IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The belts use Bullwhip skill, and the base level for that skill is only 5%. They're like bullwhips in that they can either cause 1d3 damage or have the effect of a Grapple if you hit. However, they have fewer HP - only 2 each - and less reach. While a bullwhip reaches ten feet, the belts only reach three feet each. If you tie them together, you can get a reach of six feet.)

In the farmhouse-
Kathryn experimented with using the belt as a whip, but she wasn't very good at it. Meanwhile, Gardner knelt down behind the window, unlatched it, and opened it slightly. Then he pointed the barrel of his M-16 outside through the opening and took aim at something in the distance. Before he fired, a short burst of automatic fire sounded from out in the field, but the bullets didn't even come close to hitting him. Gardner returned fire with impeccable marksmanship. The burst struck his target with only one bullet, but it severed his right leg at the hip. He collapsed in a heap, unmoving.

(Gardner, please wait before firing again. Kathryn, you are free to act this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Bugger! That´s too crappy to attempt to use.)

Discarding the whip as a weapon, Kat gets anxious about the shooting, she lays on her back and kicks the side window with both feet, screaming to the crack shot outside the cruiser, "Let me out now!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Kathryn, roll Kick. The base skill is 25%. If you "miss," that just means you failed to damage the window in any way. If you hit, roll 1d6 for damage and I'll let you know what happens. Also, please specify whether you're kicking the window on the right, which is closer to the house and Gardner, or the one on the left, which is on the opposite side of the car.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

She hit quite dead on, hoping the double kick would make a difference..
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
The window shuddered under the impact, but did not appear to be any worse for the wear.

(Please wait to act again until Gardner has had a chance to go. At that point you'll be able to make another Kick roll. I guess you didn't see the edit I made to the last post, but when you kick again, please specify which side window you're kicking.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Opposite side, will be most preferable!)
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner continued to aim his M-16 out the window. The voice of Private Julio Alvarez came from the distance west of the house, shouting: "I have been hurt, I am backing away now. I will not come after you again. Please let me and my friends go in peace."

(Gardner, roll Listen at half skill, with the -5 penalty for your helmet applied after halving your skill. This gives you a 27.5% chance, so you'll succeed on a 27 or less. Kathryn, you may make another Kick roll if you wish, and a damage roll of 1d6 if you hit, but your action takes effect after whatever Gardner does.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yeah, no one else needs to die here today!" calls Gardner, rather gruffly. "The zombie ass holes have already taken enough out of us. Okay, fine, I'll let you two get the fuck outta Dodge but on one condition. Leave your guns where I can see them - nice and pretty on the ground and away from you - to make sure you guys aren't gonna double back around. Then get the fuck outta my sight!"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

When she hears the shooting stops she gives up kicking. Some sort of negotiation was underway. Not a sitting duck anymore...Maybe it will work out fine after all?
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner continued watching out the window, keeping his M-16 trained on the two men. He saw Flynn take the M-4 from Alvarez, holding it high overhead. Then he tossed the carbine a short distance away. He helped Alvarez stand up and looped the medic's arm over his shoulders so the two of them would be able to walk slowly. Flynn had not yet discarded his pistol.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Your pistol also," shouts Gardner. "I don't want no funny business with you lot sneaking around for me!" He watches them carefully, feeling skittish. He aims carefully, ready to fire if anything untoward happens."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Listening to ´Tony, Kat is somewhat surprised that he´s been able to deter the rebellious soldiers. She relaxes even more and makes sure her shoes are tied properly. Then waits for the NG to finish his task of target practice. Knowing him, only briefly, I´m sure he won´t let anyone leave...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw Flynn leave his pistol on the ground near the dropped M-4. "It's done!" Flynn shouted, before starting to move Alvarez slowly toward the road to the south. They had only moved a handful of yards so far. Meanwhile, the large mobile home that had been stopped on the road half a mile to the east executed a rapid three-point turn and ended up facing back east toward Alvarez, Flynn, and the farmhouse. Then it started moving forward. The man he had seen on the roof was now in the driver's seat, and there was no sign of the girl he had seen; presumably she had retreated into the vehicle's interior.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner, seeing his plans hastened, will fire a precise shot burst at Flynn, chewing his bottom lip as he does so but in his enthusiasm he misses so badly the bullets thud into the ground behind them.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner was stunned to see his M-16 jam as soon as he pulled the trigger. It didn't so much as make a sound, which at least meant that Alvarez and Flynn were still unaware of his intentions, though they may very well have suspected.

(Don't roll to clear the jam yet, as that will have to wait until next round if you want to do that. The next update will probably be Sunday night.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Let me out and let me help you ´Tony!" The back seat seemed smaller all of a sudden. Better to do something than just look pretty!
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
As Gardner watched in frustration, Alvarez and Flynn hobbled slowly through the corn toward the edge of the road. They were about halfway there now. The RV sped forward down the road to meet them and closed about a third of the distance. It would probably arrive at the same time they reached the roadside.

(Gardner, if you want to try to clear the jammed M-16, make a Rifle roll against your unmodified skill. Mechanical Repair could be used instead, but your weapon skill is higher. If you succeed, roll 1d6 to see how many rounds it will take including this coming one. If you fail, you waste this round but can try again next round. If you crtiically fail, you'll break the weapon.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”