IC-OVER-On the Ground(Helicopter group/Flynn/Alvarez)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OVER-On the Ground(Helicopter group/Flynn/Alvarez)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvarex pulled out of his pocket a picture of his girlfriend and said to Bo, "See this pretty young thing is who I want to get back to. What do you think about her. Ain't she purty?" While he was doing this he had managed to move in front of Bo to get his attention.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by SuAside »

Bob tips over the barrel and rolls it outside, intending to let the three men outside actually load the barrel. While they do that, he'll go fetch another.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Persuade has a base skill of 15%, not 25%, but it was a bad failure either way.)

Outside Warehouse 1-
Bo took the barrel from Bob and loaded it onto the flatbed truck while Bob went back inside. He glared at Alvarez with deepening suspicion. "Why are you so keen for me to go inside the warehouse anyway? And would you care to explain why I heard the helicopter's engine start up and then shut down just now?" He kept his shotgun ready, but did not point it directly at anyone.

In Warehouse 1-
Bob made his way back inside the warehouse to fetch the second barrel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez said, "Listen boy. Flynn and I just recievied communication from our commander. He has captured the girls at the chopper. Now this could go easy or it could go hard. The easy way is for you to walk your butt inside the warhouse. If you do not, well Gardner will kill one of the girls and also Dawkins has your head in her crosshairs and she will kill you too. So boy, what are you going to do?" He then pointed his M-4 at Bo's mid section and said, "Flynn cover me please."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside Warehouse 1-
"Son of a bitch!" growled Bo. He looked up at the roof of the tower and saw that the sniper indeed had his head in her sights. "You assholes don't understand what you're doing! Those women are the only hope this world has left. You may think you're going to save your lives by stealing our helicopter, but you're only dooming yourselves. Unless they get to Omaha, everyone is done for. It won't matter what you do or where you go. And if anything, anything happens to any of the women, there won't be a place on Earth where you'll be safe from me either." I can't take a chance on Stephanie or the others dying, thought Bo, and I won't be able to do them any good if I'm dead. He stepped backwards carefully into the warehouse, breathing a little easier once he was sure he was out of the sniper's line of sight. "Please, think about what you're doing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"Have mercy on them Lord, for they know not what they do..." Bob mumbles loudly as he stands in the doorway, with both guns drawn (the Beretta aimed at the fuel barrel and the 1911 aimed at Flynn)

"How exactly is your sniper buddy going to kill two people at once?" He says "You're mouthing off pretty badly for someone standing next to a rig loaded with a vat of aviation fuel, son. At least me or Bo will live long enough to shoot that nice barrel. I figure we've got about 80% chance of igniting it and all of us with it, if it comes to it. In short, you picked the wrong people to gamble with."

"Considering that your buddy here is perhaps the only thing close to resembling a pilot you have on hand, it would perhaps buy the remainder of our group something to bargain with, don't you think? I figure that'd give the remained of our group the time to talk some sense into you national guard fellows..." He says to Alvarez, while pointing one of his guns at Flynn.

"As for you doubting my word on this, I'm dead confident that the scientists that are traveling with us carry information of vital importance to stopping these living dead. So yes, I'd be willing to give up my life for this -and burn with the two of you- simply because this means my family might have a tiny bit more chance of surviving this Hell if our scientists make it through to Omaha." Bob explains "You should also know we're not quite intimidated by a bunch of weekend warriors as we just squared off with a whole detachment of USAF Security Forces that tried the same gambit as you did, and failed miserably."

"They had snipers too, of which was one armed with an M82 .50cal. And they had several SAW support weapons and a shitload of underslung grenade launchers. Now, we got them to a stalemate and they let us go, after a whole bunch of them kicked the bucket due to being focused on a goddamn chopper instead of covering their ass from the threat at hand." He goes on casually "With the death of their commanding officer, appearantly someone with more brains got in power and recognised that we had potentially the only information that could save their lives in the long run and that we had to get to Omaha."

"So, either you remember the goddamn oath you swore when you enlisted and help us try to save what remains of our countrymen by convincing your C.O. that he's making the same goddamn mistake as the USAF. Or we square off, here and now, go out in a blaze of sheer uselessness, rather than the blaze of glory you probably always invisioned."

"I'll shoot the barrel and the stickjockey first, for good measure." He says with a grin "I've always been a sucker for pyrotechnics."

"It's been a pleasure serving with you, Bo." He adds with a nod to his friend.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(First of all if it comes to a fight who would get to fire first and second of all how would Bo or Bob know all about the firefight on the hotel balcony and everyone's death when thier characters had left already?) Can you please answer me these questions Mr. Handy then I will post my characters reaction?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(If it comes to a gunfight, whoever decides to fire first gets the first shot. After that, everyone else goes in descending Dex order. Flynn has 17 Dex, so he'd go first. Then Bo and Bob go, since they both have 13 Dex. Alvarez goes last at 9 Dex. After everyone has taken their first shot, those using pistols that fire twice per round get their second shots, also in descending Dex order. Normally Dawkins would go first, since she has 18 Dex, but she can't see Bo or Bob while they're standing inside the warehouse.

