IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Abducted(Anthony Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat starts to feel her legs protest from the effort of kicking! Forcefully she misses the accurate spot.

(Maximum damage, however a failure, then again-how can she miss-really? nag nag...)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Like I said when you start kicking, a "miss" simply means that you didn't hit the window well enough to do any significant damage, not that you actually missed it. :P )

At the garage-
Gardner fired an accurate burst, but the RV expertly weaved at the last second, and none of his bullets struck home. The huge camper raced away down the road to the west. Kathryn kicked at the window again, but it still held.

(Gardner, it's your turn to act now. If you wish to fire again, you're now at 1/4 skill, though firing a burst will still give you the +20 bonus. This gives you a 40% chance to hit, but again Flynn would get to roll Drive Auto to try to evade. I'll roll for him while Kabukiman's on vacation. After you go, then it's Kathryn's turn again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner misses and starts cursing. Then he gazes about the world outside, hiding half his body behind the wall near the garage door. He tries to see if anyone's creeping about - particularly zombies.

"They're gone, Kathryn. They're gone and if you keep trying to escape you'll just run into zombies. Hell, the zombies are probably heading here and now we most certainly can't head on out to where they're going." He groans. "They got done by that spike strip ... I wonder if they've laid one out for me, too."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Swell, ´Tony! How do you plan getting the officials at WAFB to buy your story when we get there? If I´m correct, Flynn and Alvarez weren´t the only ones who managed to leave the air field. The chopper´s probably there already!" Kat seats herself properly and adjusts the belts that have traveled up her waist. The halterneck gave her a lot of maneuverability. As she talks to Gardner positioned by the open door she looks at the upcoming weather conditions and tries to see evidence of aerial activity in the sky.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the garage-
The area appeared to be completely deserted. The only movement Gardner could see was the rapidly retreating RV, now half a mile away to the west. The sky was clear, and there was no evidence of any aerial activity. There were no aircraft visible, and there wasn't so much as a contrail. Kathryn couldn't see much through the open garage door while she was seated in the back of the car, but the sky looked clear to her too. The helicopter had been the first aircraft they had detected at the airfield for quite some time, and there had been none in the area since.

(Gardner, if you want to fire at the RV now, you'll be at 1/8 skill. Firing a burst will at most double this, which gives you only a 20% chance.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner keepssurveying the area. If zombies haven't appeared yet, it's only a matter of time. "It's a little too late to bitch now, little lady, you should have thought of that before trying to distract me for your little friends! Now we're stuck out here with zombies coming, Flynn no doubt hiding out there, and a spike strip going to rip out my tyres."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"There must be maintenance trails for the farm vehicles between the fields... Can´t we take one of them and get out on the road further on?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Gardner continued to look around for a minute, but he saw nothing out of the ordinary. The RV vanished from sight to the west, and now he could see no movement at all anywhere within his line of sight.

(Gardner and Kathryn, roll Listen. Gardner, your roll is at -5 due to your helmet.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Waiting for a response to the farm trail suggestion, Kat makes something out from outside the garage...
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Both Gardner and Kathryn heard a single set of footsteps from across the road, in the cornfield on the opposite side some 20 yards away. They were approaching from the west.

(That was a Listen roll I was asking for, not a Spot Hidden. I'll count that as your Listen roll. You may both roll Spot Hidden now. Gardner, you've got a -5 penalty from your helmet, as before.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner sees nothing when he casually pokes his head around.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Gardner obscures her line of sight and Kat is unable to pin point the movement.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the garage-
Both Gardner and Kathryn could hear the footsteps in the cornfield, but neither could see what was producing them. Kathryn was able to see the cornstalks being brushed aside, but she could not make out any details. The footsteps stopped directly across the road from the garage.

(You may both roll Spot Hidden and Listen again, with a -5 penalty for Gardner as before.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Gardner sees and hears what's out there.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat follows Gardner´s line of sight and takes it all in.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the farmhouse-
Gardner and Kathryn both heard a distant crack far to the west, probably a gunshot. But it was what they saw very close by that drew their full attention...

(Both of you are moving to this thread: Deliverance)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”