IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the west: 25 dead, 3 with 9 damage to head, 1 with 8 damage to head, 1 with 7 damage to head

Bobby Sheen's second shot was a critical hit, so it would have done an additional 2d6+4 damage, but since he already did 10 damage with the first 2d6+4 there's no need to roll. He does not yet have time to reload his rifle. That will have to wait until after the next update.

Gordon Cheng and all the other injured people from the helicopter are conscious and sane. They may act freely, though attempting strenuous or difficult activities such as climbing a ladder will require a Dex x 5 roll. They may shoot at will, but first they have to see their targets. This means you must pass a Spot Hidden roll first, at a -5% penalty if you have a helmet. If you succeed, you have four combat rounds to fire.

Dr. Dale Owens may certainly get back to his SUV, and that's a very good idea. He can reach it and get into the driver's seat this round. Next round he can drive away.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Cheng is looking in vain for a zombie.
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by wimrock »

Dale owens runs quickly for his truck, frantic of the thought of being seperated from his son.
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

David speaks up, "Say, guys, is this little pistol I got gonna be any good versus a zombie, or should I have a rifle." He looks around at the room he is in and continues,"Course, maybe blowing a rifle off in here might get you some bad ricochets, but I dunno. What do you think, guys?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the west: 40/54 dead, 5 with 9 damage to head, 3 with 8 damage to head

Bosco hasn't been online in almost two weeks and hasn't posted for even longer, so I'll run his characters as NPCs temporarily. I've already been running Kranix's characters as NPCs for now.)

West of the motel-
Duran kept firing, but he only hit twice, finishing off a wounded zombie and killing a fresh one. Half of them were now down for good, and a few of the remaining ones had been slowed to a crawl, but that still left over twenty undamaged and they were getting closer.

Adrian groggily came to, awakened by all the gunfire, and rubbed his eyes as his father got into the driver's seat. The SUV was in park, but the engine was still running. "Daddy, what's happening?" he mumbled. "I don't feel so good..." Meanwhile, Ernest Granger also rushed back to his truck and got into the driver's seat.

Clarence still couldn't locate the enemy. Tsuba had better luck this time. He raised his AK-47 to his shoulder and opened up. The first shot missed badly, and the second caused the weapon to jam. "Stupid Russian piece of crap!" he cried. He worked feverishly to clear it, but his first attempt was a failure. He finally started making some progress, but it was extremely slow going.

Colin Lewis reloaded, and then he fired twice more, hitting both times. Both targets bit the dust. His friend Joe Soarez fired five times and hit four, and his first shot was especially deadly. Two targets were slain outright, and another was wounded twice but still crawled on.

Steve Phillips fired again, hitting three times and slaying two of the ghouls. Amanda finally began shooting. Her first two shots missed, and her M2 jammed on the third. She struggled with the weapon and it took her a long time to start clearing it, though once she did it did not take her long. Lewie Newton spotted them at last and squeezed off a couple of shots, but they were both way off.

Back at the motel, Lt.Alan Curtis still couldn't get up the ladder. Cole fired some more rounds and scored two hits. Both of his targets went down but continued to crawl. Roger Coltrane couldn't locate anything to shoot. Greg Applebee saw movement in the field, but he could not pinpoint the enemy well enough to fire.

Those who could see the creatures could tell that they had nearly reached the flaming wreckage of the Huey and were closing in on the northwest corner of the parking lot. Fourteen remained on their feet, and another seven lagged behind on their hands and knees.

(Everyone who has passed a Spot Hidden roll to see these zombies previously must now roll Sanity, with a 0/1d10 Sanity loss. That means that you lose no Sanity if you get less than or equal to your current Sanity, but you lose 1d10 points if you roll higher. The following PCs on the west side of the motel must roll: Keith Deeds and Lewie Newton. Since you can only lose a maximum of 10 Sanity per chapter for seeing zombies and he has already lost 6, any roll that causes you to lose more than 4 will count as 4 for Keith. If you lose 5 or more, then you must roll Idea. If this roll succeeds, then you go temporarily insane. Otherwise, you keep your wits about you.

