IC-OVER-Prisoners(Dawkins/Alvarez/Stephanie/Hausmann)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-OVER-Prisoners(Dawkins/Alvarez/Stephanie/Hausmann)

Post by ryansommer »

Dawkins curses under her breath. 'Things are getting rapidly out of control down there. That dumb fuck Gardner had to let his pecker do his thinking and now things were going sideways, fast.' she thought as she reloaded the magazine on the one companion she had always been able to count on: her M24.
Dawkins scanned the area near there warehouses where Alvarex left the women, and where Flynn was with the male prisoners. Dawkins then shouldered her rilfe and said "Here we go, girl. Let's restore some order to this chaos" as she took aim once again.
The first shot sails wide as does her second shot. The situation downstairs is affecting her concentration. 'Damn you, Gardner!' she mutters again to herself as she works the bolt action on her rifle. 'Rapidly out of control.......' her thoughts trail off.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
"Okay, I heard you," replied Flynn on the radio.

"Fire escape was clear," Gardner reported on the radio. "Alvarez, guard the stairs at the second floor landing and make sure she doesn't get past you." He paused. "Ah, good, you've found her, Alvarez! Bring her upstairs so she can shut off that goddamn fire alarm."

Dawkins looked around while she was reloading her rifle, but saw nothing she hadn't expected to see. Flynn still stood in front of the slightly open doors to Warehouse 1, but nobody tried to come out. Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann still stood where Alvarez had told them to stand on the west side of the tower. She resumed shooting, but the incessant fire alarm and the stress of the situation ended her killing streak. The five fast hostiles were now a little over half a mile from the warehouses, and the one she had wounded was lagging further behind them.

(Dawkins, you get two more shots now. The first is at half skill, so you need a 32 or less again. By the time you make your second shot, they're close enough that you get to use your full skill. There's still the -5% penalty for aiming at the head, so this gives you a 70% chance.)

West of the tower-
Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann stood frozen in place, wondering about the significance of the fire alarm and worried about their friends. Alvarez said one of the men gave up his seat for him, thought Stephanie. Was it Bo? I'd hate to leave him here, but if there's no other way...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Taking a deep breath and steading herself, Dawkins took aim and fired at the closest of the 5 infected rushing the arifield. With the ringing of the fire alarm in her ears, the shot missed its mark. She racked another round into the chamber and fired and missed again.
Her heart raced. Her breathing quickened and palms grew moist with sweat. 'They're getting so close,' she thought, her mind racing. 'Too close. Where the fuck are Alvarez and Flynn? Shouldn't they diverting them away from the air field? Of course they should be, but instead they are running all over the god damn place trying to round a couple fluzies because Gardner couldn't keep his dick in his pants!' Dawkins seethed with rage. 'Gardner was supposed to be in charge. Was supposed to be leading the four of us to safety. Instead, things looked worse than they had in a long time and it was all Gardners fault.' The next time she saw Gardner she was going to kick him in the balls. Twice.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Am I the only one on this thread still, or are the other girls here as well? We seem to be at a stand still on this thread and Dawkins is chomping at the bit for the chance to shoot more zeds.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann are still in this thread, but you're the only player in this one. However, there are several other players in the other Over threads. I'm sorry it's been a while since the last update, but many players in Over haven't posted during the last few days and I wanted to wait in order to give them a chance. All the Over threads need to stay in sync, as events in different threads may influence the course of events.)

On the tower roof-
Dawkins watched in frustration as her two most recent shots both missed and the enemy got closer. The five uninjured ones were now less than half a mile from the warehouses and closing rapidly.

Gardner's voice came over the radio again: "Nice work, Alvarez, I've got her. Go back down and take the other girls to the warehouse. The sooner you get that second barrel, the sooner we can get out of here."

(Dawkins, roll Listen. This roll is at half skill due to the fire alarm that's still ringing. You also have a -5% penalty from your helmet, and this is applied after your skill is halved. Since your skill is 65%, half of this is 32.5%. With the penalty, it becomes 27.5%. Because you must roll equal to or less than your skill, you need a 27 or less to succeed.

