IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Storming the Castle(All but Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I can't connect to Invisible Castle again, so I used real dice this time. The rolls are below if anyone wants to see them.)
Spoiler:
Stephanie Bridges succeeded at her Spot Hidden roll: 19% roll vs. 66% skill
Stephanie Bridges succeeded at her Int x 4 roll to start the engine: 34% roll vs. 60% stat
In the tower lobby-
Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann had already made it out the front door. Dr. Smith took one look around and nodded. "Yeah, let's bug out," he said. He and Lucy went with Bob and followed them outside, leaving Alvarez and Flynn alone in the lobby.

(Alvarez and Flynn, roll Listen. Remember the -5% penalty from your helmets.)

West of the tower-
"Ja, Bob," called Dr. Hausmann as she and Stephanie made their way around the police cruiser. "We must move quickly."

"You got room in there for us too?" asked Dr. Bernard Smith.

"It only seats five," said Stephanie. "Dr. Hausmann and I have to go, and Bob has to fly it. We've also promised Alvarez a place on board, which only leaves one seat. I'd really like for you to come with us, Dr. Smith, and I'm sure you could be of help when we reach Omaha. If they can save Erica, though, that won't leave any open seats." She glanced up towards the tower roof as she headed for the chopper. The flatbed truck was still idling nearby, and the barrel was still hooked up to the fuel pump. It had been completely drained into the chopper's fuel tank. "There's nobody up on the roof that I can see. Looks like that sniper had the sense to get off." She and Dr. Hausmann reached the helicopter and opened the doors. "I can't fly this bird, but maybe I can start the engine up. I saw Erica do it, and I'm smarter than the average blonde." Sure enough, she managed to start it up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

OCC - why would the doc try to start the bird if Bob is around?

"You don't need two pilots. If Erica is unharmed, then I don't really need to go. Another scientist could make a difference." Bob says, though it's obvious he'd rather be in the air.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Dr. Hausmann and Stephanie had a headstart heading for the helicopter, as they started the previous round. It will take Bob the rest of this round to reach it. Stephanie started the engine now because it takes some time to warm up and they might not have the time to spare to wait for him to get there and start the engine himself.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: As usuall, Flynn don't hear athing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I have a little time tonight, but won't have much during the week. In the interest of moving this forward, I'm going to update now and roll Listen for Alvarez this time.)

In the tower lobby-
Alvarez couldn't quite hear anything either. As he and Flynn stood watch, they soon both heard the unmistakable sound of the elevator coming down from above. They tensed up, expecting it to stop in the lobby, but instead it continued on past the lobby and stopped in the basement.

Dawkins spoke over the radio: "Alvarez, Flynn. I'm heading down the fire escape. I'll see you at the chopper."

West of the tower-
"There's Erica's things in the passenger seat," said Stephanie.

"Go on and take them," said Dr. Hausmann. "She'd want you to have them."

"I just hope I have the chance to give them back to her." Stephanie grabbed Erica's Kevlar vest and put it on, then slid the Beretta into her holster. "Too bad Gardner took all the extra ammo for her pistol and rifle." She also took the M-16 and the Grease gun, along with the extra .45 magazines. "Can any of you use a rifle or an SMG?"

Bob arrived at the helicopter alongside Bernard and Lucy as the rotors began to pick up speed. "Yeah, I'm not too bad with a rifle," said Lucy.