Bo and Bob don't know about the shootout at the motel. They do know that McCain removed Captain Lereux from command. I think Bob is simply lying by saying Lereux and others were killed. He exaggerated about the number of SAW gunners as well - there were only two, and one died shortly after the USAF arrived. Likewise, there were only two M203 grenade launchers. Of course, Flynn and Alvarez have no way of knowing this.)

In Warehouse 1-
"Likewise," said Bo, aiming his shotgun at the barrel of jet fuel on the back of the truck. "I suggest you two listen to reason. Then we can all get out of this alive and save the world to boot. What do you say?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(Bo is inside the warehouse now but Bob is still outside I think pointing his gun at Flynn and the avation fuel so Dawkins can still take the shot there. Am I right? or am I misreading the posts cause it sounds like to me that Bob stated he was standing outside.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Bob was inside the warehouse before. He moved towards the entrance, but he's still slightly inside, along with Bo. That's why the sniper can't get a bead on them. Also note that I edited a line of speech in for Bo in the post above, so you may want to read that.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez said, "Listen, frankly I am a weekend warrior like you said. I am studying to be a doctor and I have a girlfriend back at home. I do not know what Flynn will do but if I could get a ride on that helicopter so that I can live to see my girl in Omaha then I will help you take back the chopper. What do you say?" He still kept his M-4 aimed at Bob however just in case.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You have a deal," said Bo. "You made the right call. If you help us, I'll give you my seat on the chopper and you can go with the others to Omaha. You have my word. With your aid we can do this. You and Flynn can get close to Gardner and that sniper without arousing suspicion. If we tried to approach directly, she'd just shoot us, and it would also put the women at risk. If you pretend to lock us in but leave the door unlocked, she won't suspect anything different and we can slip out when she's not looking. We'll close it most of the way from the inside but leave it open a little so we can still see and shoot out." He looked to Flynn. "Are you on board too?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"We'll need more than that, Bo... If you let them go, we loose our bargaining power." Bob warns "How do we even know if he even has a girlfriend at all?"

"But even if this is true, there is no guarantee we'll be able to refuel and get off the ground with our crew..." he muses "Though I hope you understand, as a doctor, that this undead threat will not be vanquished by firepower, but by science. So it is in your best interest to help us."

"Why does your C.O. want the chopper?" he asks to Alvarez, but is still not letting his guns down.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez said, "well first of all my CO wants the chopper to get his men which includes me and Flynn the hell off this base and to someplace safer. Second of all as I was showing you here is a picture of me and my girlfriend and third of all I think that the best way to go about this is have one of you stay here like you said with the door looking like it is closed and locked. The other one can come with us in the truck with the fuel and I can say that you wanted to be with the girls when you found out that the shit had hit the fan. Then when Gardner lets his guard down we can get the drop on him. What do you say, do you like that plan?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's risky," said Bo. "If they see one of us carrying weapons they'll know something's up, and even bringing one of us back would raise their suspicions - I don't think Gardner will like it one bit. What if Flynn were to stay here while you went back with the truck? He could say he thought he detected something moving near the warehouse and wanted to stay here to check it out. That way we'll have a guarantee that you won't double-cross us. It's dangerous sending you alone against two people - those aren't any more, right? - but you'll have surprise on your side. If you can deal with the sniper first, or at least distract her attention, then the three of us could run for the tower at that point. I have a girl, too. I only met her today, but I'm willing to die to protect her. She's one of the women Gardner is holding hostage, and she's as brilliant as she is beautiful. Flynn, what do you think? Are you in?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez said, "Whats the matter, don't you trust me? I will tell you what, I will give you my M-4 for now and get it back later."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Gardner would wonder where it's gone," said Bo. "We can't take a chance on making him suspicious, or he might harm the girls. Besides, you might end up needing it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez paused for a minute to think things through. He tried to come up with some idea of what to do now. His mind brightned with an excellent idea of how to keep both Bob and Bo happy as well as Gardner. He walked up to Bo and Bob and said, "Listen, the longer we take to decide what to do, the harder it is going to be to fool Cpl Gardner. He is not stupid. So I suggest we do it this way. You both walk into that warehouse right now. I will pretend to lock the doors but kept them unchained. Then I will get on the radio and distract Dawkins by saying I see something in the distance in another direction making her look away. Flynn and I will head back to the chopper in the truck, and you can then make a run for it and meet us there. What do you say?" He then stared at Flynn trying hard to read him and figure out where he would stand and if he would go along with this plan especailly since he had not been offered a seat on the plane. However the situation was too fluid to get a good read and he just had to take his best guess.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Seems a good plan. But we must be quick, or the captain may be suspicious.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, i had a busy weekend.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvarez said, "Well then lets go." He gestered largely with his M-4 toward the warehouse doors so that Dawkins would see it through her sight and it would look like the civilians were being locked up.

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”