If you do not go insane, you have five combat rounds in which to act before any surviving walking zombies reach the edge of the parking lot. At that point everyone will be able to see them. If you want to shoot during this time and you haven't yet passed a Spot Hidden roll to locate the zombies, you must make a roll now. If you succeed, you must then roll Sanity as described above. If you remain sane, you get four combat rounds to shoot. Greg Applebee has lost 10 Sanity from seeing a zombie already, so he doesn't roll Sanity if he sees them.)

On the motel's roof-
Sergeant Black kept searching for targets, and this time he caught sight of them - and immediately wished he hadn't.

(In the notes on Invisible Castle I had forgotten not to give Black the -5% penalty, but he would have seen them either way. Black and Sheen, both of you roll Sanity. If you stay sane, Black gets four shots and Sheen gets two after he reloads.)

In the comm room-
"Well, a pistol will still work if you shoot them in the head," says Alexandria Mikhalin, "but you usually have to hit them twice or even three times to take them down. A rifle would only ricochet if you miss, but that would be a risk. Of course, you won't be allowed to stay in here anyway unless Ramirez can convince the colonel to let you stay. There are a few rifles out on the balcony belonging to the dead, but we've got a few people without them who could use one and it's up to the CO whether you'd get one. You any good with a rifle?"

(David only has the base skill in Rifle. According to the rules, that's 25%, but we've been allowing unskilled people to have 30% in this game.)

On the motel balcony-
Malanowski missed several shots, three of them narrowly, but he did land a single hit that only slightly wounded his target. Ortega barely missed a couple of times, and the other three bullets hit home fatally. Wallace cleared the jam and fired two more times, hitting with both shots. He knocked down a wounded zombie and blew away a previously unharmed one. Baldwin reloaded and then emptied his magazine, getting two hits. He obliterated two more ghouls. This left only six on their feet and eight more crawling.

(Stompie, if you return, Ortega and Wallace must make Sanity rolls now.)

East of the motel-
"What are you doing, Airman?" asked Lt. Blanco. "You've got a perfectly good rifle. You should be back on the other side of the motel, helping to defend it. You won't be able to see them from here. I know you're wounded, but the others were hurt worse than you and they're still back there."

Lt. Doolittle easily scaled the shorter ladder, and Airman Brian Kincaid had no problem climbing the taller one and swinging onto the balcony to join her.

(Frank Hodges, if you try to climb a ladder your failed roll will count now. However, Lt. Blanco has made it clear where she wants you to go.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

"Son of a bitch." How the hell could he have missed them? He took aim at the nearing zeds rapidly fires off four shots.
Each shot hitting their mark. Soon four more bodies hit the dirt each one of them slain.

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz waits patiently checking his weapon over hoping that he wouldn't have to use it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(I still need you to roll Sanity for Sam Black. The roll takes effect before you get to shoot, so if you go insane those shots won't count.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sheen saw the creatures emerge from the tall grass. He thought of going mad for a second but realized that these creatures could be taken down with good old sniper fire and he prepared to fire. He took aim at one of the creatures heads and fired. The bullet flew straight and true hitting the creature square in the head. The head exploded in lots of gory little bits and red mist.
Bobby gave the rebel yell and then took aim at a second creature's head, after cocking another round in his chamber of course. He fired and while the bullet did not do as well as the first shot it still hit the creature in the head. Sheen looked through his scope to see most of the creature's head gone but it still crawling up toward the hotel.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Walkers from the west: 49/54 dead, 5 with 9 damage to head

I went ahead and rolled Sanity for Sergeant Black myself, since it's important for the other players to know how many zombies are left. He would have flipped out and those four shots of his would have been called back. Your madness would have lasted for 8 rounds, including the current group of four. However, I found a roll of 27 on Invisible Castle afterwards that was just before your shots, so I'll count that as your Sanity roll instead.)

On the motel's roof-
More rifle fire came from the direction of the diner, and the rest of the standing creatures fell. Only five remained crawling through the grass.

