IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by John Gaunt »

-On the east side of the motel roof:

The cacophony on the motel's western side throws off Airman Malanowski's concentration as he badly misses the shot.

"Dammit it all to hell," the disgusted airman mutters to himself as he picks himself up from his prone position in preparation for helping on the besieged western side...
Last edited by John Gaunt on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You only get one shot per major update from now on, not five, as I mentioned in my previous post. I'll count the first shot of those, which was a miss. That's your action for this round. After the next update you'll be able to cross the roof to the west side.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

OOC: Sorry, I wasn't clear what one combat round per major update meant. I've edited accordingly.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

OCC: runner, head: 70% (1d100=38, 2d8=9)

IC:

"We might want to consider using grenades once they're out of sight... But you'll have to coordinate with the people below, wouldn't want shrapnel to hurt people downstairs." Luke notes "Might cause some damage to the property, but I doubt it'll do more damage than a horde or zombies bashing away..."
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

Black quickly takes aim at what appears to be the biggest threat. It hits dead on. and the Southwest runner near the motel is left without a head. Black quickly turns his attention to the next threat.

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz quickly decides to stay in the room. It was likely that he would only get in the way if he went outside. Instead he quickly looks around for a spot in the room where he can cover the door with hopefully no one in the way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Luke already wounded his target for 9 damage to the head. If he had shot the runner at 20 yards (the ones already at the motel cannot be seen), it would have fallen over and been forced to crawl slowly. However, Black has higher DEX and would get to shoot first, so I'll apply Luke's hit to the walker at 7 yards to keep it from being wasted. That zombie will be 2 yards from the motel next round, so you'll get one more shot at it to finish it when the times comes. The range won't be point blank, as the roof is over 20 feet high. Black actually did enough damage for a kill with that shot even if he hadn't hit the zombie in the head!)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

(Do I still get shots now or do I have to wait for another update?)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You have to wait for the next update, as your rifle only fires every other round and you fired in the final combat round in your final set of five before we moved to single combat rounds. Colin Lewis in the other thread also can't fire, but only because his rifle is now empty. He can start to reload, though.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cuchulain
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Cuchulain »

Coltrane is quite happy to go for the garage.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank moves around to the West side of the motel, looking for a target to engage.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Which way are you going to head around the motel? You're currently in the middle, on the east side. Will you head for the north side, or the south side?)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: North side, I believe. Which ever side is between the motel and diner.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The east side is between the motel and the diner. The west side is where the zombies are. To get there, you'll need to go around either the north or the south side of the motel - your choice. You could also try to go through the motel, but the doors may be locked. The ladder leads up to the balcony or the roof, but that will take more time than just going around. Also, only one person can climb it at a time and the others are closer.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank, in combat posture, aims his rifle as he moves around the north side of the motel, to the west side, looking for a target.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Fulcilives2003 hasn't been on the board for a long time, so I'm temporarily running his characters as NPCs until he returns.

Walkers from the east: 35 dead, 1 with 9 damage to head
Walkers from the west: 7/32 dead
3 at NW corner
1 near SW corner [2 yards, 9 damage to head]
1 near SW corner [7 yards]
1 near NW corner [7 yards, 26 damage to torso]
1 SW of motel [15 yards, 28 damage to chest]
1 SW of motel [15 yards, 32 damage to abdomen]
1 NW of motel [15 yards, 26 damage to chest]
1 SW of motel [15 yards, 36 damage to abdomen]
1 NW of motel [15 yards, 10 damage to right arm]
1 NW of motel [15 yards, 17 damage to abdomen]
1 NW of motel [20 yards, 20 damage, left leg gone]
1 SW of motel [20 yards, 27 damage, left leg gone]
1 SW of motel [22 yards, 12 damage to abdomen]
1 SW of motel [22 yards, 12 damage to right arm]
1 NW of motel [25 yards, 27 damage, left leg gone]
1 NW of motel [25 yards, 32 damage, right leg gone]
1 NW of motel [25 yards, 33 damage, left leg gone]
1 NW of motel [25 yards, 32 damage, left leg gone]
1 NW of motel [25 yards, 14 damage, right leg gone]
1 SW of motel [25 yards, 33 damage, left leg gone]
3 near edge of grass [30 yards]
Runners from the west: 1/4 dead
1 at SW corner [1 damage to chest]
1 at NW corner [4 damage to chest]
1 NW of motel [20+ yards]
NW barricade: 28 damage
SW barricade: 4 damage)

On the motel roof-
The round from the Barrett blew the running zombie to smithereens. With his first target gone, Luke instead shot the closest walker in the head, dropping it to its hands and knees. It crawled forward and was now very close to the southwest corner, but it would still be possible for someone to lean over the edge of the roof and finish it off before it passed beneath the overhang and out of sight. Another walking zombie, this one undamaged, was also getting dangerously close to that corner, and yet another with a gaping hole in its torso was just as close to the northwest corner.

