IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 12:26 PM Mountain Time - At the motel
(Walkers from the west: 2 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head)

West of the motel-
The fire expanded until it reached the leaking fuel from the helicopter's fuel tank, and the wreckage went up in a massive fireball, spraying flaming debris all around. Fortunately everyone was well clear of it and nobody was injured further. The chopper continued to burn, and secondary explosions from ammo cooking off followed.

Duran shaded his eyes from the sudden blast, then peered out across the field. His eyes widened as he saw the dead shambling ever closer. "I see them!" he reported over his radio. "Range approximately 400 yards west and closing slowly. They just turned towards the helo when it went up." He raised his M-16 to his shoulder. He began to shoot, but at this range all of his shots missed.

Melinda noticed that little Adrian's breathing was somewhat shallow, and his sleep was fitful. She gently placed a hand on the boy's forehead and felt that it was hot, as if he had a fever. She turned back to look for his father, but he had already headed for the motel where the wounded were gathering.

"Ow!" cried Lt. Doolittle as Frank Hodges attempted to help her. "That really hurt! And that's Lt. Doolittle, Airman. Just because the world is coming apart at the seams doesn't mean we can ignore military protocol. Look, there's other people hurt worse than I am, and it's probably best to leave it to the professionals. Your skills would be put to far better use putting those things down before they can reach us." The two of them arrived at the southwest corner of the motel, where Lt. Angela Blanco and Zorie Spooner stood waiting.

Brian Kincaid arrived just behind them, and Zorie went over to assist him. "We shouldn't stay out here too long, just in case," she said. "There's a rope ladder here, and there are metal ladders on the east side of the motel. It'll be a difficult climb with those wounds, but maybe we can at least patch you up a little first." She tried to help suture the worst of his cuts, but her needle slipped and she made matters a bit worse. She shook her head. "I'm so sorry." He tried to repair the damage himself, but he was unsuccessful.

Cole also made it to the southwest corner of the motel with Kincaid, followed closely by Ernest Granger, Roger Coltrane, Gordon Cheng, Greg Applebee, and Dr. Dale Owens. Applebee looked back in fascination at the blazing, smoking wreckage that had nearly been his funeral pyre.

Lt. Alan Curtis arrived last of all. Lt. Blanco tried to bandage Frank Hodges's wounds, but the bleeding wouldn't stop.

In the northwest part of the parking lot, Clarence addressed the rest of the Rough Riders: "We'll make our stand here. With us and the military shooting at those things, we have a good chance to win. Stay with the vehicles in case we're forced to retreat. That ladder's a bottleneck, and there's no way we'll all get up to the balcony in time. Better to let the wounded get up first while we use our mobility to our advantage. If you've got a rifle, use it and start plugging the enemy as soon as you see them." He took his own rifle and searched the field with his eyes but couldn't see clearly.

Lisa Crow straddled the motorcycle and kept the engine running. "You can go ahead and start shooting, hon," she said. "If we need to hightail it out of here, just hop on."

Colin Lewis looked through the scope of his Marlin rifle into the grass and clearly saw the mob of ghouls. "There's over fifty of them!" he called as he opened fire, scoring one hit out of two that felled it. "It's still coming!" he called, watching the beast crawl onwards in spite of its terrible head wound.

His friend Joe Soarez aimed his Ruger Mini-14 into the field. He also spotted the enemy and fired twice, missing badly both times. His next two shots also missed, though only narrowly.

Airman Steve Phillips caught sight of the marauding corpses. He held his fire, knowing that they were still too far for him to have a decent chance of hitting.

Amanda Deeds easily saw them too. She prepared her M2 carbine. Its range was poor, so she decided to wait as well. Lewie Newton couldn't see them yet. His wife Sue waited on her motorcycle.

(If you want to shoot at the zombies in the grass, you must first succeed at a Spot Hidden roll to see them. This roll has a -5% penalty if you're wearing a Kevlar helmet. Once you've succeeded at a Spot Hidden roll, you do not need to roll again to see this group of zombies. You may begin shooting as soon as you've seen them. Looking for them takes one combat round, so you'll have four rounds left. The Winchester and the Marlins have a rate of fire of 1/2, so each of them only gets two shots. If you have a scoped rifle, you use your full skill with only the -5% penalty for aiming at the head. If you have any other rifle, you fire at half skill, with the -5% penalty applied after your skill is halved.)

On the motel's roof-
Black and Sheen were distracted momentarily by the exploding helicopter. They still could not get a fix on the reported incoming creatures.

