IC-OVER-Tower of Terror(Gardner/Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OVER-Tower of Terror(Gardner/Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 2:28 PM Central Time - Airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
On the third floor-
Corporal Anthony Gardner and Erica Spears reached the third floor landing just a few seconds before Kathryn McCoy arrived from below. Gardner had his pistol in one hand and Erica's arm gripped in his other. Erica was wearing the pants from her flight suit and an olive green tank top, and her wrists were duct taped behind her back.

Gardner smiled wide when he saw Kathryn. "Ah, there you are, Kathryn," he said. "I don't know how you got out of the duct tape; I had you wrapped up pretty tight. I swear you must be double jointed. That's the last time I take my eyes off of you. You know, I'm trying to be nice to you, but you're not making it easy. You could have screwed everything up with your pitiful escape attempt. Now put down that extinguisher, start walking upstairs, and don't try anything stupid. We'll be right behind you." He got on the radio. "Nice work, Alvarez, I've got her. Go back down and take the other girls to the warehouse. The sooner you get that second barrel, the sooner we can get out of here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Tower of Terror(Gardner/Erica Spears/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:   I mixed up the floors! Thought the computers were on this floor. But now things stand as they are. She still got the pens and stapler....

Kathryn joins the hostage and NG.  
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The computers are on the fourth floor. You didn't know Gardner was on the stairs and on his way down because you failed your Listen roll. Gardner, however, managed to make his even at half skill and with his helmet. Yes, you still have the stapler and the pens. The stapler is big and hard to hide, but luckily Gardner was inattentive. This is just a minor update, in the middle of the round. I'll let you know when you reach the fourth floor.)

On the third floor-
Kathryn started walking up the stairs towards the fourth floor. Gardner ushered Erica up the stairs behind her, admiring Kathryn's curves as he went. He was so distracted that he had eyes for little else.

When they were about halfway to the fourth floor, Gardner heard something in his earpiece. "I'm further up the stairwell, Alvarez," he replied over the radio. "I couldn't see you, but I did manage to hear you over that deafening alarm. No time to talk now, but I'll see you after the enemy is dealt with and you've brought back the fuel. New plan: when you get down to the first floor, go out the back door, back up Flynn, and shoot those things before they arrive. I'm bringing our guests up to the roof so I can fire too. I think we can stop the infected before they do too much damage. The first barrel should be more than halfway loaded by now. If we have to we can take off without the second one, but we wouldn't have enough range to get all the way to Warren AFB."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the fourth floor-
Gardner followed Kathryn upstairs, pulling Erica with him. He heard more messages over the radio when he reached the fourth floor landing. "You've got to stop them, Alvarez!" he replied. "Hold them off!" He quickened his step. "Come on, ladies, keep going up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"What´s happening down there? Weren´t we leaving?" Kathryn asks from her elevated position a few steps up.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the stairs-
"Not just yet," said Gardner. "There's a little trouble below, but it's nothing Alvarez and Dawkins can't handle, with a little help from me. We're going up to the roof first so I can shoot."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat hurried up the stairs towaards the platform on top. She had used it frequently this summer to better the tan on her lithe legs now in plain view of Gardner. If the bastard was going to shoot from the roof, she´d get a chance to put a ball point pen where it hurt.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the fifth floor-
Gardner brought Erica and Kathryn up to the fifth floor landing, outside the control room. The stairs continued up to the roof. "Keep going, girls," he said, eyeing Kathryn's long legs. "We're almost there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn continued up the stairs to the roof. A plan, a desperate one - but still a plan, was coming to her. Taking point up the last bit she brought out three pens, bundling them to a pointy tripple fistful of ink fangs. The door up top was rigged with a heavy automatic shutting device to make sure the door to the roof never remained open, disregardless how sloppy the tower crew was. When she and Erica have passed the heavy door she would slam the door at Gardner should he get a hand or leg between the door she´d nail it with the ball pens.
To make Gardner relax she´d use her charm and hold up the door letting Mr. Handsome up with a welcoming. "Come here hunky!" and wink with her heavy lashes. Should need be she´ll even stoop to adjust the laces of the sneakers. Exposing the cleavage beneath the now barely buttoned blouse.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Gardner is holding onto Erica's arm with one hand, and remember that he has his pistol in the other. Also, don't forget that Simone Dawkins is already on the roof. If you want to try this plan, you'll need to roll Fast Talk to distract him enough to release Erica long enough to do this. If you succeed, I'll let you know what to do next.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As Kat closed in on the the roof exit door, she turned around almost rubbing her chest at Garners´s nose..."Yes, watch your step now, Erica. It can be windy up here." Trying to talk around the problem at hand she continues..: "So the chopper will pick us up here...on the roof, yes?" She went through the plan in her head and got a grip around the pens.