"Then you can borrow this." Stephanie handed her the M-16. "I'll hold onto the Grease gun." She climbed into the bench seat in the rear of the helicopter, slipped on her lab coat, and set the computer down on her lap. Dr. Hausmann climbed in and sat on her left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alverez said, "Flynn we better get moving outside now. I don't trust that tricky bastard anymore then I can throw him." He walked outside to wear the chopper was but did not get into the chopper yet.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
Alvarez had only moved a few feet towards the front door when the fire alarm began to ring loudly again. "That chopper better not take off without me," Gardner said over the radio. "Otherwise something very bad will happen to the girls."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alveraz got on the radio and said, "Since you are such a brave man why not show yourself to me in this lobby right now and we will have an old fanished duel. Just you and me. Or are you too much of a coward to show yourself asshole? If you are going to come bring the girls with you.."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
"If you're so brave," replied Gardner, "why don't you come find me, you filthy traitor?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Traitor to what? There is no country anymore. But you are a rapest and a kidnapper and those are laws against the UCMJ. Come out and face me and if you kill me in equal combat you may be able to get your ride on the copter."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the tower lobby-
Gardner spoke again: "Don't throw around accusations you can't prove. I haven't harmed the ladies...yet. And you're a kidnapper too, remember? If you leave in that chopper, I'll have nothing left to lose. I'm not going to walk into a deathtrap. You need to come to me - before it's too late." A second later, a woman's muffled scream was heard on the radio, barely audible over the fire alarm.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Alvarez, it's better that you cover yourself, since you are a better shooter. If he will appear, i will distract him, and you will do whateaver is necessary...
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez nodded and said, "Flynn care to join me? We will start downstairs and then move up from there." Getting on his radio he said, "Okay ahole we are coming to get you. You will die or you will surrender to millitary arrest and trial followed by a first class hanging if found guilty which you are so...."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Let's go then.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez leaned out the door to tell the others what he and Flynn were planning to do and said, "We can use all the help we can get. Bob and Bo or anyof yous if you want to come with us we will appreciate it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the helicopter-
"We need Bob to fly us out in case something goes wrong!" called Dr. Hausmann, shouting to be heard over the rising whine of the rotors and the fire alarm. "Bo isn't with us, he's still in the tower somewhere!" Neither Lucy nor Dr. Smith left the chopper.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the helicopter-
"You guys aren't going to help?" Stephanie asked Dr. Smith and Lucy as she plugged in her laptop to conserve battery power and resumed her work. "I'd go myself if this weren't so important."

"Stephanie, nein!" said Dr. Hausmann. "You are too important to take a risk like that, and you know what that schweinhund would do if he got his hands on you. Remember, you are not an action hero. You are a scientist, and you have to help save the world. Leave the rescuing to the professionals, ja?"

"Those were my thoughts exactly," said Dr. Smith. "I barely know how to use this thing." He patted the pistol Diane had given him. "There are three National Guardsmen and three State Troopers in there all gunning for Gardner. Don't worry, they'll get him."

"I know, but...I just feel so bad about Erica, especially after he took her instead of me. What if they're too late?"

(Bob, Dr. Hausmann, Stephanie, Dr. Smith, and Lucy are moving to this thread: The Helicopter. Please stop reading the current thread at this point.

Alvarez and Flynn, remain in the current thread.)

In the tower lobby-
Flynn and Alvarez entered the stairwell and carefully made their way down the spiraling stairs to the basement. The stairway ended at this point. The elevator rested here, its doors remaining open while the fire alarm was ringing. It could not be used until the alarm was shut off, as a safety precaution. A quick peek around the corner revealed that the elevator was empty. Directly across from the elevator was a door leading into the basement corridor.

(Flynn and Alvarez, roll Listen at half skill. The -5% penalty for your helmets is applied after your skill is halved. Since you only have a base skill of 25%, this means you will succeed on a 7 or less on 1d100.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn is too concentrade to listen anything
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I went ahead and rolled Listen for Alvarez to keep things moving forward.)

In the basement-
Alvarez heard the alarm, but little else. The door led into the circular basement corridor that curved around to the left and right, completely enclosing the central shaft. The half he and Flynn could see was empty. There were also three metal doors visible, all closed. One was directly across the hall from the stairwell door, and on each side of it there was one some distance away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alveraz turned to Flynn and keeping quiet used hand signals to show that he was going to move to the door at the end of the hall and open it and that he would need cover. He slowly inched his way down the hall to the door and opened it.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”