IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner presumed they were planning something terrible and he could hearwhat Kathryn was doing in the background. They might have any sort of plan ... he needed to get his meat shield back. He got up and headed for where she was as quickly as he could.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat kicks again but the force is misplaced. I´m getting out, just one more kick!, she thinks and prepares for another one...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner left his post at the window and rushed back to the garage. He passed through the connecting door just as Kathryn was kicking the window on the opposite side of the car again. It shook, but it did not appear to suffer any further damage. Her repeated kicks had cracked it badly. It was still holding for now, but it would not last forever.

(Gardner may act before Kathryn does, since he has higher DEX.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner raises the gun and points it through the window at her, his finger tensing on the trigger. Then he smiles, and turns on the radio on his helmet, using the same frequency as before, hoping the others will hear it. "Y'know, I'm kinda getting sick of this bitch screaming at me all the time. Looks like she wants her boyfriends to help her... Very well. Not sure what to do right now ... I could try and trade her for Flynn. He's so willing to risk his life, I'm wondering if he'll risk it more fully. Or I could just shoot her where she stands... At this range, I can't miss." He checks his gun to see how much ammunition he has inside it. He also checks to see if he has any grenades - in all the fuss, he can't remember if he does or not. "What do you guys say? I'm thinking I can move a lot faster without all of this loose baggage." He gives her a sickly smile.

It looks like all of her credibility has been lost with her attempts to escape. He's half-crazed with impotent rage at how she keeps trying to abandon him. Perhaps it would be easier ... so much easier ... to move without her. Perhaps...

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw that he had twelve bullets left in the current magazine, though it would be a simple enough matter to exchange it for a full one. He had only one grenade remaining.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ignoring the NG she desperately launches a kick at the window. Smash the window, out, away. Freedom! He could miss...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner puts in a full clip and moves to a safe area, preferably with a good view around and some cover.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

...and she kicks. If I can help the others by distracting him - giving them time to breathe - someway I will. They did come after me after all - it´s the least I can do!, the thoughts tush through her head. Just a little bit more...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the garage-
Gardner reloaded his M-16 with a fresh clip. So far there had been no response on the radio. Kathryn kicked the window yet again, but it did not budge in the slightest.

(Gardner may act first, then it's Kathryn's turn.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(If I read this correctly, Gardner is NOT hovering by the car, correct?)
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner settles himself by the closed garage door so that he can watch both the internal door and Kathryn in the car. "There's an RV out there they came in on ... a family car. Why would they pick that unless they met up with some kind of family? I know if I were to hot wire a car, it wouldn't be an RV. So maybe they got a lift from hippies, or a family, but either way that's more civilians. I shot out their engine and now they're stuck. But I promise you, if you sit down like a good girl, I won't go out there and take out those civilians. Because all it'll take is one grenade..." He motions to the grenade.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ignoring the threat Kat makes another tryat the window facing away from the door. This is NOT happening! The window was giving her grey hair... it must break soon. She´s sure there was a crack from the spidery pattern forming in the glass. Just get him distracted, ignore him! That worked at the farm, all those years ago. Then everything was good again. Till next summer...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the garage-
Kathryn kicked the window again, but it still held.

(Gardner and Kathryn, roll Listen. Gardner, you have -5 to your roll because of your helmet. Gardner gets to act first, and then Kathryn can act again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Speaking of evidence, are there any women or children aboard that RV? Civilian women and children, I mean? I held my fire because I realised there was the chance... If there are any, is there any chance of getting them the hell out of range? Don't want any stray bullets hitting soft targets ... we've had enough of that already. I really don't think you're going to let Flynn come on over here without a trick up your sleeve ... but I thought it'd get you lot speaking to me. Now how's this for an option? We make sure all of the civilians are nice and safely away from us while we have our little talk while Flynn attempts to sneak up behind me. That way, no more innocents have to die. I have more than enough innocent blood on my fingers, how about you?" He sighs deeply and then listensfor any sounds of Flynn approaching. "Oh yeah, and you should be able to hear Kathryn even from there..." He shoots her a glare. "She has far less interest in keeping civilians out of the combat zone than I do right now. Back then there was shit at stake that there isn't now ... now it's just our lives on the line because of the vendetta you want to play out."

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

She listens to Gardner´s con and kicks again , unaware of anything outside. Her feet skids off of the sleek glass.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner begins raising the garage door.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the garage-
The garage door finished rising. Gardner took a look outside and saw the RV driving away on the road to the west. It was now about a quarter of a mile away.

(Gardner, if you want to fire at it, you have the same chance that you did before, but next round it will be at longer range. For now you may fire a burst with a 60% chance to hit, though the driver may be able to evade with a successful Drive Auto roll. Firing a single shot at the tires has a 30% chance to hit at this range, and firing one at the fuel tank has a 10% chance to hit. Kathryn, you may act after Gardner does.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner fires a burst but only one hits (Why always only one?!).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(We'll see if it hits when Flynn does his Drive Auto roll. Go ahead and roll 2d8 damage. If he fails his roll, I'll apply the damage and see if anything special happens. Kathryn, you can go ahead and kick again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”