IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Erica Spears is moving to this thread: Destination Omaha.

Kathryn remains in the current thread.)

Outside the tower-
Kathryn ran out of the tower's front door a little behind Erica, but instead of running for the chopper, she ran north around the side of the tower to get out of Gardner's line of fire.

Dr. Smith used his scalpel to slice off the duct tape binding Erica's wrists. "Come on!" he yelled, running back to the chopper. Erica peeled off the tape over her mouth as she ran, passing him and leaping into the pilot's seat, then slamming the door behind her. Dr. Smith scooped up the pistol he had dropped and scurried into the rightmost rear seat. Erica had already lifted off a few inches from the ground by the time he was inside. He closed his door as she rose higher still.

Gardner pursued Kathryn outside, but he was too late to prevent the helicopter from taking off. He no longer had a hostage in his possession, and even if he had, he knew that Erica would take off anyway and the chopper would still be lost to him. Gritting his teeth in frustration, he turned to the police cruiser parked just outside the front door and jumped behind the wheel. He drove after Kathryn, slinging the M-16 on his back and drawing his pistol. He pulled in front of her, cutting off her escape on the north side of the tower. Then he opened his door and pointed the gun at her. "Hold it right there!" he demanded.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Still being gagged, she looks at the persistent NG, standing entirely still.
"What now, a trip to mowhere? " A tune by The Talking Heads comes to Kat´s mind.

(I might have leverage if the laptop can get to the chopper by some satelite link or something... The plan is to get Gardner to see the possible use of her. Besides the obvious in his mind!)
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue May 13, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The laptop is on the second floor landing of the tower stairwell. Kathryn can't talk to Gardner while gagged, he has no intention of going back in there, and even if he did the chopper would be long gone by the time he could retrieve it. Whether or not the laptop could link to the chopper, she could always bluff and claim it can - if she could talk.)

Outside the tower-
"You sure are a handful," said Gardner, hopping out of the car and approaching Kathryn. "I think you're worth it, though." He opened the rear door with his free hand while keeping his pistol trained on her. Then he took her by the arm and dragged her over, gesturing to the back seat. "Get in."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat crawls into the couch of the back seat and waits for the NG to untie her.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the tower-
The rear seat of the police car was designed for transporting prisoners. The glass on the rear windshield and the windows was all reinforced. There was also a similar glass barrier between the front and rear compartments that was further backed up by a wire mesh. There was nothing of note in the back of the car, though the seat was comfortable enough. Gardner secured Kathryn's seatbelt. Instead of untying her, he simply shut the back door and locked it. Then he circled around to the other side and locked that door too. Unlike ordinary cars, the back doors in police cruisers could only be locked and unlocked from the outside, not the inside. Kathryn realized with growing dread that she was now trapped.

Gardner got in the driver's seat, closed his door, buckled himself in, and pulled out. He drove around to the east side of the tower and sped south, picking up speed as he went. The helicopter roared past overhead, moving east beyond the tower and receding into the distance until it was no longer visible. The road they were on went alongside one of the runways, and soon it turned into the main road leading south and away from the airfield.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"OK, I´m trapped real good here, but I´m also quite protected from stray bullets, should there be a pursuit by the guys in the basement..." Kat tries to wriggle her hands free using the buckle in the couch to aid her. -Ignoring any pain - she really has to gain some mobility and get rid of that gag!
They had to be a team if they should get through this - even if she had to be a concubine to this mad soldier.

(She still has the stapler and the camera, right? While trying to get free from the duct tape, she scanned the front seat for weapons. She deducts there´s probably a shotgun benath the passenger seat ...)
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the police cruiser-
Kathryn could see the holder for the shotgun between the two front seats, but the shotgun was no longer present. Perhaps that was the shotgun the female police sergeant had been holding.

(Kathryn, to try to get your arms free of the duct tape, make a Dex x 1 roll on 1d100. Yes, you still have both the stapler and the camera.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Unable to get the duct tape off, Kat tries to get the gag off by rubbing her face at the window dividers.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Kathryn can't reach the divider while she's strapped in, and even if she could that would still require a Dex x 1 roll, but if she can get her hands free it will be trivial to remove the duct tape from her mouth.)

In the police cruiser-
As Gardner drove away south on the road at high speed, he looked out the window as the helicopter vanished from view. Damn that Erica bitch! he thought. I was so close, and she ruined everything. If I ever see her again... He glanced in the rear view mirror and was pleased to see that there was no pursuit in sight. He eyed Kathryn in the mirror as she squirmed, but he didn't see what she was trying to do.

"Just relax, Kathryn," he said. "As much as I've enjoyed chasing you around, all these stunts you keep pulling are starting to get annoying. You're not going to escape, and nobody is going to rescue you, so you might as well give up thinking about it and accept the situation. There's nothing you can do, so just lean back and enjoy the ride."

(Kathryn, roll Dex x 1 again if you want to keep trying to free yourself.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Knowing Gardner can´t ge to her through the protective glass, she made another attempt to get free - to no avail.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the police cruiser-
Gardner drove onwards, and soon the road came to an end at a T-junction with another road heading east and west. The eastbound lane, to the left, went on for a few miles before another road led north towards the suburbs of Kearney. Kathryn had gone that way every day during her commute to and from work. The westbound lane, on the right, led only to back roads and farm country as far as she knew. Gardner swung around the corner and turned right, taking her away from everything she knew and towards an unknown and terrifying fate.

