IC-OVER-On the Ground(Helicopter group/Flynn/Alvarez)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-OVER-On the Ground(Helicopter group/Flynn/Alvarez)

Post by Mr. Handy »

(No problem, kabukiman. By the way, Gardner is just a corporal, not a captain.)
At Warehouse 1-
Bo slid the warehouse doors most of the way shut while Bob kept his eyes on the two National Guardsman. Flynn stood outside the doors and looped the chain through the handles for the sake of appearance, though he left the lock off. Alvarez got in the cab of the truck and drove it back to the helipad.

(Julio Alvarez is moving to this thread: Prisoners. Mr Zombie killer, you should stop reading this thread at this point.

Everyone else remains in the current thread.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Sorry for the mistake.

Flynn makes a happy look, just in case he is seen by Gardner or anyone else.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Don't worry about it.)
At Warehouse 1-
Bo watched the sniper carefully through the opening in the doors. "She just turned to look the other way," he reported. "I'm not sure how long it'll be before she turns back."

"This is Gardner," came the corporal's voice over Flynn's radio. "We're fueling up the chopper now, and we'll be taking off in approximately twenty minutes. Dawkins, keep your eyes to the east."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-20 minutes? Ok, any other instruction?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At Warehouse 1-
"Roger that," Dawkins replied over the radio. "You expecting trouble from the warehouse, sir?"

Gardner spoke over the airwaves next: "Quite possibly, Dawkins. Can't be too careful. Flynn, I've sent Alvarez over to Warehouse 2 to get another barrel of fuel and lock up a couple of the girls. Go over and help him when he gets there."

"Sniper's looking this way again," said Bo as he watched Dawkins through the narrow opening in the doors.

(Everyone roll Listen.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by SuAside »

Bob is still very ill at ease at how things are going, and tries to find anything helpful lying around. Something that could make a smokescreen if needed for instance, while not being an outrageous fire hazard.

OCC: Listen (1d100=65)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn doesn't hear anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At Warehouse 1-
Dawkins spoke over the radio: "We've got nine infected inbound! Moving from the east to our position. Distance is approximately one mile and closing quickly. I have a clear line of fire, but it's a long shot. Please advise."

"Your call, Dawkins," replied Gardner. "You may fire when ready. Alvarez and Flynn, since you're heading out to the warehouses anyway, once you're done at Warehouse 2 I want you both to head to the east side of the warehouses if there are any left and shoot the infected as they come. If they get too close, fall back to the truck and use it to lead them away so Dawkins can safely kill them."

"Roger that, sir," said Dawkins. "I estimate we have about 6 minutes before these rotbags reach the tower. I'll try and slow them down, but I suggest we get this bird fueled up and airborne as fast as we can. With all due respect, I don't think we have time to dilly dally in the tower, sir." A rifle shot rang out from the tower's roof, followed by another shortly afterwards.

"Her rifle barrel is almost horizontal," said Bo as he continued to watch the sniper. "Whatever she's shooting at must be pretty far away. Still, she could stop at any second and look down here again, so maybe we shouldn't make a run for the tower just yet."

Alvarez came on the radio next: "Dawkins, I am taking the girls with me. I need to go get some more ammo inside the tower. I will leave them outside the tower in your sightline. Shoot to wound if they try to run."

"Did you hear that?" Bo asked Bob. "Sounds like a car. It's coming from the north, slowly. Now it's stopping, right behind this warehouse."

Suddenly, a fire alarm began to ring. It was coming from the tower.

(Everyone roll Spot Hidden and Listen. Flynn, remember that your helmet gives you a -5% penalty to both rolls.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn sees well but doesn't hear anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At warehouse 1-
As more rifle shots rang out from the tower roof, Bob heard a woman's voice coming from behind the warehouse: "I see eight infected people about a mile east and closing fast! There's also a dead one a ways back." She paused. "Damn that sniper's good to be hitting them from this far out. She fired five shots so far, killing three and wounding a fourth! There's only six left, and one is lagging behind. At this rate there won't be any left to keep her distracted long. If we're going to rush the tower it's now or never. We've got less ground to cover from here, but she could see us if she looks down. Alternatively I could drive us back to the hangar and we can come at the tower from the north, but she might finish shooting before we reach it."

"What the fuck is going on down there?" Flynn heard Dawkins bark over the radio. "Do we have a fire in the tower? Cause it really doesn't make my job any easier to have my firing platform burning under me. I've taken 3 targets down and injured another, but we still have 5 very pissed off corpses closing on us rapidly."

