than what he carried.

The road remained as deserted as it had been. There was no sign of any zombies anywhere nearby, nor were any other vehicles around.

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:01 pm
by Dave Syrinx
On the road-

Kat unbuckles and checks the rear window to spot hostiles outside. "I try to get some references so I can get a position at a more up to date airport. Besides one meet all kinds of people at a place like this." The last bit sounds sarcastic... McCoy gets out the digital and uses the zoom to get a better view of the surroundings.
Besides the memory chip, this is all its good for...

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Kathryn could see no movement in any direction, and the only thing of interest in the area was the farm, which looked deserted.

After reviewing the maps, Gardner considered the time factor. Warren AFB was about 240 miles to the west, close to Cheyenne, Wyoming. The maps wouldn't help much once he reached the Wyoming border, but by then he'd be almost there. The only problem would be getting around Cheyenne itself, which was no doubt overrun by the dead. At 60 miles per hour, he could make it there in four hours. Since western Nebraska and Wyoming were on Mountain time rather than Central, that would actually gain him an hour, so if he didn't make any stops he could reach it by 6:00 PM. Sunset was about 7:00 PM, so he had some time to spare.

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:44 pm
by Laraqua
Gardner can think of several uses for the digital camera... He shakes his head to clear it, albeit temporarily, of the dirty thoughts in his head. He transfers everything from the trunk to the passenger seat (OOC: I have WoD: Police, and WoD: Armoury and one of those has the details of what police cars contain in America, could I post that to you and you can remove anything previously used/taken and then re-submit? Coz those cars contain a lot if I remember rightly - can't check that until Monday, though). Gardner removes one of his MREs and sighs. "Move to the far end of your seat and face the other window with your knees tucked up against your chest and give them a hug. You do that and I'll give you something to eat. Screw the farm. That's just gonna get us killed. Sooner we get to Warren, the better."

The thought of Warren taking out those who approached dwelled on his mind. The helicopter people seemed pretty keen on the idea. While he didn't believe them, that didn't mean they didn't believe it. "Any idea how we might be able to get to communicate with Warren a bit earlier? Y'know, without losing too much time?" He hesitates. "Make sure they're still untaken by zombies?" he adds rapidly, trying to remove any suspicion that he was now taking the others warnings to heart.

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
(That works for me. That would be a much more complete list than what I could think of off the top of my head. Just send me the list of stuff that should be there when you get around to it. Also, Gardner and Kathryn should roll Idea about ways to communicate. You might want to read the last few pages of Chapter 2 if you haven't already, or review them if you have. There were conversations over the radio between the helicopter and Gardner and Kathryn before they arrived at the airfield.)

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:19 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"I left all com units at the tower, I was kind of tied up... Maybe there´s some device on the farm to call in help on?" while she talks she faces the other end of the couch and complies with the instructions. She contemplates the communications options for a while...."We could..."

Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:40 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Kathryn realized that there probably wouldn't be any useful communications equipment on the farm, unless someone there was a ham radio operator and had a shortwave. She did remember something from when she was in the tower monitoring the radio traffic in the late morning and early afternoon. There had been some mention by aircraft belonging to the USAF of a forward position that Warren AFB had established east of the actual base, in southwestern Nebraska. It was apparently at a truck stop located off of I-80, about halfway between Kimball and Sidney. If there were personnel from Warren stationed there, perhaps they knew of a way to get back on the base or communicate with it. It would take about three hours to drive there from here, maybe a little more, and it was on the way to Warren anyway.

(I'll still need an Idea roll from Gardner, as he may think of something else that Kathryn isn't aware of.)

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:56 am
by Dave Syrinx
"..reach one of the USAF recon crafts in South Nebraska. I heard of a forward observing detail stationed there. Would save us a few hours at least. They might know of proper protocol to reach WAFB." Kat adjusts her blooded shirt so it covers her assets better.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:55 am
by Laraqua
After Gardner loads the equipment from the trunk onto the passenger seat, he then opens the back door, and drops off the emergency blankets (she looked cold), two gallons of water, and an MRE, while he considered the various possibilities.

The equipment on the passenger seat includes: a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit, road flares and hazard markers, five gallons of water, crime scene tape, tyre rippers, a crowbar, a lug wrench, a folding shovel, rain gear, and a radar or laser-speed gun. He leaves the evidence collection and drug identification kits in the trunk.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:28 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat wraps one blanket around the shoulders and gets some energy from the water and the ration. "...thanks!"

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:27 am
by Laraqua
Gardner heads off, musing to himself. "Say, don't suppose you know what's up ahead on this here road?"

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 am
by Dave Syrinx
"No, I don´t go this way normally. No help here!"

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner drove onwards after locking Kathryn in the rear compartment again. About a mile beyond the farm, he could see an overpass ahead. A north-south highway, which he could identify on the maps as Route 183, was about ten feet above the road they were currently on. Route 183 went north to the town of Holdrege and south towards the Kansas border. There were no ramps nearby from which to gain access to Route 183 from this road. The road continued on to the west through an underpass beneath the highway. Though it was mid-afternoon and there was still plenty of sunlight, much of the underpass was shadowed and dim.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:12 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Corporal Gardner! What if there´s a road block benaeath that overpass? You better be prepared to do some serious evasive driving and slam the brakes to get us out of there...but then again it might be nothing." Kat flicks the night shot adjuster on the digital to split the shadows into shades of grey and white. "Hold on I´ll see what I can make out of this..."

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Using her digital camera, Kathryn could tell that the underpass was clear.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:24 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"There is no threat under the overpass, beware of the above, though... Keep top speed if someone - something tries to throw something to knock out the car."
Lets get to that base in one piece - I don´t fancy walking the road being chased by infected guys. "And will you please release that safety lock on the rear doors? I would like to get out if there is an accident!"

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:27 am
by Laraqua
"One more hour and then I'll let you sit up front," says Gardner thoughtfully. "Keep an eye on the top of the overpass." He'll drive quickly under the pass, then - if nothing happens - stop the car and reach for the spike trap.

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner drove through the underpass and to the other side without incident. There was no movement visible on the highway overhead. He stopped on the other side and picked up the spike strip.

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:46 am
by Laraqua
Gardner can't help but smile at Kathryn as he draws out the spike strip and attempts to hide it on the underpass, doing a lackluster job of it, lurking it within the shadows, and kicking up some dust and dirt up and over it - though no more than is usually present for it. A shame there were no abandoned cars he could park halfway across it. Force the others to go around and over the spikes. Still, this would have to do. Then he gets back into the car and drives off into the distance, pausing within sight of the overpass, and those who have yet to even reach the overpass, hoping to galvanise the others into action when they see what he's done.

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat keeps an eye at the overpass as Gardner parks the cruiser out of sight from the 'tunnel'.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:28 am
by Mr. Handy
(The cruiser is actually visible from the tunnel, and even from beyond the tunnel on the other side.)

On the road-
Gardner stopped the car in his selected location and waited. A couple of minutes passed, and so far there was no movement on either the road or the overpass.

Posted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:08 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Gardner - they will spot us from miles away, shouldn´t we move these wheels out of sight and position ourselves on a ridge, then take them out as they remove the spikes or the flats?"

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:14 am
by Laraqua
Gardner looks over his shoulder at her, frowning a little.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
After a couple more minutes, both Corporal Gardner and Kathryn could see a vehicle approaching from behind. It was the flatbed truck from the airfield, and it was getting closer to the underpass from the east side.

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:00 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"OK, so we are the lure, and they are going to miss the hook, I see. Never mind my earlier comment. Just thought you wanted to be unnoticed. I´d have voted for getting to the base ASAP. But you´re the man withe the gun!" Kat fiddles with the digital camera. "Need to use the zoom to get a better look of who it is."

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Gardner, roll Spot Hidden. Remember that there is a -5% penalty due to your helmet.)

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:29 am
by Laraqua
Gardner peers ahead, straining to see what's going on around him. "I know you think I've done a hell of a lot of bad things but you should also have realised that I've also taken the biggest risks with regards to you. They're after me, remember? If you think what I did was bad, bear in mind they didn't so much as lift a finger to stop me. Hell, they didn't even request otherwise. It's only now that they think I've kept them from a helicopter ride that they suddenly care. Before then, they didn't even notice what was happening to you. They'll try and save you if they get the chance of doing so without being hurt. I'll just try and save you."

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner saw that the road was clear ahead as far as the eye could see, but it was what he saw in the rear view mirror that interested him most. He noticed Kathryn activating the flash on the digital camera. She had tried to conceal the flash from his view, but she had done so very poorly.

