IC-OVER-Tower of Terror(Gardner/Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-OVER-Tower of Terror(Gardner/Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Not sure how many actions we have so I will wait for Mr.Handy to let me know if I spoted any more infected)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(OOC: That´s why I stated "When the time is up", Sorry for being so eager to jump off of the rickety tower, Mr. Handy.)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You were right to wait on this. I'm still waiting for one player to post in the other Over thread before I update this one. During that update Gardner will start taking Erica down the fire escape. There is no way to shut off the fire alarm from the roof, but Kathryn knows that she could do so either from the control room on the fifth floor or the computer room on the fourth floor. You won't need to roll anything to do this when you get to either location. Hopefully I'll be able to update on Monday night, and at that point I'll let you know what you see and hear, and your characters can then act again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
Gardner pulled Erica over to the east side of the roof and started down the stairs with her, leaving Simone Dawkins and Kathryn McCoy alone on the roof.

Dawkins finished reloading her rifle. Looking around, she saw no movement near the helicopter, and Stephanie Bridges and Dr. Hausmann were nowhere in sight either. To the east, she saw only the two infected people she had wounded previously. One of them was loping towards the warehouses but was moving fairly slowly and was still a few hundred yards out. The other one was crawling across the open ground just west of the wide open Warehouse 1. There was no movement inside the warehouse either.

Kathryn opened the access door leading back inside. Gunfire echoed up from far, far below, but other than that she could only hear the fire alarm.

(Dawkins, you may fire one shot this round at either of the zombies. Both have taken damage to the head already, and if you hit either one you're guaranteed to kill it with the minimum damage, so there is no need to roll for damage.

Kathryn, you may move down the stairs to the fifth floor landing this round if you wish. You will be able to enter the control room and shut off the fire alarm in the following round, but not this one.

Gardner and Erica Spears are moving to this thread: Beauty and the Beast. Dawkins and Kathryn McCoy remain in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

'Looks like the helo crew overpowered Avarez and Flynn,' Dawkins thought to herself, noticing the empty warehouse and the missing ladies. 'Either that or they're all working together.'

"Hey! Don't go running off just yet" Dawkins said as Kathryn made a move towards the stairwell. "Gardner said to leave the alarm going. If you go and shut it off, he'll know I'm on your side. Besides, I still have some work to do up here." Dawkins raised her M24 and sent a round sailing towards the closes infected. The round slammed into the creatures head ,droping it dead. Again.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Alright, lets hold it here then." Kat stays in the open door and keeps an ear for steps coming up the tower stairs, knife ready.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
A shotgun blast and a few more pistol shots rang out down below, and then all was silent but for the alarm. The remaining ghoul continued to approach the warehouses and was now a couple hundred yards east of them.

(You've got five combat rounds to act now. Dawkins you may fire up to twice more at the last zombie.

Kathryn, roll Listen at half skill.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Gracefully working the bolt of her rifle, Dawkins chambered another round and took aim and the last of the approaching infected. The bullet entered its right eye and exploded out the back of its head. The creture fell like a marionette with its strings cut.

"Okay, lets head downstairs and see if we can't help the others." Dawkins said to Kathryn.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As she started to descend, checking the way down before dawkins, she only heard the alarm. Not wearing combat gear gave her more mobility than the weapon laden Dawkins.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Dawkins motioned for Kathryn to hold on once more. "Hang on, those were gun shots down stairs. Alvarez and the group from the hanger may be battling it out. I don't know what side Avarez is on, but if he is on our side, we should warn him that Gardner is on his way down."

Dawkins keyed her radio: "Alvarez, Flynn; Are you two okay down there? Those running rott bags didn't cause any trouble down there, did they? I've got Kathryn up here with me and Gardner is on his way down the fire escape with the pilot, heading to the chopper."

Turning back the Kathryn, she said "Okay, you go ahead and run down there to the others. Let them know I've had an ass full of that mainiac Gardner and that he needs to be stopped. Tell them to key their radios twice, then change to channel 16 so we can communicate without Gardner hearing. I'm going to stay up here where I am most usefull. I'll keep an eye out for more infected and my crosshairs on Gardner. Watch out for Gardner, though. I am not sure if he can re-enter the tower via the stair well. I'd hate to have him catch you running down to the others. One more thing: See if you can use those pens to prop the door open so you can get back up here if needed without knocking."

With that, Dawkins sauntered over to the side of the tower with the fire escape and nonchalantly leaned out to see how far down Gardner was while pretending to scan the area for infected.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat puts the pens in the hinged side of the door, hindering it from closing. "Good idea, Dawkins!" Then she started down the stairs to see what was cooking down below...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
Dawkins leaned over the edge of the roof and glanced down.

(Dawkins is moving to this thread: Beauty and the Beast. You may read the first posts in that thread as well if you wish, but you don't have to. Please stop reading the current thread at this point.

Kathryn remains in the current thread.)

On the stairs-
Kathryn descended the top flight of stairs and reached the fifth floor landing outside the control room without incident.

(Kathryn, roll Listen at half skill again.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Heading further down she tries to hear what´s happening... Hopefully this new acquaintance with the female NG would pan out better than her XO. Gripping the knife tightly she walks towards the lower floor anticipating trouble.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Control Tower, fifth floor.

As she hesitates by the control room Kat decides to take the time to shut down the alarm. She enters the control room.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the control room-
Kathryn entered the control room, which looked exactly like she left it. The duct tape that had once bound her was in a pile on the floor near her station. She made her way over and entered the code to deactivate the alarm. The shrill fire alarm finally stopped.

(Kathryn, roll Listen - this time at full skill.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The alarm dies off and she´s able to discern some of the activity in the tower´s nether regions. With scary clarity...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the control room-
Kathryn could hear two sets of footsteps above, coming down the stairs. She also heard three pairs of footsteps coming up from a couple of floors down. All of them were moving at high speed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Where´s the elevator? What floor? Should the elevator be ready she´ll hit the button for the machine shop.)
Kathryn checks the elevator. If it´s not there she´ll head downwards shouting "Tower personnel, control officer McCoy, coming down!" She tries to sound official and not at all scared...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The elevator is currently on the fourth floor, which is one floor down. Let me know exactly what you're planning to do, but I need to wait for the other players before I move the clock forward again. You can get to the fifth floor landing and also possibly press the elevator call button this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Well, then it will be to close for the runners from topside. She´ll do the running down routine shouting tower personnel as described above.)
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”