IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by kabukiman »

Can Cheng shoot? Or anyone help his injuries?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Cheng is still on the western side of the motel and can't see any targets to shoot at. The mob of zombies is over 3/4 of a mile to the east. Coltrane told him to go around to the east side for treatment, as that's where the medical people are. From there he could shoot after the next update, but the penalty to hit would be severe and he might want his injuries looked at first.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Cheng goes then to the east to get treated.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank Hodges reports to Ortega. "Sir, where do you want me?"

"Sure thing, hop in" Keithe says as he stops the truck. "That fella on top of the garage over there is running low on ammunition, food and water. Can ya'll help him out?" Once everyone is loaded up, Kieth heads to the others at the motel.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel balcony-
"Hodges, go over to the east side with the others and get your wounds looked at," Ortega called down. "Then you can shoot at the incoming from the east unless Sergeant Black gives us new orders." He shouted to Keith next. "I'll ask him if he can spare any ammo or other supplies." He repeated Keith's request over the radio to Sergeant Black.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Yes, sir!" Hodges says before double timing it over to the east side of the motel to get looked at.
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

Black hears the request over the radio and quickly replies. "All right for the food and water check and see if you can get any off one of the bodies from the previous incident as for ammo we should be able to spare some.
What type does he need?" Black takes a breath "And does any of our infected military personal feal like doing us another possible dangerous favour?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sheen reloaded his rifle and then aimed at the head of one of the creatures. He fired and the bullet missed far to the right hitting the ground. He cursed and aimed again firing once more. This bullet hit square in the head going hundreds of miles per hour. It was an excellent shot and the zombie's head exploded in blood and gore.

(OCC-I have a question. Even though Sheen missed with that 1st shot since there is a huge group of 80 zombies he is firing into would not the bullet have a chance to hit one of those?)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(No, the zombies are not clustered tightly together. They are fairly well spread out. There is some distance between the left and right of the pack, as well as between the front and rear. If you missed the one you aimed at, you won't hit another. If you roll a miss, then you simply miss.

I'll update Through on Thursday. Kabukiman, if you have anything to post for Melinda before then, you should do so soon.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

No, Melinda will limited to stay as close as possible to Keith.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hodges arrives at the east side of the motel.
"I need to get checked out ASAP so I can regroup with Fire Team Bravo" he says to whomever is in charge. (OOC: Can he see the appreaching infected here?)

On the west side of the motel:
While awaiting a response from Ortega, Keith says, " Sir, we've been using hit and run tactics on these buggers up until now. I was thinking that some of your boys could hop in the back of the truck while I drive around to pull the swarm away from the motel. A few of your boys could pick them off from the back of the truck, and your snipers could mop them up while they are disctracted. Whadd'ya think?"
Last edited by ryansommer on Fri May 16, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

OoC: Unless I'm missing something shouldn't he have to be told my reply as it was over the radio?

On the Roof-

"And while your at it grap one of the radios and give it to him. It should help with our communication problems."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: My mistake. I assumed that since I was standing near Ortega, that I would have heard the message come over the radio. I can edit my post if needed.)
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

(OoC: No problem we could simply say you did hear it over the radio or that Ortega relayed the message as Black said it.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Those with radios hear what's being said through microphones in their ears, so it's not possible to overhear unless you're standing right next to someone, and even then you'd need a Listen roll. Since Ortega is up on the balcony, there's no way to hear it, but he could always repeat what Black said.

Hodges is part of Fire Team Bravo, as per the last update. There is no Fire Team 3. Lt. Blanco has just arrived at the east side of the motel, so he'll be talking to her.

Walkers from the east: 8 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head)

In the comm room-
Lt. Curtis heard the exchange over the radio and sounded in: "Sergeant Black, you are free to give to Luke and the other civilians any ammunition and other supplies you feel we can spare. I'll leave that up to your judgment, as you're far more familiar with what we have." He turned to Alexandria Mikhalin. "So, who can we reach on this unit?"

