IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 2:29 PM Central Time - Airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
In the tower lobby-
Diane and Rick led the way into the tower through the shattered front door and ran for the central stairwell. Before they got there, Private Julio Alvarez emerged from the stairwell door. Both cops pointed their weapons at him. Diane had a Mossberg shotgun, and Rick wielded a .357 Magnum.

"Freeze, punk!" shouted Rick, raising his voice to be heard above the fire alarm.

"I'm Sergeant Diane Ford of the Nebraska State Police!" called his partner. "Drop your weapons and put your hands in the air! You're under arrest for kidnapping and interfering with official police business, and that's just for starters!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(Hangar group/Alvarez)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvarez did the math quickly and put his M-4 on the ground. He left his Berreta in his holster along with his grenades and his combat knife. "Listen, I am on the good side. My Coporal has gone around the bend. He has kidnapped a women pilot upstairs along with the tower control person and he wishes to rape them both. I was going to go get help from the guys he had placed in Hanger 1, they are from the helicopter. We need to take him out. Then I was promised a ride out of here. We have zombies coming for us right now so it is in your best interest to let me do my job and help get us out of here."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
"We've got to save them!" said Rick.

"How can we be sure we can trust this guy?" said Diane. "He could be making this up for all we know. And I said drop your weapons, plural. That means all of them."

(Alvarez, roll Persuade or Fast Talk if you want to try to convince Diane you're telling the truth. Also, everyone roll Listen. This roll is at half skill due to the fire alarm. Alvarez has an additional -5% penalty from his helmet, applied after his skill is halved. Characters who enter this thread at this point may also attempt this Listen roll.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Occ-
What is the usual skill roll for Listen since i do not have it.
What is the usual skill roll for Fast Talk or Persuade because again I do not have it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The base skill for Listen is 25%. Halved, this is 12.5%, or 7.5% with the helmet penalty, so you'd need a 7 or less as before. Fast Talk is 5% and Persuade is 15%, so you'd be better off using Persuade.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alverez sighed. As he thought of what to say he paused to see if he heard anything unusual. He did not hear anything.
"Listen, there are zombie creatures coming toward this very building as we speak. My pistol, knife, and grenades are all holsted in my belt. You have weapons pointed at me. You can see my hands. I put down my M-4 in good faith despite this being a millitary base and you being a civilian. You will be able to see me going for my pistol and will be able to blow me away before I had a chance to raise it. So I am keeping those weapons on me so I can fight the creatures. You have a problem with it then tough luck because as i stated before you are trespassing on millitary ground and I have every right to arrest you instead."
He then paused and tried to persade the cops about what he had been saying about Gardner holding the women hostage. He saw that he almost had convinced the two but they did not buy his story. Keeping his hands in the open he said, "Do you want to talk to my corperal? He is so proud of kidnapping the girls that he will most likly tell you himself. Here is my radio, I can call him up if you want."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
Dr. Bernard Smith entered through the shattered doors, a pistol in his hand. Lucy Armstrong came in behind him, leading Stephanie Bridges and Dr. Brigetta Hausmann. Lucy had a steel pipe strapped to her back, but no gun was visible. "Here, let me help you with that," she said, unwinding the duct tape securing Stephanie's arms behind her back.

"And give away the fact that we're here?" said Diane, frowning at Alvarez. "Surprise is the only advantage we've got. Look, maybe you're telling the truth, but maybe you're not. But you're in no position to negotiate here. If you really want to save those women, you'll cooperate with us fully." She paused, glancing at Rick but keeping her shotgun pointed at Alvarez. She lowered her voice. "You hear that? Sounds like three sets of running footsteps, coming from the back of the tower."

(Everyone roll Listen at half skill again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(Hangar group/Scientists/Alvarez)

Alvarez looked at the many guns facing him. He said, "Girls, tell them about your friend and how I am helping save her. We can all do it together right now. And you know what I do not even care about getting out of here now anymore. I mean I would like to get to Omaha and see my girl but I am afriad that if Gardner wins he kills me and if he see does not win he will take down as many of us as he can before he goes down himself. So I am most likly a dead man. Please do this or this cop will shoot me!" While he was talking he tried to hear what the cop had heard but he did not hear anything because of his helmet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(Hangar group/Scientists/Alvarez)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
"The soldier is right, woman, he's on our civilian side!" called Bob's voice from behind the tower over the din of the alarm. "There is no need for us to fight each other." He paused. "And we've got: INCOMING!"

Lucy finished pulling the duct tape off of Stephanie's arms. She ripped away the tape covering her mouth. "It's true," she told Diane Ford, "Alvarez said he's on our side, and he thinks Flynn is too, but he isn't sure. I'm the one who convinced him to come in here to rescue Erica." She gently removed the tape from Dr. Hausmann's mouth as well.

"Okay," said Diane. She nodded to Alvarez. "You can pick up your M-4 again. I think you're gonna need it..."

Harry Flynn, Bo, and Bob rushed in through the back door. They couldn't see the others in the lobby because the central stairwell and shaft blocked their view, but they could hear their raised voices. "Stephanie!" called Bo. "Thank God you're okay. Stay well back, we've got company!" He positioned himself on the east side of the round central column and faced the doorway, his shotgun raised. Three zombies were running headlong towards it. A rifle shot rang out from above, and one with a knife sticking out of its chest fell, its skull splintered.