(As before, each of you may attempt to roll Spot Hidden again, with a -5% penalty due to your helmets. If you succeed, you may then shoot for four combat rounds, using your full skill with just the -5% penalty for aiming at the head. The Barrett fires once per round and gets four shots, but the M-24 only fires every other round and gets two.)

In the comm room-
(David, I'm not sure what exactly you wanted to do with your pistol. Are you unloading it, or are you trying to combine all the bullets into a single magazine?)

When David fiddled with the communications gear, the connection suddenly went dead.

"What did you do?!" cried Alexandria Mikhalin. She desperately examined the equipment, then breathed a sigh of relief. "Phew! You just knocked a wire loose." Now that she had identified the problem, she simply plugged it back in and the gear began to reinitialize.

"Permission to head out to the balcony to assist with our defense, sir?" Igor Malanowski asked Javier Ramirez.

Baldwin staggered into the comm room. "Man, I need a doctor," he said.

"They all went downstairs," said Mikhalin.

The big trucker shrugged. "Hey, there's my piece," he said, retrieving his .38 revolver and the spare bullet. He loaded it into an empty chamber. He glanced at the bodies. "Damn shame about the captain. I was just starting to like him, too. My revolver's almost dry. So, is anyone using this 9 mil on the table, or can I have it?"

On the motel balcony-
Acting Senior Airman Manuel Ortega stood at the railing on the southwest corner of the balcony. He looked into the grass and sighted the ghouls. He opened up on them with his M-16 and landed a single hit, slaying one.

Wallace saw the zombies too and began shooting. He also hit one and blew its brains out.

(Ortega and Wallace get five more combat rounds to shoot, at half skill.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof of the Motel-

Black looks but still can't see anything.

In the Comm Room-

"Permission granted." Rameriz tells Malanowski. He turns to David "I think we should explain the bassics of operating this equipment to you
before you touch it again."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the comm room-
"Thank you, sir," said Malanowski, stepping out the door and onto the balcony.

On the motel balcony-
Malanowski looked out across the field, but he couldn't see a thing yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sheen peered through his scope out at the field once again. This time he saw the creatures through the waving grass. "Sarge, follow the direction my scope is pointing and you will see them. Taking aim at creature #1's head." He took aim and fired.At first he thought the bullet was going to miss to the right but at the last second it hit the creature in the head. The creature's head exploded like a ripe melon on a summer day. "Target down", Sheen reported. He then cocked the rifle and took aim at a second creature. He fired and saw the bullet hit the target in the center of its head. The target lost most of its head but it kept on coming toward the motel. "Shit, second target almost gone but still advancing." He cocked his rifle a third time and waited to fire.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(This is just a minor update, so you don't have a chance to shoot or roll Spot Hidden again yet.

Walkers from the west: 3 dead, 2 with 9 damage to head)

On the motel's roof-
The noise of gunfire echoed loudly in the snipers' ears.

(Black and Sheen, roll Listen. Remember the -5% penalty from your helmets.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Standing in the back of his truck, Keith was able to spot the inbound infected. He raises his rifle and takes aim at the nearest one.
(OOC: I assume that Keiths M16 does not have a scope attached. Correct?)
His first shot was not even close. "Damn it all" he muttered to himself as he made corrections for wind. His next three shots all struck home, devestating the already rotting rotting heads. The first round drilled a neat hole into the infected head and exited with explosive force, dropping the creature. The second round took the mandible completely off the shambling corpse, yet it continued its hunger driven march. (OOC: I rolled the impale damage for the second hit seperatly since I was hoping the initial damage would take it down. Unfortunatly, the additional damage still did not take it down!)
The third round also found it's mark, but like the second round, it failed to fell the infected, and it mindlessly marched on.
"God damn! These buggers is harder to take down than an enraged Razorback!" Keith cursed. "Pa, Tsuba, we should get drivers ready in the trucks so some of us can continue to shoot if we have to go mobile. We can probalby leave the bikes here for the time being. Wha' duyya think?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Blushing slightly, Frank replied "Right. Sorry Lt." Frank scanned the grass again for the infected. "Damn, where the hell are they!" Not able to spot the infect approaching, Keith looks to the wounded and starts helping them up the ladder. "Come on now. One step at a time. There you go." he encourages them as they make their way up. 'Shit, they are never all going to make' he begins to realize.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(9 damage to the head is enough to knock a zombie down and reduce it to a crawl, so it would fall well behind the others. In this case, I'll apply the 5 plus the 7 damage as the impale and use that 4 damage for the third shot. You did roll a 1 to hit, after all. Keith has an AR-15, not an M-16, though they are very similar. It does not have a scope.

