IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
As Gardner worked feverishly to unjam his M-16, he saw Flynn suddenly double back at a run and scoop up the dropped weapons.

(After this round, it will take two more rounds to finish clearing the jam.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing Gardner struggle with the M-16 and taking in the fact he was determined to manage by himself - to the end, Kat takes cover on the floor of the cruiser. She pulls the blanket over her head to avoid a spray of glass, should the window shatter by some lost round.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner watched Flynn help Alvarez out of the cornfield while he continued to work on his rifle. The RV pulled up alongside them as they emerged right in front of its side door.

(It will take one more round to finish clearing the jam.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw the blond man, carrying a golf club, open the door from within the RV. A woman with dark hair who looked to be about forty, though still attractive, helped bring Alvarez inside. Then she handed Flynn a familiar-looking rolled up spike strip, and the man stepped out and spoke briefly to Flynn. Flynn took off his helmet and gave it, two grenades, the spike strip, and a flashlight to the man before getting into the RV and closing the door. The unidentified man ran around to the other side of the RV, hidden from view. Flynn soon appeared in the front of the vehicle and sat down in the driver's seat. He was just starting to pull out when Gardner finally cleared his jammed weapon.

(Gardner, you may now fire, and you may use precision aim with no problem. The RV is a SIZ 50 vehicle, which means you get +10 to your base chance to hit if you shoot at it. The rules specify the base chance, so this is applied before your skill is halved due to the range. Since your skill is 70%, this will effectively make it 80. Then it will be halved to 40 due to range and finally increased +20 to 60 for firing a burst. If you choose to fire a burst and you hit, roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit and roll damage for each bullet that hits as normal and I'll tell you what happens to the vehicle as a result. You may target a specific part of the RV, but if you do so then you do not get the +10 from its large size and you may not also fire a burst. Your base chance will thus be 55%, with a -5 penalty to shoot at a tire or the engine block, a -10 penalty to shoot at the driver, or a -25 penalty to shoot at the fuel tank. You cannot also aim at a particular part of Flynn's body if you target him while the vehicle is in motion. If you hit him, you'll roll 1d10+10 for hit location instead of 1d20 since only his upper body is visible.

If you do roll a hit, Flynn will get a chance to roll Drive Auto and evade your shot if he succeeds.

Finally, if you'd rather not do the rolling, just post your action and let me know you want me to roll for you.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Realising that he's been conned, they merely wanted to get the injured man on the van before coming for him again, he fires off a burst that hits the vehicle but only one bullet hits.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Go ahead and roll 2d8 for damage. It'll only be applied if Flynn fails his Drive roll, and there may be other effects on the vehicle. Kabukiman won't be able to post until Monday, unfortunately.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The vehicle,if hit, will be walloped for a sizable amount of damage.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I edited the post above to describe more accurately what Gardner saw of the events in the other thread. We'll have to wait a few days to see what happens, but Kathryn can still act this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Not much to do, stuck in a strong-box!)

When the anticipated hail of bullets don´t hit their position, Kat makes a new kicking attempt at the window facing away from Gardner. "I gotta get out of here before we´re Swiss cheese!" I´m not staying here any more...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner saw Flynn try to swerve out of the way, but he was too slow to avoid the spray of lead. One of the bullets struck the RV's engine block as it was turning, and the vehicle began to lose speed.

(Gardner, you may fire again using the same rules as last round if you wish. Also, roll Spot Hidden, at -5 because of your helmet.)

Kathryn kicked at the window again, but once more it refused to budge.

(Kathryn, you may make another Kick roll now.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

This time she heard it crack... but nothing more. Kat readies yet another bashing attempt...
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner fails to see anything. He fires off another spray of lead - a good shot.

OOC: Can I see Kathryn where I am?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You can't see Kathryn from here, especially since you're looking out the window to aim, but you can sure hear her!)

In the farmhouse-
To Gardner's amazement, Flynn shifted gears at just the right time, slamming into reverse, and the spray of bullets went through the space the RV had previously occupied and struck the asphalt. Flynn completed a 3-point turn and the RV coasted to a halt with its back pointing towards Gardner. He could not see the front or the left side of it any longer.

(Gardner, you may fire again if you wish with the same rules. You can no longer aim at the driver or the engine, though there's little point in shooting the latter since you've already knocked it out of commission. The fuel tank and the tires on the right and rear are still vulnerable, but you can only fire a single shot if you target them, you do not get the SIZ bonus, and you have the penalty to hit. You can fire another burst at the RV if you wish as before, and this time Flynn cannot evade since the RV is stopped. You cannot see any people to shoot at, however.)

Kathryn kicked the window again, but it remained undamaged.

(Kathryn, you may try another Kick roll.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You kick one more time to go for your boyfriends and I'll come for you next!" Gardner shouted. Then he fired another burst that should hit - just.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, that hits. You have a 60% chance to hit, as it happens. Go ahead and roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit, then roll 2d8 damage for each one that hits.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Let me out then!" She screams back. "Or I´ll have to get out by MYSELF!" She tries to get his attention. "I CAN be of use-if you let me." She holds her kick for a while...
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yeah, like it'd be me you'd help!" growls Gardner.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Realizing she´s only postponing her own inevitable demise by trying to get Gardner to help her she decides to kick the window, with a vengeance. "No, I´ll help myself!", only half believing her words she watches the result of her kick.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the farmhouse-
Gardner's bullet struck the RV and penetrated deep into the chassis, but did no special damage to the stopped vehicle. It had taken heavy damage, but it could still be driven - if the engine were working.

(Gardner, roll Listen, at -5 due to your helmet, to see if your hearing detects that Kathryn's kick has actually damaged the window - though you can't miss the sound of her trying. You may fire again if you wish, with the same chances as before.)

Kathryn slammed the window again with both feet, and this time she managed to do some serious damage to it. Cracks spiderwebbed out from the point of impact, but the window had not yet broken.

(Kathryn, you may roll Kick again, though your kick will take effect after Gardner acts. The window is reinforced and has 2 points of armor, so any hit will have its damage reduced by 2. Thus, your last kick did 3 damage to the window. It can take 2 more before breaking, so if you hit and get 4 damage or higher, it will shatter.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”