The truck started into the underpass, but then Flynn slammed on the brakes. However, he could not stop in time and the two front tires hit the spike strip, causing them both to be punctured. The truck came to a complete halt and both Flynn and Alvarez reached for their weapons.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"OK, I have them clear and in high resolution. Sorry about the flash, corporal - bloody small buttons on this gadget! Go for a headshot! I´ll let the camera stay on vid-record. Take careful aim..." Kat keeps the camera trained on the truck.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Flynn leaned out the window of his truck and fired a wild shot at the police cruiser, but at this range he had no hope of hitting. Alvarez pointed his M-4 out of his own window. He had a better chance of hitting at this range, but not by much.

(Gardner, you get to act before Alvarez does.)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:52 am
by Laraqua
Gardner says nothing. Let her think he believed her. He simply fires off a shot, his right foot placed on the accelerator, the engine idling. If he missed, he'd slam his foot on the accelerator, put a hand on the wheel and get the hell out of here. Let them slowly move after them if they dared. Running on flats meant they should be slow enough to be lunch for anything fast moving and hungry.

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Had the range been closer, the bullet would have hit the truck, but instead it went wide. Gardner stomped on the gas pedal and the cruiser sped off to the west, slamming Kathryn back into her seat.

(Gardner, roll Drive Auto to try to throw off Alvarez's aim. If you succeed, it will cancel out any success by him.)

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:08 am
by Laraqua
Even in this moment to stress, his foot jerks on the accelerator, his hand grasps the wheel. He's sure he's got a good chance but he can't be certain.

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat removes her face from the plastic covered back seat. It smelled like old vomit. She puts on the belt to avoid serious damage should something unfortunate happen to Gardner´s driving skill... She keeps her eyes to the road ahead to spot anything that moved in their direction.

Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
The road ahead remained clear. For whatever reason Alvarez and Flynn held their fire, though Gardner was confident they wouldn't have been able to hit the car anyway. He drove off to the west, and the truck soon vanished behind them - and with it vanished Kathryn's hopes of rescue.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:50 am
by Laraqua
"Y'know, you are a real liability, you know that?" murmurs Gardner. "Not surprising, really." He pauses for a long, shuddering moment, as though considering something not only very important -- but potentially very dangerous. Kathryn can see his eyebrows knitted together in the rear view mirror, as though whatever dark thoughts brooded there were causing all of the muscles there to tighten.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:08 am
by Dave Syrinx
"You can´t blame a girl for trying to survive. Gunpoint threats and constant killing off of people all around tend to increase the flight risk." Kat puts on a bitter face. "So shall we do it already? The couch is quite soft..." Kat drops the blanket and starts to unbutton the blooded blouse.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:44 am
by Laraqua
Gardner brakes suddenly. So quickly the two of them are thrown forward by the impact (it was a failure but not a dramatic failure so I figure that's suitable enough). "Look you little brat, I need to find someplace secluded to take you to until I can teach you to behave! It's because of you that I'm in this mess anyway! If you didn't have to flash quite so much skin I would be on the run, trying to keep us both safe, and what I've just realised is that, worse of all, I can't even go to Warren because of the stink you're going to try and throw up! I'm sure Warren would side with me over you but if there are towns up ahead that we can pause at for supplies... Well, I can't take the risk. So it looks like both you and I have got to try and brave the night in somewhere that hopefully isn't as zombie-infested as everywhere else seems to be. You got that? And if you unbutton one more goddamn thing, I swear you're not gonna be fed until the day after tomorrow..." He stares at her, seemingly on the edge of madness.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner had stopped about a mile beyond the overpass, at an intersection with a road going north and south. The road was clear in all directions, nothing but farms as far as he could see.

(Gardner, roll Idea.

There was no need to make a Drive Auto roll to stop suddenly, as there's no traffic or any other obstacles nearby. Both of you have your seatbelts on anyway.)

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:18 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat smiles at the NG losing his coolness,
the stink you're going to try and throw up!
"Less mouth more speed, yah? Get us to a place to rest then to WAFB and I´ll try to talk us in. I can say I got this vehicle after the infected taided the airfield. That is if you want to get there..."
"My priority is to stay alive, whether it´s along with your mates in the broken flatbed or with you makes no difference to me." She narrows her eyes and hisses, "You now that this vehicle probably is better than any barn you´d find. The infected won´t get in here, so let´s hide it in the brushes somewhere and sleep here."
Pulling the blanket over her chest she covers her assets and tries to get as comfortable as possible, being buckled and on plastic covers.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:09 am
by Laraqua
"Thing is, just 'cause you've had a sleep doesn't mean you won't try and put my neck on the block the moment we reach civilisation," he sneers. Still, his thoughts are a blur as he assesses his options.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Civilization? I guess you can use military jargon and justify anything you´ve done as necessary force to acomplish the goals set by your XO." She looks at him, "What a civilian might say, weighs lightly in a war situation like this."

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
The cruiser was still stopped in the intersection. The road remained clear in all directions, for now.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 am
by Laraqua
He pondered this. She had a point, of course, that wouldn't help him keep her. Still, he started the car and started driving towards Warren, still pondering.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:47 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat continues , " I could be of use if we run into other uninfected people. They might trust a blond chick over a gun slinging rogue NG... Also, I have the communications skills and I am able to repair com-units of we need to get in touch with the base." She watches the surrounding terrain as she chats.

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner drove on to the west. More farmland was visible on either side of the road. So far there was nothing of interest.

(Feel free to keep talking to each other as you drive. Let me know if there's anything in particular you're keeping an eye out for. I'll tell you if you come across anything of interest.)

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:46 am
by Laraqua
"Yeah, just what I wanna hear, people trusting you," murmurs Gardner.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:29 am
by Dave Syrinx
"I´m not trying to pretend to be your friend Gardner. I just go with the flow. And now all flow is going in your direction. So keep a look out for a place to hide the cruiser. Then we can camouflage it and get some rest. Your trusting me is no big concern as long as you keep me locked in back here...
Remember I can´t get out without your aid, right. So when I´m not sleeping I´d better wake you up if something´s about, out there. So if you start to trust a caged girlie and get some sleep we´d be better off for tomorrow, right? Less mistakes on a clear head - damn I miss my coffee! Did you find any instant caff in the trunk with the other gear, that ration was not really what I call a meal."

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:07 am
by Laraqua
"Park it down here where any onslaught of zombies can find us? Be better off in a hay loft, at least then we could control their access to us," murmurs Gardner. "As to trusting you, soon as we reach the others, that's an issue."

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:07 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Well, then you´ll have to find a loft to retreat to. I´ll manage in the car, then you´ll stay with the hay, if you wish. Guess that will save you the trouble to keep me from running off. But then again, where should I run to? Regarding the loft plan; If the infected are smart enough to wrecka a cruiser they´ll be smart enough to gain access to a hayloft. They sure as hell got the tower real good!"

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:31 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Say we get to Warren AFB, the infected will be all over the surrounding areas, what do you think will happen? Any plans yourself? Get a boat and sit it out at lake Pearson?" Kat leans closer to the divider, but keeps the belt taut.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:43 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
The cruiser sped on westwards on the deserted road for another mile. All that was visible on either side was more farmland, every so often broken up by an intersection with another road leading north and south. Gardner checked the odometer and saw that they were now about six miles west of the airfield. The truck stop with the communications post was about another 194 miles away according to the maps, and Warren was another 40 or so beyond that.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 am
by Laraqua
"Can they climb up into a loft without a ladder?" he murmured. Then, after she had finished... "A boat, huh?"

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Yes, a boat would provide visibility of incoming bad guys. And have you seen any infected driving a car, let alone a boat?" She looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:12 am
by Laraqua
"How would we even get a boat? Or get enough supplies to make it feasible?"

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:31 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Call it borrowing, or looting. -There´ll probably be loads of boats at the docks. Supplies we can swipe from the boats we pass. If we find a good ship, it will probably be stocked real good."

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:52 am
by Laraqua
"Yeah, the docks ... they won't be crawling with the dead. But if we could find a boat already out floating in the harbor, that might be okay. Well, we've got plenty of time to think on it." He tries to turn the radio on, hoping to break up the silence with music. "So, tell me about yourself. Where are you from originally?"

