OOC- Chapter 3- Over, Under, and Through- General Discussion

As the afternoon gets underway, the survivors from the T-Bone have been split up. The helicopter group must land at an airfield halfway to Omaha for refueling. Those still on the surface try desperately to defend the motel, while those trapped underground fight for their lives as they search for a way out.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: OOC- Chapter 3- Over, Under, and Through- General Discussion

Post by kabukiman »

What did you expected? You had 3 characters risking their lifes to save you :lol: ... I doubt that anyone else can be proud of a similar thing. ;)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Yes, that´s might be it. Keep up the good work, she must survive - a little bit more... I´ll save a kiss for Harry ;)
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
John Gaunt
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by John Gaunt »

Save one or three for Jack too. He's thinking of trading in his current spouse for a newer model.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ask to our keeper, if he kill your wife, you won't have to divorce from her, it will be quicker... :lol:
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

To defend my character, she did actually put herself in harms way to save the pilot! And sure if we get through this apocalyptic nightmare, there will be hugs and kisses all over!

Don´t hold your breath, though.... we´re closing this chapter and the death toll has just started peaking :!:
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, Kathryn did take huge risks to save Erica and to help out others, even giving up chances at freedom to do so. She has been very lucky so far, and I'm glad she's still alive. We'll see who makes it and who doesn't in the coming weeks.

It does help me out by having such a heavy death toll at the end of a chapter, in addition to being dramatic. Every character that dies is one less that I need to manage. There were close to 70 when Chapter 3 started, and now we're down to the low 30's, meaning Chapter 3 is already the deadliest yet. I'm expecting another 10 or more deaths before it's all over, most of those in Through. There will be over 40 new characters added in Chapter 4, so it helps to free up space. There are already 6 characters who will definitely make it to Chapter 4.

Kyle Perkins in Over will be a playable character if he survives. I'll probably draw up a character sheet for him this weekend and put him up for either a new player, or for an existing player whose characters have all died. Once Chapter 4 starts he'll be available for everybody if he's still alive and nobody has claimed him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've just added Kyle as a new playable character in Over. For now you can only play him if all of your characters are dead, or if you're a new player. If he's still alive and unclaimed by the time Chapter 3 concludes, he'll be available for anyone to play. This is first come, first served, so if you want to play him you should speak up fast.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I'm surprised that Flynn is still alive. :shock: He is been in shock for 2 turns without moving with a zombie attacking him and he wasn't hurt yet, maybe the rabbit's leg works actually.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, now you've gone and jinxed yourself! ;) Flynn just got badly injured now, but he's still alive and hasn't been bitten yet. Now it's up to his friends to save him before it's too late!

Yellowsigh has just taken over the role of Kyle Perkins. Welcome to the game! You may post when ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Flynn still lives! His psiche may be reduced to a vegetable, his body all broken, but he won't be transformed in a zombie! The rabit leg will protect him! That, and the rest of the party of course ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

He's not safe yet! That shot turned out to miss because of the -5 penalty for a head shot, so now it's up to Emily, Lauren, or Kyle to finish the job.

I've been waiting for people to post in Through before I update it, but I won't wait much longer. I need to know whether Melinda is going to drive over to where the others are as Keith has asked her, whether Colin Lewis is going to take the shot and what its results are, and what Kincaid and Ramirez are doing. Remember, if you don't act, your character will do nothing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Ooops, I tend to forget Melinda. About Flynn, I thought it would be funnier to make him dream than to simply stay quiet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's okay, and it is funnier that way. I've only got two players who haven't posted in Through, so I'm going to go ahead and update tonight.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm going to have a lot more free time in the next two and a half weeks, so I can post more frequently as long as my players can - and if their characters go insane or die, that will speed things up too. :twisted: I might even be able to wrap up Chapter 3 by mid-October if we can get a good pace going, or failing that it should be done by the end of October.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren will persevere I promise you that. NOTHING CAN KILL HER AHAHAHA! please dont kill Lauren...
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oh, don't worry, Lauren's perfectly safe now that she's back in the attic...until she gets thirsty and hungry, that is. She took a big risk climbing down, but she got out of it all right. Like a lot of young people, I guess she thinks she's immortal, huh? That was a tough break for Flynn. He'd been very lucky for a long time, though it's perhaps more accurate to say that he died because the other characters had unlucky rolls.

I'm going to go ahead and update Through tonight while I have the time. I've waited long enough for the others to post this time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Well, when he got catatonic I thought he was as good as dead. Then, as the turns passed and he was still alive I started to get some hope, sure anyone would managed to kill the zombie, right? Wrong. Anywhy, it was a great game, ironic I have only Melinda now, the character that I didn't played much.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, now you can focus more on Melinda, at least until you can grab some new characters at the start of Chapter 4. Melinda is in a good position to survive Chapter 3, and she also managed to save Keith. Where she goes from here is largely up to you, though you've been given some guidance. It is possible that Melinda will eventually meet Flynn's surviving friends from Over if they all end up going to the same place. It's funny how the characters you most expect to survive end up dying, and the ones who seem least likely to survive end up living. I think it's partly because the characters in the former group end up taking greater risks to protect the ones in the latter group.

I was amazed that Flynn didn't survive too. I thought that with everyone attacking the zombie, even though they lacked firepower, it would go down in short order - especially after it took 8 damage to the head almost right away. But a string of bad rolls dragged things out, and Flynn was getting squeezed for 1d10 damage per round, so eventually he was bound to die if the others couldn't save him. Lauren would have had a decent chance if she had remained on the porch roof and thrown another knife instead of climbing back up, but then she would have been placing herself at terrible risk.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I seem to have pushed the self destruct button on my keyboard! Hit self, or what? Add another soul to the death list, Mr Handy!
Let see what lady luck has to say about this gun slinging broad... Guys, this is just not fair. Point blank and all. At least it will be colourful.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Oh, yes - it jams! Luckily she didn´t swing a blade... My spirits sank for a moment there! Incredulously unlucky today.
At this rate all guns within reach will get jammed shut. Well, beats a stray bullet inflicting 9 hurt points.
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 3 - Over, Under, and Through”