IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-THRU-The Siege(All but Luke)

Post by Mr. Handy »

West of the motel-
Phillips hustled back to the position he had previously held, reloading his M-4 as he went. Then he crouched down and resumed setting the final Claymore. Coltrane and Applebee continued covering him.

On the motel roof-
Sheen currently had 34 magazines for his M-24, each with 5 rounds. Cole had twenty additional magazines that he had retrieved from the ammo crate.

(Giving Luke eight magazines means he'd only gain 40 additional rounds, while Sheen would still have well over 200. Decide amongst yourselves how many magazines you think you can spare.)

In the comm room-
Ramirez was easily able to dislodge the jammed round. Then he took out his gun cleaning kit and started cleaning Alanen's pistol, which had been sullied by a grenade blast. It would take him another minute to finish. Mikhalin kept monitoring the equipment while Curtis shut off the water to the bathtub, which was now nearly full.

In Room 2-
David shut off the bathtub's tap while he waited. Ernest stood watch at the door.

In Room 4-
Amanda turned off the water and followed Zorie Spooner and Lt. Doolittle outside.

In Room 5-
Adrian continued eating Baldwin, oblivious to the bullets embedded in his skull.

East of the motel-
"This is Luke, zombie spotted in Room 5 of the hotel," said Luke over the radio. "Be careful, there might be more. I don't have a clear shot at this time."

Lt. Doolittle exited Room 4 near the base of the ladder. She climbed up halfway until she was level with the balcony, then swung onto it. The comm room was all the way on the southwest corner.

"This is Blanco," replied Lt. Blanco. "Roger that. That's the boy Adrian I reported earlier. He's the only one, but if anyone has been killed they'll rise up soon too." She looked up from fiddling with her Beretta when Zorie emerged with the others from Room 4 and Cheng came around the southeast corner of the motel. "Zorie, take a quick look at Cheng. We've got wounded I need to see to just as soon as the shooting stops."

"Okay," said Zorie. "Be careful!" She hurried over to Cheng. "You ready for me to check you out, Airman? I'll try to make this quick."

Ortega just sat where he was and moaned uselessly. Amanda approached, but hung back to stay out of danger. "It's all right, sonny, Mama's here," she said. "You've got to get up now. Your friends need your help."

Ortega came to his senses and got to his feet, scooping up his weapon. "Thank you, ma'am!" he called.

(Malanowski, Kincaid, and Keith Deeds, you have another combat round in which to act. Since Wallace has fallen down, he is no longer in your way, so you may use double your skill if you decide to shoot, with a -5% penalty for aiming at the head. Adrian has taken 8 damage to the head so far, and another 2 will finish him. Any rifle hit to the head will do at least 2 damage so there is no need to make a damage roll, but Keith's pistol, which can fire twice, may do only 1 so a roll is still needed. If you miss, roll Luck.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Kincaid obeyed Malanowski's order, numbed by the terrible act he'd just comitted, albeit accidentally. He staggered sideways and sank to the ground with his back against the wall. Tossing his pistol aside as though it had stung him, he let his helmet fall to the dirt beside him.

"I...I...just...accident..." he managed to stammer through the wall of blackness that had slumped down on him. He put his head in his hands and tried not to weep.

(OOC: Sorry all, bad, bad rolling...)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Wrapping the rifle strap around his forearm, Malanowski feels himself entering "the Zone". He takes the shot. Hitting the target cleanly behind the ear this time, the undead flops.

"Zed down!" Malanowski declares decisively into his mike and gives the all clear signal before standing up and striding toward the prone Native American. "Two to the head," mutters Malanowski to himself, disgustedly shaking his head, "fuckin' sloppy."

Igor is going to check Wallace to make see if he's still alive. Will that require a 1st Aid roll?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(You can tell that Wallace does appear to be alive, as his chest is moving. You would need to use First Aid in order to try to heal his wounds and wake him up, but you've already acted this round by shooting. Anyone else on ground level on the east side of the motel who hasn't gone this round may apply First Aid, and Lt. Blanco will be sure to do so. Adrian is down for good. He actually took three bullets to the head, counting the one that Baldwin winged him with.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Cole looks around the roof. It's obvious he's anxious to put a hurting on some more of the zombies.
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, but be quick.
fulcilives2003
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by fulcilives2003 »

Lt. Doolittle's pace picks up into a jog as she nears her destination.
so says I "The amazing man wonder"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

The East side of the motel -
Keith looks at the carnage with a hint of sadness. "Poor kid," he says as he peers into the room. "Malanowski, this ones dead, but probably not for long. Probably best to..... you know...... make sure he stays down." Keiths says while making a gun with is hand and putting it up to the side of his own head in the customary 'shoot in the head' mime.