(1 percent from a special success...)
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OVER-Tower of Terror(Gardner/Dawkins/Erica/Kathryn)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(My Internet connection is acting up and I can't get to Invisible Castle currently. I'll roll physical dice instead and put the results in spoiler tags. Feel free to open them up if you want to look at them.)
Spoiler:
Gardner succeeded at his Dex 16 vs. Dex 14 Resistance roll to reach the door before Kathryn can shut it: 13% roll vs. 60% chance
Gardner succeeded at his Str 13 vs. Str 7 Resistance roll to stop her from closing the door: 25% roll vs. 80% chance
On the tower roof-
"No," said Gardner, "we're going to have to get down to the helipad later."

"Right," said Erica to Kathryn with a knowing nod. "I hear you."

As the three of them reached the open access door at the top of the stairs, Gardner got excited when Kathryn brushed up against him and slackened his grip on Erica's arm. Both women passed through the door, and Kathryn started to slam it shut in Gardner's face. He moved quickly, however, and rammed the door with his shoulder before she could fully close it, using his superior strength to shove it open and knock her back. He growled angrily as he pointed his pistol at her. "That's strike two," he said. "One more and you're out, got it?"

Dawkins saw this unfold as she ejected her rifle's empty magazine. She heard shouting below, but could not make out the words being said.

(At this point, we'll go to a single combat round's worth of actions per major update.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sensing the luck was running through Kat´s fingers she counted the odds for actually being able to do some damage to the too strong and to fast NG. Hoping for the other women up top to choose sides quickly. She decided to hold it for now. Knowing she would never leave this tower if she didn´t get Gardner out of the equation. She was dead weight. This was not the time to get more foolish...Hopefully an opportunity would present itself quickly. Holding her clenched fist behind her back she spent the coming seconds observing the other women up top as well as Gardner. If an opening came - if he looked away or directed the gun away from her, she´d stab him fiercely. "You can´t blame a girl for trying!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
"Oh, but I can," said Gardner, aiming the pistol at Kathryn. "Good thing you're so sexy, or I'd have already shot you. Now put your hands up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Before she raises her hands she sticks the pens into the small of her back. Then she complies. "Now what?"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
Gardner did not notice Kathryn's suspicious movements, as he was too focused on her chest. "We're going to let that alarm keep ringing," he said. "That way the elevator won't work and anyone who wants to get upstairs will be slowed down. You'll stay up here with Dawkins while I bring Erica down by way of the fire escape and get the chopper's engine warmed up. Dawkins, keep an eye on Kathryn, but be careful. She's a feisty one. I'll let you know when it's safe for you two to follow." He kicked shut the access door, and it automatically locked. It could be opened from the roof, but not from within. Then he grabbed Erica by the arm again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The pilot would be needed to fly the chopper. So Erica would not risk getting killed. Kat didn´t rate her own value high, well she had assets but not enough to grant her a seat in the chopper. She waited for Gardner to start down the fire escape.

-------------------

Standing with arms raised she asked Dawkins in a hushed voice, "Are we waiting for those two to fly away from this house of Babel." She looked at Dawkins... "If something comes up those stairs I need a weapon. Two guns are better than one... How can you let that pig of a man boss you around?"
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

While reloading her weapon, Dawkins scans the all around the airfield and around the helicopter for signs of more infected.
"First of all, I'm done taking orders from that pig," Dawkins says to Kathryn while sliding another round into the magazine. "Secondly, I doubt he's flying anywhere," She says coldly as she finishes reloading her M24 and slams the magazine into place.
"I'd love to give you a weapon, but this bad boy is not much good at close range so I'm gonna need my side arm. However, this may help you more than those pens you got in your ass crack." she says as she hands Kathry her combat knife. "Don't worry, I won't let him lay a hand on you."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat sighs in relief and accepts the combat knife. She scans the roof for an electric outlet or something else to help her short circuit the power. As she finds no way of shutting the alarm down, she waits by the door.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

(Assuming enough time has passed, this will be the actions of Kat whenever they fit in.)

Having accepted the knife from Dawkins. Quickly looking for an electrical outlet and finding none. She contemplated what to to. To follow after Gardner and Erica was suicide. He´d blow her away for being obedient, again. If she recollected correctly the door was their only way off this tower - it was just to open it. Airport regulations dictated that it should be accessible from outside manually and only from the inside by tower control admin. She had to make Alvarez know his boss was coming down. Maybe he could get the drop on him. To Dawkins she finally said. "I´ve worked here long enough to know it´s past my time I left."

EDIT: I guess this is over the top and will paste this in later if the situation allows it.

[She opened the access door, inside there was a fire alarm button. She hit it three times to override the alarm. The sirens came to a stop. This was what the fire intructor had told the tower staff when it was installed in December.
In the silence after the alarm she listened for someone in the stairs. At first only the elevator´s buzzing was heard. Probably Alvarez had left the tower... Or he was awfully quiet.]
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”