Walkers from the west: 5 dead, 2 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 4 damage to head)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

Black is to consetrated to hear anything.
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by wimrock »

Motel parking lot:
Dr. Dale turned to look back at his son and then said, "Hi, I am a doctor, does anyone need any help?"

In the communication room:
David loaded his gun competly by making sure it was fully loaded. He then said, "Hey I am sorry bout knocking the wire out. I am good at electronics however so I would like another shot at it. What do you say?" He smiled at the girl and winked at her as he flirted.
He also licked his lips in anticipation.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Bobby Sheen tried to listen to things around him but the noise of the guns was way to loud for him to hear anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the west: 20 dead, 3 with 9 damage to head)

West of the motel-
Duran continued firing as the creatures got closer. Now they were near enough that he had a better chance of hitting them. This time he landed three hits. The first one was lethal. The next target remained on its feet after getting hit, but the next shot knocked it down. However, it crawled onwards.

Clarence Deeds tried to shade his eyes from the bright sun overhead, but he still couldn't see the ghouls. Bill Black also peered into the field, only to have the light momentarily blind him. "I think we should bring the bikes with us too if we're forced to retreat," said Clarence. "We might not have the chance to come back for them if those things swamp the motel. We'll fall back to the east side of the building first, and then what's left of the diner. Everyone stay near your vehicle so you can hop on it."

Colin Lewis emptied the rest of his magazine, scoring one devastating hit and another good one. Both of his targets were obliterated. Joe Soarez got five shots off and got three excellent hits. His first two blew his targets' brains out, and the third finished off a wounded zombie.

Now that the zombies were closer, Phillips opened up. His wounds and his anxiety got the better of him, and they were still rather far off. All of his shots missed. Amanda Deeds still held her fire, and Lewie Newton still couldn't see any targets. Little Adrian Owens stirred in his sleep while Melinda watched him.

At the southwest corner of the motel, Lt. Blanco spoke to Dr. Dale Owens: "Thank you, Doctor," she said. "We don't have time to treat anyone's wounds or check for signs of infection right now. We've got to get everyone upstairs so we can look at them later. I'd appreciate your assistance. In addition to this rope ladder, there are two metal ones on the east side. If you don't have a rifle, head around to the other side of the motel now and get up on the balcony. If you do, start shooting as soon as you see the enemy. Lt. Curtis, you should climb this ladder here. You're needed in the comm room. Zorie, come with me." With that, she and Zorie Spooner walked around the south side of the motel to the base of the ladders on the east side. Lt. Rebecca Doolittle and Brian Kincaid followed them.

Lt. Alan Curtis started to climb the rope ladder, but his wounds prevented him from making much progress.

Airman Thomas Cole looked into the grass. "I see the sons of bitches!" he called. "I am so gonna kick their asses!" As he raised his rifle, he glanced down and also noticed one of the bodies lying near the base of the barricaded stairway that looked very familiar. "No...Ian!" He recoiled from the shock of finding his brother's mangled corpse. It had only a minor impact on him so far, as he funneled his pain into rage. He began shooting, but his anger did not translate into accuracy and only one shot hit, though that one was extremely deadly. Airman Greg Applebee forced his attention away from the blazing helicopter and back into the field, without any luck.

(Everyone, you now have another five combat rounds. If you've already passed a Spot Hidden roll trying to see into the field, as Keith Deeds has, you may use all of those rounds to fire. You are now at full skill when using any kind of rifle. Don't forget the -5% penalty for aiming at the head.

If you have not yet passed a Spot Hidden roll, you may attempt one now. If you have a helmet, remember there's a -5% penalty. If you fail, you cannot shoot during this set of combat rounds, but you can do other things. If you succeed, you have four rounds remaining in which to fire.

Nobody can climb the rope ladder this round, as Lt. Curtis is still trying to climb it.)

On the motel's roof-
Black and Sheen could hear nothing over the noise of gunfire, Sheen could see his targets clearly, though Black had yet to pinpoint them.

(Black, you may roll Spot Hidden at -5% again. If you succeed, you then get four shots. Sheen, you get three shots now.)

In the comm room-
When nobody objected, Baldwin snatched up the Sig Sauer P-226 and its magazines.

"I'm willing to give you another chance," Alexandria Mikhalin said to David, "if that's okay with my superiors." The gear finished initializing, and she reestablished a connection to Warren AFB. "Lt. Colonel Carmichael, this is Mikhalin. Are you reading me?"