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:02 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Only static came from the radio, no matter what station Gardner chose. However, there were a number of CDs in the glove box. They were mostly soft rock, with a bit of jazz thrown in. More farmland whizzed by on both sides.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat studies Gardner in the rear view mirror, "I went to Art school at Utah University. Let´s listen to some music instead of talking pleasantries, OK? To be honest, I would really like to have a change of clothes - these really reeks. Were there any overalls or such in the trunk? It won´t work as a great conversation opener to greet someone in a gored blouse..."

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
There had been no clothes in the trunk, but there were surely clothes to be found on any farm, as well as a shower to wash the blood off of Kathryn's arms and belly.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:41 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"If you don´t care to trust me, park and loot a farm for some clothes and throw them in here along with a sponge and a bucket of water!" she then adds. "Please?"

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:29 am
by Laraqua
"Right now I trust you," says Gardner. "Right now, so long as I have the keys, I trust you perfectly and implicitly. After all, you can't shoot and you've no idea if any towns we're coming up on will be full of infected. So yeah, fine, sure, why not? Let's stop by a farm and get eaten by kids in some closet. Smart idea."

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat shrugs at the ironic NG in the front seat. Give me a gun, and I´ll show you some skill!, her eyes flash at him.
"Then, find us that hay loft then and let´s bunk up there with a ladder. Sounds safe enough."

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
The police car had now progressed ten miles beyond the overpass, for a total of 14 miles west of the airfield. The time was now almost 3:15 PM, which still left hours of daylight, especially considering that they were heading west.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:11 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Having failed terribly in trying to get a shot at some new clothes Kat makes do with what she has. She spits in her palms and starts to rub off the stains on her arms. She tries to see her own reflection in any of the windows to check for wounds. As she does she scans the road for upcoming farmhouses. "Maybe that one will do?" She points to the far right ahead on the road.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Try as she might, Kathryn could not clean off all the blood from her arms in this manner, and her blouse was soaked clean through. She would need a shower or a bath to wash herself thoroughly. She was relieved to see that she had no wounds.

Another mile went by, with farms on either side of the road. None of them showed any signs of life - or unlife, for that matter. However, that did not mean they were empty. Occasionally during their journey westwards they passed a farm that showed obvious signs of hasty abandonment, much like the one they had seen a mile before the overpass. The one Kathryn pointed to was one such abandoned farm.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:23 am
by Dave Syrinx
"This derelict farm house might do, right?" Kat knocks at the divider to get Gardner´s attention.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:20 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"By the way, Gardner, what were your unit doing prior to the meteor incident? Have you enough to deliver in your AAR? Obviously you were sent to the airfield to do a clean sweep. Which you succeeded in with a vengeance. No probs with that. The prior mission will of course be over shadowed but, what was it?" As she gets no response to the suggestion of stopping at the farm house she starts to examine the door for possible flaws. (not properly shut..)

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:36 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Laraqua hasn't logged on for several days. Until she does, Gardner will just keep driving west as she had indicated previously, without saying a word.)

On the road-
Gardner drove past the farm in silence and onwards for a few more miles.

The back doors were fully shut and locked from the outside. The windows were also reinforced, but they were probably the weakest part. It might be possible to batter them given enough time and effort, but Gardner would surely notice if Kathryn tried to do that. She lacked the physical strength necessary to force the door itself open.

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:18 am
by Dave Syrinx
While the cruiser speeds through the landscape, Kat records a sound file stating the last hours events - in case she´d not make it to the base. "Earlier today, a strange thing happened when I was at my shift in the control tower...//...The National Guard turned up...//...Their commander died...//...Corporal Gardner took command..//...Speeding towards WAFB...//...This is Tower Control, Kathryn McCoy reporting." Then she press the voice record button again and tries to get some rest.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Gardner concentrated on the road ahead, which was still clear. He drove on for several more miles. They were now almost 30 miles west of the airfield, with a little over 170 to go before they would reach the truck stop.

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 am
by Laraqua
Gardner listens for any 'unfortunate' clues she may have left on the tape recorder to his actions. Then he pauses and starts scanning the road-side for farm houses. The last thing he wanted to do was wander through the cramped confines of a house like zombie-bait but he couldn't take her anywhere just yet. The barn idea was a good one, yet deeply uncomfortable, and he had the feeling that - maybe, just maybe - if they kept quiet and didn't give away their position, the zombies wouldn't find them. After all, those things weren't organized enough to do a sweep of the area, now were they?

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:43 am
by Dave Syrinx
(Nothing but a brief outline of the events at the airfield was recorded on the voice recorder.)

Kat looks up from her slumber and says, "Hey, so what´s the plan? I recorded some INTEL on the goings on at the airfield, should the events turn ugly.."

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
About a mile further down the road, Gardner saw a small farm on the right side that looked like it had been vacated in a hurry. The garage door stood open invitingly, and the garage was empty. There was no sign of anyone around, whether alive or undead. This farm also had a barn some distance behind the house. It was currently around 3:30 PM, so there was still plenty of daylight left.

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:00 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Why don´t we drive over to the barn and get it secured? Then we can check the house later, when we have had it under surveillance for a few hours." She looks hopefully at Gardner.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 am
by Mr. Handy
(Laraqua logged onto the board briefly last night, but didn't post here. I'll NPC Gardner for now until she gets back and try to have him carry out her stated intentions. By the way, I edited one of the posts above to reflect that the truck stop is 170 miles west, not 150.)

"We don't have time to sit for hours and watch a house that might be empty," Gardner said, driving slightly past the dirt driveway and then shifting into reverse and turning backwards onto it. He backed slowly towards the open garage so that he could pull out in a hurry if necessary. "I think I'll do a sweep and make sure it's clear. Just keep quiet until we know for certain." He stopped the car inside the garage and shut off the engine to keep the noise down. The connecting door to the house had been left as wide open as the garage door, implying that the residents had fled in a hurry.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:21 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Good to hear you got a new CPU!)
"Watch out for unfriendlies, it might be a honey-trap. Look it´s harmless....Not! Keep ypur aim at waist-level!" As Gardner goes checking the coast, Kat looks at the driveway for tracks.

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:28 am
by Mr. Handy
(Thanks!)

In the garage-
"Don't worry, darling," said Gardner, "I'll be fine. This is not my first barbecue. Just keep the noise level down as a precaution." He pocketed the keys and got out of the car, then readied his M-16 and moved cautiously towards the door to the house. He could see a large living room on the other side. Nobody was in it, hostile or otherwise.

Kathryn could see the police car's own tracks easily enough. She tried to make out any other tracks on the driveway.

(Kathryn, roll Spot Hidden. The base level is 25%.)

Gardner walked through the door and into the living room. The front door was in the middle of the left wall, still closed and locked with the chain on. The living room contained a couch, chairs, and a TV set. An archway in the right wall, close to the garage, led to a dining room and kitchen area that were also deserted. There was another door on the right wall towards the back of the living room.

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:05 am
by Dave Syrinx
McCoy tries to distinguish other tracks but the fresh ones make it impossible. She keeps a watchful eye at the door Gardner entered...

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
"Looks good so far," said Gardner. "I'm going to check out the rest of the house now. Don't go anywhere," he added with a smirk.

Gardner walked into the dining room and kitchen first. Everything looked normal, though the dirty dishes left on the table suggested that the owners of the house had in fact left in a hurry. The back door led out from the kitchen to the area between the house and the barn, and it was locked as well. He took a peek out the window and saw no movement behind the house. A smaller interior door led to a pantry, which he found was stocked with a decent amount of food when he cautiously opened it. He shut the pantry door, then checked the fridge and freezer. More food was inside, and the power was still on. He tried the sink, and the water that came out looked clear and fresh. Nodding to himself, he headed back towards the living room and the interior door on the far end.

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:55 am
by Dave Syrinx
(I assume Kat has some visibilty of Anthony´s rumaging...)
Kat watches as the NG comes in her line of sight at times. Deciding against trying to kick out the side window. Besides it looked too thick for her to manage in the short period of time. Instead she fiddles with the stapler to unscrew some of the interior fittings of possible. There might be something useful hidden under the carpet or the seat...

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy
(Kathryn can see him from time to time as he walks through the living room, but the other rooms are all out of her line of sight.)

In the garage-
Kathryn's search of the rear compartment turned up nothing. It was designed to hold prisoners, so there wouldn't normally be anything stored back there where a prisoner could reach it anyway, and the police hadn't left anything behind back there either. As soon as Gardner went through the interior door and out of the living room, she took out the stapler and started trying to dismantle it.

(Kathryn, roll Mechanical Repair. The base skill is 20%. Also, roll Listen.)