Bob thought he saw movement coming from the fire escape on the east side of the tower, but he couldn't be sure. Harry Flynn got a better view, however. The door to the fire escape on the second floor opened briefly, and he saw Kathryn McCoy standing in the doorframe. She was carrying a fire extinguisher and a laptop computer, and her blouse was unbuttoned. She looked around and seemed to see him, then ducked back inside and let the door close.

Gardner spoke on the radio next: "Sounds like Kathryn is trying to fly the coop. I'm on my way to check the fire escape now. Flynn, let me know if you see her from your position. Alvarez, cover the stairs to make sure she doesn't get out that way. Take her alive if you can."

Then Flynn saw the door to the fire escape on the fourth floor open. Gardner was visible on the other side, standing behind the female helicopter pilot with his pistol in one hand. She had on an olive green tank top, but was no longer wearing her flight helmet or jacket. Her arms were behind her back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok,i heard you.
Flynn then tells to Bo and Bod the instructions he received.
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple

Post by SuAside »

"And so more players enter the game..." Bob remarks.

"While this could turn out to our advantage, this could also totally screw up our plan." he says "Do we try to use this or do we try to make contact with those behind?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At Warehouse 1-
Flynn saw Gardner pull Erica back inside the tower and let the fire escape door swing shut.

"Fire escape was clear," Gardner reported on the radio. "Alvarez, guard the stairs at the second floor landing and make sure she doesn't get past you." He paused. "Ah, good, you've found her, Alvarez! Bring her upstairs so she can shut off that goddamn fire alarm."

"We definitely need to coordinate with these folks," said Bo. "If we don't work together, people will get killed. That sniper looked down at the warehouse while she reloaded, so I wouldn't try to make a break for it. Alvarez hasn't done his job yet - if he even intends to. I'll head to the back of the warehouse and call out to-" He was interrupted by the sound of the car pulling out and speeding away to the north.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Just hope that Alvarez makes his job quickly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At Warehouse 1-
"Well, maybe Alvarez is responsible for that fire alarm," said Bo, "but that sniper is still shooting at the creatures to the east for now. If she takes them all out, she may look in another direction. The problem is, if she can't get them all, they'll be able to attack us. We're going to have to make a break for it sooner or later."

Flynn heard Gardner's voice on the radio again: "Nice work, Alvarez, I've got her. Go back down and take the other girls to the warehouse. The sooner you get that second barrel, the sooner we can get out of here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Corporal, how are the things?-He says to the radio.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At Warehouse 1-
"What is our status down there?" asked Dawkins over the radio just as Flynn was about to speak. "These bastards are not getting any happier and are getting much, much closer. In a few moments they will be at the warehouses and then to the chopper and the tower and we have not properly fueled the chopper."

"Sarge, are you able to see me somehow cause I am wanting to speak to you person to person please," said Alvarez next.

"I'm further up the stairwell, Alvarez," replied Gardner. "I couldn't see you, but I did manage to hear you over that deafening alarm. No time to talk now, but I'll see you after the enemy is dealt with and you've brought back the fuel. New plan: when you get down to the first floor, go out the back door, back up Flynn, and shoot those things before they arrive. I'm bringing our guests up to the roof so I can fire too. I think we can stop the infected before they do too much damage. The first barrel should be more than halfway loaded by now. If we have to we can take off without the second one, but we wouldn't have enough range to get all the way to Warren AFB."

From where Harry Flynn stood, he saw a police cruiser with Nebraska State Police markings emerge from the west side of the big hangar north of the tower. It sped south towards the tower. In a few seconds it would arrive at the base of the tower and the building would block his line of sight.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn explains that to Bo and Bob.
-Maybe it's ou chance now!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At Warehouse 1-
The police car vanished behind the tower on the west side.

"Okay, let's go for it!" said Bo. He unwrapped the chain from around the handles and pulled the doors open. "Come on, Bob!" He followed Flynn across the open ground towards the tower.

As they ran, Flynn heard Dawkins speak on the radio: "We've got a police cruiser inbound! 20 yards from the tower. It's full of armed folks from the hangar and I am guessing they are not coming over for lunch."

At about the same time Alvarez sighed and said: ""Yes sir. I am going to go get that second barrel of fuel now."

Finally, Gardner replied: "You've got to stop them, Alvarez! Hold them off!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”