"I read you, Airman," he replied. "The line went dead all of a sudden. What happened?"

"It was nothing, sir. The new guy accidentally knocked one of the wires loose, but I got it back in. The equipment's fine."

"That's good to hear. Wait, what new guy?"

"One of the civilians has some experience with eletronics, sir, and-"

"You're letting civilians into the comm room?!"

"It wasn't my decision, sir. Maybe you should talk to Ramirez about this."

"Hey, I was just leavin'," said Baldwin, returning to the balcony.

On the motel balcony-
Malanowski finally saw the incoming zombies and began shooting, hitting three times. One shot dropped its target outright, and the other two took out another.

Ortega fired another five rounds, only missing with one. All four of his hits were fatal.

Wallace hit with his next shot, but then his rifle jammed. The ghoul Wallace did hit was slain. Grunting, Wallace attempted to clear the jam, but without success. He tried again, and this time managed to dislodge the errant bullet, though it took quite a while.

(Wallace loses three more combat rounds from the next set of five clearing the jam. He will have two left to shoot.)

Baldwin emerged from the communications suite and searched the field for targets. He easily found some and took a couple of shots with his rifle. The first missed, but the second was perfect. It blew the zombie's head off. However, more than half of the creatures remained on their feet, and they would reach the parking lot in just a couple of minutes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-
Black tries to follow Sheen's scope but still can't see the aproaching targets.
"Where the hell are a pair of binoculers when you need them?" He once again takes of his helmet and sets it beside him trying to focus on where
the incoming zeds should be.

In the Comm Room-

"Only for the short term sir. We have incoming infected personal closing fast and we are curently restablishing our defenses." Rameriz says trying to defend himself to the Lt. Colonel.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the comm room-
"I understand that you've taken some casualties and lost key personnel," says Carmichael, "but having civilians present in that room is a serious security risk. We haven't vetted any of these people. If enough people survived that crash, you won't need to worry so much about not having enough, and Lt. Curtis is a very capable communications officer."

(Ramirez, roll Fast Talk or Persuade if you want to convince Lt. Colonel Carmichael to let civilians stay in the comm room.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Standing in the back of his pick up, Keith took aim and the approaching infected and let loose with 5 quick shots. Four of the shots found their mark. Two of the were infected were wounded and kept coming. The third shot hot it's target cleanly and took it down. The fourth shot was devestating and took the beasts head clean off.
"Lets mount up and move into prosition" he called the other Rough Riders. "Melina, sweetie, you think you can drive my truck here while I shot from the back?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Unable to spot the approaching infected, Frank looked around for a building from which he might be able to get a better vantage point. With all the scurrying around and comotion, Frank was unable to spot another vantage point.
Frustrated, he ran to the ladders on the east side of the motel and began to climb. The ladder, however, had other ideas and Frank did not make much progress.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(That second shot was also an impale, since 11 is 1/5 of 55. That means it does an extra 2d8 damage. Since the first 2d8 added up to 8, this is a guaranteed kill and Keith killed three zombies and wounded one more.

By the way, you can post for both of your characters in this section in the same post if you like.

Also, Frank would need to roll Dex x 5 in this case, not Climb. He wouldn't have to roll at all if he weren't wounded. The roll still failed, though. He also wouldn't have enough time in this round to both go around the motel and climb the ladder, so that roll will count for next round.

Walkers from the west: 23 dead, 3 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 7 damage to head)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Bobby Sheen smiled as the head of a creature came up in his scope. He squeezed the trigger and fired. The bullet hit the creature and saw most of the head blown away but the creature kept coming. Bobby decided that he had damaged the creature enough however and he could get it again later on. He cocked anotehr bullet into the rifle and he shifted his aim at the head of a second creature and fired. The bullet could not have hit truer if God himself had pushed it through the creatures skull. The head exploded like a ripe melon on a hot summer day.
Grinning Sheen cocked a third bullet into the rifle and took aim again at a new creature's head. The bullet flew straight and true hitting the creature in the head. Bobby saw the bullet had torn the head of another creature and he crowed in delight at the red mist in the air.

He loaded the last bullet in the clip into the chamber, ejected the clip, and reinserted another full clip leaving him by his count 38 more clips before he ran out of ammo for this beauty.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Is Cheng better now, and can he shoot?
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by wimrock »

ooc- since the moderator isn't here, can dale get back to his kid in time. Right now I am estimating he should be freaking out about being seperated from his kid.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”