IC-UNDER-Down the Hatch(Hockey/Willie/Kimberly/Kerry/etc)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-UNDER-Down the Hatch(Hockey/Willie/Kimberly/Kerry/etc)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 12:18 PM Mountain Time - Deep Mole One
In the lower hatch chamber-
The lift reached the bottom of the shaft. Kerry Pierce helped Kimberly off of it, then pushed the button to send it back up for the others. The two women hobbled down the short hall that led to the meeting room.

In the meeting room-
Kerry led Kimberly into the room. The other women gasped when they saw the wounded federal agent.

"What happened?" asked Lynne.

"I was bitten again," said Kimberly. "And shot."

"Shot?!" cried Mrs. Foo.

"It was an accident. One of Michael's bullets went astray, but the other ones he fired saved my life."

"Bring her over here," said Ellen Cody, starting to clean off the table. Mrs. Foo assisted her. "I'll see what I can do to help."

Kerry nodded and helped Kimberly across the room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-UNDER-Down the Hatch(Lynne/Mrs. Foo/Ellen/Kimberly/Kerry)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
Once the table was cleaned off, Ellen and Kerry helped Kimberly lie down on it. Ellen took out her first aid kit and expertly removed the 9mm slug, then cleaned and bandaged the wound, but her leg was still badly damaged. Kimberly tried to treat her own bite, though without much success, and Kerry couldn't help much either. Mrs. Foo made an effort too, but it was also a failed one. Lynne tried to assist, but did more harm than good.

Kimberly groaned in pain. "Let me see if I can help with that too," said Ellen, "but I think we're going to need to wait for Sally to do this properly." She disinfected and stitched up the bite very well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-UNDER-Down the Hatch(Lynne/Mrs. Foo/Ellen/Kimberly/Kerry)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
Kimberly got up from the table and began slowly walking around the room, limping a little but managing to get by. "Hope everyone's all right up there," she said. "They should be here in a few minutes."

"We haven't heard back from Mr. Foo and the others yet, either," said Ellen. "We haven't heard any more shots down there, at least, so that's a good sign."

Kimberly nodded. "If there aren't any more of those things down there and the way is clear, we'll be able to get out through the tunnels.

Kerry shook her head madly. "I'm not going back down there!" she said, her voice quavering. "There are more of those things, I'm sure of it! And...and worse..."

"Yeah, I'm not eager to go through them myself," said Lynne. "I wouldn't go very fast with my bum leg anyway."

"What else can we do?" asked Mrs. Foo. "Stay here?"

"Why not?" asked Kerry.

"Well, we don't have food and water for starters," said Kimberly. "If they lose the battle upstairs, we won't be able to go back that way."

"Maybe they'll win after all. Or maybe the other survivors up there will come down, finish those creatures off, and rescue us."

"Yeah, right," said Lynne. "What other survivors? You think they're in any better shape up on the surface? Face it, we're screwed either way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-UNDER-Down the Hatch(Hockey/Willie/Kimberly/Kerry/etc)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lower hatch chamber-
The lift reached the bottom of the shaft some 30 feet below. A ladder led up from the floor of this room through a hole in the ceiling and up the shaft all the way to the top. Hockey stepped off the lift, carrying Willie over one shoulder. He pressed the button to send the lift back up and then walked across the tiled floor, which had "Welcome - DEEP MOLE ONE" clearly marked on the tiles. A sign was posted listing the positions and names of the staff, and graffiti was scrawled on many of the tiles. A short hall led to the meeting room, where he could see five women gathered around a large, messy table. He hurried through the hall and into the room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
"What happened to him?" asked Kimberly.

Hockey laid Willie down on the table. "He took a stray bullet, ma'am," he said, "but we managed to save him from the hostiles. I also brought down that 9-Volt battery someone down here wanted."

"Let me see what I can do for him," said Ellen Cody. She clicked her tongue as she examined the wound. "That bullet's in pretty deep. Maybe I ought to wait for Sally. How are things going up there?"

"Not well, ma'am. I think we're stuck down here."

"Maybe I can help," said Kimberly, hobbling over to the table and trying to help out. She shook her head. "Doesn't look like I can do much either."

Mrs. Foo gave it a look too. "Don't look at me," she said. "Ancient Chinese folk medicine I know a little, but I leave bullet wounds to my husband."

"I could give it a try," said Kerry. She managed to remove the 9mm slug and did a passable job sewing up the wound.

Willie awoke with a start. "Oh, man, that hurts like the devil," he mumbled. "I hate getting shot. What happened? Where am I? Last I remembered, I was about to get eaten."

"Downstairs, sir," said Hockey. "Michael Walters killed the creature that was on you, but one of his shots wounded you and knocked you out. I brought you down the hatch. You also took a bad hit when you fell through the roof." Hockey patched up his other injury fully.

"Well, thanks again, young man. That's two I owe ya."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
"Here's the battery that they told me to bring down," said Hockey. He took the 9-Volt from his pocket and held it out.

"I'll go bring it to the others," said Ellen. "None of us should get too close - they said they've been contaminated with something. There's also that thing they killed. It's an awful sight, and you probably don't want to look at it if you don't have to. Whatever you do, you sure don't want to touch it!" She took the battery and walked through the door to the living quarters. "I'll be right back!"

"Oh, don't say that," said Lynne. "That's the worst thing someone could say in a horror movie."

Willie sat up and dangled his legs experimentally over the edge of the table. "So, when does that nurse get here?" he asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
"Sally?" asked Kimberly. "I guess she'll come down when the others do."

"She was fine when I left them," said Hockey.

"That's a relief," said Willie, "and not just because I need her help. She seems like a real nice kid."

In the living quarters-
Ellen walked back down the hall past the eight cubicles and through the doorway at the far end that led to the upper hallway where the creature lay.

In the upper lab hallway-
Ellen entered the room, stopping when she saw the thing's remains. They were slowly dissolving into black sludge. About one-fifth of it had already melted, and the puddle of goo stretched all the way between the left and right sides of the hall. The project manager's office door was on the left side a little beyond it, and at the very end of the hall were the stairs leading down. Nobody was in sight.

Ellen wrinkled her nose in disgust when she saw the horrible creature again. "You guys back here?" she called. "Mr. Foo? I've got the battery!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
"Sally is nice," said Kimberly. "I hope she makes it out."

"Yes, Missy Sally very nice," agreed Mrs. Foo.

"They should be coming any minute now," said Hockey.

"Unless they got eaten," said Lynne, her head lowered.

"Don't be so glum," said Willie. "I'm sure they're okay."

"Maybe they even won," said Kerry, her voice filled with hope. "Maybe they killed them all and we can get out of this hellhole."

"Don't count on it," grumbled Lynne.

In the upper lab hallway-
Max emerged from the stairs below at high speed, apparently terrified of something.

"Max!" called Ellen. "Hey, boy! Where are Jenny, Mr. Foo, and the others? I've got something for them." She showed him the battery. "Can you go get them?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
Everyone in the room heard the sound of the lift coming down. "See, there they are," said Kerry.

Then the sound of hatch slamming shut echoed down from above. "Well, now we're really hosed," muttered Lynne.

(Everyone is moving to this thread: Trapped)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”