In the bedroom-
Gardner opened the door from the living room and peeked inside, covering the room with his M-16. His precaution turned out to be unnecessary, as the bedroom beyond the door was as empty as the rest of the house. He stepped inside and took a better look around. There was a king-sized bed at the back of the room between two nightstands. On the right side of the room was a narrow hall with two doors, one on the left and one straight ahead. He crept up to them and checked the left door first. On the other side was a large walk-in closet filled with clothes on two racks. The left rack held women's clothes, and they looked like they would fit Kathryn. They might be a little tight on her, he thought. Not that that's a problem. The right rack held men's clothing that was about his size. He closed the closet door and checked the one at the end of the hall. On the other side he saw a bathroom. There were a sink with a medicine cabinet over it, a toilet, and a combination bathtub and shower.

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:48 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat tries to get the stapler open, but the mechanism that makes the staple slide to open seems to be stuck... In her ears are a constant beeping. Probably an air pocket, irritating enough though.
As the task seems futile she takes another look over her shoulder to see if everything is OK in the vicinity of the cruiser. They have dogs on farms, right? I really hate dogs!

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:45 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner, having completed his sweep of the house, double checked each room on his way back. As he went, he made sure each window was secured and that there was nothing visible moving around outside. He verified that the front and back doors were locked as well.

In the garage-
Kathryn saw nothing unusual outside the open garage door. She was so intent on watching out and fiddling with the stapler that she didn't hear Gardner returning until he was already in the garage. He could see the stapler in her hands. He didn't know where she had gotten it.

(Welcome back, Laraqua! You can start posting for Gardner again any time you're ready.)

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:03 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Being surprised by Gardner, Kat lays down the stapler on the seat and slides away to the other end of the seat. "So, what´s this place like? Any luck?"

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Laraqua isn't quite back up to full posting speed yet, but she left me instructions and told me to keep playing Gardner for her until she is ready.)

Gardner glanced outside to make sure it was still clear, then slapped the button to close the garage door. The machinery rumbled as the door slid down. "Yeah, the house is clear," he said. "Nice place, too. We'll check out the barn later." He walked around to the side of the car where Kathryn had deposited the stapler, watching her carefully. "What else have you got hidden in there? Am I going to have to strip search you? Not that I'd mind that in the slightest." He opened the door and took the stapler, looking at her thoughtfully. "Maybe there's a way to kill two birds with one stone. There are some clothes here, good ones. There's also a shower. You said earlier that you wanted to get cleaned off and get some new clothes. Now maybe you have a chance - if you promise to behave yourself and do everything I tell you. Okay?"

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:41 am
by Dave Syrinx
"He really have mixed emotions about my assets, first I have to cover myself, then he want to see me in the shower... might be impulse controle issues...Well, I´ll give him what he bargains for..."
Letting the blanket slowly trail down her shoulders, revealing her blooded arms, palms up she says, "Thanks, not a minute too soon, I´d take a bath with scorpions for all I care. And by this I neither lead your on or discourage you, ´tony."

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:22 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner gave Kathryn a lopsided grin. He put the stapler in his pack, took her by the arm, and drew her out of the car, closing the door after her. "You're quite welcome, Kathryn," he said, pulling her through the door and into the living room. His grip was strong, but not painful. He shut that door too. "You know, I'm not such a bad guy. I can be friendly when you cooperate." He took her through the living room and then the bedroom. He gently pushed her into the bathroom ahead of him while he stood in the doorway. The bathroom had no other exits and no windows, so the only way out was through him. "Okay, take off your clothes."

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:29 am
by Dave Syrinx
In the bathroom-
Kat glances at Gardner and at the shower in the far end. A bathroom sink just next to her invites her to wash off the grime from her face and her arms. Water trails down her collar bones and down below. She looks at Gardner in the mirror and smiles, "That´s better..." She expertly wriggles free of her leggings and they slide down do the floor.

Slowly she unbuttons the soaked blouse and lets it fall heavily to the tiled floor. As it lays to rest by her feet she turns and faces the shower, unfastening the bra with her right hand while pulling the shower curtain aside with the left. Kat gets the shower spurting water and turns to Anthony her arms crossed, covering her assets. She stoops and pulls her panties off. Slowly rising she looks Anthony in the eye and backs into the waterfall created by the shower. The steamy corner of the bathroom makes it hard to make out her features from the doorway. She gets soaked in the hot water and she trails her fingers throw her hair, pulling it backwards. Slowly she turns the shower lever and the fall comes to drizzle, then a sporadic dribble. Kathryn rubs the whole of her body in soap, creating a lathery layer all over. Bubbles find there way down her curves. "A hand for my back, sir?" She once again faces the windowless far end of the bathroom and gives Gardner a sight of her backside, slightly swanked.

(Time for a seduction roll?)

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
(You don't need to make a roll to get him to scrub your back, but go ahead and roll APP x 5 to see what else he'll do. How he reacts depends on a lot of things, and Laraqua is free to have him do whatever she wants once she returns. Use your real APP - at this point it's quite apparent to Gardner.)

In the bathroom-
Gardner watched with excitement while Kathryn stripped in front of him and lathered herself. He could see that she was even more incredibly ravishing than he had previously realized. When she asked him to get her back, he didn't hesitate. He strode across the steamy bathroom until he was right up behind her and began slowly stroking her back with gentle caressing motions, taking his time and enjoying every second of it. She could feel his heavy breath on the back of her neck, and then the press of his lips there. "You're so beautiful, Kathryn," he said.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:21 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat turned around, "Are you letting me shower all by myself?" , she pouted her lips and took a step backwards so her back rested against the wall. Her act left a lot to wish for, but she knew the drill. This was her game. He´d better play along!

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
(The roll was against APP x 5, not APP x 6. This means that with your 16 APP you had an 80% chance of success, not 96%, so the roll is a failure - and a critical failure at that. Gardner sees through her act, but he's going to do what he would do anyway.)

In the bathroom-
"I wouldn't dream of it," said Gardner, running his eyes over Kathryn's body, "but I still don't trust you. Maybe after we've made love I'll trust you a little better - maybe. I could use a shower myself, though, and I'll be only too happy to share it with you." He pointed to a metal rail on the back wall of the shower at waist level which the washcloth had been hanging on and which could also be used as a handrail. "First, turn around and face the wall, grab the rail with both hands, and hold still. Then I'll take off my clothes."

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(I guess we´ll fast forward here...)

Kat will comply to whatever instructions given. Then she´ll accept the clothes Gardner picked out for her.

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
(No, we're not fast-forwarding yet.)

In the bathroom-
Once Kathryn turned her back and gripped the rail, Gardner came up behind her and slapped his pair of handcuffs on her. He closed one cuff tightly around her right wrist and the other around the rail itself. "That's better," he said, stepping back. "Just a little insurance policy to make sure you don't try anything. You can face me again." He took off his helmet, backpack, and equipment, placing them down on the floor well out of her potential reach. Then he unbuttoned his uniform shirt, taking it off and hanging it on a hook on the back of the door, which he closed. Next he removed his body armor, placing it with his other equipment. He smiled at her, not taking his eyes off of her for a second except to pull his undershirt over his head. He began to unbuckle his belt.

(Kathryn, roll Idea.)

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:10 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Then we continue...)

As she tries the towel hanger´s resistance she watches Gardner sliding the belt from the gilden standard issue buckle. Her plan to drop the SOB with a kick on the soaped floor had become impossible, now she had to pay for her lack of ideas. "Do you have something for me there?" Kat asks with a deep whisper.

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
Gardner smiled eagerly. "I sure do," he said, licking his lips. Kathryn could only look on helplessly while he finished undressing. She tested the metal rail, but it was firmly in place and her meager strength was unlikely to budge it. He unlaced his boots, then removed them and his socks. He dropped his trousers and finally his boxers. "I've been anticipating this moment ever since I first laid eyes on you, Kathryn. I knew you would be mine." He stepped into the shower with her, pulled the curtain closed, and turned on the tap again. Water cascaded over both of them. Then he folded her into a firm embrace, pressing her up against the wall. "Oh, Kathryn..." He kissed her full on the lips, quivering with excitement.

(Roll STR x 1 if you want to try to dislodge the metal rail. If you choose not to resist, I'll fast forward in my next post.)

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat realizes the best thing to do is to please the NG. Payback will come eventually.

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
When he finally finished, Gardner shut off the water, pulled open the curtain, and stepped out of the shower. The bathroom was hot and steamy, and the mirror was completely fogged over. He sighed with satisfaction, gazing at Kathryn as she leaned against the wall, her arm still handcuffed to the rail. "That was absolutely incredible, darling," he said. "You are by far the best lover I've ever had." He handed her one of the towels, then took the other one and dried himself off before he started getting dressed again.