Cole and Ernest Granger raced across the roof to the west side, taking up positions to shoot at the enemy. "We might want to toss a grenade or two at that crowd near the back," suggested Cole, used to seeing these things and just glad for a chance to kill some. "That way it won't damage the barricades, but it may finish off the ones wounded by the Claymores. I can lob one if you want, Sarge."

Ernest Granger kept his cool and took aim at the zombies in the parking lot below as they advanced relentlessly on the motel. The final runner emerged from the grass and sprinted for the northwest corner. Two more slow-movers stepped out of the grass, both heading for the southwest corner. One had a sizable hole in its belly, and the other had a crippled right arm.

The zombies already at the northwest corner continued to smash at the barricade. The runner there and one of the walkers pushed their way up the stairs and ripped it a new one. Wood flew as the runner clawed its way nearly halfway up the flight of steps, and the walker battered the furniture halfheartedly. The other two walkers followed them up, but could not reach the barricade past them. The runner at the southwest stairs continued to slowly chip away at the barricade there.

(Everyone on the west side of the roof may fire one shot this round at a zombie of your choice - other than the ones that have already reached the motel, that is. Malanowski, you're still on the east side of the roof. You may use your action for this round to cross to the west side. No need to roll Sanity, as you've already lost 10 from seeing zombies this chapter.)

In the comm room-
Ramirez took up a position opposite the door, keeping his weapon trained on the entrance while Lt. Doolittle continued her repairs.

"How is the fight going?" asked Carmichael over the communications system.

"It's hard to tell, sir," answered Lt. Curtis. "I can't see much from here, and I don't want to distract Sergeant Black to ask for a status report. If there's anything I need to hear, he'll let me know. So far the barricades are holding, and I can only hope our forces can repel the enemy with a minimum of casualties, but it seems likely that there will be some, and we can ill afford any. We're going to need more reinforcements as soon as possible, sir."

"I'll see what I can do. It'll be about an hour before they can get to you, though, maybe more depending on delays."

East of the motel-
"You can have my ass anywhere you want it," said David to Lt. Blanco with a wink before he climbed the ladder up to the balcony.

Lt. Blanco groaned. "Why does he have to be so impossible?" she asked. "Doesn't he realize there's an emergency situation here?" She finished her inspection of Amanda. "Yeah, you're in excellent health. You go on up next."

"Oh, I don't know," said Zorie Spooner, watching David scale the ladder. "I think he's kind of cute." She was so distracted that she wasn't paying much attention to Dr. Owens.

"Just stay focused on your job, okay?"

Brian Kincaid followed Gordon Cheng across the parking lot to the west and soon caught up to him several yards from the southeast corner. Applebee ran for the southeast corner of the motel too, as it was closer. Hodges entered the parking lot from the east, being careful to skirt the booby traps, and made for the northeast corner. He was still ten yards away from it. Coltrane ran further east and was now about 3/4 of the way to the garage. Ortega and Wallace emerged from Room 5 and approached for the northwest corner with Phillips.

(Hodges, you can make it to the north side of the motel in this coming round. Coltrane, you can clear half of the remaining distance to the garage this round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

-On the east side of the motel roof

Airman Malanowski springs from his prone position and runs to the western side in order to render assistance. As he moves, he reaches for one of the pineapples attached to the front of his flack jacket.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by SuAside »

Luke tries to get a last quick shot in at a runner, but misses.

"I think the barricades won't hold at this rate. Too many are making it through to the building without us being able to take them down." Luke says on the radio "I suggest you get that SAW in a favorable position to mow them down when they get through."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hodges quickens his pace, hoping to get a shot at the zeds attacking the barricades.
As he looks for a shot, he keys his radio mic: "Sir, the barricades are not going to hold. We need to get those stairs down as quickly as we can. Perhaps our demo team can set up a grenade or other charge to blow the stairs to the second floor. We could limit all access to the second floor to rope ladder, which we can pull up."
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

Black quickly aims while talking to Cole. "Do it." He fires at the zombie near the corner and hits it in the center of the head. It drops dead never to rise again. He quickly says over the radio "Get ready their comming it up."

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz gets ready hoping that he won't have to fire his gun. He takes aim at the door but makes sure to keep his finger out of the trigger.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sheen aimed and fired at one of the zombies and was satisfied to see it die in gore.

(11 on the shot, 15 on the damage. IC was down)
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”