IC-UNDER-Truly Madly Deeply(Max/Mr.Foo/Alice/Jenny/Duke/Jim)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-UNDER-Truly Madly Deeply(Max/Mr.Foo/Alice/Jenny/Duke/Jim)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alice glared at Mr. Foo and silently said nothing. Jim said, "I was thinking. Notice these holes in the suits? They resumble the burns on our clothes where that creature grabbed us and burned through to touch our skin. The suits did not do these guys any good and are probably more trouble then they are worth. But we are dying and will be dead in the next few days thanks to that creature. And we are down here anyway. We might as well continue exploring. Who knows maybe we will find a cure?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by wimrock »

Mr. Foo smiles, with an apparent look of all knowing wisdom. "Yes, I agree that we need to check out the next room. However, I agree with the dog, there may be something bad there. Still, we may not ever know unless we go in. I suggest that Alice opens the door for us, and we grab the dog and throw him into the room. Meanwhile, we will ready our weapons and stand ready for anything which might jump out. Also, if we have any cover here, we might be wise to stand behind it." Roll persuade. 94. link=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1524592/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Generally, you can't use social skills on your fellow PCs, only on NPCs. Fast Talk is a possible exception, sometimes in order to distract someone. Otherwise, you're free to decide what your own characters do. Max, roll Listen to see if you heard the conversation in the decontamination chamber. If you succeed, you may run away through whichever exit you wish first if you don't want someone to try to grab you. If you fail and anyone tries to grab Max, you'll need to make a Grapple roll (base skill is 25%). If you succeed, Max then gets a Dodge roll to avoid it (base skill is Dex x 2) or he may attempt to Bite whoever grabs him, but he may not do both. If either succeeds, he can run away faster than a human can chase him. You must have both hands free in order to Grapple.

I'll update Under in another day or two. I'm still waiting for one more player in another thread.)

In the decontamination chamber-
Jenny looked shocked. "That's terrible, Mr. Foo! Please tell me you were joking!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alice heard what Mr. Foo had said and began to curse him out in Arabic along with a few other ancient languages such as Dakota, Celtic, and Latin. Jim calmed her down by grabbing her and taking her to the other side of the room. He then turned to Mr. Foo and said, "That is a disgusting suggestion. If you wish to do that to Max then you must be brave enough to go through that door first if not I will coward."
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

Mr. Foo smiles broadly, as a beauty queen would,"Ah, but of course I was joking. Still, a little humour at a crucial time sometimes helps to defuse the stresss." He bows, "My sincere apology that my effort has failed in that way. But let us go on from that topic to one just as important, what do we do to get through the door? As in all the old d&d games, someone will have to open the door, and someone will have to go through it. I suggest I and JIm should ready our two flame throwers if we think we are going to run into a mass of zombies, but we should also ready ourselves to drop them quickly and switch to another weapon. Tell me if you agree with this suggestion."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(The door at the far end of the room is already open. I mentioned that in my initial description of the room. Also, Jim Kerr never picked up the flamer; it's still lying on the floor of the room. He already has two bulky weapons - the rifle and the electric prod - and cannot carry three. Mr. Foo does have his flamer ready.)

"Well, it wasn't funny," said Jenny, though she appeared to be over her shock.

"Uh, someone already opened this door a long time ago," said Duke. He held his M-14 and cautiously advanced to peer through it. "The room on the other side is clear," he said. "I'm going in."

"Me too." Jenny followed him through the open door into the shaft room.

In the shaft room-
This room was small. Its only feature besides the door back to the decontamination chamber was an industrial elevator in the center at the top of a shaft leading straight down. A continuous steel rail stretched from the ceiling down the shaft, and the elevator was designed to ride along it, operated by a series of cables and electrical lines. Cables and gears were attached to the ceiling above the elevator. The elevator was a platform that looked identical to the one that had brought them down into the facility from the prison level, except it was operated by switches rather than buttons. A switch on a gear box could be used to send the elevator up or down, and similar switches were both outside the elevator and on it. The elevator could hold up to six people, though it would be a tight squeeze. It appeared to be in full working order.

