IC-OVER-Beauty and the Beast(Erica Spears/Gardner/Dawkins)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OVER-Beauty and the Beast(Erica Spears/Gardner/Dawkins)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 2:32 PM Central Time - Airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
On the fire escape-
Corporal Anthony Gardner dragged Erica Spears down the fire escape stairs as gunfire rang out below, pausing on the fifth floor landing to slap a piece of duct tape over her mouth. "I'd better not have any trouble from you," he whispered into her ear, just loud enough for her to hear over the fire alarm. "Remember, just because I want you alive doesn't mean I can't punish you, and all it will take is one word from me over the radio and Kathryn dies. Understand?"

Erica nodded reluctantly. Tears spilled unbidden down her cheeks. Gardner ran his tongue down her neck, and she cringed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OVER-Beauty and the Beast(Erica Spears/Anthony Gardner)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the fire escape-
Gardner pulled Erica back towards the stairs. He almost saw the open warehouse doors out of the corner of his eye, but Erica and the zombies took away his attention. He merely shrugged as Dawkins took out the nearer of the two remaining zombies, leaving just one a couple of hundred yards east of the warehouses. Erica, however, swallowed in terror at the sight. Her whole situation was just too much to bear. Faced with certain knowledge that she would be raped or devoured alive - or both - Erica just let her mind go blank. She offered no resistance as Gardner dragged her down another flight of steps to the fourth floor landing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the fire escape-
Gardner still didn't notice anything out of place, as he had eyes only for Erica. He frowned deeply when he heard something on the radio and spun on his heel, pushing Erica back up the stairs ahead of him. When they reached the fifth floor landing, he called up to Dawkins: "I wish you hadn't gone and said that! We can't trust Flynn and Alvarez any more, they've been compromised and I don't want them knowing our position or status. Maintain radio silence from here on out."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Gardner is on the 5th floor, one floor below the roof? Is he continuing up to the roof? Also, has Kathryn started down the stairs? I am going to try and spot Kathryn if he had not yet taken off down the stairs.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, the fifth floor is one floor below the roof and he is on his way back up. Kathryn has already started down the stairs.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit Gardner! I didn't know we couldn't trust them" Dawkins said as she shouldered her rifle and watched Gardner ascent. Once he has ascended a little less that half way up to the roof Dawkins snaps her head toward the stairwell and exclaims, "Son of a bitch! That tramp made a run for it!" "Head her off at the 5th floor! I'll watch this bitch!" she yells while drawing her pistol and motioning for the 5th floor door near Gardner.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OVER-Beauty and the Beast(Erica Spears/Gardner/Dawkins)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
Gardner did not even slow down. He kept pulling Erica up the stairs in front of him. "You just lost the other one right after I left her with you!" he said, glaring at Dawkins. "Not a chance. She stays with me, and I'll go hunt down Kathryn. The fire doors don't open from outside, so I'll take the stairs. You stay here and keep an eye out." He reached the top of the stairs and dragged Erica onto the roof, then ran towards the central stairwell with her, glancing back as he went.

The shrill fire alarm finally stopped.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: is the penalty for aiming for a specific part of the body the same as aiming for the head (-5%)? No. I am not aiming for his groin, although I should. Once Gardners moved past me towards the door and has his back to me, I am thinking I am going to shoot him in the arm/shoulder he is holding his gun in.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(It is the same penalty, but keep in mind that you must use precision aim to do this. If you do, you will act during the second Dex cycle at 1/2 Dex, or 9 in your case. This means that Gardner would have the opportunity to shoot first as long as he doesn't use precision aim too. He is looking back frequently, so he'd see you aiming. If you don't use precision aim, then you will have to roll a random hit location on 1d20 if you hit, but you would use your full skill. If you do that, you get one shot with your pistol first, since that's the weapon in your hand. Then Gardner gets to return fire with his pistol. After that, you each would fire your second shot in turn, and finally Erica would have a chance to act. His gun is in his right hand. Let me know what you decide to do. Also, roll Luck if you fire and miss.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Would I be able to follow him to the door to hold the door open for him, and put the gun to his shoulder and fire? I'm sure I am over simplifying something that the rules probably don't account for.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(If you want to follow him to the door that closely, he'll notice. You would still get to shoot first, but you can't use precision aim and must still roll a random location. You would, however, get the point blank bonus if you do so - but so will he if he gets to return fire! If you want to follow at a longer distance, roll Sneak. Even if you fail, he might not necessarily hear you. If you do follow him at a distance, he'll be partway down the stairs by the time you get there, but you'll still see him.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

As Gardner makes his way across the roof to the stairs, Dawkins seeths with his mans very existance. Once he enters the stairwell and proceeds down, Dawkins makes sure the door closes firmly behind him (removing the pens if neccessary). Once the door is closed, she keys her radio: "Alvarez, Flynn. That bastard Gardner is on his way down the inner stairs from the roof. He has the pilot with him still. I assume you two are done following his crazy ass orders, seeing how you allowed the men to escape from the warehouse. I'm done following his orders too."
She walks over to the fire escape looking for a sign from anyone from below, and watching for Gardner in case he exits from there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Just to clarify: are you sending that message out on the common radio channel everyone uses, or on channel 16?)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(To everyone since I assume Kathryn has not made it all the way down. I also want Gardner to know that he is on his own now.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
Dawkins removed the pens from the access door and closed it, automatically locking it. She could still open it from her side, but it was locked from the inside. She sent out her message on the radio.

(Dawkins, roll Listen. Remember that there's a -5% penalty due to your helmet.

Gardner and Erica Spears are moving to this thread: Tower of Terror. Dawkins remains in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Dawkins is seething for hate with for Gardner and formulating plans to take him down and hears nothing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
A loud explosion from below rang out, temporarily deafening Dawkins. The tower seemed to vibrate from the impact.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Dawkins stumbles as the blast rocks the tower. After steadying herself, she looks around in an attempt to determine where the blast came from.

"Alvarex, Flynn. Report. What's going on down there?" she barks into her radio.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
Dawkins could hear no reply over the radio. While it was possible nobody had replied, it was far more likely that this was because she still couldn't hear anything at all, not even the sound of her own voice. The detonation had seemed to come from the floor just below the roof, and it had sounded like a hand grenade going off.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Son of a bitch, Dawkins thinks.

"Alvarez, Flynn. That sounded like a hand grenade and it sounded like it went off right below me. Get everyone out of the tower, now!"

With that, Dawkins shoulders her rifle once again and walks towards the fire escape. Alternating between watching from wathing for someone to exit onto the fire escape and someone getting through the stairwell door, somehow.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”