IC-THRU-Aftermath(Chapter 1 and 2 characters except Luke)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-THRU-Aftermath(Chapter 1 and 2 characters except Luke)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sheen kept his sight on the Lt. He said, "Sir what do you want to do? Should I fire just in case?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

"No not yet the last thing we want to do is kill him when he's only unconsieus."
A robot will guard its own existence with lethal antipersonnel weaponry, because a robot is bloody expensive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel roof-
Sam Black watched the airman a hundred yards northwest of the chopper. He slowly sat up and looked around, then pulled himself to his feet and stumbled southeast, towards the wreckage.

Bobby Sheen saw a motorcycle roll through the grass and stop between the lieutenant and the ruined chopper. A man and a young woman in leather jackets rode it. The woman climbed off and knelt over the lieutenant. A moment later, he began to stir.

(Each of you roll Spot Hidden to see more details, remembering the -5% penalty.)

On the motel balcony-
Duran followed Phillips down the ladder to the parking area below.

The group of vehicles crossed the parking lot, and most of them parked in the northwest corner, nearest the wreckage. Five Harleys stopped there, along with the blue Ford F150, the maroon Dodge Ram, a gray Chevy S10 with a horse trailer hitched to the back, and a white Outlander. The bikers began to dismount, another one got out of the F150, and a middle-aged man in ordinary clothes stepped out of the SUV. A sixth Harley, this one with a man and a young woman riding it, continued into the grass and stopped right near the wrecked chopper.

Wallace saw the woman climb off the bike and kneel over the lieutenant. A moment later, he began to stir.

(Everyone roll Spot Hidden if you want to see more details in the grass, and roll Listen if you want to try to hear what's going on down there. Remember the -5% penalty to each if you are wearing a helmet.)

West of the motel-
Phllips began to limp across the parking lot, towards the vehicles and the helicopter beyond them. Duran reached the bottom of the ladder and began to follow.

In the comm room-
"Any updates on the situation with the helicopter?" asked Carmichael.

On the dirt road-
Baldwin climbed back into his truck through the still open door. Though he wouldn't be able to drive it with the two punctured tires, he did find what he was looking for: a basic first aid kit. He managed to stop the bleeding and sewed up his wound fairly well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

(ooc: Will black have enought time to fire two shots or one?)

On The Roof of the Motel-

To foucesd on his target Black notices nothing.

In the Comm Room-

"Negative sir we are getting already bitten personal to volenter to investegate."
A robot will guard its own existence with lethal antipersonnel weaponry, because a robot is bloody expensive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(OOC: Black may fire one shot, with a -5% penalty if he aims at the head. The airman is wearing a helmet, which will reduce the damage by 5. The Barrett normally does 2d10+1d8+4, so it would do 2d10+1d8-1 instead.)

In the comm room-
"Keep me posted," replied Carmichael. "How many people have you got left, and how many have been bitten? I trust you're not letting anyone who's been bitten on the upper level."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Bobby Sheen peered into the grass through his scope. He thought maybe he saw something but it turned out to be nothing but blowing grass. He also stopped to listen to see what the motocycle gang was saying down there. However the wind was blowing against him and he could not hear a thing. "Sir do you wish me to try and keep my sight on the LT even though I may hit the civilians in the way?"
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof of the Motel-
"Negative fire at the ground beside the airman I'm aiming at if he doesn't react I'll put a round through his skull."

In the Comm Room-
"I'll get that information asap and relocate the infected." He turns to Igor " Take a count of all infected and injuerd and then tell me."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Sir, do you wish me to fire at the ground now?" Bobby Sheen asked.
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

"Yes."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Bobby Sheen shifted his aim to the ground beside the airman and fired one shot from his M24. Since he was such a great shot, he managed to hit the ground. "There you go sir, waste of a bullet if you ask me however."
Last edited by Mr Zombie killer on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by OathinBlood »

Igor stood by, analyzing where he was needed and what he should do.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel's roof-
Sheen's excellent shot hit the dirt right in front of the airman's feet without touching the man at all. Oddly, the airman didn't even seem to notice and continued to trudge slowly through the grass towards the wreckage. He was about 85 yards away at this point.

(Bobby Sheen, you actually have a rifle skill of 82%, not 61%. You may not fire again this round, as the M-24 can only be fired every other round. Sam Black, you may fire if you wish, under the same conditions as before.)

Northwest of the motel-
One of the men in leather jackets ran off into the grass towards the wreckage. "Thanks, I'll be careful," he said, blowing a kiss to the woman in the passenger seat of his truck.

Phillips reached the vehicles in the parking lot as Duran limped across the parking area to catch up. He approached the new arrivals. "I'm Airman Steve Phillips," he managed, out of breath. "This is Senior Airman Carlos Duran behind me." He pointed him out. "Keep your distance, this is dangerous."

The old biker with the gray beard nodded to him respectfully. "I'm Clarence Deeds," he said. "U.S. Marine Recon, retired. My boys and I are no strangers to danger, and it looks like you can use our help."