In the lower lab hallway-
Max remained near the stairs leading back up. He could see the people in the room at the other end of the hall arguing about something, but they seemed to stop and continue their exploration. The horrible smell he had detected earlier in that direction was stronger than ever now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Rof, rof! (agressive)
-Kain, kain! (fear)
Tail between the legs.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alice stepped into the elevator shaft and said, "Let's go down. We need to explore which is why we are here remember?" Jim also stepped into the room, paused at the doorway to call Max to him, then said, "Yeah since we are dying anyway we might as well die having helped humanity a bit more."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the shaft room-
"This must be the shaft those notes we found mentioned," said Duke. "It leads to the tunnels. It's quite a long way down, apparently."

"I don't know if we ought to go down there just yet," said Jenny. "Whatever Max is afraid of, it must be that way. Maybe...maybe we ought to go back and tell the others what we've found so far, and then decide what to do. They might have gotten that battery we need to play the reel-to-reel recording we found in the manager's office, too. I think we should listen to that before venturing below."

Max watched with dismay as his friends passed through the door.

(Max, roll Listen.)

Mr. Foo stood, apparently deep in thought about what to do next.

(Mr. Foo, roll Listen.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Jim sighed and said, "Look, we have come this far and we do not know what could be back there. We know that Kimberly came this way safely so it should be safe. I say we should continue on so who is with me?"
Alice looked at Jim as if he was crazy and said, "No we need to get all the information done, all the research done first before going off into the unknown. Lets go back and see if we can find those batteries. Worse comes to worse we can always have extra people with us to fight any creatures below."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Max doesn't hear a thing, but runnes anyway scarred.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Jenny said as she helped Alice return from the shaft room into the decontamination chamber where Mr. Foo stood waiting. Duke followed them.

"Well, let's go back upstairs," he said.

(Jim Kerr, you didn't say if you left the shaft room with the others or remained there. You can be in either location at the start of this round, and then you are free to move or otherwise act again. Also, it was Kerry who escaped through the tunnels, not Kimberly.)

Max raced up the stairs with his tail between his legs.

In the upper lab hallway-
Max emerged from the stairs at high speed. At the far end of the hall, beyond that awful-smelling creature, stood Ellen Cody, the maid from the motel.

"Max!" she called. "Hey, boy! Where are Jenny, Mr. Foo, and the others? I've got something for them." She showed him a small rectangular object. "Can you go get them?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Rof, rof. (runnes again to the others).
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Jim siliently cursed and went to the other room where he saw Mr. Foo. "Hey Sir, do you think we should go back or should we keep on going forward?"

Alice meanwhile walked up the hallway with Jenny chatting bout thier pasts.
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

Mr. Foo listens closely. Die roll = 28. link=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1531426/

OOC- had other stuff to do, so sorry I didn't get back earlier.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Don't worry about it.)

Mr. Foo had heard Ellen Cody's voice calling from upstairs: "You guys back here? Mr. Foo? I've got the battery!" He also heard what she said to Max afterwards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jenny and Duke helped Alice back into the hallway leading to the stairs. Jim Kerr and Mr. Foo remained in the room trying to decide what to do next.

(Jim Kerr and Mr. Foo, roll Listen.)

Max bounded down the stairs from above, barking excitedly as three of his friends came back. Jenny greeted him with a wide grin. "Hey, Max!" she said. "What's up?" She turned to Alice. "Anyway, I've always been interested in astronomy. I just got my Master's degree and was considering whether or not to go for a Ph.D. Guess it's all moot now. I was on my way to Wyoming when this happened. Got a job at a new observatory they were opening up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Max uses his teeths (in her clothes) to pull Alice out.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alice said, "Max, bad dog let go of my clothes." She lightly swatted him away.
wimrock
Initiate
Initiate

Post by wimrock »

Mr. Foo turned to Jim and sighed said, "Well I want to continue with you but I think we need to go down the hall with the girls for now. But I will press for us to get back here ASAP. You with me?" He also paused for a bit to listen and see if he heard anything unusual. "Shh, I hear something. Be quiet as a mouse young sensi."

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”