(Any hit from a rifle is guaranteed to do enough damage to finish off any of the crawling zombies, so there's no need to roll damage. Even if all of the remaining zombies are eliminated, everyone must still roll Sanity. The snipers on the roof have already used up their actions for this set of combat rounds, but there should be no problem finishing off the rest of the zombies. If they're all gone by the time it's your turn, you can do something other than shoot if you remain sane.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

David talks to Ramirez,"Umm, I'd like to do some shooting with the rifle out on the balcony, since it makes sense with my skill level to do that. But, if it gets bad, can I retreat into the room with you guys?" Roll of 1 on persuade. link=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1551291/
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

ooc- Thanks that was my sanity roll but I must have forgot to put it in sorry about that.

In the Comm room-
"Very well take one of the rifles just give it back after the shooting stops."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Note that social skills such as Persuade can only be used on NPCs, not PCs. Ramirez is not obligated to agree to David's request, though Mikhalin is thoroughly convinced.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

East side of the motel
The crack of gunfire snaps Airman Hodges back to the task at hand. With his rifle in hand, he sprinted around to the other side of the motel and and immediatly spoted the shambling infected. As the infected moved past the burning helo, the intense heat of the fires ignited their hair and causes their skin to crackle. Revulsion and horror welled up in Hodges, however, he quickly repressed it. His jaw set in defiance, Hodges rised his rifle and let loose with three shots. The first round missed it's mark, but the next two hit their targets square in the head. Both targets fell the the ground and moved no more.
(OOC: This appears to be the start of the round where veryone gets 5 actions. Hodges had to run around to spot the enemy and make a sanity roll which I am going to guess takes 2 rounds. Thus, I am taking three shots. If I have made a mistake, please ignore the shots he does not get and let me know so I can edit my post. Second hit was an impale that did 9 damage without the additional impale damage. I didn not bother rolling the additional damage)

In the back of his truck
Keith nearly recoiled in horror as the walking dead came ito full view. The though of his family, his brother, and the lovely Melinda allowed him to push any thoughts of panic aside. He let loose with five shots. The first two rounds struck home, dropping their targets where they stood. The third shot missed and his trusty AR15 jammed on the frouth shot.
"Damn it", he cursed as he worked to unjam the gun.
(OOC: What do I roll to unjam the gun?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The only zombies left now are crawlers who have already taken 9 damage to the head, so there's no need to worry about rolling damage. Your characters just killed four of them, so there is only one left. Everyone who has yet to act who already saw the zombies must still roll Sanity, even though the last one will almost certainly be taken out.

To unjam Keith's rifle, you must either roll against Rifle or Mechanical Repair skill. Since his Mechanical Repair is higher, you use that one. I counted your fifth roll for that, which is a success. You just need to roll 1d6 to see how many combat rounds it takes to clear the jam. This includes the fifth round in this set of five, so you may have to use up to all five rounds from the next set to finish.)

On the motel balcony-
David left the comm room and examined the bodies of the dead. There was an M-16 assault rifle lying near the corpse of Airman Bruce Thayer. There were M-4 carbines by the remains of Gary and Sergeant McCain. Gary's had an M-203 grenade launcher attached under the barrel, while McCain's had a Remington 870 12 gauge pump action shotgun. Gary also had a 20 gauge double-barreled shotgun, and Mitchell and Jimmy had 12 gauge semiautomatic shotguns. The dead Air Force personnel also had Beretta M9s, and Airman Nethaniel Lewis additionally had the late captain's Beretta 1951A1.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith tries to unjam his rifle, but will require more time to do so.
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

David picks up the grenade launcher and the shotgun. OOC- he grabs the grenade launcher, only if there's obviously a lot of ammo. David looks towards the zombies. He rolls a 97. Link=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1556214/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The M-203 grenade launcher is attached under the barrel of the rifle and would be very difficult to aim accurately without it. There is one 40mm grenade currently loaded in it, but the man who had been carrying it had no other grenades on his person. The shotgun is likewise attached under the barrel of the M-4, though it can be detached and the stock reconnected to it. Doing this will take the rest of the round. Let me know what you would like to do. You also would only need to roll Sanity if you had seen the zombies. Since you haven't made a Spot Hidden roll, there is no need for a Sanity roll.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

OOC- can Dale drive away now?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Yes, of course. Just say where he's heading.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Are we waiting for another major update before we can act again?

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”