(Kathryn, you may make two more Dex x 1 rolls now to try to get your arms free.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Deliverance II "Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding ding-ding-dong.")
Kat curses under the tape as she is unable to get free!
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the police cruiser-
Gardner drove on for a couple more miles, across empty and featureless flat land. Soon he reached a crossroads, where a road leading north and south intersected this one. It was completely deserted, with nothing in either direction as far as they eye can see. He zoomed through the intersection without even slowing down. Now that some time had passed and he'd had a chance to cool off, he seemed to be calming down somewhat. "I'm sorry about everything that happened back there at the airfield, Kathryn," he said. "It was never my plan for anyone to die. I just wanted to survive, and that helicopter was my ticket out of that deathtrap. But we're not licked yet. We'll get through this, both of us."

(Kathryn, you may roll Dex x 1 once more.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The calmer, yet still menacing, voice of Gardner almost sounds pleasant as she manages to get her tied up hands to loosen up a bit. Her eyes remain concentrated on the rearview mirror as Gardner meets her gaze. She tries to smile...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the police cruiser-
After much wriggling and squirming, Kathryn finally managed to free her arms from the duct tape. Gardner couldn't see that they were free, as her arms were still behind her back. He couldn't see her smile, either, as duct tape still covered her mouth, but his eyes met hers in the rear view mirror and he saw the warmth in them. He grinned at her in turn.

About a mile beyond the intersection, Gardner was driving past a farm that was on the left side of the road, one of the closest to the airfield. A dirt road a short distance ahead branched off to the left towards a one-story farmhouse about a hundred yards back from the road, and beyond that a barn. The ranch house had a garage attached on the right hand side. The garage door had been left wide open, and there were no vehicles or people visible inside. The paved road continued straight past the farm.

(Okay, Laraqua, you're in the driver's seat. Post when ready, and have fun!)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner glances over at the farm for a long moment, wishing he could just pull over and borrow the kitchen for a little while. Maybe try to do this properly. True, Kathryn hardly deserved it, but few women could resist his culinary skills. The ... earlier moment together was exciting, sure, but he wanted to see Kathryn want it. He smiled as he drove past the farm a little ways, moving to where the road is clearer on either side, before pulling over. Leaving the engine idling, he opens the door and pees out the gap. At least this way he'd get the best of both worlds. Once a woman was willing, he could never bring himself to force them - largely because the boredom would set in and they'd soon seem to not be worth the effort, although he'd always wondered what it'd be like to watch them struggle. Now he was sufficiently aroused by this girl, a pussy worth chasing, he could later have her wanting. Best of all, she excited him on so many levels that he thought that, maybe, seeing how things pan out, he might even consider making an honest woman out of her. After all, she was no easy lay, and she was hot as hell. Finally make his mother proud, if she were still alive. Finally settle down, have a few kids, once this was all over.

OOC: When was the last time I ate? Slept? What's my equipment look like? Am I thirsty?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

On the road-
In the police cruiser-

Seeing the change in Gardner´s demeanor Kat got her right hand out and ripped off the tape covering her mouth. "Hey, Gardner, honey! You´re not going to head out here without cover, are you? I´m pretty good with a sidearm. Better to have four eyes than two with all these infected people running around."
My coolness under fire and the fact I´m not prone to go hysterical with all the good guys biting the grass, must convince him I´m not going to break down. I better stick with this NG as my protector and Democles sword.
"You really need to brush up on your tying skill, you wanted me to get free, right? Let´s check this site is free of hostiles, then we can access the farm."
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner looked over at her and arched one eyebrow, smirking at the idea that she should be trusted with a sidearm just yet. "I'd say there was no point tying you up but you look so damn fine gagged and tied, that I'd be lying." He looked over at the farm yard. He wasn't keen on being in cramped confines with potential zombies but he'd managed to front up to a sizable number of armed forces without taking any damage. He tried to gauge how far away, time-wise, before they'd reach their destination. He also looked up at the sky to try and guesstimate how much time before nightfall. "Gimme a second." He double-checked the grille separating them was secure before making a search of the vehicle - turning off the car to conserve fuel. He wanted to know if there was any food, water, any other gear in the vehicle. There should be road flares and a flashlight in the boot at least. There might be doughnuts or some-such in the glove compartment.

"While I check this car out, honey, you wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for the monsters? Wouldn't want me getting eaten before you get freed, right?" As he went, he decided to make a little idle chit chat. The noise would hopefully alert any nearby zombies, meaning he'd get to know if there were any around. "Anyway, why'd a cute girl like you end up in that dead end job back there, anyhow? Woulda figured you could get whatever job you wanted by batting those pretty little eyes of yours."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Gardner looked inside the glove compartment. Since the police cruiser was a Highway Patrol vehicle, there were very detailed and up-to-date road maps of the entire state of Nebraska inside. Unfortunately, there were no maps for other states. He also found a pair of handcuffs and a key to go with it. He couldn't help but think of the fun he could have with Kathryn using them. In the trunk of the car were a spare tire, a toolbox, road flares, and a flashlight. There was no food in the car other than what he carried.

The road remained as deserted as it had been. There was no sign of any zombies anywhere nearby, nor were any other vehicles around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

On the road-

Kat unbuckles and checks the rear window to spot hostiles outside. "I try to get some references so I can get a position at a more up to date airport. Besides one meet all kinds of people at a place like this." The last bit sounds sarcastic... McCoy gets out the digital and uses the zoom to get a better view of the surroundings.
Besides the memory chip, this is all its good for...
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”