IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner looks over his shoulder at her, frowning a little.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
After a couple more minutes, both Corporal Gardner and Kathryn could see a vehicle approaching from behind. It was the flatbed truck from the airfield, and it was getting closer to the underpass from the east side.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, so we are the lure, and they are going to miss the hook, I see. Never mind my earlier comment. Just thought you wanted to be unnoticed. I´d have voted for getting to the base ASAP. But you´re the man withe the gun!" Kat fiddles with the digital camera. "Need to use the zoom to get a better look of who it is."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Gardner, roll Spot Hidden. Remember that there is a -5% penalty due to your helmet.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner peers ahead, straining to see what's going on around him. "I know you think I've done a hell of a lot of bad things but you should also have realised that I've also taken the biggest risks with regards to you. They're after me, remember? If you think what I did was bad, bear in mind they didn't so much as lift a finger to stop me. Hell, they didn't even request otherwise. It's only now that they think I've kept them from a helicopter ride that they suddenly care. Before then, they didn't even notice what was happening to you. They'll try and save you if they get the chance of doing so without being hurt. I'll just try and save you."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Gardner saw that the road was clear ahead as far as the eye could see, but it was what he saw in the rear view mirror that interested him most. He noticed Kathryn activating the flash on the digital camera. She had tried to conceal the flash from his view, but she had done so very poorly.

The truck started into the underpass, but then Flynn slammed on the brakes. However, he could not stop in time and the two front tires hit the spike strip, causing them both to be punctured. The truck came to a complete halt and both Flynn and Alvarez reached for their weapons.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, I have them clear and in high resolution. Sorry about the flash, corporal - bloody small buttons on this gadget! Go for a headshot! I´ll let the camera stay on vid-record. Take careful aim..." Kat keeps the camera trained on the truck.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Flynn leaned out the window of his truck and fired a wild shot at the police cruiser, but at this range he had no hope of hitting. Alvarez pointed his M-4 out of his own window. He had a better chance of hitting at this range, but not by much.

(Gardner, you get to act before Alvarez does.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner says nothing. Let her think he believed her. He simply fires off a shot, his right foot placed on the accelerator, the engine idling. If he missed, he'd slam his foot on the accelerator, put a hand on the wheel and get the hell out of here. Let them slowly move after them if they dared. Running on flats meant they should be slow enough to be lunch for anything fast moving and hungry.
Last edited by Laraqua on Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Had the range been closer, the bullet would have hit the truck, but instead it went wide. Gardner stomped on the gas pedal and the cruiser sped off to the west, slamming Kathryn back into her seat.

(Gardner, roll Drive Auto to try to throw off Alvarez's aim. If you succeed, it will cancel out any success by him.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Even in this moment to stress, his foot jerks on the accelerator, his hand grasps the wheel. He's sure he's got a good chance but he can't be certain.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat removes her face from the plastic covered back seat. It smelled like old vomit. She puts on the belt to avoid serious damage should something unfortunate happen to Gardner´s driving skill... She keeps her eyes to the road ahead to spot anything that moved in their direction.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
The road ahead remained clear. For whatever reason Alvarez and Flynn held their fire, though Gardner was confident they wouldn't have been able to hit the car anyway. He drove off to the west, and the truck soon vanished behind them - and with it vanished Kathryn's hopes of rescue.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Y'know, you are a real liability, you know that?" murmurs Gardner. "Not surprising, really." He pauses for a long, shuddering moment, as though considering something not only very important -- but potentially very dangerous. Kathryn can see his eyebrows knitted together in the rear view mirror, as though whatever dark thoughts brooded there were causing all of the muscles there to tighten.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"You can´t blame a girl for trying to survive. Gunpoint threats and constant killing off of people all around tend to increase the flight risk." Kat puts on a bitter face. "So shall we do it already? The couch is quite soft..." Kat drops the blanket and starts to unbutton the blooded blouse.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner brakes suddenly. So quickly the two of them are thrown forward by the impact (it was a failure but not a dramatic failure so I figure that's suitable enough). "Look you little brat, I need to find someplace secluded to take you to until I can teach you to behave! It's because of you that I'm in this mess anyway! If you didn't have to flash quite so much skin I would be on the run, trying to keep us both safe, and what I've just realised is that, worse of all, I can't even go to Warren because of the stink you're going to try and throw up! I'm sure Warren would side with me over you but if there are towns up ahead that we can pause at for supplies... Well, I can't take the risk. So it looks like both you and I have got to try and brave the night in somewhere that hopefully isn't as zombie-infested as everywhere else seems to be. You got that? And if you unbutton one more goddamn thing, I swear you're not gonna be fed until the day after tomorrow..." He stares at her, seemingly on the edge of madness.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Gardner had stopped about a mile beyond the overpass, at an intersection with a road going north and south. The road was clear in all directions, nothing but farms as far as he could see.

(Gardner, roll Idea.

There was no need to make a Drive Auto roll to stop suddenly, as there's no traffic or any other obstacles nearby. Both of you have your seatbelts on anyway.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat smiles at the NG losing his coolness,
the stink you're going to try and throw up!
"Less mouth more speed, yah? Get us to a place to rest then to WAFB and I´ll try to talk us in. I can say I got this vehicle after the infected taided the airfield. That is if you want to get there..."
"My priority is to stay alive, whether it´s along with your mates in the broken flatbed or with you makes no difference to me." She narrows her eyes and hisses, "You now that this vehicle probably is better than any barn you´d find. The infected won´t get in here, so let´s hide it in the brushes somewhere and sleep here."
Pulling the blanket over her chest she covers her assets and tries to get as comfortable as possible, being buckled and on plastic covers.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Thing is, just 'cause you've had a sleep doesn't mean you won't try and put my neck on the block the moment we reach civilisation," he sneers. Still, his thoughts are a blur as he assesses his options.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Civilization? I guess you can use military jargon and justify anything you´ve done as necessary force to acomplish the goals set by your XO." She looks at him, "What a civilian might say, weighs lightly in a war situation like this."
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”