You only have one bullet left in the rifle, so you'll need to reload at some point. You will get two shots at full skill, minus only the 5% penalty for aiming at the head. After the next major update you will get three shots. At that point any remaining zombies that haven't at least been wounded will reach the warehouses. If you succeed at your Listen roll, you might want to wait until I tell you what you hear before you open fire in case it affects what you're going to do.)

West of the tower-
Stephanie and Dr. Hausmann remained standing in place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OCC: I just realized I got ahead of myself and forgot to post my listen roll. At any rate, I failed so I started shooting again. You should be able to look up the failure based on my character name in Invisible Castle. Sorry for the incovenience.)
With one bullet left in the magazine, Dawkins took aim and fired. Again, the shot missed.
"Son of a bitch" she cried before begining to reload. "Calm down, Dawkins." she said to no one but herself, "Slow deep breaths and clean trigger pulls."
Into her radio she asked, "What is our status down there? These bastards are not getting any happier and are getting much, much closer. In a few moments they will be at the warehouses and then to the chopper and the tower and we have not properly fueled the chopper."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: Just like the last time Dawkins reloaded, she would like to scan the area around the wareshouse where the prisoners are, as well as where the two female prisoners are. I'm going to assume that his is okay so I will go ahead and roll. If it is not okay, the just disregard the roll I post here)
While feeding frech rounds into the magazine of her rifle, Dawkins scans the area around the warehouse as well as the where the female prisoners are at the base of the tower to make sure none have made a break for it. Dawkins is acutely aware of her surroundings.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The Spot Hidden roll is fine, and it's okay that the Listen roll link wasn't there.)

On the tower roof-
"Corporal, how are the things?" asked Flynn on the radio just after Dawkins spoke.

"Sarge, are you able to see me somehow cause I am wanting to speak to you person to person please," said Alvarez.

"I'm further up the stairwell, Alvarez," replied Gardner. "I couldn't see you, but I did manage to hear you over that deafening alarm. No time to talk now, but I'll see you after the enemy is dealt with and you've brought back the fuel. New plan: when you get down to the first floor, go out the back door, back up Flynn, and shoot those things before they arrive. I'm bringing our guests up to the roof so I can fire too. I think we can stop the infected before they do too much damage. The first barrel should be more than halfway loaded by now. If we have to we can take off without the second one, but we wouldn't have enough range to get all the way to Warren AFB."

As Dawkins reloaded, she saw that Flynn remained at his post and the warehouse doors had not budged. Neither had the two female scientists standing to the west of the tower. However, she caught sight of a Nebraska State Police cruiser moving south from the direction of the large hangar towards the tower. Sergeant Diane Ford was behind the wheel, Trooper Rick Brenner was riding in the shotgun seat, and Dr. Bernard Smith and Lucy Armstrong the mechanic were in the back seat. The car was only twenty yards from the base of the tower, after which point it would be out of her line of sight.

(You have one chance to shoot in the remainder of this round. There are five zombies left moving at full speed, and you will only have time for four shots in all before they reach the warehouses. The wounded one is still a ways off. This means that it is now impossible to hit all of them before they arrive, but if you're lucky you can get all but one.

You may use this shot to target a zombie, as normal. Alternatively, you may fire at the cruiser. If you do, you may target one of the people in the car - probably the driver would be most effective - or you may shoot at the tires or the engine block. Any of these shots will be at a -5% penalty. You may also try to shoot at the fuel tank, though this will have a -25% penalty. Diane will get a chance to see you if you aim at the car or anyone in it, and if she does she will get a Drive Auto roll as a "Dodge" to try to throw off your aim even if you do score a hit.

You are also free to speak on the radio while all this is going on, of course.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We've got a police cruiser inbound! 20 yards from the tower. It's full of armed folks from the hanger and I am guessing they are not coming over for lunch."
Not wanting to choose sides in the confrontation that was surely about to break out, Dawkins took aim and fired. The hit the infected cleanly in the center of it's head, reducing it to nothing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
On the radio, Alvarez sighed and said: ""Yes sir. I am going to go get that second barrel of fuel now."