More gunfire erupted from within the helicopter.

On the motel balcony-
Wallace saw the woman help the lieutenant to his feet. He spoke to the man in the leather jacket and then both men ran to the chopper and vanished behind the curtain of smoke. Another man in a leather jacket who looked similar to the first one ran into the grass from the parking area and reached the woman. He unslung a rifle and continued towards the chopper.

In the comm room-
Malanowski knew that Phillips and Duran had both been bitten, but wasn't sure if anyone else had. Captain Maurice Lereux and Lt. Elizabeth Malone both lay dead on the floor, the latter having been shot dead by the former. The captain had been slain by Airman Alexendria Mikhalin. She had a wounded arm. He of all people ought to know, as he had shot her. The bodies would need to be removed from the premises after anything of value was salvaged from them.

Out on the balcony were several corpses: Sergeant McCain, Airman Thayer, Airman Lewis, and three civilians. Another of the civlians had been wounded but had run away. Airman Justin Hockey was MIA, having deserted his post when the dead attacked the motel several minutes before the infighting started. His last radio contact had stated he was going into the secret facility under the diner to help the civilians, but that had been over ten minutes ago and there had been nothing from him since.

Northeast of the motel-
Baldwin got back out of his truck and looked over the damage. "Damn fool shot my tires out," he muttered. "Coulda killed me. I ever find the bastard who did that..." He doubled over in pain from his wound. "Gotta get back to the motel." He moved southwest as quickly as his wounds would allow, heading for the ladders.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-
Black fires but the distraction causes him to miss.
"Shit."
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by wimrock »

David, wanders off to follow Alexandria, curious about her Russian good looks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the motel's roof-
The airman appeared not to notice at all the .50 round that came close to taking his head off. He continued his slog towards the ruined helicopter, and was now just over 75 yards away.

(Black and Sheen, each of you may fire again this round.)

Northwest of the motel-
One of the new arrivals who had the look of a cowboy tipped his hat to Phillips and Duran. "Was that there your boys' rescue party in that downed chopper?" he asked. "Guess we can all kiss goodbye to a lift outta this shitstorm now."

Duran jogged up to join his comrade and nodded to the cowboy. "They're reinforcements sent here to help us, sir, not to evacuate us," he said. "Now we've got to help them."

"My boys are already helping get the wounded out of the wreckage," said Clarence. "You can count on them. We all have to work together if we're going to get through this."

Phillips jogged off into the grass towards the wreckage. Duran followed him. "Thank you, sir," he called back. "I just hope they watch out for the dead!"

"The dead?" asked an aging female biker with gray hair. "You mean those things...are dead?"

On the motel balcony-
Wallace watched as the second man in leather reached the chopper and stepped inside through the smoke. David left his side and entered the comm room.

In the comm room-
Alexandria Mikhalin looked up as David entered, rubbing her wounded arm. She had a vacant look in her eyes.

Northeast of the motel-
Baldwin crossed the open ground and neared the motel parking lot. He had gotten halfway to the ladders.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Sheen aimed through his scope at the airman's head. He fired and hit. The bullet entered the airman's head and caused it to explode like ripe melon. "Target down, I hope that it was a creature and not a human that I just killed but I gave it a warning by firing near it so casa sara. What do you want me to aim at now sarge?"
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

On the Roof-

"Don't worry he would've noticed my shot anyway. Keep an eye on the heli."

In the Comm Room-

Rameriz thinks about who was dead, injured or mia.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The airman's helmet absorbed 5 points of that damage, so that shot only did 8. Black, go ahead and shoot if you want to finish him off.)

On the motel roof-
Sheen could see that the airman was not in fact down for good. The bullet had knocked him off of his feet, but he somehow continued to crawl forward. There could be no doubt that it was one of the creatures.

In the comm room-
As Malanowski had also recalled, Lereux and Malone were dead in the comm room, and McCain, Thayer, Lewis, and three civilians were dead on the balcony. Mikhalin had a wounded arm, Duran had been bitten twice, and Phillips had also been bitten twice about 50 minutes ago. One of the civilians had been wounded too and had run off, and Hockey was still missing. His last call had indicated that he was headed down beneath the diner to help the civilians.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Fearlessfred
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Fearlessfred »

"Persistant son of a bitch" Black fires again and puts another bullet through it's skull obliterating it. "Won't be getting up after that one."

In the Comm Room-

Over the radio Rameriz reports "Sir as you know both Lereux and Malone are dead and still in the comm room McCain, Thayer, and Lewis are dead along with three civilians on the balcony. Mikhalin's been shot in the arm and both Duran and Philips have been bitten both twice Philips 50 minutes ago another civilian was wounded but has run off. Hockey is MIA but his last call said he was going beneath the diner to assist the civilans."
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by wimrock »

David, having noticed the vacant look in Alexandria's eyes ask the people in the room, 'She hasn't been bitten has she?'

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”