Though it had seemed like forever to Kathryn, in actuality only fifteen minutes had passed. She was not in any physical pain, apart from the soreness in her legs, but her mental anguish was another matter. She had desperately hoped that this wouldn't happen to her, she had tried everything she could think of, but there had been no escape, no rescue. No knight in shining armor had burst in to save her at the last second, and she hadn't been strong enough to fight him off nor clever enough to outwit him. In spite of the fact that she had just had a shower, she had never felt dirtier. The fact that she had offered no resistance didn't make her feel any less violated. If anything it made it worse - she couldn't help feeling like she should have offered at least a token protest, even if she had no way to stop him. On the other hand, surrender may have turned out to be wiser. Her chance would come, she was sure of it. She just needed to hold out until then and recognize the opportunity when it arose.

(Kathryn, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10.)

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:35 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Aftermath in the shower-

Her blonde hair hangs like a curtain, hiding her glare at the violator. The accumulated rage pent up in her chest stirs but doesn´t erupt. Still visible through the strands of hair her eyes goes grim for the first time. Swallowing the anger and despair she whispers yet again. "So quick, ´Tony?" after a short breath she adds, "I could get you up again,if you come over here again..." She pulls her hair back and licks her lips, pouting her mouth. "I still haven´t tasted what you promised..."

All the while he had been going at her, she had been waiting outside the room. It had happened to someone else, not to little Kathy. Just as those times at uncle Philips farm. All those summer holidays. 'It will do you good!' mom had said. Uncle Philip sure did me good, MA! She snaps back to the relative reality of the farm house shower. The fabric of the towel feels good in her free hand. Kat spreads the towel in front of her and kneels on it beneath the rail. "Come on over, sweetie..."

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 am
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
Gardner watched Kathryn, pausing as he got dressed. "Believe me, I'd love nothing better," he said, "but we've got too much to do right now. We need to make sure the barn is clear and secure it first. Don't worry, Kathryn, we'll have plenty more time for love later. You and I are going to be together forever." He had no clue about how intense her hatred of him was. "I still don't trust you enough to put myself in your mouth. You might bite too hard."

(Kathryn, if you really want to try to get Gardner to get back in the shower for another go, roll Fast Talk. If Laraqua returns before I update again, she is free to disregard the results of the roll.)

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:43 am
by Dave Syrinx
In the shower-

"Then at least let me free to help you secure that barn, will you?" "If you need proof of my fidelity, make me able to aid you in a confrontation!" "Otherwise a girl might think you might already have lost your balls..." The last comment wasn´t meant to escape, but as she lets it over her lips she expertly wraps the towel around her waist with her free hand and the iad of the shower wall. She throws her wet hair upwards so a spray of drops reaches over to where Gardner stands. Letting a smile beam at the NG she awaits his reply...

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bathroom-
"I'm not ready to trust you that far yet," said Gardner as he continued getting dressed. "Not so long ago you were trying to signal Alvarez and Flynn, and you said yourself you'd have been happy to go with them if they caught up with me and killed me. And then there's whatever you were up to with that stapler. I still don't know whether you're really falling for me or if you only invited me into the shower with you to get me to let my guard down. Considering everything you've pulled so far, it's going to take me a while for me to trust you." He finished buttoning up his shirt and collecting his equipment, then approached Kathryn. He took her hand in his and rubbed it. "I want to be able trust you, but I can't afford to let my guard down. One mistake could get me killed, and that would get you killed. Even if you are trustworthy, I'm not going to expose you to danger. I love you, Kathryn." He kissed her hand. "You're everything I've ever wanted, and more. Now, let's go get you some clothes." He took out the handcuff key, unlocked the cuffs, and returned them to his belt. Then he took Kathryn by the hand and led her towards the closet.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:42 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat is relieved by the free hands. Well free of the cuffs at least... She held Gardner´s hand tightly. "I hear you 'Tony - but I really hope you´ll muster enough trust in me when the shit hits tha fan. As things are going right now, I don´t expect anything to be a trip in the park. And yes, some clean clothes sounds lovely, honey!"

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the bedroom-
Gardner walked Kathryn out of the bathroom, then opened the door to the walk-in closet. "When it does hit the fan," he said, "I will protect you." He sent her ahead of him into the closet while he remained in the doorway, blocking it. He reluctantly released her hand, then pointed out the clothes. "There are a couple of suitcases here too, so we'll be able to bring several changes with us. The owners of this house must not have felt they had time to pack anything. Looks like they just got in their car and split. If they were chased out, it looks like the ones chasing them simply followed them and left the house alone, but we'll still need to be careful checking out the barn." He indicated a red halter top, a short black skirt, and a pair of beige sandals. "Those would look real good on you, darling."

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:59 pm
by Dave Syrinx
She looks at the proposed attire and nods, "Yes, hon, I´ll slip it on." She
lets the halterneck top flow over her neck and down across her breats. Then she pulls up the skirt over her hips. It´s a tight fit, but will have to do... "I´ll take these two belts too, for utilities, OK?" She crosses the belts, cowboywise, and lets the top cover them. "The sandals look swell but I prefer these Gloria Gainers! Less fashion - more apt for our task of hauling all the way to WAFB." She looks at Anthony and slings the sandla around her neck. "These babies, I´ll save for a special occasion." She winks at Gardner and grabs a pair of denim and a thick grey sweater. The white letters 69 across the chest. "Never mind the suitcases, I´m travelling light." Hesitating she adds, "Any grub in the cupboards by the way?" The shower had made her hungry. The distant memories of that farm all years ago felt like they happened to someone else.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
"Yeah, there's plenty of food in the kitchen," said Gardner. "Come on, baby, let's go chow down." He slipped an arm around Kathryn and led her out of the bedroom, through the living room and dining room, and into the kitchen area. He checked his watch. "It's getting close to 1600 hours. Why don't I cook us something? What are you in the mood for?"

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:13 pm
by Dave Syrinx
In the farmhouse kitchen-

"Cook? Nah grab some crisp bread and salami and get going! The smoke from the chimney will tell a tale - we don´t want to be told." She opens a cabinet, "Some of these canned beans and an opener....Then we´re set." Is he for real? "Got to make sure the barn is not full of people hiding...or infected things, then I´ll share a meal - somewhere safe." She looks at the variety of knives lining the work bench. A bag of pepper catches her eyes. "May I take this? It will do wonders to the beans and could help in close quarters. Will also destroy our scent if they got houds trailing us."

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
"Yeah, we don't have time for me to cook anything," said Gardner. "Too bad. And I'll be the one to collect and carry everything. Just leave it all where it is. I'll go back and get it all after I put you back in the car. Let's go." He steered Kathryn back to the garage, opened the rear door of the police car, and motioned for her to get back inside.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:25 pm
by Dave Syrinx
She reaches for the pepper, ignoring the knives and holds it in her open palm as she passes Gardner and gets into the back seat, once again.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:07 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the garage-
"I said not to take anything," said Gardner suspiciously. "Put the pepper down and slide away from it."

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:20 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat puts the bag of pepper down and lithely slides away a few feet.

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:31 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner took the bag of pepper, then locked Kathryn in the back of the police car again. He returned to the kitchen and began collecting things and loading them in a bag.

(Kathryn and Gardner, both of you roll Listen. Gardner has a -5% penalty from his helmet. At this point I'm going to wait for Laraqua to return. She said last week that she should have more time starting Wednesday.)

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:24 am
by Dave Syrinx
From her solace in the back seat Kat hears something from outside the car. She motions to Gardner to be still and listen. She tries to make out where the sound came from.

(Sure thing!)

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 am
by Mr. Handy
(Gardner was in the kitchen, so he would not be able to see her motion. I'll NPC him for this round and roll Listen for him, but now I'll wait for Laraqua to take him over. He critically failed his roll, so I'll PM you what you heard.)

In the farmhouse-
Gardner was too preoccupied to hear a thing. He finished collecting foodstuffs, drinks, utensils, a can opener, and the like in his bag, then returned to the garage.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:22 am
by Dave Syrinx
Seeing Gardner rummaging through the kitchen Kat waits for him to return. He´s probably low on sugar, that´s why he´s so erratic. She looks at the garage door, dead still, waiting for the, not to soon, recon trip to the barn.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:40 am
by Dave Syrinx
As soon as Gardner reappears in the garage, Kat motions for him to stay quiet and listen for sounds outside. She makes a sign of a steering wheel.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 am
by Laraqua
Gardner pauses, looking confused, and strains his ears to catch sound of whatever she heard.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:21 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"A heavy vehicle on the road." Kat says to the NG. "What are you going to do?"