On the West side of the motel -
Frank Hodges continues to cover Airman Phillips. "Whew, that was a close call," he says to Applebee and Coletrane.
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"Medic!" Malanowski yells urgently. "This civvie in the parking lot is still breathing! Medic!" Bringing up his rifle and moving towards the open doorway Malanowski says to Keith: "Do what ya gotta do, man. I got ya covered."

I know how many headshots Adrian took. Malanowski was commenting on his own handywork. He's a proponent of the one shot one kill methodology.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: I probably should have made sure Keith knew that bites spread the infection before my previous post. Let me know if I should edit.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(No, everyone knows by now about the bites. Keith and the other new characters didn't know about the dead rising up at the start of Chapter 3, but by this point I think they've been told. He hasn't acted yet, so he can go ahead and shoot Baldwin in the head if he wants. It's point blank range, so double your skill and then take the -5% penalty if you do. If you don't, or if you fail to do enough damage, Ortega will also shoot. Malanowski cannot, since he already fired this round. Lt. Blanco and Amanda will see to the wounded.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Letting out a deep sign, Keith aims at the head of Baldwins corpse and pull the trigger. He winces as he pulls the trigger and ends up barely hitting the corpse in the head. The bulllet blows a massive hole [url] in its [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1647776/] head.
Last edited by ryansommer on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Keith's rifle does 2d8 damage, so roll another 1d8 to add to the 8 you've already caused on the first 1d8. As long as you roll 2 or more, you'll ensure he never rises up.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Sorry about that. I thought it was 2d8, but I didn't check. Post eidted above)
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Fearlessfred »

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz countinues to clean the gun.

On the Motel Roof-

"On the other hand if your okay with getting only 30 rounds I'm sure he would put the rest to good use."
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

"What about this other civvie in here, Keith?" Malanowski asks, training his rifle on the prone Doc Owens. "Dead, wounded, or infected?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

West of the motel-
Phillips armed the final Claymore. "This is Phillips," he said into the radio. "Claymores are all set. I'm heading home."

"You're telling me," said Coltrane to Hodges and Applebee. "Good work, both of you."

On the motel roof-
The three men on the roof continued to discuss how to distribute the ammo.

In the comm room-
Lt. Doolittle rushed into the room just after Ramirez finished cleaning the Colt .45. Lt. Curtis looked up. "Ah, there you are, Doolittle. You weren't originally supposed to be part of my team, but now that you're here maybe you can be of help. I'm sure you've had some training with electronic systems, but I don't know if you've ever had experience with anything as old as the gear we've got here. I certainly don't, and you're even younger than I am."

In Room 2-
Ernest let out a sigh of relief when the shooting stopped, but he did not let down his guard.

East of the motel-
Baldwin lay still permanently, his brains blown out. Lt. Blanco rushed forward and peeked into the room. "Doc Owens is alive," she said. "I don't know if he's infected or not, but Wallace was even before this happened, so I'd better help him. Amanda, can you take a look at Owens? Ortega, cover her."

"Will do," said Amanda, following Ortega and carefully stepping over the bodies and into Room 5.

Lt. Blanco got to work trying to extract the bullets from Wallace. "He's going to live," she assured Kincaid, "at least until the toxin in his bloodstream kills him in a couple of hours or so." She spoke into her microphone. "Blanco reporting. The threat in Room 5 has been neutralized. One civilian was killed by Adrian after he turned, and two more have been wounded by friendly fire." She removed one of the bullets from Wallace's spine and restored him somewhat.

Wallace groaned as he came to. "They're everywhere..." he mumbled.

Zorie Spooner inspected Gordon Cheng carefully. "Have you been bitten?" she asked, looking at one of his wounds from the helicopter crash. "I'd better take a closer look at this."

Colin Lewis pulled up in the parking lot, stopping next to Keith's truck. Joe Soarez was in the shotgun seat.

In Room 5-
Amanda looked Dr. Owens over. "Yeah, he'll live," she said. "I just hope there isn't any brain damage." She tried to help him, but was having no luck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by John Gaunt »

Shouldering his rifle, Malanowski moved to assist Amanda. "Here, ma'am, lemmee see if I can't help you." Drawing from his reservoir of battlefield experiences, with deft and precise movement, the veteran airman wrapped the unfortunate doctor's head in gauze and marginally staunched the flow of blood.

The patient stabilized, the airman assesses the scene, making a mental note of the array of firearms throughout the room. As his practiced eye sweeps the room, it catches Amanda's. "I'm guessing from the way you handle yourself, you've probably done this sort of thing before..." he said, casting a downward glance at the patient.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-No, i wasn't bitten. But i almost died in th crash.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Lewis gets out of the truck and walks over to Keith, "Hey do you need a rider next time to shoot the zombies?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”