"In addition to Warren, sir, we can reach NATO HQ," she said, "though things were pretty bad there the last time we spoke to them and I'm not sure they're still operating. We can also reach the Crisis Response Center in Omaha and Diego Garcia, as well as a few other listening posts like this one."

"Hmm. Well, let's try to raise NATO HQ and get an update. If they are still on the air, this may be our last chance."

"Connecting now, sir." Mikhalin opened up a line to Brussels. There was no reply.

Lt. Curtis frowned, then looked at Ramirez and Mikhalin. "Any suggestions on who we should try to contact next."

On the motel roof-
Sergeant Black recalled that each SF trooper had been issued 3 days' worth of MREs, so the rations of the fallen amounted to a good deal of food. Each MRE included something to drink with the meal as well. Alanen's rations had already been salvaged and were in the ammo crate on the north side of the balcony. The rations belonging to McCain and Thayer were still on their bodies on the balcony, and Duran's rations were on his in the western parking lot. Bobby Sheen used 7.62x51mm ammo. He had about 180 rounds on him, and there were another 100 in the ammo crate. The only 12 gauge ammo they had was for McCain's shotgun, which David was currently borrowing, and for the newly arrived Airman Thomas Cole's shotgun. They had about 100 shells between them, which was probably enough for themselves, but didn't leave much to share. They had no .308 ammo or weapons. There were some spare radios due to the recent casualties. The SF troopers' radios were integrated into their helmets, but Captain Lereux, Lt. Malone, and Airman Lewis all had radios that could be given to the civilians.

(Black, you may take four shots at the zombies now. Sheen, you get two shots.)

On the motel balcony-
Ortega repeated Sergeant Black's message to Keith, then spoke on the radio himself: "Sarge, one of the civilians who just arrived has a good suggestion. His group has been using hit and run tactics, and he's offered to use his truck to get some of our guys closer to the enemy and then pull back before they advance. If we do this, we could really whittle down the opposition. I'd volunteer to do this, and I could bring Malanowski with me. Hodges still needs his injuries treated, and it sounds like you've got something else in mind for Phillips, so that half of my team would have to stay here."

Lt. Blanco circled around to the east side of the balcony and arrived as Wallace and Baldwin were climbing down. David waited his turn at the top. "So, will you be examining me personally?" he asked her.

"Either me or my assistant, Zorie Spooner," she answered. "It depends on who's available."

"Hey, if either one of you is available, that makes me happy. Both at once would be even better. I won't have any problem taking off my clothes in front of you ladies."

"Um...oookay." Lt. Blanco rolled her eyes.

West of the motel-
"If you're looking for infected volunteers, Sergeant," said Phillips with a sigh, "I guess I'm it. Duran just bought it out in the parking lot, so I'm the only infected guy we've got left. What do you want me to do?"

Coltrane, Cole, Hodges, Cheng, and Applebee all got into the back of Keith's truck. He drove them around the south side of the motel to the eastern parking lot.

East of the motel-
The SF troopers in the back of Keith's pickup got out when he arrived on the east side of the motel as Wallace and Baldwin got to the bottom of the ladders. Hodges and the others could see the approaching mob in the distance to the east, but it was still too far away for anyone without a scope to have a decent chance of hitting.

Zorie Spooner started directing the new arrivals to motel rooms. "Two to a room, people," she said. "Room 4, the one directly south of the front door and the ladders, is already taken. Room 3 is just south of that and available, as are Rooms 5 and 6 north of the ladders. All of those rooms are still fully furnished. Rooms 1, 2, 7, and 8 are on this side, but most of their furniture has been taken away to barricade the stairs. Amanda, you can go on into Room 4 and start working."

Lt. Doolittle and Airman Kincaid went into Room 4, and each lay down on one of the twin beds. Amanda went in after them.