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:21 am
by Mr. Handy
In the garage-
The sound Kathryn had heard earlier had gone past the farm and was no longer audible. There remained only silence.

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat sits dead still in the car, contemplating the last hours of events. I wonder where Erica and the others are headed? Did they take the shortest route to WAFB... Had the girls in the chopper mentioned something about Omaha while negotiating the chopper with Gardner ?

She thinks of the first contact with Erica,
A call had come over the airfield frequency,
"This is NSP Seven-Eight-Romeo to tower. Do you copy? Over." ,the woman had said.

"This is the tower! I read you loud and clear, over."

"This is Trooper Erica Spears of the Nebraska State Police. My bird's going to need some more fuel to stay afloat. Do you have any to spare, and is your facility secure for landing? Over."

"Yes, we're secure here. The National Guard is holding down the fort. As for fuel, we've got plenty of that left. It's aircraft that are in short supply. Uh, what's your location and ETA? Over."

"Can you guarantee we'll get the fuel?"

"Also, there's another airfield about ten miles east of your position, not far from Kearney. Do you know if that one's still operational, just in case it isn't safe to land by the time we get to yours?"

"That one's been overrun," Kat had replied. "We got a distress call from them a couple hours ago telling us that they were about to fall, and they haven't responded to us since then. Hold on, the National Guard commander is here. You can talk to him now."

"Well, howdy, darling. I'm Anthony Gardner from the National Guard. I'm the one in charge here. I can give you my personal assurance that there will be fuel for your bird. We'd be glad to help out our friends in the Nebraska State Police."

She had been intimidated by Gardner to lure the chopper to the airfield. In the light of all the strange things that had happened with the dead walking and everything she couldn´t really blame the NG for taking extreme measures. His CO had been killed and a lot lay on his shoulders. However it didn´t give him an excuse to act as cruel as he had in the tower. The poor souls had surrendered and he just shot them. And Dawkins too...

The flashback is over and she once again finds herself in the backseat. She makes a quick inventory; the top, skirt and the two belts, sneakers with laces. (The digital is it still laying in the backseat?) Nothing more but a better equipped and cleaner Kat in the backseat. At least on the surface...

She strains her ears to make out another trace of the vehicle that had passed or maybe footsteps.

Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 am
by Mr. Handy
(The digital camera would only still be in the backseat if you left it there before getting out of the car. Otherwise, it would still be in the pocket of your old clothes on the bathroom floor. I'll post for Gardner this round, but I really need Laraqua to return before going any farther.)

In the farmhouse-
Kathryn could hear nothing outside, no vehicles and no footsteps. Gardner went back to the living room and started peeking out the windows, first on the south side of the house and then the west side. He saw everything there was to see.

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:18 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(I´d guess the digital is still in the backseat. Gardner didn't want it for the shower scene, soo..)

Adding the digital to the inventory, Kathryn sits and waits for something to happen. She figures one of the belts would do as a whip with the buckle as deadweight to make some impact...She tries it from one end of the backseat to the other.

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
(The belts use Bullwhip skill, and the base level for that skill is only 5%. They're like bullwhips in that they can either cause 1d3 damage or have the effect of a Grapple if you hit. However, they have fewer HP - only 2 each - and less reach. While a bullwhip reaches ten feet, the belts only reach three feet each. If you tie them together, you can get a reach of six feet.)

In the farmhouse-
Kathryn experimented with using the belt as a whip, but she wasn't very good at it. Meanwhile, Gardner knelt down behind the window, unlatched it, and opened it slightly. Then he pointed the barrel of his M-16 outside through the opening and took aim at something in the distance. Before he fired, a short burst of automatic fire sounded from out in the field, but the bullets didn't even come close to hitting him. Gardner returned fire with impeccable marksmanship. The burst struck his target with only one bullet, but it severed his right leg at the hip. He collapsed in a heap, unmoving.

(Gardner, please wait before firing again. Kathryn, you are free to act this round.)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:07 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Bugger! That´s too crappy to attempt to use.)

Discarding the whip as a weapon, Kat gets anxious about the shooting, she lays on her back and kicks the side window with both feet, screaming to the crack shot outside the cruiser, "Let me out now!"

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
(Kathryn, roll Kick. The base skill is 25%. If you "miss," that just means you failed to damage the window in any way. If you hit, roll 1d6 for damage and I'll let you know what happens. Also, please specify whether you're kicking the window on the right, which is closer to the house and Gardner, or the one on the left, which is on the opposite side of the car.)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:22 pm
by Dave Syrinx
She hit quite dead on, hoping the double kick would make a difference..

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:25 pm
by Dave Syrinx

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
The window shuddered under the impact, but did not appear to be any worse for the wear.

(Please wait to act again until Gardner has had a chance to go. At that point you'll be able to make another Kick roll. I guess you didn't see the edit I made to the last post, but when you kick again, please specify which side window you're kicking.)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:53 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Opposite side, will be most preferable!)

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner continued to aim his M-16 out the window. The voice of Private Julio Alvarez came from the distance west of the house, shouting: "I have been hurt, I am backing away now. I will not come after you again. Please let me and my friends go in peace."

(Gardner, roll Listen at half skill, with the -5 penalty for your helmet applied after halving your skill. This gives you a 27.5% chance, so you'll succeed on a 27 or less. Kathryn, you may make another Kick roll if you wish, and a damage roll of 1d6 if you hit, but your action takes effect after whatever Gardner does.)

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:12 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:27 am
by Laraqua
"Yeah, no one else needs to die here today!" calls Gardner, rather gruffly. "The zombie ass holes have already taken enough out of us. Okay, fine, I'll let you two get the fuck outta Dodge but on one condition. Leave your guns where I can see them - nice and pretty on the ground and away from you - to make sure you guys aren't gonna double back around. Then get the fuck outta my sight!"

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:33 am
by Dave Syrinx
When she hears the shooting stops she gives up kicking. Some sort of negotiation was underway. Not a sitting duck anymore...Maybe it will work out fine after all?

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner continued watching out the window, keeping his M-16 trained on the two men. He saw Flynn take the M-4 from Alvarez, holding it high overhead. Then he tossed the carbine a short distance away. He helped Alvarez stand up and looped the medic's arm over his shoulders so the two of them would be able to walk slowly. Flynn had not yet discarded his pistol.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:38 am
by Laraqua
"Your pistol also," shouts Gardner. "I don't want no funny business with you lot sneaking around for me!" He watches them carefully, feeling skittish. He aims carefully, ready to fire if anything untoward happens."

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:22 am
by Dave Syrinx
Listening to ´Tony, Kat is somewhat surprised that he´s been able to deter the rebellious soldiers. She relaxes even more and makes sure her shoes are tied properly. Then waits for the NG to finish his task of target practice. Knowing him, only briefly, I´m sure he won´t let anyone leave...

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:37 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw Flynn leave his pistol on the ground near the dropped M-4. "It's done!" Flynn shouted, before starting to move Alvarez slowly toward the road to the south. They had only moved a handful of yards so far. Meanwhile, the large mobile home that had been stopped on the road half a mile to the east executed a rapid three-point turn and ended up facing back east toward Alvarez, Flynn, and the farmhouse. Then it started moving forward. The man he had seen on the roof was now in the driver's seat, and there was no sign of the girl he had seen; presumably she had retreated into the vehicle's interior.

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:54 am
by Laraqua
Gardner, seeing his plans hastened, will fire a precise shot burst at Flynn, chewing his bottom lip as he does so but in his enthusiasm he misses so badly the bullets thud into the ground behind them.

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner was stunned to see his M-16 jam as soon as he pulled the trigger. It didn't so much as make a sound, which at least meant that Alvarez and Flynn were still unaware of his intentions, though they may very well have suspected.

(Don't roll to clear the jam yet, as that will have to wait until next round if you want to do that. The next update will probably be Sunday night.)

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:16 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Let me out and let me help you ´Tony!" The back seat seemed smaller all of a sudden. Better to do something than just look pretty!

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:33 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
As Gardner watched in frustration, Alvarez and Flynn hobbled slowly through the corn toward the edge of the road. They were about halfway there now. The RV sped forward down the road to meet them and closed about a third of the distance. It would probably arrive at the same time they reached the roadside.