Finally, Gardner replied: "You've got to stop them, Alvarez! Hold them off!"

The wounded hostile was still half a mile away, but the four remaining fast-movers were very close now, only a hundred yards from the warehouses. Dawkins could now see them clearly, and the sight was very disturbing. One of them had a knife sticking out of its chest, yet that did not hamper its movement in the slightest. Blood dripped from the mouth of another. A third had had large chunks of flesh torn from its side - apparently by human teeth.

(Dawkins, roll Sanity. The Sanity loss is 0/1d10, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed. If you fail, you will lose 1d10 points. In the event you lose 5 or more, you might go temporarily insane. If that happens, roll Idea. You want to fail that roll, because if it succeeds then you will go insane. As long as you remain sane, you may take your three shots. If you go nuts, I'll let you know what happens.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

The true horror of the torn and decaying bodies racing towards her reared up and crashed down on Dawkins like a terrible, cresting wave. However, the terror washed over her quickly and then ebbed back into the dark place where it had come. Dawkins set her jaw in defiance and took aim once again.
While she had held herself together mentally, she fell apart physically. Her trigger finger shook visibly as she stared through her scope at the running corpse with knife jutting from it's chest. They way it bounded up and down as it ran sickened her. She pulled the trigger once. Twice. Both shots missed their mark. Finally, the third shot struck home, but barely. The round spun the corpse like a top and then it tumbled to the dirt. It lay still for a moment, then slowly it began to rise. The shot was not enough to kill the damn thing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the tower roof-
The creature that Dawkins had wounded crawled onwards, though at a much slower pace. The three unharmed ones reached the warehouses and ran through the alley between the two southernmost buildings, making a beeline for the tower. The crawler was close to the warehouses, but lagging well behind.

(Dawkins, you have enough time to fire only one more shot before they reach the tower. You also have only one bullet left in your rifle. If you were to reload now, you'd miss your chance to shoot. Also, roll Spot Hidden.

Stephanie Bridges and Dr. Hausmann have moved to this thread, near the bottom of page 3: The Hangar.

Dawkins remains in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

With one shot remaiming in the magazine of her M24, Dawkins took aim at the leading infected sprinting towards the tower. She would only get one shot before they made it to the tower. She couldn't take them all out, but perhaps she could trip up the trailing two beasts if she took down the leading runner.
She took aim at it's head, and fired. The crack of the rifle shot was immediatly followed by her targets head snapping back under the inpact of the round. It's head exploded and it tumbled to the ground in a flailing heap of arms, legs, and gore.
(OOC: Is there a chance that the sudden obstical in the path of the other two infected as they run down the narrow alley could cause them to trip and slow them down?)
"Look alive down there Alvarez, and Flynn. You've got two fast infected inbound and headed for the tower door just behind those civies that ran in there. I need to reload and they'll be there before I am able to fire again."
While reloading her magazine, Dawkins scans the area around the tower, the adrenaline coursing through her blood making her acutely aware of her suroundings.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(No, the other zombies aren't going to trip over the one you just killed. The alley wasn't all that narrow, and they were well past that by the time you got to fire anyway. After chambering the last round and aiming they were only ten yards from the tower, and you were lucky to have a chance to shoot at all. There is no time to reload yet, so that will have to come next round.

Roll Listen at half skill again, with an additional -5% penalty from your helmet.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

(OOC: I knew it was a long shot, but shot of a grenade, it was the only thing I could think of to slow them down :) )
Despite being visually aware of her surroundings, the ringing of the fire alarm made Dawkins to an noises around her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(A grenade might have worked, if the zombies had taken enough damage to their legs to slow them down or you got lucky with a head hit. The problem is that you can't specifically target the head, and it's possible that none of the zombies would have even been slowed down.)

On the tower roof-
The two remaining creatures continued their run towards the tower and quickly passed out of Dawkins's field of vision. When she finished shooting, she noticed that the doors to Warehouse 1 were wide open. There was no sign of Flynn or the men who had been inside.

(Dawkins is moving to this thread: Tower of Terror. You may read the earlier posts in that thread, but you are not required to.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”