IC-THRU-Enter the Rough Riders(Rough Riders/Others)

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-THRU-Enter the Rough Riders(Rough Riders/Others)

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Listen 50% and Spot Hidden 45% (1d100=35, 1d100=42) Drive Motorcycle 65% (1d100=52)

Tsuaba looked over his shoulder at Lisa and yelled, "Hang on tight baby girl!" and headed into the tall grass towards the chopper.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The vehicles crossed the parking area west of the motel, and most of them stopped in the northwest corner as the bikers dismounted. Tsuba continued into the grass towards the wreckage while Lisa held on tight, the wind whipping her hair around. He could also hear the woman screaming within the wreckage, a man shouting "No!" and then two shots.

"Be careful, son!" called Amanda.

Tsuba caught sight of a man in an Air Force uniform lying facedown in the grass a short distance south of the helicopter, a single silver bar on each shoulder. He pulled to a halt between the chopper and the lieutenant.

"Ma'am, we need to get out of here now!" he heard a man in the ruined chopper shout, the same one who had called "No!" earlier.

Lisa swung her leg over the bike and rushed to the fallen officer's side to take his pulse. "This one's alive!" she said, sighing with relief as she bound the worst of his wounds and brought him around.

The lieutenant coughed and looked up at the strangers who were helping him. "What happened..." he moaned, rubbing his head. "My men..."

Keith stopped his truck, opened the door, and stepped out. "Stay back," he told Melinda. "This could be dangerous."

Dr. Dale Owens also got out of his truck. "If anyone's hurt I may be able to help," he said. "I'm a veterinarian, but I can help humans too if I need to."

Two black men in Air Force uniforms climbed down a rope ladder at the southeast corner of the motel and began to limp across the parking lot towards the chopper. Both of them appeared to have been wounded previously.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Kranix
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by Kranix »

Lewie swings his rifle around to take a better look at the approaching air force men. He looks for any signs of them having turned. If not, he returns to covering the helicopter but still being wary of the air force men
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, but be careful!-Says Melinda anxious.

Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

Tsuba got off the bike but left it running just in case and stepped to the lieutenant. He glanced at Lisa to make sure she was alright and he placed a hand on his weapon before turning and saying to the lieutenant, "What happened? I was hoping you could tell us that but we can do that on the move. Let's get your men that are still alive and get out of here. I have a bad feeling the shits about to hit the fan around here."
Bosco
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Bosco »

Ernest lay on top of the horse box, holding his breath to steady his hands he peered down his rifles scope, trying to make sense of the wreckage in front of him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Sorry, I hadn't noticed that Ernest was climbing onto the horse trailer last round. To do that, you'll need to make a Climb roll. The base skill level is 40%, and you'll get a second attempt if the first one fails. If you fail, you won't get hurt - unless it's a critical failure. You'll just be stuck on the ground. Whether or not you get up there in the two attempts, roll Spot Hidden and Listen. Lewie, you may roll Spot Hidden and Listen again as well. Melinda and Tsuba don't need to roll again, as they already succeeded last round.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Bosco
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Bosco »

From his vantage point Ernest could clearly see something in the distance. The wind however, drowned out anything he might hear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ernest could hear screams and shouts coming from within the helicopter, but couldn't make out what anyone was saying. He saw the lieutenant in the grass coming to as Lisa tended to his injuries. He was speaking and rubbing his head. Ernest even caught a glimpse of the inside of the helicopter through the smoke. One man stood just inside the doorway, his back facing outwards. Two others were treating the wounds of two more men lying in the wreckage. In what remained of the cockpit, a man in a flight suit was struggling to help a woman in a similar suit out of the co-pilot's seat. There were also a few dead bodies inside, including the pilot's.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lewie was able to see everything that Ernest did. The two uniformed men showed no sign of turning, though they did have wounded, bandaged limbs and looked ill. It was quite possible they had been bitten.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At the helicopter-
"Thanks," said the officer as Lisa helped him to his feet. "I'm Lt. Alan Curtis, U.S. Air Force. One of the men turned and attacked the pilot, and we went down. I'm not sure how I got out here. Must have been thrown during the crash. We've got to save my men." He hobbled after Tsuba towards the remains of the chopper.