(Gardner, if you want to try to clear the jammed M-16, make a Rifle roll against your unmodified skill. Mechanical Repair could be used instead, but your weapon skill is higher. If you succeed, roll 1d6 to see how many rounds it will take including this coming one. If you fail, you waste this round but can try again next round. If you crtiically fail, you'll break the weapon.)

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:15 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:21 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
As Gardner worked feverishly to unjam his M-16, he saw Flynn suddenly double back at a run and scoop up the dropped weapons.

(After this round, it will take two more rounds to finish clearing the jam.)

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 am
by Dave Syrinx
Seeing Gardner struggle with the M-16 and taking in the fact he was determined to manage by himself - to the end, Kat takes cover on the floor of the cruiser. She pulls the blanket over her head to avoid a spray of glass, should the window shatter by some lost round.

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:56 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner watched Flynn help Alvarez out of the cornfield while he continued to work on his rifle. The RV pulled up alongside them as they emerged right in front of its side door.

(It will take one more round to finish clearing the jam.)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:18 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw the blond man, carrying a golf club, open the door from within the RV. A woman with dark hair who looked to be about forty, though still attractive, helped bring Alvarez inside. Then she handed Flynn a familiar-looking rolled up spike strip, and the man stepped out and spoke briefly to Flynn. Flynn took off his helmet and gave it, two grenades, the spike strip, and a flashlight to the man before getting into the RV and closing the door. The unidentified man ran around to the other side of the RV, hidden from view. Flynn soon appeared in the front of the vehicle and sat down in the driver's seat. He was just starting to pull out when Gardner finally cleared his jammed weapon.

(Gardner, you may now fire, and you may use precision aim with no problem. The RV is a SIZ 50 vehicle, which means you get +10 to your base chance to hit if you shoot at it. The rules specify the base chance, so this is applied before your skill is halved due to the range. Since your skill is 70%, this will effectively make it 80. Then it will be halved to 40 due to range and finally increased +20 to 60 for firing a burst. If you choose to fire a burst and you hit, roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit and roll damage for each bullet that hits as normal and I'll tell you what happens to the vehicle as a result. You may target a specific part of the RV, but if you do so then you do not get the +10 from its large size and you may not also fire a burst. Your base chance will thus be 55%, with a -5 penalty to shoot at a tire or the engine block, a -10 penalty to shoot at the driver, or a -25 penalty to shoot at the fuel tank. You cannot also aim at a particular part of Flynn's body if you target him while the vehicle is in motion. If you hit him, you'll roll 1d10+10 for hit location instead of 1d20 since only his upper body is visible.

If you do roll a hit, Flynn will get a chance to roll Drive Auto and evade your shot if he succeeds.

Finally, if you'd rather not do the rolling, just post your action and let me know you want me to roll for you.)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:36 am
by Laraqua
Realising that he's been conned, they merely wanted to get the injured man on the van before coming for him again, he fires off a burst that hits the vehicle but only one bullet hits.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:46 am
by Mr. Handy
(Go ahead and roll 2d8 for damage. It'll only be applied if Flynn fails his Drive roll, and there may be other effects on the vehicle. Kabukiman won't be able to post until Monday, unfortunately.)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:08 am
by Laraqua
The vehicle,if hit, will be walloped for a sizable amount of damage.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy
(I edited the post above to describe more accurately what Gardner saw of the events in the other thread. We'll have to wait a few days to see what happens, but Kathryn can still act this round.)

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(Not much to do, stuck in a strong-box!)

When the anticipated hail of bullets don´t hit their position, Kat makes a new kicking attempt at the window facing away from Gardner. "I gotta get out of here before we´re Swiss cheese!" I´m not staying here any more...

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw Flynn try to swerve out of the way, but he was too slow to avoid the spray of lead. One of the bullets struck the RV's engine block as it was turning, and the vehicle began to lose speed.

(Gardner, you may fire again using the same rules as last round if you wish. Also, roll Spot Hidden, at -5 because of your helmet.)

Kathryn kicked at the window again, but once more it refused to budge.

(Kathryn, you may make another Kick roll now.)

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:58 pm
by Dave Syrinx
This time she heard it crack... but nothing more. Kat readies yet another bashing attempt...

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 am
by Laraqua
Gardner fails to see anything. He fires off another spray of lead - a good shot.

OOC: Can I see Kathryn where I am?

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:41 am
by Mr. Handy
(You can't see Kathryn from here, especially since you're looking out the window to aim, but you can sure hear her!)

In the farmhouse-
To Gardner's amazement, Flynn shifted gears at just the right time, slamming into reverse, and the spray of bullets went through the space the RV had previously occupied and struck the asphalt. Flynn completed a 3-point turn and the RV coasted to a halt with its back pointing towards Gardner. He could not see the front or the left side of it any longer.

(Gardner, you may fire again if you wish with the same rules. You can no longer aim at the driver or the engine, though there's little point in shooting the latter since you've already knocked it out of commission. The fuel tank and the tires on the right and rear are still vulnerable, but you can only fire a single shot if you target them, you do not get the SIZ bonus, and you have the penalty to hit. You can fire another burst at the RV if you wish as before, and this time Flynn cannot evade since the RV is stopped. You cannot see any people to shoot at, however.)

Kathryn kicked the window again, but it remained undamaged.

(Kathryn, you may try another Kick roll.)

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 am
by Laraqua
"You kick one more time to go for your boyfriends and I'll come for you next!" Gardner shouted. Then he fired another burst that should hit - just.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy
(Yes, that hits. You have a 60% chance to hit, as it happens. Go ahead and roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit, then roll 2d8 damage for each one that hits.)

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:40 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:39 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"Let me out then!" She screams back. "Or I´ll have to get out by MYSELF!" She tries to get his attention. "I CAN be of use-if you let me." She holds her kick for a while...

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm
by Laraqua
"Yeah, like it'd be me you'd help!" growls Gardner.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:37 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Realizing she´s only postponing her own inevitable demise by trying to get Gardner to help her she decides to kick the window, with a vengeance. "No, I´ll help myself!", only half believing her words she watches the result of her kick.

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner's bullet struck the RV and penetrated deep into the chassis, but did no special damage to the stopped vehicle. It had taken heavy damage, but it could still be driven - if the engine were working.

(Gardner, roll Listen, at -5 due to your helmet, to see if your hearing detects that Kathryn's kick has actually damaged the window - though you can't miss the sound of her trying. You may fire again if you wish, with the same chances as before.)

Kathryn slammed the window again with both feet, and this time she managed to do some serious damage to it. Cracks spiderwebbed out from the point of impact, but the window had not yet broken.

(Kathryn, you may roll Kick again, though your kick will take effect after Gardner acts. The window is reinforced and has 2 points of armor, so any hit will have its damage reduced by 2. Thus, your last kick did 3 damage to the window. It can take 2 more before breaking, so if you hit and get 4 damage or higher, it will shatter.)

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:15 am
by Laraqua
Gardner presumed they were planning something terrible and he could hearwhat Kathryn was doing in the background. They might have any sort of plan ... he needed to get his meat shield back. He got up and headed for where she was as quickly as he could.

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:36 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat kicks again but the force is misplaced. I´m getting out, just one more kick!, she thinks and prepares for another one...

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:59 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner left his post at the window and rushed back to the garage. He passed through the connecting door just as Kathryn was kicking the window on the opposite side of the car again. It shook, but it did not appear to suffer any further damage. Her repeated kicks had cracked it badly. It was still holding for now, but it would not last forever.

(Gardner may act before Kathryn does, since he has higher DEX.)

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:39 am
by Laraqua
Gardner raises the gun and points it through the window at her, his finger tensing on the trigger. Then he smiles, and turns on the radio on his helmet, using the same frequency as before, hoping the others will hear it. "Y'know, I'm kinda getting sick of this bitch screaming at me all the time. Looks like she wants her boyfriends to help her... Very well. Not sure what to do right now ... I could try and trade her for Flynn. He's so willing to risk his life, I'm wondering if he'll risk it more fully. Or I could just shoot her where she stands... At this range, I can't miss." He checks his gun to see how much ammunition he has inside it. He also checks to see if he has any grenades - in all the fuss, he can't remember if he does or not. "What do you guys say? I'm thinking I can move a lot faster without all of this loose baggage." He gives her a sickly smile.

It looks like all of her credibility has been lost with her attempts to escape. He's half-crazed with impotent rage at how she keeps trying to abandon him. Perhaps it would be easier ... so much easier ... to move without her. Perhaps...

