IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by kabukiman »

-Shit! Now what?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Flynn, be careful. Lets go to where we can see the doors but still get cover. Also shoot to kill the fucker. My guess is he is killing everyone up there."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, i will first, and cover me.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower stairs-
Flynn led the way upstairs, quickly but carefully, while Alvarez covered him. They soon reached the ground floor. Flynn peeked carefully around the corner of the stairwell's doorway and out into the lobby. Private Simone Dawkins lay on her back in a pool of blood in the front entryway of the tower, motionless. She was attached to a rope and harness, and the rope extended outside and upwards, towards the roof. She had evidently used it to climb down from there. The lobby appeared otherwise empty, though he couldn't see all of it from the stairs.

(Flynn and Alvarez, roll Listen at half skill, with an extra -5% penalty due to your helmets. This means you'll succeed on a 7 or less. Also, both of you roll Spot Hidden with a -5% penalty to see what else you notice.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn didn't hear or see a thing, disgust as he was with the death of his comrade.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Actually, Flynn has 70% in Spot Hidden, so his effective skill is 65% and that roll is a success.)

On the tower stairs-
From where he was, Flynn could see that Dawkins had been shot. She was probably dead, but he couldn't tell for sure without going up to her. Through the shattered front doors, he could also briefly see the helicopter taking off as it rose out of view. Bob lay on the helipad, also unmoving. The flatbed truck was still idling near him, but he noticed that the police car was no longer parked outside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Alvarez, you won't believe this, but i think that the helicopter is just flying away...
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez was so busy thinking he would be shot at any moment from behind that he did not hear or see anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower stairs-
By the time Alvarez reached the ground floor, the helicopter was already gone. The lobby seemed as still and quiet as the grave, at least what the two men could see from inside the stairwell.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Dang it that was our ride out of here! Now Gardner is going to get it! I am going to personally stab the mother fucker!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower stairs-
Both Alvarez and Flynn heard the chopper roar past overhead. It flew off to the east, past the tower, and soon it was no longer audible.

(Both of you roll Listen at full skill to see what else you might hear, again with a -5% penalty - so your chance is 20%. Also, both of you roll Idea.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez stopped to listen to the roar of the chopper as he silently cursed to himself. However the roar was too loud for him to hear anything else. He thought of what to do now as he looked around the lobby. But he was so pissed that nothing came to him. "You think of anything now Flynn?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn was too distress to hear anything, and was thinking of what to do.
-Well, first, it's better that we shoot those bodies in the head to prevent them to return. Then, find that bastard and kill him slowly, and finally, find any other surviver. After that, we will try to find a solution; maybe get a car?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower stairs-
It occurred to Flynn that the helicopter was heading eastwards, the same direction as Omaha. Gardner had been talking about going to Warren Air Force Base earlier, which was far to the west. He also recalled that the police cruiser was no longer where it had been parked in front of the tower, though of course the truck was still out at the helipad.

(If you want to try to shoot Dawkins in the head, go on and roll your shots now. From your current position, you will have to roll your normal weapon skill with a -5% penalty for aiming at the head. Dawkins is wearing her helmet, so each bullet that hits will have its damage reduced by 5 to a minimum of 0. It will take a total of 10 damage after getting through her helmet to prevent her from ever rising.

Alvarez can fire a single shot from his M-4, since that's the weapon in his hands. If you fire a burst of 3 bullets, you cannot aim at the head, though you do get a +20% to hit. You would roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit, and each bullet would then hit a random location. Her body armor reduces the damage of each bullet that hits her chest or abdomen by 8. You could draw your pistol, but then you'd only get one shot with it this round.

Flynn, you have your pistol already drawn, so you may fire it twice this round.

If you want to remove Dawkins's helmet, you'll have to go up to her in order to do so. It will take the rest of this round to reach her. At that point you'd be at point blank range for the following round, but if she rises up you'll be in a very bad position.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez set his M-4 to a 3 burst setting and fired at Dawkins body. However his rifle jerked in his hand and all three rounds missed the body entirely.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn failed boths shoots.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower stairs-
Alvarez and Flynn heard Erica's voice on the radio: "Alvarez, Flynn, this is Erica Spears. I managed to get away from Gardner at the last second and escape with the civilians in the helicopter. I tried to get Kathryn to run towards you so you could protect her, but she ran the wrong way and he got her again. He just left the airfield with her in the police car a minute ago heading south. Dawkins could get back up, so keep your distance from her and shoot her in the head to be safe. He killed Bob by shooting him in the head, so he won't be getting back up. He also killed the other three State Troopers with a grenade, so you're the only ones left who can rescue Kathryn. I can't turn back, as I won't have enough fuel left to make Omaha if I do and I need to get my passengers there safely. We'll still be in range to talk for a few more minutes, but keep in mind Gardner can hear everything we say. Over."

Dawkins began to twitch and stir. Then she sat up and looked hungrily at Alvarez and Flynn, her eyes red as blood. She started to get to her feet.

(Both of you roll Sanity. Normal Sanity loss is 0/1d10. Remember that Alvarez gets a +10 bonus to this roll. He already lost 9 Sanity for seeing zombies earlier, so if he fails his roll he only loses 1 point. Flynn lost 1 point for seeing zombies, so roll as normal for Sanity loss in the event of failure. If you roll 10 for Sanity loss, treat it is 9. Unless you go temporarily insane, you both have another combat round to either shoot using the same rules as last round or do something else.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez saw Dawkins rise from the grave so to speak and he felt fear rise in his heart. However he choked it down and pointed his M-4 at the zombie. He fired once but the bullet missed to the right. "Uhh Flynn fire and get the hell out of here. I will meet you at the truck on the helipad." He then ran like hell toward the other side of the tower lobby exit.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn was shocked to see the zombie, but managed to resist the urge to run. He decided to shoot one last time, but to no avail and he followed Alvarez.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
As Alvarez and Flynn emerged from the stairwell, Dawkins lurched towards them. After a few feet, she reached the end of her tether. The harness she was wearing and the rope attached to it kept her from advancing further. She strained against it as she pursued her former comrades, but it held fast so far However, it would not hold forever, and any attempt to get through the front door would mean exposing themselves to her, so they both fled out the back door, Flynn in the lead. Dawkins kept trying to follow them with single-minded stubbornness, and this time the holds that secured the rope to the harness snapped. By the time they got out the rear door and emerged on the east side of the tower, they could see that she had just walked around the central shaft.

(Dawkins will reach the back door next round. You have one more round of combat before she gets close, so you may either shoot using the above rules or continue running. The truck is on the helipad twenty yards west of the tower and it will take two full rounds to reach it. The first round will get you to the west side of the tower, and the second will get you to the truck.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”