"I'll stay with the bike," said Lisa. "Take care of yourself."

Tsuba and the lieutenant raced towards the wreck. As they got closer, they could both clearly see a growing engine fire. More and more black smoke spilled from it and billowed all around.

"Kill 'im! He's turned!" shouted one man from within the helicopter.

"Kill that bastard! Kill him! And anyone help me!" called another.

A third man, barely visible through the smoke, standing in the entrance with his back to the outside world yelled: "Shit...we got company! Hodges is right, everybody out, now! This place is a deathtrap! Kincaid, get Doolittle under control! Remember where we are people, I want everyone ready for a world of shit outside this bird!"

Lt. Curtis drew his sidearm as he followed Tsuba into the helicopter and stood beside the man in the entrance. They met with a horrible sight.

(Tsuba, you may have either your pistol or your rifle ready, your choice.)

The destroyed aircraft was filled with the dead and wounded. A woman wearing a white armband with a red cross on it lay still amid the twisted metal, and a big crewman with sergeant's stripes lay motionless in the cockpit, blood leaking from various wounds. Another man lay dead in the cockpit, having been shot mulitple times. The pilot was also quite dead, and the co-pilot was screaming her head off. Another crewman with a moderate wound was trying to move her, but had little success. There were four other men present: two grievously wounded, and two with lighter wounds who helped them stand up.

"It's okay, guys," said one of the latter men to the other two. "Kincaid took care of him. We've got to get out of here." Then he turned to the cockpit and saw the pilot begin to thrash around. "He's alive!" A second later, the pilot ripped through his straps, lumbered to his feet, and reached for the co-pilot and surviving crewman, his eyes bloodshot. "Look out!" He fired, wounding him slightly in the left leg. The lightly wounded man beside him cried out in terror and fired, blowing the pilot's right leg off. The pilot reached out for his prey as he fell forward. The crewman recoiled, curled up, and began to lick his wounds.

(Tsuba, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. You want to fail this roll, since you will go temporarily insane if you succeed. If you remain sane, you may get off one shot before the pilot attacks, using whichever weapon you've got ready. The range is point blank, so your skill is doubled, but there's no time to aim for the head and you'll need to roll a random hit location on 1d20. Remember that if you get 1/5 or less of your effective skill after doubling it, this is an impale and you roll double the damage dice - 4d6+2 for the AK-47 or 2d10+4 for the .45 automatic.)

Northwest of the motel-
"Thanks, I'll be careful," said Keith. He blew Melinda a kiss as he ran into the grass to the northwest, soon reaching Lisa. He unslung his AR-15 and carefully followed his brother to the chopper.

The first of the two wounded men from the motel reached the vehicles in the parking lot. The big black man had a white armband with a red cross on his sleeve. He had clearly taken a lot of punishment, both physical and mental, but he was somehow able to keep going. "I'm Airman Steve Phillips," he managed, out of breath. "This is Senior Airman Carlos Duran behind me." He pointed to the man limping across the parking area to catch up. "Keep your distance, this is dangerous."

Clarence nodded to him respectfully. "I'm Clarence Deeds," he said. "U.S. Marine Recon, retired. My boys and I are no strangers to danger, and it looks like you can use our help."

More gunfire erupted from within the helicopter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Kranix
Layman
Layman

Post by Kranix »

Lewie turns his attention fully to the helicopter, weapon at the ready to blow the back out of any infected heads that pop out.
Bosco
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Bosco »

Ernest breifly tipped his hat to the two newcomers, not seeing them as a threat. Judging by the state of the two airmen they needed the bikers help too much to cause trouble just now.