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy
In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw that he had twelve bullets left in the current magazine, though it would be a simple enough matter to exchange it for a full one. He had only one grenade remaining.

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:54 am
by Dave Syrinx
Ignoring the NG she desperately launches a kick at the window. Smash the window, out, away. Freedom! He could miss...

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:22 am
by Laraqua
Gardner puts in a full clip and moves to a safe area, preferably with a good view around and some cover.

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:59 am
by Dave Syrinx
...and she kicks. If I can help the others by distracting him - giving them time to breathe - someway I will. They did come after me after all - it´s the least I can do!, the thoughts tush through her head. Just a little bit more...

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy
In the garage-
Gardner reloaded his M-16 with a fresh clip. So far there had been no response on the radio. Kathryn kicked the window yet again, but it did not budge in the slightest.

(Gardner may act first, then it's Kathryn's turn.)

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:34 pm
by Dave Syrinx
(If I read this correctly, Gardner is NOT hovering by the car, correct?)

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:03 am
by Laraqua
Gardner settles himself by the closed garage door so that he can watch both the internal door and Kathryn in the car. "There's an RV out there they came in on ... a family car. Why would they pick that unless they met up with some kind of family? I know if I were to hot wire a car, it wouldn't be an RV. So maybe they got a lift from hippies, or a family, but either way that's more civilians. I shot out their engine and now they're stuck. But I promise you, if you sit down like a good girl, I won't go out there and take out those civilians. Because all it'll take is one grenade..." He motions to the grenade.

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 am
by Dave Syrinx
Ignoring the threat Kat makes another tryat the window facing away from the door. This is NOT happening! The window was giving her grey hair... it must break soon. She´s sure there was a crack from the spidery pattern forming in the glass. Just get him distracted, ignore him! That worked at the farm, all those years ago. Then everything was good again. Till next summer...

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:43 am
by Mr. Handy
In the garage-
Kathryn kicked the window again, but it still held.

(Gardner and Kathryn, roll Listen. Gardner, you have -5 to your roll because of your helmet. Gardner gets to act first, and then Kathryn can act again.)

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:01 am
by Laraqua
"Speaking of evidence, are there any women or children aboard that RV? Civilian women and children, I mean? I held my fire because I realised there was the chance... If there are any, is there any chance of getting them the hell out of range? Don't want any stray bullets hitting soft targets ... we've had enough of that already. I really don't think you're going to let Flynn come on over here without a trick up your sleeve ... but I thought it'd get you lot speaking to me. Now how's this for an option? We make sure all of the civilians are nice and safely away from us while we have our little talk while Flynn attempts to sneak up behind me. That way, no more innocents have to die. I have more than enough innocent blood on my fingers, how about you?" He sighs deeply and then listensfor any sounds of Flynn approaching. "Oh yeah, and you should be able to hear Kathryn even from there..." He shoots her a glare. "She has far less interest in keeping civilians out of the combat zone than I do right now. Back then there was shit at stake that there isn't now ... now it's just our lives on the line because of the vendetta you want to play out."

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:01 am
by Dave Syrinx
She listens to Gardner´s con and kicks again , unaware of anything outside. Her feet skids off of the sleek glass.

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:11 am
by Laraqua
Gardner begins raising the garage door.

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:51 am
by Mr. Handy
In the garage-
The garage door finished rising. Gardner took a look outside and saw the RV driving away on the road to the west. It was now about a quarter of a mile away.

(Gardner, if you want to fire at it, you have the same chance that you did before, but next round it will be at longer range. For now you may fire a burst with a 60% chance to hit, though the driver may be able to evade with a successful Drive Auto roll. Firing a single shot at the tires has a 30% chance to hit at this range, and firing one at the fuel tank has a 10% chance to hit. Kathryn, you may act after Gardner does.)

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:38 am
by Laraqua
Gardner fires a burst but only one hits (Why always only one?!).

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy
(We'll see if it hits when Flynn does his Drive Auto roll. Go ahead and roll 2d8 damage. If he fails his roll, I'll apply the damage and see if anything special happens. Kathryn, you can go ahead and kick again.)

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:53 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:02 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Kat starts to feel her legs protest from the effort of kicking! Forcefully she misses the accurate spot.

(Maximum damage, however a failure, then again-how can she miss-really? nag nag...)

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy
(Like I said when you start kicking, a "miss" simply means that you didn't hit the window well enough to do any significant damage, not that you actually missed it. :P )

At the garage-
Gardner fired an accurate burst, but the RV expertly weaved at the last second, and none of his bullets struck home. The huge camper raced away down the road to the west. Kathryn kicked at the window again, but it still held.

(Gardner, it's your turn to act now. If you wish to fire again, you're now at 1/4 skill, though firing a burst will still give you the +20 bonus. This gives you a 40% chance to hit, but again Flynn would get to roll Drive Auto to try to evade. I'll roll for him while Kabukiman's on vacation. After you go, then it's Kathryn's turn again.)

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:33 am
by Laraqua
Gardner misses and starts cursing. Then he gazes about the world outside, hiding half his body behind the wall near the garage door. He tries to see if anyone's creeping about - particularly zombies.

"They're gone, Kathryn. They're gone and if you keep trying to escape you'll just run into zombies. Hell, the zombies are probably heading here and now we most certainly can't head on out to where they're going." He groans. "They got done by that spike strip ... I wonder if they've laid one out for me, too."

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:05 am
by Dave Syrinx
"Swell, ´Tony! How do you plan getting the officials at WAFB to buy your story when we get there? If I´m correct, Flynn and Alvarez weren´t the only ones who managed to leave the air field. The chopper´s probably there already!" Kat seats herself properly and adjusts the belts that have traveled up her waist. The halterneck gave her a lot of maneuverability. As she talks to Gardner positioned by the open door she looks at the upcoming weather conditions and tries to see evidence of aerial activity in the sky.

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:00 am
by Mr. Handy
In the garage-
The area appeared to be completely deserted. The only movement Gardner could see was the rapidly retreating RV, now half a mile away to the west. The sky was clear, and there was no evidence of any aerial activity. There were no aircraft visible, and there wasn't so much as a contrail. Kathryn couldn't see much through the open garage door while she was seated in the back of the car, but the sky looked clear to her too. The helicopter had been the first aircraft they had detected at the airfield for quite some time, and there had been none in the area since.

(Gardner, if you want to fire at the RV now, you'll be at 1/8 skill. Firing a burst will at most double this, which gives you only a 20% chance.)

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:29 am
by Laraqua
Gardner keepssurveying the area. If zombies haven't appeared yet, it's only a matter of time. "It's a little too late to bitch now, little lady, you should have thought of that before trying to distract me for your little friends! Now we're stuck out here with zombies coming, Flynn no doubt hiding out there, and a spike strip going to rip out my tyres."

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:10 am
by Dave Syrinx
"There must be maintenance trails for the farm vehicles between the fields... Can´t we take one of them and get out on the road further on?"

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
At the garage-
Gardner continued to look around for a minute, but he saw nothing out of the ordinary. The RV vanished from sight to the west, and now he could see no movement at all anywhere within his line of sight.

(Gardner and Kathryn, roll Listen. Gardner, your roll is at -5 due to your helmet.)

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:57 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Waiting for a response to the farm trail suggestion, Kat makes something out from outside the garage...

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:57 am
by Laraqua

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 am
by Mr. Handy
At the garage-
Both Gardner and Kathryn heard a single set of footsteps from across the road, in the cornfield on the opposite side some 20 yards away. They were approaching from the west.

(That was a Listen roll I was asking for, not a Spot Hidden. I'll count that as your Listen roll. You may both roll Spot Hidden now. Gardner, you've got a -5 penalty from your helmet, as before.)

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 am
by Laraqua
Gardner sees nothing when he casually pokes his head around.

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:14 am
by Dave Syrinx
Gardner obscures her line of sight and Kat is unable to pin point the movement.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy
At the garage-
Both Gardner and Kathryn could hear the footsteps in the cornfield, but neither could see what was producing them. Kathryn was able to see the cornstalks being brushed aside, but she could not make out any details. The footsteps stopped directly across the road from the garage.

(You may both roll Spot Hidden and Listen again, with a -5 penalty for Gardner as before.)

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:02 am
by Laraqua
Gardner sees and hears what's out there.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:26 am
by Dave Syrinx
Kat follows Gardner´s line of sight and takes it all in.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
At the farmhouse-
Gardner and Kathryn both heard a distant crack far to the west, probably a gunshot. But it was what they saw very close by that drew their full attention...

(Both of you are moving to this thread: Deliverance)