IC-OVER-Chance Encounter(Julio Alvarez/Kathryn McCoy)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OVER-Chance Encounter(Julio Alvarez/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 2:26 PM Central Time - Airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
On the second floor-
Kathryn McCoy rushed into the stairwell and across the landing, a fire extinguisher in one hand and a laptop computer in the other. The tails of her unbuttoned blouse flapped as she ran. Airman Julio Alvarez ran up the stairs from below, his M-4 at the ready. He was nearing the landing at the top of the flight of stairs just as she was about to start running down them. The two of them nearly collided.

(Kathryn, you have higher Dex, so you get to act first. Alvarez, wait until she posts before you do.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OVER-Chance Encounter(Julio Alvarez/Kathryn McCoy)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Z-Day - 2:26 PM Central Time - Airfield 10 miles SW of Kearney, Nebraska
On the second floor-
"Oh, Alvarez? Is there a problem with the helicopter?" Kathryn realised she probably showed more skin than intended...She pushed the blouse together awkwardly. "There´s an electrical failure in the computer room. Did you see a faom extinguisher down below? This is a water - useless here...." "I brought the tuner to fix the propulsion error with the bird!"
The air contoller McCoy raised the laptop and started downwards. She smiled at the NG and moved with her back towards the wall, letting him pass, barely brushing the fabric of her blouse as they met.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvarez turned with his M-4 and pointing it at Kathryn said, "Freeze or I will shoot"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat McCoy stopped in her tracks. "We really should leave!" Her chest was heaving up and down as the stress built up.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez looked deeply in McCoy's eyes trying to determine if she was lying or not. "No, your lying. Now I do not want to shoot you but I will unless you freeze and come back up these stairs now!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hell, yes! Your boss is crazed, I´m not staying where that man is!" "But now that you are here, it feels better, he won´t try anything when he´s got company." She puts down the extinguisher and the laptop. "He is stealing the chopper and I was about to stop that." "All civilians are being left to die here. Is that why you joined the NG??" "You´re supposed to help them!"Kathryn buttons her blouse.
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Listen that is why I am here. I know somewhere in this building he has the pilot of that chopper and he is raping her or at least trying to. I intend to put a stop to that and if I have to I will kill him to stop it but with you running around that makes it harder for him to trust me enough for me to get close enough to slice his throat with my knife, understand?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I believe I put a stop to the lust fest up there. That´s why I opened the fire escape!" "How do you want to pursue this? I will only be in your way if I come with you. You can say you hit me out cold in the computer room. I´ll stay here and wait till you and Erika get back, OK?"
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Okay that sounds good. Stay there. Do you have a weapon in case he finds you first?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Just this extinguisher...Was aiming for a nail gun from below. In the machine shop."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the second floor-
"Okay, I heard you," replied Flynn on the radio.

"Fire escape was clear," Gardner reported on the radio. "Alvarez, guard the stairs at the second floor landing and make sure she doesn't get past you." He paused. "Ah, good, you've found her, Alvarez! Bring her upstairs so she can shut off that goddamn fire alarm."

(Alvarez and Kathryn McCoy, roll Listen at half skill again. Remember that Alvarez has a -5% penalty applied after halving his skill due to his helmet.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

As Alvarez let her go, she went in to the compuetr room and started the main frame to see what was going on with the rest of the air field. / What is the situation, really?/ I´ll try to get access to the sec-cameras...
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Whoa, slow down again! Remember, you can only go up one flight of stairs per round. Events are happening in the other threads that may influence the course of events, and they need to stay in sync. I waited for a while before this update because many players in Over haven't posted during the last few days - including Mr Zombie killer - and I wanted to give them a chance before moving on. You were on the second floor, and you'll get to the third floor this round.)

On the second floor-
While Alvarez stood on the second floor landing, Kathryn headed upstairs. She soon vanished from sight around the bend.

Gardner's voice came on the radio: "Nice work, Alvarez, I've got her. Go back down and take the other girls to the warehouse. The sooner you get that second barrel, the sooner we can get out of here."

(Kathryn McCoy is moving to this thread: Tower of Terror. Stop reading this thread at this point.

Alvarez remains in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez broke out of his deep thoughts and said on his radio, "Sarge, are you able to see me somehow cause I am wanting to speak to you person to person please."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the second floor-
"What is our status down there?" asked Dawkins over the radio. "These bastards are not getting any happier and are getting much, much closer. In a few moments they will be at the warehouses and then to the chopper and the tower and we have not properly fueled the chopper."

"Corporal, how are the things?" asked Flynn on the radio just after Dawkins spoke.

"I'm further up the stairwell, Alvarez," replied Gardner. "I couldn't see you, but I did manage to hear you over that deafening alarm. No time to talk now, but I'll see you after the enemy is dealt with and you've brought back the fuel. New plan: when you get down to the first floor, go out the back door, back up Flynn, and shoot those things before they arrive. I'm bringing our guests up to the roof so I can fire too. I think we can stop the infected before they do too much damage. The first barrel should be more than halfway loaded by now. If we have to we can take off without the second one, but we wouldn't have enough range to get all the way to Warren AFB."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez sighed, "Yes sir. I am going to go get that second barrel of fuel now." He started down the steps on the way out toward where he left the two girls earlier.

(occ-how many rounds will it take to get to the front door and outside again?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Alvarez has reached the ground floor now, and normally he could get outside through either the front or the back this coming round. However...well, you'll see...)

On the stairs-
As Alvarez raced down the stairs, more messages came in over the radio.

First he heard Dawkins speak at about the same time he did: "We've got a police cruiser inbound! 20 yards from the tower. It's full of armed folks from the hangar and I am guessing they are not coming over for lunch."

Next, Gardner replied: "You've got to stop them, Alvarez! Hold them off!"

Alvarez reached the ground floor and headed for the stairwell door.

(Alvarez is moving to this thread: Storming the Castle)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”