"Was that there your boys rescue party in that downed chopper? Guess we can all kiss goodby to a lift outta this shitstorm now."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Northwest of the motel-
Duran jogged up to join his comrade and nodded to Ernest. "They're reinforcements sent here to help us, sir, not to evacuate us," he said. "Now we've got to help them."

At the helicopter-
Before Tsuba could react, two more men opened fire on the pilot and downed him.

(You still need to roll Sanity, but you are free to take an action other than shooting.)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Sanity (45%) (1d100=76) Sanity Loss (1d10=9) Idea (80%) (1d100=67)

Suddenly Tsuba's eyes grew wide, as he realized that the damn sand niggers were all around him. He hated this war with a passion, the conditions here were even worse than they had been in Vietnam according to the old veterens. What made Tsuba hate this war wasn't the fact it was war but the fact that it seemed more like murder than fighting a worthy adversary. He looked at the man next to him and said, "Alright lieutenant, let's pick these fuckers off and call it a bitch of a day." At that he raised his rifle and began to shoot whatever moved.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(Ouch, bad luck there! Tsuba is not only temporarily insane, but he just lost 20% of his current Sanity. This will result in indefinite insanity. It won't kick in just yet, as he's still in shock, but once he has a chance to think - if he ever does - he'll pick up a long-term mental illness. I'll let you know what it is when it starts affecting him. There's good news, though. He can now only lose 1 more Sanity point for seeing zombies in this chapter, but he can still lose more Sanity from other things. He also lucked out in the duration - he is mentally paralyzed and cannot move for the minimum duration of 5 rounds, including this one. He can still speak and think, so you can roleplay his madness if you like. I'll let you know when he snaps out of it. Don't worry, though. Keith is coming to back his brother up and won't leave him where he is.)

At the helicopter-
Tsuba stood stock still when he saw the pilot rise up. The man had been dead, he was sure of it, and yet he had gotten back up...It was all too much for his mind to process, and he remained frozen in place, unable to move and terrified beyond anything he had ever experienced in war.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

(This coming round is Tsuba's second round out of five of mental paralysis.)

At the helicopter-
Keith Deeds rushed up to the helicopter as Lt. Curtis said "Okay, everyone, let's get out of here!" He arrived just in time to see the dead crewman in the cockpit and the dead female medic start to rise.

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!" exclaimed one of the wounded men. He started to aim his rifle at the crewman when he noticed the medic also begin rising. "Amy?" He retained his composure and snapped off a shot at the crewman. It hit him between the eyes and blew his brains out. He fell, never to rise again. "Yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about!"

"I'm here, bro!" said Keith as he stepped into the chopper alongside Tsuba. His eyes bulged when he saw the dead rising, and he stared in utter shock, but quickly came to his senses.

The lightly wounded man shot the medic, barely hitting and crippling her right arm.

(Tsuba, roll Sanity again. Since you've already lost 9 points from seeing a zombie, this time the loss is only 0/1.)

Northwest of the motel-
"My boys are already helping get the wounded out of the wreckage," said Clarence. "You can count on them. We all have to work together if we're going to get through this."

Phillips jogged off into the grass towards the wreckage. Duran followed him. "Thank you, sir," he called back. "I just hope they watch out for the dead!"

"The dead?" asked Amanda. "You mean those things...are dead?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Andrew
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Andrew »

OOC: Sanity 36% (1d100=4)

Tsuba stood there unable to move. His mind raced and all he could think about was how big of a pussy he was. He was a war vet, given accomodations and had been the biggest and toughest motherfucker around and now he was practically wetting his pants like some new recruit. He was ashamed of himself and knew that from this day forward he would never be able to look anyone in the eyes again, so great was his dishonor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the helicopter-
One of the badly wounded men, this one with Chinese features, shot the medic right between the eyes. She too collapsed instantly.

""Shit... Good shooting boys!" shouted the senior airman standing near Tsuba. He went over to the crewman. "We need to move, now!" He tried to drag the man out by his webbing, but without success. "I need some help over here!"

(All characters move to this thread: Iroquois Down)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”