(Harry Flynn and Bob, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, so if you succeed you lose no Sanity. If you fail, you lose 1d10 points. If you lose 5 or more points, you must roll Idea. Failure means you can act freely, but if you succeed you will go temporarily insane. As long as you stay sane, you have one combat round to shoot. There is time to aim for the head, at a -5% penalty. Bob may either fire his .45 once or his 9mm twice at the same target at normal skill, but firing both at the same time will result in massive skill penalties that really aren't worth it. Flynn gets two shots with his pistol.

Anyone else in the lobby may move around the wide central shaft this round. If you do, you must roll Sanity as described above, but you will not be able to shoot this round as well.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Re: IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by SuAside »

Bob barely registers the unsavory scene (San 72 (1d100=38, 1d10=6)) and remains unphased. For him, it's simply one less threat to worry about.

He levels his Beretta and fires twice at the closest zombie's head. The first shot strikes home, hard, but the second misses by but an inch (Handgun 48% -5% (1d100=10, 1d10=7, 1d100=47, 1d10=4)).
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alveraz nodded his thanks and picked up his M-4. He then ran to the other side of the room where Bob and Flynn were and stopped dead looking at the undead coming toward him. He got startled a bit seeing these creatures coming at him. The sight scared him to death. His mind snapped and he ran to the nearby wall and licked the dirt in the cracks.

(occ-wow those rolls sucked.)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn was looking at the scene and somehow managed to keep lucid. So he decide to shoot the creatures.
He was lucky and shot one creature, with low damage in theright arm.
With a seconde zombie, he missed the target.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
Bo Richards shuddered when he saw the dead running closer, and he froze up momentarily. Fortunately, he did not have a chance to think about it, aimed his shotgun at the head of the uninjured zombie, and fired. His shot was extremely accurate and blew the thing's head off.

Trooper Rick Brenner ran around the central column and caught sight of the wounded zombie as it staggered through the open doorway. He held himself together and raised his .357 Magnum. Dr. Bernard Smith was not far behind, but he was more deeply affected. He recoiled in terror, knowing that one bite would be the end of him. He promptly fainted.

Lucy Armstrong unstrapped the steel pipe from her back as she rounded the corner, but the horrible sight gave her pause. She stood there shaking for a moment, her mind overwhelmed by the thought of impending doom. Rather than resist, she embraced it, running headlong towards the monster.

Sergeant Diane Ford was the last around the bend. She reacted coolly and professionally, bringing up her shotgun quickly.

"Bo, be careful!" called Stephanie. She wanted to run to him, but she knew that without a weapon there was nothing she could do to help.

"He'll be okay," said Dr. Hausmann.

Stephanie nodded, hoping she was right.

(Everyone who is currently sane may fire one shot before the last zombie gets to attack someone. This time there is no chance to aim at the head before it attacks, so you must use random hit locations. It has taken 7 damage to the head and 10 damage total. It will take 40 damage or more in general to finish it, but any hit that happens to do 3 or more damage to the head will also finish it. This shot will be at point blank range, so your skill is doubled. If you still miss, roll Luck.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alverez stopped licking the wall and went onto all fours. He crawled over to the still body of Dr. Smith and begin to lick his face as if he, Alverez, was a dog.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn was shootinglike a madman, laughing and not very concern with the damage or the locations he was hitting.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by SuAside »

Bob's steady hand raised the Colt 1911 and easily hit the zombie. (48% x2 (point blank) (1d100=57, 1d10 2=10))

Realising that there is no chance to retreat now, he braces himself to try to block the way of any zombie who might get through. His loose flightsuit seems to lose a little slack as muscles bulge in preparation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
Both Harry Flynn and Bob Larkin shot the zombie in the chest, but it lumbered onwards, heading right for Lucy as she rushed towards it. Rick Brenner responded quickly, firing his Colt Python. The bullet struck it square in the head, putting it down. "Yeah!" he cheered.

Lucy leaned against the wall and slumped down. "It's no use," she moaned. "There's always more of them. I might as well just wait here to die..."

"All clear!" called Diane, peering out the door. The nearest zombie was crawling on the ground over forty yards away, and it had just had its head destroyed by a rifle shot from above. "Nice shooting, Rick." She turned to Bo. "You too, Trooper. I'm Sergeant Diane Ford, by the way."

Bo shook her hand and loaded a shell into his shotgun to replace the one he'd fired. "Pleased to meet you, Sergeant," he said. "I'm Trooper Bo Richards. I don't think I'll ever get used to the sight of those things." He was still shaking. "I'm sorry, I ought to be able to keep it together."

"Are you kidding?" said Rick. "I saw you blast its head to bits. You did great, man! You're a hero!"

Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann came around the bend. Stephanie ran up to Bo and threw her arms around him. "You're my hero!" she said, planting a kiss on his lips. She broke off far sooner than she would have liked. "I wish there were more time, but we've got to save Erica! That creep Gardner took her upstairs. He also mentioned another girl they've got up there, Kathryn. She must be the air traffic controller we spoke to earlier."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Gardner, yes, we must do something about him...
Suddenly Flynn nottice what happened to Alvarez and shout:
- Ey, Alvarez! Get up!
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alveraz stopped licking the good doctor and instead rolled over to the floor which he begin to lick.
(occ-how many more rounds am I insane?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You rolled 11 rounds, and the round during which you rolled counts as the first round. We're back to five combat rounds per major update, so that means you've been nuts for six rounds so far. The next major update will be the last five rounds of your madness. However, Dr. Smith is insane for only 6 rounds, so he'll be coming around next update. He'll get a chance to use Psychoanlysis, and if that works you can snap out of it sooner. I'm just waiting on Bob before I update again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”