"I'll be in Room 5," said Dr. Dale Owens. "This will be my son's room too, so there's only room for one more in there. By the way, they need that shorter ladder back at the garage. Come on, Adrian." He picked up the boy and carried him in, placing him gently on the bed closer to the door.

"We brought that ladder over from the garage originally," said Baldwin. "Someone ought to be able to take it back once David and the other doc get down here."

"I'll head into one of the other rooms and get started once you guys pick one," said Ernest Granger.

In Room 4-
"Who wants to go first?" asked Amanda, unpacking her medical bag.

"Treat Airman Kincaid first," said Lt. Doolittle. "His wounds are worse than mine."

"All right." She went over to Brian Kincaid and examined him. "That does look nasty. Just let Mama take care of that for you." She cleaned and stitched his wounds from the crash and did a decent enough job.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

On the east side of the motel:
"I'll be in Room 7" Hodges said and started walking towards the room. As he walked, he keyed his radio, "Ortega, this is Hodges. I'm at the east side of the motel. There is quite a holding pattern over here. I'll be in room 7 while I wait to be treated, if you need anything in the meantime, let me know."

On the est side of the motel:
Keith Deeds drops the soldiers off at the east side of the motel. "Here ya'll go" he says as he gets out of his truck. "Say, who's in charge here" he shouts to the military personel at the motel. " The shooter on the garage roof needs some rations and 7.62 x 55mm ammo so he can keep on killing these things. Can anyone help me out?"
Last edited by ryansommer on Fri May 16, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The second section is for Keith Deeds, I'm guessing? He just drove over to the east side of the motel, and Ortega is still on the southwest corner of the balcony. If you want to talk to him, you'll have to drive back to the west. Neither Ortega nor Black said Bobby Sheen "was" using 7.62x51mm ammo, but he is still in fact using it. The ammo crate is on the north side of the balcony, but civilians are no longer allowed up there, at least until they've been screened for infection.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(The second section was for Keith Deeds and he was waiting to hear from Ortega. There was some confusion as I thought Ortega was at the location where I dropped the guys off. I thought Keith was talking to Ortega directly as he relayed my message about hit and run tactics over the radio and relayed Black's message about rations and ammo to Keith.
Just to clarify: Keith is on the east side of the motel, where the injured are being treated. Black said that there is 7.62 x 55mm ammo that they can spare in the ammo crate, but it is inaccessable to Keith. Since Keith was driving, was he even able to recieve Ortegas message from Black? Please advise so I can update my posts accordingly

As for Sheen's ammo: "Bobby Sheen used 7.62x51mm ammo. He had about 180 rounds on him, and there were another 100 in the ammo crate." THe 'used' and 'had' is what confused me, there.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Keith can talk to Lt. Blanco, who is at the top of the ladders and is on her way down. She's heard everything over the radio, and is now the XO of Lt. Curtis as well as in charge of the medical people. That section you quoted was just to tell Fearlessfred, Sergeant Black's player, the current situation regarding the ammo and other supplies you were interested in. These were just thoughts in his head and have not been spoken out loud. I've been using past tense throughout the story in the IC posts since the whole thing is told in retrospective. If you've ever read the intro to Chapter 1, you'll have noticed that it takes place a year from now and features Robert, Beth, and their baby.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

Ooc: Ya becareful Black didn't say anything.

In the Comm Room-
"Try to reach Omaha it is important that we know their situation and when and if the helicopter lands." Rameriz suggests before sitting down on the floor to finally rest
for a moment.

On the Roof-

Black first deals with the supply request while firing off four more rounds with three of the shots hitting their targets. Soon three more bodies hit the ground. "Allright get oneof the meals off Duran and give it to him along with both the late Captain Lereux and Lt. Malone's radios." He then asks Sheen "How would you feel about spareing some ammo?" Finally he informs Phillips of what he needed him to do. "I need you to set some more claymores out in the field to the west."

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”